Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,509 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

ILR Application (SET M) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / ILR Application (SET M) (14443 Views)

20 Years Stay In UK And ILR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by Mystiqueefua(f): 5:21am On Jun 02, 2022
Thanks @newbie715 for creating this thread, I've been hunting for this information for a while now.

Thanks to everyone that has contributed to this thread.

I passed my life in the UK test yesterday.

Hoping to put in my application for ILR soon, would update the thread with the turn of events �

3 Likes

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by Spinardo: 7:11pm On Jun 13, 2022
Hi everyone,

That under-G member is here again...following proceedings albeit silently.

Got my ILR recently and been procrastinating giving this report. Mine was a little deviation from the usual as I prefer to use my spouse's document but she is on Maternity leave so I had to do a bit more digging. Good gracious it was successful and as I reckon there is no information with respect to this type of application, I'll be willing to offer advise to anyone trying to apply on the same path.

My timeline is below:

Applied for ILR Route : SET(M)
Date application sent : 16/05/2022 (Super Priority)
Documents uploaded to UKVCAS portal: 22/05/2022
Date Biometrics Enrolled: 07/06/2022 7:00am London (£125)
Approval Received : 07/06/2022 1:36pm
BRP Card: 10/06/2022

Onto the next which is naturalisation but anyone that has questions using the Maternity route, please holla. Wish everyone success in their applications!

I'll report in when the next is finalised! Ciao!

3 Likes

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by wallg123: 9:41pm On Jun 13, 2022
Spinardo:
Hi everyone,

That under-G member is here again...following proceedings albeit silently.

I'll report in when the next is finalised! Ciao!

Congratulations bro.

1 Like

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by Demoore(m): 4:06pm On Jul 07, 2022
Demoore:

UPDATE

Applied for ILR Route : SET(M)
Date application sent : 04/03/2022 (standard)
Variation application sent: 16/03/2022 (super priority service £800)
Refund for standard application received less £25 admin fee: 18/03/2022
Documents uploaded to UKVCAS portal: 18/03/2022
Date Biometrics Enrolled: 24/03/2022 7:00am Birmingham (£125)
Approval Received : 24/03/2022 2:00pm
BRP Card Received: 29/03/2022

Next up is naturalisation!

Hi everyone,
Quick update. Just received an email from Home Office approving my naturalisation application. Applied 4th April, email received 4th July - 3 months wait. The ceremony has been booked for August after which I will officially come to the end of my UK immigration journey.

7 Likes

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by newbie715: 7:39pm On Jul 07, 2022
@Demoore,
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by Phebesfab(f): 9:40am On Jul 13, 2022
Good morning Everyone, I am about to pay for my ILR application and the option for both super priority and priority service are not available. I called the home office and I was told that there's only put a few slot out everyday and they can't tell me the time. It's very crucial I apply for priority because I need my Indefinite for something urgent. Does anyone have any idea about when the slot are been put out? Thanks
Re: ILR Application (SET M) by oladunni4real: 11:38am On Jul 13, 2022
Phebesfab:
Good morning Everyone, I am about to pay for my ILR application and the option for both super priority and priority service are not available. I called the home office and I was told that there's only put a few slot out everyday and they can't tell me the time. It's very crucial I apply for priority because I need my Indefinite for something urgent. Does anyone have any idea about when the slot are been put out? Thanks

Hi, for me it was about 1am in the morning, so start checking from about 12am. Hope this helps and good luck.
Re: ILR Application (SET M) by Phebesfab(f): 10:55am On Jul 14, 2022
oladunni4real:

Hi, for me it was about 1am in the morning, so start checking from about 12am. Hope this helps and good luck.

Thank you, I checked around 1am and got it. Thank you for your help.
Re: ILR Application (SET M) by Zionist26(m): 9:19pm On Jul 24, 2022
Hello all
I just got my student visa approved
I will like to know the different routes available to me inorder to be able to apply for ilr
Kindly advise
Re: ILR Application (SET M) by Alohetij: 1:33pm On Jul 26, 2022
Update:

My naturalisation ceremony was done on the 18th of June. My passport arrived today!

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to provide useful information. My immigration journey has finally come to an end grin

Good luck to everyone still in the process.

Alohetij:
Hi All

Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday today. My naturalisation application just got approved!

My application was submitted 24th of March, got my approval today.

6 Likes

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by newbie715: 1:41pm On Jul 26, 2022
Congratulations

Alohetij:
Update:

My naturalisation ceremony was done on the 18th of June. My passport arrived today!

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to provide useful information. My immigration journey has finally come to an end grin

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by newbie715: 1:47pm On Jul 26, 2022
Hi, if I have understood correctly from your post. This is your first visa to the UK?

The information on this thread is for people who have relocated to the UK as spouse of a British citizen and have lived here for 5 years.

To qualify for ILR on most routes, you would have spent 5 years in the UK.

I am not knowledgeable on other routes and it is not clear whether you are undergrad or postgrad/spouse of a British citizen or settled person. If you are not married to a British citizen and spent the qualifying period here, this is not your route.

Zionist26:
Hello all
I just got my student visa approved
I will like to know the different routes available to me inorder to be able to apply for ilr
Kindly advise
Re: ILR Application (SET M) by abubarakat: 8:14pm On Jul 31, 2022
Congratulations. Welcome to the club!

Alohetij:
Update:

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by Demoore(m): 3:42pm On Aug 01, 2022
Congratulations! Big milestone accomplished

Alohetij:
Update:

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by wallg123: 9:33pm On Aug 08, 2022
Hi Guys. I received my card for indefinite leave to remain today 08/08/22. Decision was made on the 04/08/22. I’ve already started filling out the naturalisation form online and I will be needing some information in due course. Thanks to everybody

2 Likes

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by wallg123: 9:51pm On Aug 08, 2022
newbie715:
I just checked my email and saw where I saved the documents I scanned and uploaded. Here goes:

- Spouse British passport data page
- My passport data page and BRP
- The page on my old passport that shows my entry stamp
- A very old letter I received when I got my NI number (sure it's not necessary but just in addition to the stamp to show I have been here 5 years)
- Marriage Certificate
- Masters certificate + NARIC letter
- 2 Referees
I wrote the name at the back of the passport, but it was useless as I didn't scan the back. You can skip it.

I can't remember if there was anything else but I think that was it.

Can I use my boss as one of the referees ? He is British and obviously over 25 with No criminal record. and can I used an old school mate as the other referee?. He is lives in uk but not a British citizen ?

Also I had my degrees in the uk so have never had to prove my knowledge of English. What should I answer there ?
Also see attached.

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by newbie715: 9:25am On Aug 09, 2022
Hi,

As far as I am aware, your referees need to be British passport holders as you put in the passport details in the form.

I don't know what you do for work but I guess your boss should be eligible as a referee can be any professional above 25 years.

I was actually going to say that since you have a UK degree, it means you haven't had to prove your knowledge of English so the response should be 'No' but then don't you always include your UK degree certificate in your application? So will that not be a way of proving your knowledge of English. My thinking is that one will fall into the category of not needing to prove it if you didn't need to submit additional information other than your passport to show you are from an English speaking country but if one has to submit anything additional then that means you are trying to prove it so in your case, maybe the answer is yes and you include your UK cert. I am not certain on this one. So forgive my rambling.

Edited to add, @wallg123. It shouldn't make a difference though to your application whether it's a yes or no. If you say yes, I believe it will ask what your proof is and you say UK degree cert. If you say no and still include the certificate, I don't see that you will have any issues. For mine, they emailed and requested some additional documentation when I submitted naturalisation documents. I was out of country for 6 weeks and they waited till I got back and submitted them then they approved my application.

wallg123:

Can I use my boss as one of the referees ? He is British and obviously over 25 with No criminal record. and can I used an old school mate as the other referee?. He is lives in uk but not a British citizen ?

Also I had my degrees in the uk so have never had to prove my knowledge of English. What should I answer there ?
Also see attached.

1 Like

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by wallg123: 11:17pm On Aug 09, 2022
newbie715:
Hi,

I get your point . I’ll just put yes and submit the degre certificates as usual.I no want headaches. Thank you
Re: ILR Application (SET M) by Fynebouy: 3:54pm On Aug 30, 2022
Hello everyone, I hope we are doing well and managing during this Cost of Living Crisis with the quintupling of energy bills. I hope we won't resort to Abacha stove at this rate.

Congratulations to all who've completed this process and obtained the Passport. Would anyone who did a Passport Interview please share how they were able to book an interview and what the interview was like ?

Thanks in advance for your response. God bless.
Re: ILR Application (SET M) by newbie715: 4:52pm On Aug 30, 2022
Fynebouy:
Hello everyone, I hope we are doing well and managing during this Cost of Living Crisis with the quintupling of energy bills. I hope we won't resort to Abacha stove at this rate.

Congratulations to all who've completed this process and obtained the Passport. Would anyone who did a Passport Interview please share how they were able to book an interview and what the interview was like ?

Thanks in advance for your response. God bless.

My question was going to be, What is Passport interview? As I had not heard of it before. But I have just read up on it on the gov.uk pages.

May I ask if you are the one wanting an interview (in which case, I'd ask why) or if they have invited you for one (in which case, I'd say the guidance for booking it should be in the invite)

From what I just read on the gov.uk pages, they stated that they will invite people to book appointments. It seems to be if they do not have enough information to identify the person.
Re: ILR Application (SET M) by wallg123: 10:07am On Aug 31, 2022
Good morning my people, I submitted my citizenship application today. I want to say a big THANK YOU specially to @abubarakat for taking time out to guide me through each step. Also to Newbe715: and others that have contributed to helping others on this faceless platform. God bless you all.
Now my wait starts. grin fingers crossed

1 Like

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by Fynebouy: 10:39am On Sep 05, 2022
newbie715:

My question was going to be, What is Passport interview? As I had not heard of it before. But I have just read up on it on the gov.uk pages.

May I ask if you are the one wanting an interview (in which case, I'd ask why) or if they have invited you for one (in which case, I'd say the guidance for booking it should be in the invite)

From what I just read on the gov.uk pages, they stated that they will invite people to book appointments. It seems to be if they do not have enough information to identify the person.

Hi Newbie,

Hence my question is for those who may have been invited to attend similar interview as its not a unique situation. Many first time passport applicants go through this interview if you check other immigration boards or groups. Indeed the guidance for booking is in the invite but also the guidance for applying for the ILR, FLR, Spousal visas etc are in the website but here we are providing further clarity on these processes for ourselves.

Dear all,
I kindly ask if anyone has been requested to book an appointment for a passport interview to please let me know how they were able to secure the appointment as its not as straightforward as the guidance paints. Thank you.
Re: ILR Application (SET M) by Fynebouy: 10:31am On Sep 09, 2022
I'm very pleased to come to the end of this adventure as I received my Passport today. The Passport Office approved my application yesterday after 2+ weeks of trying to book an interview appointment. For anyone who may need to reach them in the future to book such interview, please send an email to InterviewHubTechnicalSupport@hmpo.gov.uk with your details as requested in the original email. You may also wish to call 0300 222 1000/0000 for further assistance.

Furthermore be familiar with your all your visas application details and your UK environment as the questions usually spans from what you provided in your applications to your everyday life in the UK. You can also join the Facebook Group "Passport Appointment Help" as many folks from across the world are there (similar to here) specifically to share their experiences on applying for the UK Passport and the Interview.

Thanks to everyone who set up this and the original Nairaland threads were we started this journey more than 5 years ago.

Also as we mourn the passing of our Queen and pray for the peaceful repose of her soul, we pray that God Save Our King.

Fynebouy:

Hi Newbie,

Hence my question is for those who may have been invited to attend similar interview as its not a unique situation. Many first time passport applicants go through this interview if you check other immigration boards or groups. Indeed the guidance for booking is in the invite but also the guidance for applying for the ILR, FLR, Spousal visas etc are in the website but here we are providing further clarity on these processes for ourselves.

Dear all,
I kindly ask if anyone has been requested to book an appointment for a passport interview to please let me know how they were able to secure the appointment as its not as straightforward as the guidance paints. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by wallg123: 10:41pm On Sep 15, 2022
Fynebouy:
I'm very pleased to come to the end of this adventure as I received my Passport today.
Congratulations bro.

1 Like

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by Fynebouy: 10:19am On Sep 26, 2022
wallg123:

Congratulations bro.

Thanks and I'm female. Great success to all coming behind us. It's been a great adventure made easier by this and the other thread on Nairaland.
I hope one day we can all have a get together.

2 Likes

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by humblemoi: 12:12pm On Sep 26, 2022
Hi People,

May I ask if there's a form of calculator to know when it is best to apply for ILR?
Or when do you recommend making the application?

I am asking on the basis that, the date of first issue and entry are weeks apart.

Thanks.
Re: ILR Application (SET M) by Demoore(m): 9:26pm On Sep 27, 2022
Demoore:

Hi everyone,
Quick update. Just received an email from Home Office approving my naturalisation application. Applied 4th April, email received 4th July - 3 months wait. The ceremony has been booked for August after which I will officially come to the end of my UK immigration journey.

Hi everyone,
My British passport arrived in the post today. This brings to an end my UK immigration journey. Glad I was amongst the last group to swear allegiance to HM The Queen in August before her passing in September. Wishing all others still in the process the very best.

8 Likes

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by deebaby05(f): 12:56pm On Sep 30, 2022
Good day wonderful people in the house! Congrats to those that have scaled the ILR and naturalisation hurdle and goodluck to those of us coming behind.
Please i need an urgent clarification, i and my kids will be 60 months in Dec 2022 but expiry on our BRP is May 2023. When can we apply for the ILR? 28 days b4 Dec 2022 or 28days b4 expiry on BRP. Really confused.

Thanks
Re: ILR Application (SET M) by Demoore(m): 2:38pm On Sep 30, 2022
deebaby05:
Good day wonderful people in the house! Congrats to those that have scaled the ILR and naturalisation hurdle and goodluck to those of us coming behind.
Please i need an urgent clarification, i and my kids will be 60 months in Dec 2022 but expiry on our BRP is May 2023. When can we apply for the ILR? 28 days b4 Dec 2022 or 28days b4 expiry on BRP. Really confused.

Thanks

Hi deebaby05,

Congrats in advance, you are nearly there.

You are eligible to apply for ILR Set M 28 days before the 5th year anniversary of your ARRIVAL in the UK. I suggest you aim to apply between 26 - 20 days before your 5years anniversary. All the best.

PS: I encourage you to read this thread from the beginning as the question you asked has been previously answered on page 2 *by @abubarakat.
Re: ILR Application (SET M) by deebaby05(f): 6:18pm On Sep 30, 2022
Thanks a lot Demoore, I actually read from page 1 but my confusion was the expiry date on my BRP cos i was aiming to apply 28 days b4 BRP expiry.

Really appreciate your response and explanations.

Demoore:

Hi deebaby05,

Congrats in advance, you are nearly there.

You are eligible to apply for ILR Set M 28 days before the 5th year anniversary of your ARRIVAL in the UK. I suggest you aim to apply between 26 - 20 days before your 5years anniversary. All the best.

PS: I encourage you to read this thread from the beginning as the question you asked has been previously answered on page 2.
Re: ILR Application (SET M) by deebaby05(f): 10:14pm On Sep 30, 2022
Hello @humblemoi,

I went online and used the below link and it was really helpful. It will ask you questions like when visa was issued, when you entered physically and BRP expiry and calculate when you should start the ILR application. It corresponded with what @Demoore advised.

https://immigrationstory.uk/en-gb/tools/ilr-calculator

humblemoi:
Hi People,

May I ask if there's a form of calculator to know when it is best to apply for ILR?
Or when do you recommend making the application?

I am asking on the basis that, the date of first issue and entry are weeks apart.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by Fynebouy: 3:16pm On Oct 03, 2022
@Demoore is correct and I guess the calculator too. But please make sure if you have travelled outside the UK during these 60 months that you make the necessaary time allowance before applying.

I did travel to Nigeria quite a lot in the earlier days so had to wait until 28 days to BRP expiring to make my application. Otherwise I would have been out of time. Indeed I had over 250 days absences during the 60 months period and the extra days on the BRP helped me make it up.

Best of luck.

deebaby05:
Hello @humblemoi,

I went online and used the below link and it was really helpful. It will ask you questions like when visa was issued, when you entered physically and BRP expiry and calculate when you should start the ILR application. It corresponded with what @Demoore advised.

https://immigrationstory.uk/en-gb/tools/ilr-calculator

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Travelers Storm Arik For Fare Refund On International Routes / Airlines At Kaduna Airport Insist On Cash Payment / Is It Safe For Indian Like Me To Visit Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.