Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,511 members, 7,812,584 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:42 PM

ILR Application (SET M) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / ILR Application (SET M) (14328 Views)

20 Years Stay In UK And ILR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by newbie715: 9:53pm On Dec 16, 2021
tushqueen:
Yes, thank you. So you mean the principal visa applicant gets settled first before the dependants can apply even if they moved to the UK together

No. That's not what I meant, you asked about the acronyms and that was what I explained.

Are you applying for ILR?

It'd probably be easier if you ask your question directly and explain what sort of visa you are on/applying for because when you mention principal visa applicant and dependents and moving to the UK together, I am having a hard time working out what exactly you are asking in relation to ILR SET(M)

1 Like

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by abubarakat: 3:17pm On Jan 05, 2022
Happy New Year to you all.

Happy to report that I got ILR today. Onto the next one: Naturalisation!

Below is my timeline:

Applied for ILR Route : SET(M)
Date application sent : 18/12/2021 (26 days to 5 years)
Application type : Super Priority (£800)
Docs uploaded to UKVCAS portal: 28/12/2021
Date Biometrics Enrolled: 05/01/2022 7:30am Birmingham (£125)
Approval Received : 05/01/2022 11:10am
BRP Card: Pending

All the best to everyone yet to apply.

2 Likes

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by newbie715: 10:36pm On Jan 05, 2022
abubarakat:

Below is my timeline:

Congratulations. Super priority is so good isn't it, no waiting.

1 Like

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by newbie715: 10:39pm On Jan 05, 2022
More good news. I had my citizenship ceremony today so I can apply for my passport now. smiley

5 Likes

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by abubarakat: 1:05am On Jan 06, 2022
Thanks.

Expensive no doubt but for someone like me, it's worth it. I can't deal with the stress and anxiety that come with waiting for "up to 6 months".

newbie715:

Congratulations. Super priority is so good isn't it, no waiting.
Re: ILR Application (SET M) by abubarakat: 1:07am On Jan 06, 2022
Congratulations. Love this. I dey follow your footsteps.

newbie715:
More good news. I had my citizenship ceremony today so I can apply for my passport now. smiley
Re: ILR Application (SET M) by newbie715: 11:06am On Jan 06, 2022
abubarakat:
Thanks.

Expensive no doubt but for someone like me, it's worth it. I can't deal with the stress and anxiety that come with waiting for "up to 6 months".

I totally understand. It removes the waiting and you just know immediately.

I just begrudge giving them that additional money grin and I stay totally 'zen' throughout the waiting time.
Re: ILR Application (SET M) by newbie715: 11:06am On Jan 06, 2022
abubarakat:
Congratulations. Love this. I dey follow your footsteps.

Thank you, no doubt you will join me pretty soon.

1 Like

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by Demoore(m): 6:56pm On Jan 09, 2022
abubarakat:

Below is my timeline:

Big congratulations bro!
Re: ILR Application (SET M) by abubarakat: 10:37am On Jan 10, 2022
Thanks bro. Go and collect your own.

Demoore:

Big congratulations bro!

1 Like

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by Demoore(m): 6:56pm On Jan 10, 2022
abubarakat:
Thanks bro. Go and collect your own.

Just started studying the LIfe in the UK Test materials. I will try and sort it out by the month end of Jan. Such a very busy period for me with work and family, no time to even study cry cry cry undecided

1 Like

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by wallg123: 7:21am On Jan 26, 2022
Demoore:

Just started studying the LIfe in the UK Test materials. I will try and sort it out by the month end of Jan. Such a very busy period for me with work and family, no time to even study cry cry cry undecided
Hi guys
My Application was submitted yesterday for ILR.( SET M). however we couldn’t pay for priority after waiting for several days with no availability. Also due to covid-19 there is no availability for Biometric dates so they sent a mail saying they might use my biometric details from previous applications. They’ll let me know in next couple of days. Fingers crossed

1 Like

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by newbie715: 10:13am On Jan 26, 2022
My passport arrived on Monday. My UK immigration history has finally come to a fruitful end. smiley

12 Likes

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by newbie715: 10:15am On Jan 26, 2022
wallg123:

Hi guys
My Application was submitted yesterday for ILR.( SET M). however we couldn’t pay for priority after waiting for several days with no availability. Also due to covid-19 there is no availability for Biometric dates so they sent a mail saying they might use my biometric details from previous applications. They’ll let me know in next couple of days. Fingers crossed

All the best
Re: ILR Application (SET M) by Divine88: 11:33am On Jan 26, 2022
newbie715:
My passport arrived on Monday. My UK immigration history has finally come to a fruitful end. smiley
Well done to you and congratulations. You’ve finally cross the bridge grin
Re: ILR Application (SET M) by wallg123: 10:05pm On Jan 26, 2022
newbie715:
Congratulations…. The storm is over
Re: ILR Application (SET M) by abubarakat: 11:10pm On Jan 27, 2022
All the best.

FYI - the priority slots are usually released at midnight every day. I managed to get a slot at exactly 12midnight. I kept refreshing the browser tab from 11:50pm.

wallg123:

Hi guys
Re: ILR Application (SET M) by abubarakat: 11:11pm On Jan 27, 2022
Sweet. Go and tour the world. Congratulations.

newbie715:
Re: ILR Application (SET M) by Alohetij: 12:55pm On Feb 07, 2022
Hi, I know we can apply for naturalisation immediately after getting our ILR. Please, how long did you wait after you got your ILR before you applied?

newbie715:
Re: ILR Application (SET M) by newbie715: 1:30pm On Feb 07, 2022
Alohetij:
Hi, I know we can apply for naturalisation immediately after getting our ILR. Please, how long did you wait after you got your ILR before you applied?

Hi, I got my ILR in May 2021 and applied for naturalisation in July 2021. I could have applied sooner but I needed to get all my ducks in a row.

1 Like

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by oladunni4real: 10:56am On Feb 09, 2022
Hi all, is the time line for ILR still 6 months.
2.After ILR, do we still need any type of documentation for the next 2 process, naturalisation and citizenship.
3. Is it safe to say if you get your ILR today you can start the next process immediately or still wait for sometime.
Congratulations to all that have crossed the finish line.
kiss[color=#990000][/color]
Re: ILR Application (SET M) by newbie715: 2:12pm On Feb 10, 2022
oladunni4real:
Hi all, is the time line for ILR still 6 months.
2.After ILR, do we still need any type of documentation for the next 2 process, naturalisation and citizenship.
3. Is it safe to say if you get your ILR today you can start the next process immediately or still wait for sometime.
Congratulations to all that have crossed the finish line.
kiss[color=#990000][/color]

My timeline is in the first post; it took about 5 months, and I stated there that other routes were faster and that it could be backlog. I have no idea what it is now. If you need a quick response, you could pay £800 for Super-priority as @Abubarakat put up in his timeline on this page. His response was within 4 hours or there about.

After ILR its naturalisation/citizenship (same thing), and yes, you do need documentation for it, check the first page. I believe I made a comment about it.

If your ILR is as a spouse of a British citizen, you can apply for naturalisation immediately.

To be fair and in the most polite way possible, the answers to your questions are mostly on the thread already, and it's just 2 pages long.

4 Likes

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by Demoore(m): 9:04pm On Feb 11, 2022
newbie715:

Congratulations and well done. Hope to complete my immigration journey before year-end as well.
Re: ILR Application (SET M) by abubarakat: 8:00pm On Feb 28, 2022
Just in - my naturalisation application has been approved. I'm now waiting for my council to give me a date for the citizenship ceremony.

The journey that started more 5 years ago has now come to an end with passport application now in sight.

Good luck to everyone still in the process.

2 Likes

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by newbie715: 9:01pm On Feb 28, 2022
abubarakat:
Just in - my naturalisation application has been approved. I'm now waiting for my council to give me a date for the citizenship ceremony.

The journey that started more 5 years ago has now come to an end with passport application now in sight.

Congratulations. Do you need to wait for the council? In my case, I called them and they gave me available dates to choose from.
Re: ILR Application (SET M) by abubarakat: 10:54pm On Feb 28, 2022
Thanks. The HomeOffice said to give the council at least a day before calling.

newbie715:

Congratulations. Do you need to wait for the council? In my case, I called them and they gave me available dates to choose from.

1 Like

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by Demoore(m): 12:47am On Mar 04, 2022
abubarakat:

Congratulations @Abubarakat! I can imagine the feeling of removing this load off your shoulder after 5 years.

On my part, I sat for and passed my Life In the UK Test today. I will try and send in my ILR application next week using the 5 days priority.

1 Like

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by tolajay: 9:21pm On Mar 04, 2022
Congratulations, everyone.

It gets better with time.

1 Like

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by abubarakat: 9:09pm On Mar 05, 2022
Thanks brotherly. I wish you success in your upcoming application.

Demoore:

Congratulations @Abubarakat! I can imagine the feeling of removing this load off your shoulder after 5 years.

On my part, I sat for and passed my Life In the UK Test today. I will try and send in my ILR application next week using the 5 days priority.
Re: ILR Application (SET M) by Fynebouy: 7:38pm On Mar 06, 2022
Congratulations � on your ILR. Please can you clarify if one can apply before the 5 years anniversary as I was under the impression one has to be 5 years first before applying. Your guidance will be appreciated.

author=abubarakat post=109105214]Happy New Year to you all.

Below is my timeline:

[/quote]
Re: ILR Application (SET M) by abubarakat: 8:25pm On Mar 06, 2022
That's exactly why I included the bolded part.

The earliest you can apply is at least 28 days before the 5th year anniversary of your arrival in the UK.

Not the day your visa was issued; very important! Count 5 years back to the date you entered minus 28 days.

It goes without saying that this only applies to ILR under Set M.

Fynebouy:
Congratulations � on your ILR. Please can you clarify if one can apply before the 5 years anniversary as I was under the impression one has to be 5 years first before applying. Your guidance will be appreciated.

author=abubarakat post=109105214]Happy New Year to you all.

Below is my timeline:

1 Like

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by abubarakat: 8:29pm On Mar 06, 2022
I called them 2 times during this past week and was told to wait until they reach out to me.

Apparently the HO has to send them a citizenship approval letter before they can schedule a ceremony appointment.

It's a waiting game now but one I'm bothered about except that I have to do citizenship ceremony before 3 months from the date my approval was issued.

newbie715:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Passengers Assault Turkish Airline Staffs Over Rescheduled Flight / Thinking of Going Back to Nigeria For a Job Offer (after 10 years) / What's Happening On The Badagry Axis?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.