Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,840 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

ILR Application (SET M) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / ILR Application (SET M) (14444 Views)

20 Years Stay In UK And ILR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by newbie715: 3:30pm On Oct 03, 2022
I am not certain the absence calculation applies to SET (M). I posted a link on the first page of this thread where this was explored thoroughly. As I also stated there, it didn't apply to me as I was not out of country more than the specified period so I can't validate it.but it's useful information.

https://www.freemovement.org.uk/the-180-day-absence-rule-doesnt-apply-to-people-with-a-spouse-or-partner-visa/

Fynebouy:
@Demoore is correct and I guess the calculator too. But please make sure if you have travelled outside the UK during these 60 months that you make the necessaary time allowance before applying.

I did travel to Nigeria quite a lot in the earlier days so had to wait until 28 days to BRP expiring to make my application. Otherwise I would have been out of time. Indeed I had over 250 days absences during the 60 months period and the extra days on the BRP helped me make it up.

Best of luck.

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by Mystiqueefua(f): 9:00pm On Oct 12, 2022
Hi everyone,

I have just gone for my biometrics to be taken and now I wait for the decision for ilr.

I have gone for standard route and I'm unsure how long that would take. Does anyone have any recent experience on this please. Website says about 6months wait to hear back, just want to know of anyone else's experience.

I would come back to update once I've got a decision.

Thank you.
Re: ILR Application (SET M) by dustydee: 10:54pm On Oct 12, 2022
Mystiqueefua:
Hi everyone,

I have just gone for my biometrics to be taken and now I wait for the decision for ilr.

I have gone for standard route and I'm unsure how long that would take. Does anyone have any recent experience on this please. Website says about 6months wait to hear back, just want to know of anyone else's experience.

Thank you.
Google "Immigration boards" and you should get a rough idea of the waiting times.

2 Likes

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by foxyvisa: 5:52pm On Oct 22, 2022
abubarakat:
Happy to report that I have finally passed the test at the 3rd attempt (shame dey catch me but we move!).

I tried it the first time just to see what the test was about and I unsurprisingly failed.

For the 2nd attempt, I downloaded this free app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bubblingiso.LifeintheUKTest. I did some of the practice tests, memorised the answers to some of the questions I was flagged at the 1st attempt and felt confident I could pass. I submitted and proceeded to be notified of the outcome only to be told I had failed again.

For the 3rd and final attempt, I was now tired of gambling and wasting £50 and my time for each attempt. So I began to properly study for it by reading all the 5 chapters using this website: https://lifeintheuktests.co.uk/study-guide/, did some practice tests here https://lifeintheuktestweb.co.uk/, paid for the official app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.co.tso.lituk and booked the test. Glory be to God, I passed after adequate preparation.

TLDR: Study all the 5 chapters, memorise historic dates and events, British inventions and inventors, government and court systems, the patron saints etc. All the best to everyone.

A big THANK YOU @abubarakat for this link https://lifeintheuktestweb.co.uk/.

Anyone and everyone preparing to write the life in UK exam should visit this link. Read the 14 EXAMS and memorize the questions, answers and explanation.

I can confidently inform you, like thousands of people that used the site and testified, that almost all the real life exam questions are same as the practice exams in the link above.

In my situation, I read the study material intermittently and for the life of me, couldn't memorize all the historic dates and numerous information. I started studying the practice exam questions and out of 24 questions in the life in UK exams I sat for, 23 corresponded with the practice exams in the link above.

I passed on first attempt.

Infact I booked a later date for the exam but after 1 week of practicing the exams online, I booked another closer date and told my self if I fail the exam on the first date, the 2nd date will still be available.

Well I passed and had to cancel the 2nd date grin

Thousands of people testify in the comments section of the practice exam daily about the similarities in questions and how they passed on first attempt. I am also testifying too.

Thanks again @abubarakat, I appreciate you.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by abubarakat: 8:20pm On Oct 22, 2022
Congrats. I'm glad you found it useful and passed at first attempt.

foxyvisa:

A big THANK YOU @abubarakat for this link https://lifeintheuktestweb.co.uk/.

Anyone and everyone preparing to write the life in UK exam should visit this link. Read the 14 EXAMS and memorize the questions, answers and explanation.

I can confidently inform you, like thousands of people that used the site and testified, that almost all the real life exam questions are same as the practice exams in the link above.

In my situation, I read the study material intermittently and for the life of me, couldn't memorize all the historic dates and numerous information. I started studying the practice exam questions and out of 24 questions in the life in UK exams I sat for, 23 corresponded with the practice exams in the link above.

I passed on first attempt.

Infact I booked a later date for the exam but after 1 week of practicing the exams online, I booked another closer date and told my self if I fail the exam on the first date, the 2nd date will still be available.

Well I passed and had to cancel the 2nd date grin

Thousands of people testify in the comments section of the practice exam daily about the similarities in questions and how they passed on first attempt. I am also testifying too.

Thanks again @abubarakat, I appreciate you.

1 Like

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by deebaby05(f): 6:47pm On Nov 01, 2022
Hello Wonderful people in the house,

Please any advise on what to do if new nigerian e-passport has not come as at when one wants to apply for ILR? We have done biometrics and still waiting for passports but while filling the ILR form, i indicated that new passport is delayed and gave the reasons, i also said I'll upload new passports as soon as its delivered and at the "compulsory documents to be submitted section", it asked to submit old passports. Just want to know if this will not be an issue because i won't want passports to affect the 28 day rule.
Re: ILR Application (SET M) by wallg123: 11:04pm On Nov 09, 2022
deebaby05:

Please any advise on what to do if new nigerian e-passport has not come as at when one wants to apply for ILR? We have done biometrics and still waiting for passports but while filling the ILR form, i indicated that new passport is delayed and gave the reasons, i also said I'll upload new passports as soon as its delivered and at the "compulsory documents to be submitted section", it asked to submit old passports. Just want to know if this will not be an issue because i won't want passports to affect the 28 day rule.
It shouldn’t be a problem since you’ve already uploaded the expired passport.Your ILR comes as a card. So they don’t need your new passport. If they’ll ask for extra forms of identification if they need any… all the best
Re: ILR Application (SET M) by deebaby05(f): 9:56pm On Nov 10, 2022
@wallg123,

Thanks a lot for this explanation and reassurance. My mind is at rest now.

wallg123:

It shouldn’t be a problem since you’ve already uploaded the expired passport.Your ILR comes as a card. So they don’t need your new passport. If they’ll ask for extra forms of identification if they need any… all the best
Re: ILR Application (SET M) by foxyvisa: 1:55pm On Nov 14, 2022
deebaby05:

Hello @deebaby05, we appear to be having similar problems with delayed passport. Can you please update your current status or situation regarding your application without a valid passport?

I am praying applying with an expired passport will not pose any problems.

Thanks.
Re: ILR Application (SET M) by Favourablyme: 12:14pm On Nov 17, 2022
I applied for mine with my expired Nigeria passport and my application was successful. I uploaded my old passport page,NIN pdf that was given to me when I registered, a copy of the collection slip given to me by the Nigeria HC after my biometrics and a cover letter explaining that I am still waiting for my Nigeria passport and will send to them when I receive it my application was approved and still waiting for my Nigeria passport to come .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by foxyvisa: 1:07pm On Nov 21, 2022
Thanks for your response. It has given me a level of comfort regarding the delayed passport issue.

Favourablyme:
I applied for mine with my expired Nigeria passport and my application was successful. I uploaded my old passport page,NIN pdf that was given to me when I registered, a copy of the collection slip given to me by the Nigeria HC after my biometrics and a cover letter explaining that I am still waiting for my Nigeria passport and will send to them when I receive it my application was approved and still waiting for my Nigeria passport to come .
Re: ILR Application (SET M) by wallg123: 1:33pm On Nov 21, 2022
Hi guys,
Today I got the email saying my application for citizenship has been approved. It took about 2.5/ 3 months but it’s done now. Thanks to everyone that has helped out along the way. I have contacted my council today and have gotten a date for ceremony 10/12/22. Good luck to all those still waiting xx

7 Likes

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by Demoore(m): 12:57pm On Nov 22, 2022
wallg123:
Hi guys,
Today I got the email saying my application for citizenship has been approved. It took about 2.5/ 3 months but it’s done now. Thanks to everyone that has helped out along the way. I have contacted my council today and have gotten a date for ceremony 10/12/22. Good luck to all those still waiting xx

Congratulations @wallg123. The process is nearly over.

1 Like

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by wallg123: 9:53pm On Nov 23, 2022
Demoore:

Congratulations @wallg123. The process is nearly over.
Thanks oh … I can now stitch up the big hole in my pockets grin

1 Like

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by foxyvisa: 1:49pm On Nov 30, 2022
Hello @favourablyme and house, I encountered a hitch while filling my application with regards to my expired passport.

After requesting my old passport details and also NIN documents, they requested for a valid travel document. They proceeded to state a "National identity card can't prove my identity for this application ".

This has got me worried about going ahead with the application.

Please did you receive same statement while filling your application?

And which document did you state as your "Proof of travel document" please?

Attached are the statements. Thanks.

Favourablyme:
Re: ILR Application (SET M) by Favourablyme: 3:29pm On Dec 02, 2022
Although it's been months since I did my application but I think I selected no because I don't have any travel document/ temporary ID issued to me. I did put the reason why I don't have my passport in every question that ask for it though.

foxyvisa:
Hello @favourablyme and house, I encountered a hitch while filling my application with regards to my expired passport.

After requesting my old passport details and also NIN documents, they requested for a valid travel document. They proceeded to state a "National identity card can't prove my identity for this application ".

This has got me worried about going ahead with the application.

Please did you receive same statement while filling your application?

And which document did you state as your "Proof of travel document" please?

Attached are the statements. Thanks.

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by foxyvisa: 1:51pm On Dec 05, 2022
Thanks Favourablyme for the response. Fortunately, my Nigerian passport arrived in time for me to update my application.

Favourablyme:
Although it's been months since I did my application but I think I selected no because I don't have any travel document/ temporary ID issued to me. I did put the reason why I don't have my passport in every question that ask for it though.

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by Lamakinde(m): 5:51pm On Dec 05, 2022
Hi everyone, it's been a while. I have applied for my ILR set (M) last month with super priority (though left a deep hole in the pocket but tired of waiting), while booking biometric was a task as I couldn't get anywhere close by so I settled for another location after paying a fee

@Foxyvisa, I answered no to the national ID question, though I have the NIN slip but I don't want to complicate matters.
Biometric is on 18th Dec which is the earliest I could get.
I hope @Tayeby is here too.

foxyvisa:
Thanks Favourablyme for the response. Fortunately, my Nigerian passport arrived in time for me to update my application.

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by Spinardo: 12:01am On Dec 08, 2022
Hi guys,

Compliments of the beautiful season!

You already know its your self-acclaimed favorite Under G member here again....with some good news!

Yep, got my application for naturalisation approved and had the ceremony today at my Council. The council did try to frustrate me by putting me up for a ceremony a month after approval was received (after taking me round in circles with not getting a notification from the appropriate authority), but we got there in the end!

My timeline is below:

Applied for Naturalisation : 07/08/2022
Approval Received : 07/11/2022 (Note that they respond only on Mondays, at least around the time of mine and before)
Ceremony: 07/12/2022 (Was barely 15mins)

Applied for my passport; hopeful it'll land soon enough. Glad to provide an update when it does to sum up my journey! Phew! Thank God!

Appreciation to the forefathers Lexusg430 (hope I got it right) and those on whose backs we fly.... God bless! Wish everyone on this journey success! Just read and ask, you can't go wrong!

Spinardo:
Hi everyone,

That under-G member is here again...following proceedings albeit silently.

Got my ILR recently and been procrastinating giving this report. Mine was a little deviation from the usual as I prefer to use my spouse's document but she is on Maternity leave so I had to do a bit more digging. Good gracious it was successful and as I reckon there is no information with respect to this type of application, I'll be willing to offer advise to anyone trying to apply on the same path.

My timeline is below:

Applied for ILR Route : SET(M)
Date application sent : 16/05/2022 (Super Priority)
Documents uploaded to UKVCAS portal: 22/05/2022
Date Biometrics Enrolled: 07/06/2022 7:00am London (£125)
Approval Received : 07/06/2022 1:36pm
BRP Card: 10/06/2022

Onto the next which is naturalisation but anyone that has questions using the Maternity route, please holla. Wish everyone success in their applications!

I'll report in when the next is finalised! Ciao!

5 Likes

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by wallg123: 11:59am On Dec 13, 2022
Congratulations…..

I don’t know why your council was stressing you. My council gave me a date same day I received citizenship approval letter. 2 weeks after which I did ceremony and got certificate. Next day I applied for passport….
Congratulations you got there at the end

2 Likes

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by Mystiqueefua(f): 4:24pm On Dec 14, 2022
Hi everyone! Hope we are all geared up for the holidays!!!

Just an update on my application. I have received my ILR���.

And here's my timeline;

Date application sent : 13/09/2022 (Standard)
Documents uploaded to UKVCAS portal: 09/10/2022
Date Biometrics Enrolled: 10/10/2022 10:00am Sheffield (free)
Decision Email Received : 05/12/2022
BRP Card delivered: 07/12/2022

On to the next one����

Thanks to all.

Mystiqueefua:
Hi everyone,

Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by foxyvisa: 1:16am On Dec 22, 2022
Hello house, how is everyone doing?

Here to drop an update on my application.

My ILR application has been APPROVED, YES!!!

Here's my timeline;

Date application sent : 6/12/2022 (Super priority)
Documents submitted to UKVCAS portal: 16/12/2022
Date Biometrics Enrolled: 16/12/2022 8:00am (£132)
Decision Email Received : 16/12/2022 2:59pm
BRP Card delivered: 21/12/2022

While waiting for my ILR BRP card, I filled my Naturalisation application, documents ready. Immediately my ILR BRP arrived, I submitted my Naturalisation application, booked for biometric and LUCKILY! got a same day biometric date�

Naturalisation Application submitted: 21/12/2022
Date Biometric Enrolled: 21/12/2022 2:00pm
Awaiting decision eagerly �

Thanks to everyone who updated their application information and also those who shared their experiences.

Special thanks to @newbie715 for creating the ILR and NATURALISATION page.

They all formed my guide.

I am very grateful!!!

5 Likes

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by wallg123: 7:01pm On Dec 22, 2022
wallg123:
Hi guys,
Passport arrived today 22/12/22. My journey has come to an end. Thank you to everyone that’s answered my many questions along the way. God bless

8 Likes

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by Mystiqueefua(f): 10:57pm On Jan 13, 2023
Congratulations!!
foxyvisa:

Here's my timeline;

While waiting for my ILR BRP card, I filled my Naturalisation application, documents ready. Immediately my ILR BRP arrived, I submitted my Naturalisation application, booked for biometric and LUCKILY! got a same day biometric date�

Thanks to everyone who updated their application information and also those who shared their experiences.

I am very grateful!!!

1 Like

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by Naijapensioner(m): 4:52pm On Feb 03, 2023
foxyvisa:

Here's my timeline;

I am very grateful!!!

CONGRATULATIONS

1 Like

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by foxyvisa: 3:36am On Feb 13, 2023
Naijapensioner:

CONGRATULATIONS

Thanks
Re: ILR Application (SET M) by foxyvisa: 7:27pm On Feb 20, 2023
Hello house, I have today received approval for my naturalisation application.

Appied 21st, December, Citizenship approval arrived 20th February.
Decision is 1 day shy of 2months from my application and biometrics.

Next, citizenship ceremony 🤗

foxyvisa:

Here's my timeline;

I am very grateful!!!

1 Like

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by Lamakinde(m): 2:42pm On Feb 21, 2023
Congrats @Foxyvisa, am still waiting for my own. I submitted my citizenship application on the 20th of December 2022 but couldn't get biometric appointment until 18th of January 2023. So just made it barely a month from date of biometric.

1 Like

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by foxyvisa: 3:49am On Feb 24, 2023
Thanks @Lamakinde. I must say I have been very fortunate with available dates I found for my application submission, biometric and approval response.

Hopefully, you get a shorter duration for your application response than I did. I wish you all the best. 👍

Lamakinde:
Congrats @Foxyvisa, am still waiting for my own. I submitted my citizenship application on the 20th of December 2022 but couldn't get biometric appointment until 18th of January 2023. So just made it barely a month from date of biometric.
Re: ILR Application (SET M) by Spinardo: 5:39pm On Feb 26, 2023
Hi guys,

Trust everyone is well.

Been a minute I gave an update however my application did not pan out as straightforward as it should be.

Summarily, the HMPO misplaced my Nigerian Passports hence that impacted my timeline.

For context, I submitted my application on December 7 and sent supporting documents via a tracked Royal Mail service, it was delivered to HMPO on December 12 then I got a notification that it had been received and merged to my application on December 22 and a second on same day asking that I forward my International Passports. I immediately called their line and affirmed it was already with them.

Around end of January, 2023 after some search was done, I was told that the Nigerian Passports (2) were lost. I was advised to get a new one from the Nigerian High Commission to be able to progress my application and assurance that the sum will be reimbursed by the HMPO.

Quite a bit of back and forth via calls, emails and post but after a lot of follow up, push and resilience, my British Passport was issued last week (week of Feb 19th) without a Nigerian Passport. I am going ahead to get my Nigerian Passport re-issued by the Nigerian House while another round of search is being done by the HMPO for the lost passports.

Not exactly the smooth process I was hoping for but I got there in the end.

I reckon this is not a popular situation but if anyone has got the same, I may be able to share my experience in getting a resolution.

For general info, note the following with such case:

1) Do not assume the UK passport office will by itself take the initiative of locating your missing documents. You alone will need to do the follow ups and be persistent. In my experience you will need to be persistent with them. Its your UK passport and your critical documents so it is in your interest to do the follow-ups.

2) Immediately you get to know your documents are missing call the UK passport helpline 0300 222 0000 (options 8 and 3 after that). I called up this number every alternate day and each time someone new picked up and I had to explain each time (approx 20 mins call each time). However, on each call they will update the notes and forward your concern to the relevant office

3) Once you call the UK Passport helpline, try to speak to someone from the "Customer Service Management" team. Thing is, most of the people you talk to on the UK passport helpline WFH and hence no one can actually go to the passport office and look at the envelope you sent. The "Customer Service Management" team however are resolution-based and will look to resolve

4) Always send your documents by Royal mail tracked and signed and keep the tracking number safely with you. In a scenario of lost/missing documents the Royal Mail tracking number alone will save the day for you. Make sure this Royal Mail tracking number is provided to the Customer Service Management team each time you call them

Spinardo:
Hi guys,

Compliments of the beautiful season!

You already know its your self-acclaimed favorite Under G member here again....with some good news!

Yep, got my application for naturalisation approved and had the ceremony today at my Council. The council did try to frustrate me by putting me up for a ceremony a month after approval was received (after taking me round in circles with not getting a notification from the appropriate authority), but we got there in the end!

My timeline is below:

Applied for Naturalisation : 07/08/2022
Approval Received : 07/11/2022 (Note that they respond only on Mondays, at least around the time of mine and before)
Ceremony: 07/12/2022 (Was barely 15mins)

Applied for my passport; hopeful it'll land soon enough. Glad to provide an update when it does to sum up my journey! Phew! Thank God!

Appreciation to the forefathers Lexusg430 (hope I got it right) and those on whose backs we fly.... God bless! Wish everyone on this journey success! Just read and ask, you can't go wrong!

3 Likes

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by newbie715: 8:20pm On Feb 26, 2023
Phew...that's quite the roller coaster. Glad you got there in the end. Congratulations! Hopefully they find your Nigerian passports. Do you know what the wait time is like to get Nigerian passport reissued/renewed now?

Spinardo:
Hi guys,

Trust everyone is well.

Been a minute I gave an update however my application did not pan out as straightforward as it should be.

Summarily, the HMPO misplaced my Nigerian Passports hence that impacted my timeline.

For context, I submitted my application on December 7 and sent supporting documents via a tracked Royal Mail service, it was delivered to HMPO on December 12 then I got a notification that it had been received and merged to my application on December 22 and a second on same day asking that I forward my International Passports. I immediately called their line and affirmed it was already with them.

Around end of January, 2023 after some search was done, I was told that the Nigerian Passports (2) were lost. I was advised to get a new one from the Nigerian High Commission to be able to progress my application and assurance that the sum will be reimbursed by the HMPO.

Quite a bit of back and forth via calls, emails and post but after a lot of follow up, push and resilience, my British Passport was issued last week (week of Feb 19th) without a Nigerian Passport. I am going ahead to get my Nigerian Passport re-issued by the Nigerian House while another round of search is being done by the HMPO for the lost passports.

Not exactly the smooth process I was hoping for but I got there in the end.

I reckon this is not a popular situation but if anyone has got the same, I may be able to share my experience in getting a resolution.

For general info, note the following with such case:

1) Do not assume the UK passport office will by itself take the initiative of locating your missing documents. You alone will need to do the follow ups and be persistent. In my experience you will need to be persistent with them. Its your UK passport and your critical documents so it is in your interest to do the follow-ups.

2) Immediately you get to know your documents are missing call the UK passport helpline 0300 222 0000 (options 8 and 3 after that). I called up this number every alternate day and each time someone new picked up and I had to explain each time (approx 20 mins call each time). However, on each call they will update the notes and forward your concern to the relevant office

3) Once you call the UK Passport helpline, try to speak to someone from the "Customer Service Management" team. Thing is, most of the people you talk to on the UK passport helpline WFH and hence no one can actually go to the passport office and look at the envelope you sent. The "Customer Service Management" team however are resolution-based and will look to resolve

4) Always send your documents by Royal mail tracked and signed and keep the tracking number safely with you. In a scenario of lost/missing documents the Royal Mail tracking number alone will save the day for you. Make sure this Royal Mail tracking number is provided to the Customer Service Management team each time you call them

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by Spinardo: 6:41pm On Feb 27, 2023
Thanks Newbie. Got there in the end...lol

I'm actually tracking timelines through a mate who applied a week ago. However another mate that applied in November said he got it within a little over a week.

I'll share updates in this regard as i'm informed.

newbie715:
Phew...that's quite the roller coaster. Glad you got there in the end. Congratulations! Hopefully they find your Nigerian passports. Do you know what the wait time is like to get Nigerian passport reissued/renewed now?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Travelers Storm Arik For Fare Refund On International Routes / Airlines At Kaduna Airport Insist On Cash Payment / Is It Safe For Indian Like Me To Visit Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.