Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,796 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

ILR Application (SET M) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / ILR Application (SET M) (14438 Views)

20 Years Stay In UK And ILR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by newbie715: 6:49am On Feb 28, 2023
Thanks for the info

Spinardo:
Thanks Newbie. Got there in the end...lol

I'm actually tracking timelines through a mate who applied a week ago. However another mate that applied in November said he got it within a little over a week.

I'll share updates in this regard as i'm informed.

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by foxyvisa: 2:46am On Mar 03, 2023
Hello house, It's being 1 week 4 days since I contacted my council for a date for my citizenship ceremony but i am still informed i have been added to a waiting list as there isn't any available dates.

They have confirmed being in possession of my paper work from home office.

Please has anyone experienced this delay in getting a date for their citizenship ceremony?
Re: ILR Application (SET M) by Lamakinde(m): 3:45pm On Mar 07, 2023
I got my citizenship approved yesterday the 6th of March 2023 and called my council today who booked me in for ceremony next week Thursday 16th of March 2023. I had my biometric done on the 18th of January 2023 despite booking immediately after Indefinite to remain decision on the 18th of of December 2022.
Timeline
ILR - Biometric (Super priority)- 18/12/23
Indefinte to remain decision - 19/12/23
Citizenship application- 20/12/23
Citizenship Biometric - 18/01/23
Citizenship Approval - 06/03/23
Called Council to book ceremony - 07/03/23
Ceremony date by Council - 16/03/23

Duration of Citizenship approval -1 month 2wks.

Thanks everyone for all the support since this journey started in 2017 July/August for first Application.

foxyvisa:
Thanks @Lamakinde. I must say I have been very fortunate with available dates I found for my application submission, biometric and approval response.

Hopefully, you get a shorter duration for your application response than I did. I wish you all the best. 👍

2 Likes

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by Lamakinde(m): 3:50pm On Mar 07, 2023
I think it depends on the Borough as I have to choose a more popular Borough where I sue to live which is 30 minutes away from where I live now. Just call them to remind them. Hopefully they will have a date for you.

foxyvisa:
Hello house, It's being 1 week 4 days since I contacted my council for a date for my citizenship ceremony but i am still informed i have been added to a waiting list as there isn't any available dates.

They have confirmed being in possession of my paper work from home office.

Please has anyone experienced this delay in getting a date for their citizenship ceremony?
Re: ILR Application (SET M) by teejay231: 2:26pm On Mar 08, 2023
Hello everyone,

Congratulations to everyone.

Has anyone experienced not having the super priority payment option when completing the ILR application form? I really don't want the standard option. Thanks.
Re: ILR Application (SET M) by foxyvisa: 8:58pm On Mar 09, 2023
Lamakinde:
I got my citizenship approved yesterday the 6th of March 2023 and called my council today who booked me in for ceremony next week Thursday 16th of March 2023. I had my biometric done on the 18th of January 2023 despite booking immediately after Indefinite to remain decision on the 18th of of December 2022.
Timeline

Thanks everyone for all the support since this journey started in 2017 July/August for first Application.

Yesssss! You got a shorter application processing duration than myself.

Congratulations
Re: ILR Application (SET M) by foxyvisa: 9:04pm On Mar 09, 2023
Lamakinde:
I think it depends on the Borough as I have to choose a more popular Borough where I sue to live which is 30 minutes away from where I live now. Just call them to remind them. Hopefully they will have a date for you.

You are right about the borough and council differences. I was informed my council conducts group ceremonies once every 6 weeks😳

I eventually opted for a paid private citizenship ceremony. Happy to report, I had my ceremony today the 9th.
2 weeks 3 days from receipt of Naturalisation approval.

Passport application submitted, awaiting response.
Re: ILR Application (SET M) by foxyvisa: 10:40pm On Mar 09, 2023
teejay231:
Hello everyone,

Congratulations to everyone.

Has anyone experienced not having the super priority payment option when completing the ILR application form? I really don't want the standard option. Thanks.

The super priority slots are usually released at midnight every day. I managed to get a slot at exactly 12:05 midnight. I kept refreshing the browser tab from 11:50pm.

Good luck
Re: ILR Application (SET M) by teejay231: 1:07am On Mar 10, 2023
Thank you so much. Wasn't sure why I couldn't see that option. I assumed they had paused it.

foxyvisa:

The super priority slots are usually released at midnight every day. I managed to get a slot at exactly 12:05 midnight. I kept refreshing the browser tab from 11:50pm.

Good luck

1 Like

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by Lamakinde(m): 4:37pm On Mar 10, 2023
Congrats, good you got it sorted.

foxyvisa:

You are right about the borough and council differences. I was informed my council conducts group ceremonies once every 6 weeks😳

I eventually opted for a paid private citizenship ceremony. Happy to report, I had my ceremony today the 9th.

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by Lamakinde(m): 4:40pm On Mar 10, 2023
Thanks.

foxyvisa:

Yesssss! You got a shorter application processing duration than myself.

Congratulations
Re: ILR Application (SET M) by DashBCU: 1:52am On Mar 19, 2023
Massive congratulations.

I have recently gotten my COS but have yet to apply for my T2 visa because my company cannot provide me with enough hours to meet up with the salary requirement, meaning my annual salary will not be up to the required £25,600.

Will this affect me when I get to the ILR application? What do you advise, please?

Please can you state the requirement for the ILR application?

I need all the help from people who have gotten to that stage. Thank you.
Re: ILR Application (SET M) by DashBCU: 1:57am On Mar 19, 2023
@lamakinde
DashBCU:
Massive congratulations.

I have recently gotten my COS but have yet to apply for my T2 visa because my company cannot provide me with enough hours to meet up with the salary requirement, meaning my annual salary will not be up to the required £25,600.

Will this affect me when I get to the ILR application? What do you advise, please?

Please can you state the requirement for the ILR application?

I need all the help from people who have gotten to that stage. Thank you.
Re: ILR Application (SET M) by Lamakinde(m): 3:16am On Mar 19, 2023
Thanks. My route is through the spousal visa. The ILR requirements and eligibility for T2 formerly called Tier 2 visas are in that link below.

https://www.gov.uk/indefinite-leave-to-remain-tier-2-t2-skilled-worker-visa

Financial requirements when you can be paid less is as follows according to gov.uk site.
If you do not meet the usual salary requirements, and you do not work in healthcare or education, you might still be eligible if your annual salary will be at least £20,480. You must still be paid at least £10.10 per hour.

You do not have to be paid £25,600 if the main job you’re sponsored for:

is on the list of healthcare and education shortage occupations
is on the list of all other shortage occupations
was on one of these lists when you applied for your Skilled Worker or Tier 2 (General) visa
You also do not have to be paid £25,600 if you were sponsored for a Tier 2 (General) visa in one of the following occupation codes:

2111 Chemical scientists
2112 Biological scientists and biochemists
2113 Physical scientists
2114 Social and humanities scientists
2119 Natural and social science professionals not elsewhere classified
2150 Research and development managers
2311 Higher education teaching professionals

DashBCU:
@lamakinde
Re: ILR Application (SET M) by Lamakinde(m): 5:30pm On Mar 30, 2023
Passport received. Once again, thank you everyone.
Timeline
Application submitted - 16/03/2023
Identity confirmation received - 17/03/2023
Application received - 17/03/2023
Documents received - 21/03/2023
Application approved - 27/03/2023
Passport printed - 29/03/2023
Passport received - 30/03/2023

Lamakinde:
Timeline

3 Likes

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by foxyvisa: 1:20pm On Mar 31, 2023
Hello, house

Happy to report I have received my British passport.
3 weeks 1 day from date of application.

Many thanks to everyone in the house for your timelines contribution, updates and responses to questions and inquiries.

It's the end of my UK immigration journey. Wheew😓😥

foxyvisa:

Happy to report, I had my ceremony today the 9th.

3 Likes

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by newbie715: 2:07pm On Mar 31, 2023
Congratulations

foxyvisa:
Hello, house

Happy to report I have received my British passport.
3 weeks 1 day from date of application.

Many thanks to everyone in the house for your timelines contribution, updates and responses to questions and inquiries.

It's the end of my UK immigration journey. Wheew😓😥

1 Like

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by foxyvisa: 5:43pm On Mar 31, 2023
newbie715:
Congratulations

Thanks newbie715.

Your insight and decision to create the ILR platform has helped and navigated me and many others to success in different applications.

Cheers to you 🥂
Re: ILR Application (SET M) by Divine88: 9:33pm On Dec 01, 2023
ILR submission & payment - 05/06/2023
ILR Biometric - 22/06/2023 (free)
ILR Approval email - 24/07/2023
BRP delivered - 26/07/2023

2 days after BRP card collection.

Naturalisation submission & payment - 31/07/2023
Biometric - 15/08/2023 (Free)
Approval email - 20/11/2023
Ceremony date booked - 08/01/2024.

Many thanks to everyone. Without your inputs, this wouldn't have been easy. All the best to all who will soon get to this stage.

2 Likes

Re: ILR Application (SET M) by newbie715: 4:46pm On Dec 06, 2023
Congratulations

Divine88:
ILR submission & payment - 05/06/2023
ILR Biometric - 22/06/2023 (free)
ILR Approval email - 24/07/2023
BRP delivered - 26/07/2023

2 days after BRP card collection.

Naturalisation submission & payment - 31/07/2023
Biometric - 15/08/2023 (Free)
Approval email - 20/11/2023
Ceremony date booked - 08/01/2024.

Many thanks to everyone. Without your inputs, this wouldn't have been easy. All the best to all who will soon get to this stage.
Re: ILR Application (SET M) by Divine88: 2:58pm On Dec 08, 2023
newbie715:
Congratulations

Thank you Newbie715
Re: ILR Application (SET M) by nkembaby008: 8:51pm On Mar 04
Lamakinde:
Timeline

Hello, please did you wait for your ILR BRP to arrive before applying for naturalisation or was the email confirming it was successful enough?
Re: ILR Application (SET M) by humblemoi: 5:47pm On Mar 05
nkembaby008:

Hello, please did you wait for your ILR BRP to arrive before applying for naturalisation or was the email confirming it was successful enough?

You Will definitely need the BRP before applying for naturalisation.
Re: ILR Application (SET M) by evenda: 7:22am On Apr 27
I am due to apply for my ILR / spouse visa, my 3 dependants under 18yrs have not lived in uk for 5yrs but I have read online they can be added to my ILR application as there is no 5yr rule for dependeants when applying for ilr.

Is this correct please?
Re: ILR Application (SET M) by evenda: 7:24am On Apr 27
newbie715:
Hi Everyone,

Having searched unsuccessfully for ILR thread, I decided to start one.

I have recently been through my ILR application so I will just post useful links or info that helped me and my timeline. Anyone with additional info should feel free to add.

I should add that my ILR experience is as a spouse of a British Citizen (SET M) so the information I have is on this route. Other routes have similarities but have their own peculiar documentation requirements.

Timeline:

Applied for ILR Route : Set (M)
Application submitted: 08/12/2020
Document Uploaded : 31/12/2021
Date Biometrics Enrolled : 05/01/2021
Application type : Standard
Approval/Refusal Received : 19/05/2021
BRP Card Received : 21/05/2021

I don't think it's necessary to add my list of documents as the application process personalises one's document list based on the information you entered but as a guide, it's basically the documents used for FLR (M) + life in the UK test. My advice is to write the LIUK test as soon as you can, it doesn't expire.

I am due to apply for my ILR / spouse visa, my 3 dependants under 18yrs have not lived in uk for 5yrs but I have read online they can be added to my ILR application as there is no 5yr rule for dependeants when applying for ilr.

Is this correct please?
Re: ILR Application (SET M) by newbie715: 3:47pm
Sorry for the delayed response.

Since you are on this thread, I am guessing your spouse is British, if that is the case, then the answer is yes, you can add your dependants under 18yrs to your ILR application even if they haven't lived here for 5 years.

evenda:

Is this correct please?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Old Is Too Young, To Have Nigeria Int. Passport? / FG Lifts Ban On Emirates Airline As UAE Suspends COVID Tests On Passengers / Travelers Storm Arik For Fare Refund On International Routes

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.