Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,502 members, 7,854,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 11:23 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4661360 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (6227) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 10:40pm On Feb 26, 2013
Barcelona's arrogance in not using a proper caretaker manager is out for all to see. Now we can see the usefulness of a manager/coach.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 10:55pm On Feb 26, 2013
We are officially in crisis mode. We are definitely not beating Milan 3-0 if we keep defending like this.

Thank God Tito got us a healthy lead in the league before getting ill.

logica: Barcelona's arrogance in not using a proper caretaker manager is out for all to see. Now we can see the usefulness of a manager/coach.

I agree 100%.

AJ, sorry man. Wrong match to go watch in Camp Nou.

Barca coaches and management need to learn that defence is part of the game and necessary investments in quality CBs is paramount for this team. No point defending like school boys and later blaming opponents for parking the bus.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 11:01pm On Feb 26, 2013
Stealthy: We are officially in crisis mode. We are definitely not beating Milan 3-0 if we keep defending like this.

I agree 100%.

Barca coaches and management need to learn that defence is part of the game and necessary investments in quality CBs is paramount for this team. No point defending like school boys and later blaming opponents for parking the bus.
You are right bruv... I can see us winning just the league this season and hopefully the super cup...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:07pm On Feb 26, 2013
Bad defeat for us. Thank God we scored that late consolation. Very Poor by us. At least we'll do proper spending next season to strengthen our dire defence.
Up Barca!!!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 11:22pm On Feb 26, 2013
Men I am so so pissed but thank God it wasn't a hiding. My 5-0 is still intact. They can have the copa I'l have la liga. But for now I need man u to do me a favour. Knock these basstardz out.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by A40(m): 11:24pm On Feb 26, 2013
I was talking about over-reliance on Messi the other day and Johnpaul was yarning many many! Shebi u dey see am now
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 11:25pm On Feb 26, 2013
Stealthy: We are officially in crisis mode. We are definitely not beating Milan 3-0 if we keep defending like this.

I agree 100%.

Barca has lost to 2 big clubs. Those are the biggest clubs Barca played with while Roura was in charge; losing both by a 2 goal margin. The issue isn't just defense; it is easy to read Barca's game. Then it takes a good manager to motivate the players before a big game. Roura obviously doesn't have it. I don't see Barca overturning the deficit against Milan. Barca can get away with Roura playing Osasuna and Getafe. Playing against big clubs with experienced managers is a different matter.

Imagine if Tito had not been there for the first leg. It would've been worse.

But I am not blaming Roura. The management is to blame, but they must've thought since Villanova as assistant to Guardiola replaced Guardiola and had even better results, then Roura could do same.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AlabaSlim: 11:31pm On Feb 26, 2013
ddippset: Watching the milan derby and wondering how we could lose 2 nil to this milan.
guy na anoda match u watch check well
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AlabaSlim: 11:32pm On Feb 26, 2013
Alaba_Slim: With what i saw yestanite esp 1st half, this team is lackin confidence a little; score 4goalz & concede 3 is not & will neva be the way to go.
You can't play madrid & milan with such horrific display esp that DEFENCE & get away with it lailai.
It's jus as if there is hope 4 assnal than barca in the ucl...jus sayin sha
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 11:32pm On Feb 26, 2013
Yet another game that we deserved to lose.

My thoughts:
1. I never wanted Cesc playing this game. Goal.com best exposed my thoughts about his game tonight with the words; "Had little impact on the game playing in midfield.Would have been better suited to the game had he switched with Iniesta to play in attack." an intelligent would have read that and adjusted the play. Cesc's ability to win back possession is questionable and his pace off the ball is laughable.

2. Jordi Roura is a stooge. He's only good at one role- an assistant coach. And trust me, no top club should/would seek his service for whatever reason.

3. The game was lost on tactical inability on the coach's part. Moanrihno won in that regard. It was easy to predict our starting line up and player position. With Iniesta playing as an auxiliary forward, all that Mou did was withdraw a midfielder to shuffling up in defence and do a quasi pivot in the middle of the pack (successfully shutting down the influence or otherwise of Busquests and still handling the defensive duties to perfection) hence, with Barca playing with 2 creative players in the forward position (Messi and iniesta) and a less threat in Pedro, Moudrid had 2 players close marking them intermittently, thus shutting the space for any form of creative through balls into the Madrid box. It worked well to plan.

3. Our adamant poise not to sign a quality back is our undoing this season. We will suffer more!

4. Our tiki-taka game should be revised and made more adaptive to game plans of the opposing team. At 0-2, it was so easy to conclude the game was lost. At such moments, it sucks to be a fan.

5. With the way we play, we need no soothsayer to predict there's nuffin for us in the game against Milan.

6. Get well Tito! We miss you.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AlabaSlim: 11:41pm On Feb 26, 2013
I'm a utd fan BUT i am not happy when barca (esp M£$$ì) are trendin on twitter every 0.0000001 nano secondz 4rm footballers, celebrities to sportzpundits/journalists, comedianz,etc
chei my messi don suffer since dat defeat to milan...well such na life cos i know messi will & must surely bounce back.
@least pple will no longa make their CHILDISH comment dat 'barca can do without a coach'
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 11:52pm On Feb 26, 2013
ddippset: Men I am so so pissed but thank God it wasn't a hiding. My 5-0 is still intact. They can have the copa I'l have la liga. But for now I need man u to do me a favour. Knock these basstardz out.
They don't even have the Copa yet.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:56pm On Feb 26, 2013
We miss Tito!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AlabaSlim: 12:20am On Feb 27, 2013
logica: They don't even have the Copa yet.
Says who? I know say na play u dey play
Johnpaul88: Madrid
You are not gonna outplay me !
You are not gonna outscore me !
Not under ma roof !

2nd leg Copa Del Rey El Classico comes up 9:00pm this night. You don't wanna miss that.
Hehehe...saw this joke & i laughed my a_sss out
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 12:23am On Feb 27, 2013
ddippset: Men I am so so pissed but thank God it wasn't a hiding. My 5-0 is still intact. They can have the copa I'l have la liga. But for now I need man u to do me a favour. Knock these basstardz out.
Infact, just like u read my mind before posting this... Like u stated, our 5-0 is yet intact and afterall I won at the Santiago last season by this same goal margin, so no cause for alarm.

Anywayz, we really do need CBs (at least 2), Neymar, and one other person up-front (a striker). ..

In any case, we are more than a club.
Forca Barca!!!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 12:27am On Feb 27, 2013
Our problem is not far fetched. The posession football doesn't work any longer. At least not against the big strong physical side like chelsea and madrid. With this poesssion football we leave ourselves open for a sucker punch. When we press upfront we lose the baLl and chase the counter attack and thereby concede a goal or a free kick. It isn't working. Nothing out of this world from madrid, we jusst conceeded two goal from counters at points when we were actually in control. Too bad.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 12:31am On Feb 27, 2013
Alaba_Slim:
Says who? I know say na play u dey play

Hehehe...saw this joke & i laughed my a_sss out
introduce yourself soldier! When u saw the joke why didn't you laugh your asz out b4 the match? Why now?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 1:07am On Feb 27, 2013
ddippset: Our problem is not far fetched. The posession football doesn't work any longer. At least not against the big strong physical side like chelsea and madrid. With this poesssion football we leave ourselves open for a sucker punch. When we press upfront we lose the baLl and chase the counter attack and thereby concede a goal or a free kick. It isn't working. Nothing out of this world from madrid, we jusst conceeded two goal from counters at points when we were actually in control. Too bad.
I don't agree that our possession football does not work any longer. It's a simple logic - if your opponent does not have the ball more often, they cannot win.
This brand of football is what made Barca so unique in the world and it gives them a special identity. They have won alot playing this way and there is no evidence to show that it cannot work again. It only need some retouching. Barca need to get more defenders to defend set pieces and counters.
For the match, we lacked confidence and it's only a coach that can provide that.

Not minding the frustration we barca fans must be going through now, we must not begin to bit the finger that have fed us fat thus far. Calling our style of football outdated because we lost a couple of games , is simply being ungrateful. We must stay calm!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 1:13am On Feb 27, 2013
^^^You are right man... I'm with you on this
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by nitlad: 1:54am On Feb 27, 2013
coogar:

john paul gaultier, what is barcelona serving tonight?
ronaldo asked me to tell you that after 90 mins, his white shirt would turn red - the blood of barcelona would be responsible for the colour change.

be afraid!!!!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 2:18am On Feb 27, 2013
Alaba_Slim: I'm a utd fan BUT i am not happy when barca (esp M£$$ì) are trendin on twitter every 0.0000001 nano secondz 4rm footballers, celebrities to sportzpundits/journalists, comedianz,etc
chei my messi don suffer since dat defeat to milan...well such na life cos i know messi will & must surely bounce back.
@least pple will no longa make their CHILDISH comment dat 'barca can do without a coach'

Spot on with the bolded.

[quote author=logica Roura obviously doesn't have it.

But I am not blaming Roura. The management is to blame, but they must've thought since Villanova as assistant to Guardiola replaced Guardiola and had even better results, then Roura could do same.[/quote]

Agree! Management assumed that all Roura has to do is show up with Messi and the team will win.

McLeo's post is another one I agree with. There are many lessons to be learnt, but from Rubin Kazan, to Inter, to Madrid, to Chelsea, to Celtic, to AC Milan, we never learn the lessons.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by RuuDie(m): 6:04am On Feb 27, 2013
The problem is not your personnel, the problem is not confidence, the problem is not Roura...The fvcking problem is don't go chasing a game you don't need to win! >:

Time and time again FCB gets sucker-punched on the counter when they should otherwise be 'countering' or playing keep-ball whilst waiting for the opposition to 'open up'. It is just frustrating!

Anyway, I don't think there is too much cause for alarm...the ligue is yours and you guys may still likely win the UCL even though I am secretly hoping you get dumped out now so UTD may have a better chance grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by RuuDie(m): 6:12am On Feb 27, 2013
....And I also feel that Madrid PK was quite soft. . .the way CR went down reminded me of FT's fall against J. Evans at the bridge. He already had his knees folded and I doubt if Pique even made any contact at all.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 7:07am On Feb 27, 2013
Stealthy:

embarassed is all I can say.
But no shaking. It's always a great experience at the Camp Nou. The atmosphere, the fans singing y Porto-es es puto - e (Pidgin Catalan for 'All Portuguese are MotherF&%kers'), as well as screaming Puta Madrid! every time Real scored. Plus, seeing those boys play live is not comparable in any way to watching them on TV. So I still had a good time like I always do wink, even though my team lost.

To the rest of the cules, take heart jare. If you guys sound so sad, it means you were not supporting El Barca in 2006-2008, or 2000-2004. There were way more tears back in those days wink. At a point Barca did not even qualify for Europe. grin

I will save any analysis for sometime in March, after the CL rounds have been done and dusted. Till then, visca El Barca o jare. Na today?

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 7:27am On Feb 27, 2013
Barca's not officially in crisis. The players are not pointing accusing finger here and there. The Coaching staff 's also calm and i think that's very important for the club and team. The alarm bell is not ringing... They 'll analyse the difficulties the team 's facing and everything 'll be alright.

Talking about crisis, as soon as Alberto Undiano Mellanco was appointed to oversee the match, i partially and secretly lost interest in our chances to win. This Pamplona -born ref has now officiated 3 of the 4 el classico we lost under Mourinho. It's no longer a coicedence that we performe very poor when he 's at the middle. In fact, the only league match we lost came when he reffed us and that was the only time he's reffed us in a league match this season. He's to us what Mike Dean is to Arsenal. I think this is where the real crisis is.

But nevertheless, we need to salvage some pride in the league Match on saturday. Madrid may not be too interested in that match. They'll have an eye in the United match coming on tuesday.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 7:27am On Feb 27, 2013
Barca's not officially in crisis. The players are not pointing accusing finger here and there. The Coaching staff 's also calm and i think that's very important for the club and team. The alarm bell is not ringing... They 'll analyse the difficulties the team 's facing and everything 'll be alright.

Talking about crisis, as soon as Alberto Undiano Mellanco was appointed to oversee the match, i partially and secretly lost interest in our chances to win. This Pamplona -born ref has now officiated 3 of the 4 el classico we lost under Mourinho. It's no longer a coicedence that we performe very poor when he 's at the middle. In fact, the only league match we lost came when he reffed us and that was the only time he's reffed us in a league match this season. He's to us what Mike Dean is to Arsenal. I think this is where the real crisis is.

But nevertheless, we need to salvage some pride in the league Match on saturday. Madrid may not be too interested in that match. They'll have an eye in the United match coming on tuesday.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 7:41am On Feb 27, 2013
AjanleKoko:

But no shaking. It's always a great experience at the Camp Nou. The atmosphere, the fans singing y Porto-es es puto - e (Pidgin Catalan for 'All Portuguese are MotherF&%kers'), as well as screaming Puta Madrid! every time Real scored. Plus, seeing those boys play live is not comparable in any way to watching them on TV. So I still had a good time like I always do wink, even though my team lost.

To the rest of the cules, take heart jare. If you guys sound so sad, it means you were not supporting El Barca in 2006-2008, or 2000-2004. There were way more tears back in those days wink. At a point Barca did not even qualify for Europe. grin

I will save any analysis for sometime in March, after the CL rounds have been done and dusted. Till then, visca El Barca o jare. Na today?
I feel you. The atmosphere would have been very awesome there because right where i was watching the match , the fans never gave up on the team even when we were 3 nil down. They kept on shouting and cheering the team on.
Don't worry next time you visit, we 'll have a very big win.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 7:48am On Feb 27, 2013
Johnpaul88: I don't agree that our possession football does not work any longer. It's a simple logic - if your opponent does not have the ball more often, they cannot win.
This brand of football is what made Barca so unique in the world and it gives them a special identity. They have won alot playing this way and there is no evidence to show that it cannot work again. It only need some retouching. Barca need to get more defenders to defend set pieces and counters.
For the match, we lacked confidence and it's only a coach that can provide that.

Not minding the frustration we barca fans must be going through now, we must not begin to bit the finger that have fed us fat thus far. Calling our style of football outdated because we lost a couple of games , is simply being ungrateful. We must stay calm!

Like i observed earlier; "Our tiki-taka game should be revised and made more adaptive to game plans of the opposing team. At 0-2, it was so easy to conclude the game was lost. At such moments, it sucks to be a fan."
The total football gave us a long dominance in the world of football, thus making our rating a standard tool for measuring football competence. To beat or hold Barca to a draw is considered a remarkable achievement. Trust me, some coaches and players may even be adding that in their CVs. E.g I am the first player to score back to back against Barca. I was the first coach in 4 yrs to beat Barca on away goals etc. But like every civilization, there's always a time to rebrand. Now is the time.

Johnpaul88: Barca's not officially in crisis. The players are not pointing accusing finger here and there. The Coaching staff 's also calm and i think that's very important for the club and team. The alarm bell is not ringing... They 'll analyse the difficulties the team 's facing and everything 'll be alright.

Trust me, Moanrhino is too intelligent to take the league game too seriously. By now, he has the winning formula for us- tested and trusted! He can even afford to field a few canteneros and rest his star players (except CR7 Of course). Winning the league game on saturday is of little or no importance, but they have a higher chance of winning the game than we do.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by nitlad: 8:08am On Feb 27, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Interesting to find out that what makes the atmosphere of the Poo Camp a great one are racist and vile chantings undecided
That Cule w*nkers find this pleasureable says a lot about the irredentists pigs who claim to be 'more than a club'. And pride themselves as the ultimate examples of good sportsmanship.

You can pretend on the outside all you want, but we see through you and your antecedents are well documented!!!!!!!!!!!

Bloody irritable bastards!!!!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FBS: 8:10am On Feb 27, 2013
Against proper teams the so called wpoty no fit score. tongue
More importantly, Di Maria stretched puyol like a medium sized rubber. cheesy What a pity.

Va vraa vroom Varane.

AC to round it up with a nice Italian job.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 8:11am On Feb 27, 2013
Yeah they have a higher possibility of beating us in the league match now. Our confidence is at an all time low. We cant even seem to get going now. But el classico is el classico, form counts for nothing.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by nitlad: 8:13am On Feb 27, 2013
Johnpaul88: I feel you. The atmosphere would have been very awesome there because right where i was watching the match , the fans never gave up on the team even when we were 3 nil down. They kept on shouting and cheering the team on.
Don't worry next time you visit, we 'll have a very big win.
By cheering the team on, you mean chanting "All Portuguese are motherfukcers" or "whor3 Madrid"?? undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (6227) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: losprince(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.