Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,360 members, 7,860,965 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:58 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (231) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4668963 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) ... (6231) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 3:00pm On Nov 11, 2013
logica: I don't think anyone noticed how poor that Betis pitch was; clumps of uprooted grass and soil/sand. That affected the play of several players and most affected were Puyol and Tello. The backpass from Puyol that almost resulted in a goal for Betis for instance was slowed by the pitch. He forgot he wasn't on a slick pitch (with reduced friction and a faster ball). But yeah, Puyol is not in (and actually past) his best form.
The pitch was also heavily watered before the start of the match to disrupt the play. That was why much of our balls were long ones and up as well...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 3:24pm On Nov 11, 2013
barack_o_handso: cheesy Lol. Song conceeds too many free kicks with his weight, unlike busquests, he had a good game though no doubt. He was instrumental in the first goal with his pass to fabregas.

My man of the match: VALDES, for keeping us in the game with his world class saves at 0-0 when Betis' forwards were getting the better of bartra and montoya.

Get well soon MESSI, we need your goals

More than a club.

Batra and Montoya were both awesome in the game. so Glad to see the both of them improving their game with the few opportunities given them. They owned their targets... Goes to show clear glimpses of a promising future ahead.

Song bossed the midfield. Still look forward to seeing him do a double pivot in midfield alongside Busi.
I think with the game yesterday, LA Pulga just lost his last chance to impress the voters for the Balon(not like it matters tho). With Penaldo's triple strikes over the weekend, the odds are against our man making it 5 in a row. Shame! Its a sure one for Ribery this time. Man deserves it!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 3:27pm On Nov 11, 2013
6-8 weeks? Worst footballing news I ve heard in over a year. I say again officially we're fvcked! We've lost our extra man. He was always our 2-in-1 man. I wish neymar luck, it's time to fill in those shoes. Get well soon messi.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 3:34pm On Nov 11, 2013
Thank God january is close. Let's buy a good big striker and a very strong defender. Or let them keep telling us puyol is our new signing, then we will go trophyless.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 3:46pm On Nov 11, 2013
Chai! 6-8weeks! cry sha! His injury might help us on a long term! In the sense that, the players would learn how to play without him!
And he'll get a lot of rest before the main period of the season!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 5:04pm On Nov 11, 2013
Damn! I knew all the world tour and exhibition matches he played during the break will eventually take a toll on him. Going to Senegal, Asia and the likes just to satisfy people at the detriment of his health. Get well soon.

Wow! 8 weeks Well technically it's 7 sha as this week is for international friendlies. It's a good thing we have Neymar already, I believe he'll step up and the Sanchez, fabregas and pedro will take up the responsibilities. As much as this is a big blow, it's time for us to show that we can actually do without MESSI.

I'm still backing him for the Ballon D'or though.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 5:18pm On Nov 11, 2013
Beckenbauer: Messi is the world's best
player

http://m.goal.com/x/en-gb/news/4399791

Hmmn…if the legend of a club that demolished us last season could say this, what more can you ask for?

Team MESSI for 5th Ballon D'or.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 6:45pm On Nov 11, 2013
barack_o_handso: Damn! I knew all the world tour and exhibition matches he played during the break will eventually take a toll on him. Going to Senegal, Asia and the likes just to satisfy people at the detriment of his health. Get well soon.

Wow! 8 weeks Well technically it's 7 sha as this week is for international friendlies. It's a good thing we have Neymar already, I believe he'll step up and the Sanchez, fabregas and pedro will take up the responsibilities. As much as this is a big blow, it's time for us to show that we can actually do without MESSI.

I'm still backing him for the Ballon D'or though.

your backing is not useful when you have the backing of BABA BLATTER.

tsheeeeeeew
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 7:42pm On Nov 11, 2013
usbcable:

your backing is not useful when you have the backing of BABA BLATTER.

tsheeeeeeew

Funny that we still have people beefing king Messi after 4 Ballon D'ors. SMH
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 7:59pm On Nov 11, 2013
You guys Should Forget About Messi....Just put him in your prayers...........2013 is a year of Woes,but yet a blessing in disguise.....
I found this joke somewhere in Nairaland...Ah just dae laugh since i read am for Morning....
A man went into a Pharmacist shop,bought a pack of co.n.dom from the Person{owner} and started laughing weirdly as he left...The man started wondering why buying a Cd pack warrants such laughs...nothing..He shruggs it off...
The next day,the same person came and bought a pack of co.n.doms,and as he was leaving,he started laughing weirdly again to the bewilderment of the Chemist man again....
The next time being the third time,the same man came again,and after buying the Co.n.dom and laughing as he left,the chemist man told his salesgirl to follow the man and know Where he goes with the Cd that makes him laugh like that....
Few hours later,the sales girl came back..
The Man:What did you find out?
Salesgirl: i did as u said..
The Man:Where did he go to with the C.o.ndoms he bought?..
Salesgirl:To Your house sir!!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 8:06pm On Nov 11, 2013
philfearon: You guys Should Forget About Messi....Just put him in your prayers...........2013 is a year of Woes,but yet a blessing in disguise.....
I found this joke somewhere in Nairaland...Ah just dae laugh since i read am for Morning....
A man went into a Pharmacist shop,bought a pack of co.n.dom from the Person{owner} and started laughing weirdly as he left...The man started wondering why buying a Cd pack warrants such laughs...nothing..He shruggs it off...
The next day,the same person came and bought a pack of co.n.doms,and as he was leaving,he started laughing weirdly again to the bewilderment of the Chemist man again....
The next time being the third time,the same man came again,and after buying the Co.n.dom and laughing as he left,the chemist man told his salesgirl to follow the man and know Where he goes with the Cd that makes him laugh like that....
Few hours later,the sales girl came back..
The Man:What did you find out?
Salesgirl: i did as u said..
The Man:Where did he go to with the C.o.ndoms he bought?..
Salesgirl:To Your house sir!!
Chai! Na die be that... Either the Chemist wife or daughter... Fullest blast!!!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 8:21pm On Nov 11, 2013
Too bad i spend less time online now.

Couldn't watch the match (nepa and late night thing), but got the news about Messi, painful but better for us in the long run, i believe when he comes back, we're going to enjoy him more.\

As for our attack without him, i believe we'll do just fine, not the first time we'd be without him for months, the previous time, we survived his absence, i believe we can survive this too.

What about the goal keeper thing, are we still getting that German keeper by January?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by yourangel: 2:10am On Nov 12, 2013
Diego Simeone (coach Atletico Madrid): "I would give the Ballon d'Or to Messi, no doubt about that." [cope]

It's not impossible for Messi to still win the Ballon. Injured or not, Messi is still the best player in the world. Diego Simeone has spoken my mind already ^^^^.

Ask the National Team Coach/Captain of any South American Team, who the best player in the world is? The response would be an emphatic 'Messi'. He caused all the teams in CONMEBOL troubles in the WC qualifiers and got Argentina to the top of the world's most difficult WC qualifying group (South America).

CR couldn't win Liga or CDR. The worst is that he couldn't qualify Portugal ahead of Russia. Now, all his fangirls are jubilating because of Messi's injury boasting that CR has already won the 2013 Ballon d'Or.

National Team Coaches and Captains in Asia, Africa and South America would vote for Messi. Those in Europe would split their votes between Ribery, Messi, CR and Zlatan. Overall, Messi would bring a fifth Ballon back to the Nou Camp 'make we for wash am'. This time he would even get a lot of sympathy votes cheesy. Na so we want make e be kiss

Get well soon La Pulga! We love you and want you to come back stronger and better.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 7:30am On Nov 12, 2013
For me, i have put my mind away from a possible fifth Ballon d'oro for Messi. All that bothers me is that he comes back as scheduled and that he assists the team in those difficult & tight fixtures of january when the team will be playing every 3 days until UCL resumes in mid february. And that he doesn't suffer a recurrence any more.

For the Ballon d' oro, frankly speaking, it'll be refreshing to see another winner emerge this time around. It's becoming too predictable & may have lost some of its glamour if one person continues to win. Don't get me wrong, but Messi can still win a fifth in the future if he comes back stronger & i'll be very happy.

Other players may have also deserved to win and this Messi recurring injury problems should present a convinient time to reward them. Messi can thereafter reclaim his rightful place in the future.

Ibrahimovic, Penaldo & Ribery have all given a good account of themselves and one of them should win. My personal preference is Ibrahimovic. Penaldo did not win anything and Ribery is not that flashy, perhaps not even the best player in Bayern squad.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 8:06am On Nov 12, 2013
Johnpaul88: For me, i have put my mind away from a possible fifth Ballon d'oro for Messi. All that bothers me is that he comes back as scheduled and that he assists the team in those difficult & tight fixtures of january when the team will be playing every 3 days until UCL resumes in mid february. And that he doesn't suffer a recurrence any more.

For the Ballon d' oro, frankly speaking, it'll be refreshing to see another winner emerge this time around. It's becoming too predictable & may have lost some of its glamour if one person continues to win. Don't get me wrong, but Messi can still win a fifth in the future if he comes back stronger & i'll be very happy.

Other players may have also deserved to win and this Messi recurring injury problems should present a convinient time to reward them. Messi can thereafter reclaim his rightful place in the future.

Ibrahimovic, Penaldo & Ribery have all given a good account of themselves and one of them should win. My personal preference is Ibrahimovic. Penaldo did not win anything and Ribery is not that flashy, perhaps not even the best player in Bayern squad.

You're right you know, I get you. The only people who aren't bored with Messi's continuous Ballon D'or win are Barca and Argentina national team fans but at the same time you can't take it away from him. He played lesser games than all of his rivals last season but still scored the most goals. It's not his fault that he's that good.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 8:36am On Nov 12, 2013
barack_o_handso: Beckenbauer: Messi is the world's best
player
End of...The Kaiser has spoken...and he didn't even mention Ribery. No sentiments. That's what great players/coaches are made of, and he was both.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by pickabeau1: 8:38am On Nov 12, 2013
He is the best,, but the stress of the last few years is telling on EL Pulga The Lion King...

He will still get more ballons...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 12, 2013
barack_o_handso:

You're right you know, I get you. The only people who aren't bored with Messi's continuous Ballon D'or win are Barca and Argentina national team fans but at the same time you can't take it away from him. He played lesser games than all of his rivals last season but still scored the most goals. It's not his fault that he's that good.
Never said i'll be happy if Messi doesn't win. I'm just trying to have us lower expectations. Of course if Messi wins, we fans will have more bragging right than others. In event that he doesn't win, doesn't make any of those that could win, any better than him. It would be that they won solely because Messi had an injury- ridden year. On a balance of events, no one stands a chance to take replace Messi just yet.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 10:27am On Nov 12, 2013
Johnpaul88: Never said i'll be happy if Messi doesn't win. I'm just trying to have us lower expectations. Of course if Messi wins, we fans will have more bragging right than others. In event that he doesn't win, doesn't make any of those that could win, any better than him. It would be that they won solely because Messi had an injury- ridden year. On a balance of events, no one stands a chance to take replace Messi just yet.

Recall the year Pensford(Penaldo) won it? Messi was injured for a large part of the year in review. This might be someone else' year. I root for Ribery.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 11:12am On Nov 12, 2013
Football won't be quite the same for me I confess. I won't watch messi for 2 months! Sad. I could imagine how many fans buy tickets at the nou camp just to watch messi play. Watching barca and messi every sunday nite makes my weekends.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 11:25am On Nov 12, 2013
Mcleo007:

Recall the year Pensford(Penaldo) won it? Messi was injured for a large part of the year in review. This might be someone else' year. I root for Ribery.

Since this one is for last season's. Performance, Messi's still the favourite. When cr7 won it, Messi was injured during the season proper, not the season after.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by yourangel: 1:07pm On Nov 12, 2013
Johnpaul88: For me, i have put my mind away from a possible fifth Ballon d'oro for Messi. All that bothers me is that he comes back as scheduled and that he assists the team in those difficult & tight fixtures of january when the team will be playing every 3 days until UCL resumes in mid february. And that he doesn't suffer a recurrence any more.

Brother Paul (abi na brother John....lol), the truth is that Messi already paid his dues before he got severely injured. Before now, he already won us the Liga, kept us in the CL to the semi-finals and qualified Argentina for the WC. His injury of last weekend has nothing to do with what he's achieved this year. He's done enough to be a worthy recipient of the award. You can't just 'reward' others because the contest should be interesting. Messi has clearly been the best player in the world in the last five years (it's only messi haters that disagree with this obvious fact). What has Ibrahimovic done this year that Messi hasn't done? Ribery, CR and Ibra could not automatically qualify their respective national teams for the WC. All three will have to go through play-offs to qualify. Messi already did that for Argentina. Ribery won the treble with Bayern, but was he their best player? No. They won as a great team with no particular individual as the team's shining star as in Messi, CR and Ibra in their respective teams.

I agree completely with you that others also deserve the award. However, Messi still deserves it as well. I would gladly accept whoever wins it this year, but I would be happier if Leo comes home with it cheesy. Cheers bro!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 2:20pm On Nov 12, 2013
yourangel:

Brother Paul (abi na brother John....lol), the truth is that Messi already paid his dues before he got severely injured. Before now, he already won us the Liga, kept us in the CL to the semi-finals and qualified Argentina for the WC. His injury of last weekend has nothing to do with what he's achieved this year. He's done enough to be a worthy recipient of the award. You can't just 'reward' others because the contest should be interesting. Messi has clearly been the best player in the world in the last five years (it's only messi haters that disagree with this obvious fact). What has Ibrahimovic done this year that Messi hasn't done? Ribery, CR and Ibra could not automatically qualify their respective national teams for the WC. All three will have to go through play-offs to qualify. Messi already did that for Argentina. Ribery won the treble with Bayern, but was he their best player? No. They won as a great team with no particular individual as the team's shining star as in Messi, CR and Ibra in their respective teams.

I agree completely with you that others also deserve the award. However, Messi still deserves it as well. I would gladly accept whoever wins it this year, but I would be happier if Leo comes home with it cheesy. Cheers bro!
Well said...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 3:01pm On Nov 12, 2013
barack_o_handso:

Since this one is for last season's. Performance, Messi's still the favourite. When cr7 won it, Messi was injured during the season proper, not the season after.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 3:02pm On Nov 12, 2013
barack_o_handso:

Nah! The Award is for the Year 2013,starting from 14th January!...
This Year alone,Messi has missed complete 3months of football compared to peepz like Ronaldo,Ribery and IbrahimMovic,but When you look at that their stats,you will be like: "ah ah,what the heck were this dudes doing while the oga at the top was injured?"
A genius said, "What will people say when Messi with all his goals,his team sits third in la liga,he couldnt win anything trophy in the year 2013,he couldnt qualify his country for the world cup straight away ?"...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by yourangel: 3:06pm On Nov 12, 2013
This is heart-warming news: According to Barcelona's medical staff, Messi's injury is not a relapse and the tear is in a zone that recovers the easiest. #fcblive [ole]

Leo, please take your time and recover well. If possible, use this rest period to give your beautiful Antonia another 9-month assignment. Thiago don reach to get younger sister or brother. After all, our Captain, Puyol has taught us that it's possible to announce that your girl friend is pregnant whilst recovering from injury....lol.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 3:55pm On Nov 12, 2013
ddippset: Football won't be quite the same for me I confess. I won't watch messi for 2 months! Sad. I could imagine how many fans buy tickets at the nou camp just to watch messi play. Watching barca and messi every sunday nite makes my weekends.
Neymar will fill in.

By the way, what's the name of that Real Betis olosi that collided with Messi on Sunday? E no go beta for you ooo
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 4:08pm On Nov 12, 2013
philfearon:
Nah! The Award is for the Year 2013 ,starting from 14th January!...
This Year alone,Messi has missed complete 3months of football compared to peepz like Ronaldo,Ribery and IbrahimMovic,but When you look at that their stats,you will be like: "ah ah,what the heck were this dudes doing while the oga at the top was injured?"
A genius said, "What will people say when Messi with all his goals,his team sits third in la liga,he couldnt win anything trophy in the year 2013,he couldnt qualify his country for the world cup straight away ?"...

Yeah but you must also know that 2013 was a part of last season too, and you echoed my thoughts too. He did exceptionally and scored the most goals when he was clearly not in full fitness, his closest competitor for me is the same who has always been: CR7 and he scored lesser goals and won no major trophy last season as well as not having automatically qualified his country for the world cup.

Form is temporary while class is permanent.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 4:15pm On Nov 12, 2013
ddippset: Football won't be quite the same for me I confess. I won't watch messi for 2 months! Sad. I could imagine how many fans buy tickets at the nou camp just to watch messi play. Watching barca and messi every sunday nite makes my weekends.

No be only you oh. The greatest footballer of this generation missing in action for two whole months? Ah! If e no be Messi e no fit be like king MESSI.

I'll gladly take average performance plus three points till he returns sha.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 10:33pm On Nov 12, 2013
[color=#550000][/color]
yourangel:

I don't care whoever gets the award as long as it's not Ronaldo! Ronaldo getting it would make him and his fans think he is better when it's obvious he's always second best. If Messi does'nt get it then giv it to Mikel....lol ...rather than CR7. Quick recovery king of world football!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 11:13pm On Nov 12, 2013
Lionel Messi - As many of you know, over the next few weeks I will be working full-time on the recovery of this new injury, for me it is a pity not to play with my team right now... Now the most important is to be recovered well for helping my teammates and for giving back all the support you've given to me in the best way I know how to do, playing football. Thank you for your messages!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:31pm On Nov 12, 2013
^^^
Thank you Messi. We're with you!

(1) (2) (3) ... (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) ... (6231) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.