Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,353 members, 7,860,925 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:05 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (233) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4668876 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (6231) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 8:34pm On Nov 14, 2013
barack_o_handso: ,

I was being sarcastic actually but notwithstanding his comments sounded more like a plea than pointing out facts. It sounded like 'Aren't you people tired of Messi and Ronaldo'? Vote for me na, if not for anything, for the fact that I'm French. . If he wins it, no qualms, at least at 30years of age, it's probably his only shot at it.

But as a football fan, you can't possibly tell me that ribery is better than messi and ronaldo.
Life talk!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by A40(m): 9:06pm On Nov 14, 2013
Johnpaul88: In another note, I stumbled over this article and i thought i should share it.
In as much as i hate the contents, I found some of the opinions there intriguing and difficult to shallow. But they do look like incontrovertible facts, don't they?

Happy reading!

www.the4thofficial.co.uk/2013/11/12/the-end-of-messi-and-barca-is-nigh/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=the-end-of-messi-and-barca-is-nigh
The guy is a sensationalist jare! All this hullaballoo over an injury? Its a good article don't get me wrong but the guy added plenty pepper and salt with maggi sef

I think Messi has just suffered burnout and while its easy to give Pep and his medical team credit its important to remember ninjas like Alcantara,Schweini and Shaqiri are battling injuries at Bayern so its not like he has some kind of magic wand
Some of these analysts just chat the general and obvious things and don't think outside the box! This same analyst was whining about Alcantara's signing now Schweinsteiger is out indefinitely I wonder what he has to say for himself
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by A40(m): 9:16pm On Nov 14, 2013
barack_o_handso: ,

I was being sarcastic actually but notwithstanding his comments sounded more like a plea than pointing out facts. It sounded like 'Aren't you people tired of Messi and Ronaldo'? Vote for me na, if not for anything, for the fact that I'm French. . If he wins it, no qualms, at least at 30years of age, it's probably his only shot at it.

But as a football fan, you can't possibly tell me that ribery is better than messi and ronaldo.
No its not about being tired! Its about staking his claim and he has every right to do so because he has earned it. He ought not to be punished just because he plays for a team that is a team in the real sense of the word
Someone talked about scoring 20 goals as if that's a valid criteria! All the years Zidane and Ronaldinho won WPOTY awards how many goals did they score? You mean to tell me there were not others that scored more goals? Ribery based on last season's exploits is better than Messi and Ronaldo! The award is a yearly one last time I checked
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sapien(m): 9:50pm On Nov 14, 2013
barack_o_handso:

No mind am jare. He sabi play reach CR7 left leg not to talk of Messi? Person wey no score reach 20 goals last season. Ibrahimovic sef sabi pass am yet him no shout. Make he dey happy say dem nominate am sef.
So, football is all about goals now, right? How many goals did Cannavaro score on his way to winning the WPOTY in 2006?
How many goals did Xavi and Iniesta score to be named the best midfield combination of the decade?
How many goals did Zidane or Figo score in their careers?
Moreover, what did Penaldo win last season? Absolutely nothing!
So, who says Ribery doesn't deserve the WPOTY award?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sapien(m): 9:51pm On Nov 14, 2013
barack_o_handso:

No mind am jare. He sabi play reach CR7 left leg not to talk of Messi? Person wey no score reach 20 goals last season. Ibrahimovic sef sabi pass am yet him no shout. Make he dey happy say dem nominate am sef.
So, football is all about goals now, right? How many goals did Cannavaro score on his way to winning the WPOTY in 2006?
How many goals did Xavi and Iniesta score to be named the best midfield combination of the decade?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 9:56pm On Nov 14, 2013
sapien: So, football is all about goals now, right? How many goals did Cannavaro score on his way to winning the WPOTY in 2006?

He does.
Ribery is clearly not the best player in the world, and will never be.
But then, neither was Shevchenko, and neither was Nedved, neither was Cannavaro.

I'm not in support of Messi winning it because it would seem all he has to do is play in Europe to win the award these days. He needs to be motivated to win it.
Ronaldo doesn't deserve it because he won no single individual or team award, and is not going to win any by December. So Ribery should win it, he's already set the tone by winning the Best Player in Europe Award.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 10:09pm On Nov 14, 2013
It will be fair to have ribery, robben and messi in the final shortlist. As for ronaldo, if the ballon dor was for october and november only he should win without a doubt. He succeeded in deceiving the world with his performance over the last 2 months. What about january to september? He doesn't deserve it. A bayern player deserves to win it. Not quite sure between ribery and robben. Popular oppinion shows ribery but personally I go for robben, for their treble winning feat and for dismantling the then greatest team my beloved barcelona like that. Messi also deserves it, for having the best individual season ending may 2013- being the pichichi with 46, the european shoe with 46, top scorer in all competitions with 63, being the first man in history to score CONSECUTIVELY against all 19 league opponents, for qualifying argentina directly for the world cup while ronaldo's portugal and ribery's france still struggle, and for winning 2 trophies- the spanish super cup in september and la liga in may.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by A40(m): 10:43pm On Nov 14, 2013
AjanleKoko:

He does.
Ribery is clearly not the best player in the world, and will never be.
But then, neither was Shevchenko, and neither was Nedved, neither was Cannavaro.

I'm not in support of Messi winning it because it would seem all he has to do is play in Europe to win the award these days. He needs to be motivated to win it.
Ronaldo doesn't deserve it because he won no single individual or team award, and is not going to win any by December. So Ribery should win it, he's already set the tone by winning the Best Player in Europe Award.
So who is? I mean Messi has also won awards in years where he didn't necessarily deserve it. People tend to mistake general achievement for current form and accomplishments! The award is no one's birthright based on last season Ribery was clearly more influential than Messi and Ronaldo
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 11:15pm On Nov 14, 2013
A-40:

The guy is a sensationalist jare! All this hullaballoo over an injury? Its a good article don't get me wrong but the guy added plenty pepper and salt with maggi sef

I think Messi has just suffered burnout and while its easy to give Pep and his medical team credit its important to remember ninjas like Alcantara,Schweini and Shaqiri are battling injuries at Bayern so its not like he has some kind of magic wand
Some of these analysts just chat the general and obvious things and don't think outside the box! This same analyst was whining about Alcantara's signing now Schweinsteiger is out indefinitely I wonder what he has to say for himself
Ahan! Na A-40 dey write this piece? I'm highly impressed! I love your objectivity and your sincere and honest comments...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 12:47am On Nov 15, 2013
dmcdad:
Ahan! Na A-40 dey write this piece? I'm highly impressed! I love your objectivity and your sincere and honest comments...
I too am! It's surprising he could be this objective!

As for the award, a Bayern player esp Robben should win it. He was more decisive than Ribery ever was for them last season, scoring most of the crucial goals.
Penaldo? He should go and sit down joor!

As for Messi, he remains the world best player. He'll only be leasing out this award this year. Next year, he retains his inheritance!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by yourangel: 1:25am On Nov 15, 2013
Ribery: I deserve to win Ballon d'Or

The winger shone as Bayern Munich won the treble in May and begun this season in blistering form, and believes his game is now a match for the world's best

Bayern Munich attacker Franck Ribery says he deserves to win this year's Ballon d'Or over fellow front-runners Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.

The Frenchman has shone in 2013 as the Bavarians completed an historic treble and have started the current campaign under new coach Pep Guardiola in blistering form.

Ribery knows he will have a tough time topping Barcelona's Messi and Real Madrid's Ronaldo, but he is confident that his improvements over the past 12 months should earn him the accolade.

"I try not to think about the Ballon d'Or," the 30-year-old told L'Equipe. "But my wife has already prepared the space above the fireplace in the living room.

"I do get a lot of belief from her and all of Bayern. I do not know if I will win, however I think I deserve it.

"Before I was a good player, now I think I'm the best."

Ribery is expected to feature in France's World Cup play-off qualifiers with Ukraine this week, starting with the away leg on Friday.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2557/news/2013/11/14/4407022/ribery-i-deserve-to-win-ballon-dor

I would be happy if he wins. But why is he so desperate? He's not showing class at all. Guy, make you focus on your world cup play-off games for now. This one that your wife has already prepared a place in the parlour to keep the Ballon, please tell her to take it easy lest she gets disappointed big time!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 6:29am On Nov 15, 2013
A-40:

No its not about being tired! Its about staking his claim and he has every right to do so because he has earned it. He ought not to be punished just because he plays for a team that is a team in the real sense of the word
Someone talked about scoring 20 goals as if that's a valid criteria! All the years Zidane and Ronaldinho won WPOTY awards how many goals did they score? You mean to tell me there were not others that scored more goals? Ribery based on last season's exploits is better than Messi and Ronaldo! The award is a yearly one last time I checked

As I said, no qualms is Ribery wins it but I say again, because his team won everything last season doesn't make him better than Messi and Ronaldo. Robben, Suarez, Falcao and Ibrahimovic are more deserving of it than Ribery in my opinion. Bayern were the WOW team, not Ribery the WOW player.

As for the bolded, when zidane and ronaldinho were winning the awards, players don't score 50+ goals per season then, and as much as you might wanna take all round play into consideration, goals also count. At least Messi also won the exact same thing Ribery's is winning now in 2009 and we all know how many goals he scored.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 6:33am On Nov 15, 2013
yourangel: Ribery: I deserve to win Ballon d'Or

The winger shone as Bayern Munich won the treble in May and begun this season in blistering form, and believes his game is now a match for the world's best

Bayern Munich attacker Franck Ribery says he deserves to win this year's Ballon d'Or over fellow front-runners Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.

The Frenchman has shone in 2013 as the Bavarians completed an historic treble and have started the current campaign under new coach Pep Guardiola in blistering form.

Ribery knows he will have a tough time topping Barcelona's Messi and Real Madrid's Ronaldo, but he is confident that his improvements over the past 12 months should earn him the accolade.

"I try not to think about the Ballon d'Or," the 30-year-old told L'Equipe. "But my wife has already prepared the space above the fireplace in the living room.

"I do get a lot of belief from her and all of Bayern. I do not know if I will win, however I think I deserve it.

Ribery is expected to feature in France's World Cup play-off qualifiers with Ukraine this week, starting with the away leg on Friday.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2557/news/2013/11/14/4407022/ribery-i-deserve-to-win-ballon-dor

I would be happy if he wins. But why is he so desperate? He's not showing class at all. Guy, make you focus on your world cup play-off games for now. This one that your wife has already prepared a place in the parlour to keep the Ballon, please tell her to take it easy lest she gets disappointed big time!

Exactly! If he really deserves it, he doesn't have to go on whining about it. People's votes are actually gonna win it for him. Messi has never for once come out in public to talk about his achievement so as to win any award.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 7:21am On Nov 15, 2013
Ribery's desperation is becoming embaressing! I think Bayern fans will be ashamed of him. I have doubts that he 'll win it though. The national team captains & coaches who votes ,doesn't really care about who won what or who deserved what! It's all about popularity and name. Messi & Penaldo will always be on their mind. I guess it's only journalist that cares about those stats but unfortunately for Ribery, they are quite few compared to other voters! So Mr Ribery may have his work cut out on this one. This is not the one he won in Monaco, where all the voters are journalist who knows the stats.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by A40(m): 8:14am On Nov 15, 2013
yourangel: Ribery: I deserve to win Ballon d'Or

Come on man were Ribery's quotes dated? This could have been 2-3 months ago

Johnpaul88: I too am! It's surprising he could be this objective!

As for the award, a Bayern player esp Robben should win it. He was more decisive than Ribery ever was for them last season, scoring most of the crucial goals.
Penaldo? He should go and sit down joor!

As for Messi, he remains the world best player. He'll only be leasing out this award this year. Next year, he retains his inheritance!
Robben? Don't get me wrong Robben did help us when it mattered most but up till Kroos's injury in the quarter-final last season he wasn't even a starter. Thomas Muller was more important for Bayern than Robben! Highlights would show Robben scored the winner but Ribery did set up the assist and also provided a key pass for the first goal
We are not even taking into consideration his hardwork on the left on the defensive side as well
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by A40(m): 8:53am On Nov 15, 2013
Johnpaul88: Ribery's desperation is becoming embaressing! I think Bayern fans will be ashamed of him. I have doubts that he 'll win it though. The national team captains & coaches who votes ,doesn't really care about who won what or who deserved what! It's all about popularity and name. Messi & Penaldo will always be on their mind. I guess it's only journalist that cares about those stats but unfortunately for Ribery, they are quite few compared to other voters! So Mr Ribery may have his work cut out on this one. This is not the one he won in Monaco, where all the voters are journalist who knows the stats.
Bayern fans are not ashamed of him! We know this Balon D'Or thing is really a popularity contest the more reason he has to keep throwing his name out there. It was the same thing that was done for the European awards and it worked wonders! Ribery had 39 votes out of 56
He should fold his arms and get cheated of an award he rightfully deserves? I think not! The sheer number of players from Bayern clearly show everyone is aware of the team's accomplishments. Let Ribery campaign as he sees fit! He's earned it

barack_o_handso:

As I said, no qualms is Ribery wins it but I say again, because his team won everything last season doesn't make him better than Messi and Ronaldo. Robben, Suarez, Falcao and Ibrahimovic are more deserving of it than Ribery in my opinion. Bayern were the WOW team, not Ribery the WOW player.

As for the bolded, when zidane and ronaldinho were winning the awards, players don't score 50+ goals per season then, and as much as you might wanna take all round play into consideration, goals also count. At least Messi also won the exact same thing Ribery's is winning now in 2009 and we all know how many goals he scored.
He created more goals than all those players you listed above including Messi that has to count for something
Last season all Bayern fans know that along with Schweini and Lahm Franck Ribery na our brainbox without him we always seemed to struggle! So far this season he has also been a beast. It is not Ribery's fault that he plays in a very balanced team were the goalscoring load is evenly distributed!

Already this season at Bayern
Mandzukic: 10 goals
Muller: 10 goals
Ribery: 9 goals 7 assists

Ribery's game does not revolve around goals so judging him solely by goals is missing the point check out his dribbles, creativity,his ability to influence the game! The distance he covers (go and check it aya e a ja) and how hard he works for his team

Scoring 50 goals does not make you the best player in the world especially when you realize most of those goals are against hapless teams that have given up the fight! 1 more goal from Ronaldo against Dortmund would have been more important than 5 against Rayo Vallecano last season! You can't be the best when you didn't show up when it mattered most. Zidane and Ronaldinho won WPOTY and didn't score half as many goals as Henry! Zidane barely won the league and Ronaldinho did not even win a spoon so what are we talking about here?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by A40(m): 8:59am On Nov 15, 2013
Johnpaul88: Ribery's desperation is becoming embaressing! I think Bayern fans will be ashamed of him. I have doubts that he 'll win it though. The national team captains & coaches who votes ,doesn't really care about who won what or who deserved what! It's all about popularity and name. Messi & Penaldo will always be on their mind. I guess it's only journalist that cares about those stats but unfortunately for Ribery, they are quite few compared to other voters! So Mr Ribery may have his work cut out on this one. This is not the one he won in Monaco, where all the voters are journalist who knows the stats.
Bayern fans are not ashamed of him! We know this Balon D'Or thing is really a popularity contest the more reason he has to keep throwing his name out there. It was the same thing that was done for the European awards and it worked wonders! Ribery had 39 votes out of 56
He should fold his arms and get cheated of an award he rightfully deserves? I think not! The sheer number of players from Bayern clearly show everyone is aware of the team's accomplishments. Let Ribery campaign as he sees fit! He's earned it

barack_o_handso:

He created more goals than all those players you listed above including Messi that has to count for something
Last season all Bayern fans know that along with Schweini and Lahm Franck Ribery na our brainbox without him we always seemed to struggle! So far this season he has also been a beast. It is not Ribery's fault that he plays in a very balanced team were the goalscoring load is evenly distributed!

Ribery's game does not revolve around goals so judging him solely by goals is missing the point check out his dribbles, creativity,his ability to influence the game! The distance he covers (go and check it aya e a ja) and how hard he works for his team

Scoring 50 goals does not make you the best player in the world especially when you realize most of those goals are against hapless teams that have given up the fight! 1 more goal from Ronaldo against Dortmund would have been more important than 5 against Rayo Vallecano last season! You can't be the best when you didn't show up when it mattered most. Zidane and Ronaldinho won WPOTY and didn't score half as many goals as Henry! Zidane barely won the league and Ronaldinho did not even win a spoon so what are we talking about here?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by A40(m): 9:05am On Nov 15, 2013

barack_o_handso:

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 9:37am On Nov 15, 2013
A-40:

We get it. He's good but I can't believe you can just write off players who score 50+ goals simply because most of them were scored against small teams. Ribery also played against small teams you know? He knows his lack of goals might count against him that's why he accusing people in France of inferiority complex, and if zidane and ronaldinho had played in this era, they wouldn't win the ballon d'or. Goals count bro, they do.

NB: He should focus of getting his country to the world cup and indirectly begging for votes. That's what champions do.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 9:45am On Nov 15, 2013
^^^
Lol!

All i know is that Ribery should allow his work to speak for him. Messi never talks about Ballon d' oro and now he's 4! Penaldo & his cohorts have all been drumming support for him all these years, using all means possible including relinquishing his position as national team captain in order to get some extra votes & blackmailing FIFA . But after all said & done, he won nothing!

Ribery's tactics may have worked for him in Monaco, since all the few select journalists are always encouraged to vote the winners of the just concluded European competition, be it Ucl or Euro, for European best award. It's pretty easy!

But when you talk about dealing with over 600 voters for the Ballon d'oro, it's a different ball game! He needs more than mere ranting to win.
MD is even reporting that Neymar is making a serious inroad in the scheme of things in the votes & may yet spring up alotta surprises. Afterall he starred in the confederations Cup & he plays for the highly favoured FC Barcelona!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 10:43am On Nov 15, 2013
Johnpaul88: ^^^
Lol!

All i know is that Ribery should allow his work to speak for him. Messi never talks about Ballon d' oro and now he's 4! Penaldo & his cohorts have all been drumming support for him all these years, using all means possible including relinquishing his position as national team captain in order to get some extra votes & blackmailing FIFA . But after all said & done, he won nothing!

Ribery's tactics may have worked for him in Monaco, since all the few select journalists are always encouraged to vote the winners of the just concluded European competition, be it Ucl or Euro, for European best award. It's pretty easy!

But when you talk about dealing with over 600 voters for the Ballon d'oro, it's a different ball game! He needs more than mere ranting to win.
MD is even reporting that Neymar is making a serious inroad in the scheme of things in the votes & may yet spring up alotta surprises. Afterall he starred in the confederations Cup & he plays for the highly favoured FC Barcelona!

GBAM!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by A40(m): 10:48am On Nov 15, 2013
barack_o_handso:

We get it. He's good but I can't believe you can just write off players who score 50+ goals simply because most of them were scored against small teams. Ribery also played against small teams you know? He knows his lack of goals might count against him that's why he accusing people in France of inferiority complex,
What was the use of the 50+ goals if titles were not won in the end? Ronaldo won none and Messi won one both were nowhere to be found when it mattered most while Ribery shone like a million stars!
Neither Ronaldo nor Messi would score those astronomical number of goals at Bayern because Bayern is multi-dimensional! last season 8 players scored at least 8 goals that simply means they would take fewer shots and invariably their goal tally reduces

Carmelo might average more points than Chris Paul doesn't mean he played better

barack_o_handso:
and if zidane and ronaldinho had played in this era, they wouldn't win the ballon d'or. Goals count bro, they do.

NB: He should focus of getting his country to the world cup and indirectly begging for votes. That's what champions do.
So we can say Gerrard and Lampard are better than Xavi and Iniesta by far! Since they score more goals
Its a pity we are in an era where goals are the only thing that counts! Neither Ronaldo or Messi have influenced a game like a Zidane or Ronaldinho in their prime. Maradona did not score 1million goals a season but we saw his contribution. I'm not moved by hattricks against Celta Vigo,Rayo Vallecano and Spartak Moscow. My question is where was Messi and Ronaldo against Bayern and Dortmund?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by A40(m): 11:00am On Nov 15, 2013
Johnpaul88: ^^^
Lol!

Politics 101: You have to campaign harder than the incumbent ninja when aspiring for a post

For Nigeria PDP do not need to campaign as hard as ACP to retain power same way in Lagos ACN do not need to campaign as hard as PDP

Messi is the darling of the media and general public which is why he has won even in years he didn't deserve it (2010)

Johnpaul88:
Ribery did not resort to any tactics! What tactics could he have resorted to to influence journalists who are not exactly the most cooperative people in the world add that to his harsh face and you have to realize he earned that shii

Johnpaul88:
Neymar would not make the top 3 unless Blatter does some abracadabra and increases the shortlist to 5 which I suspect he is doing already. You would be jonzing on wax if you think Neymar would win the award on the back of a glorified friendly like the Confed Cup
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by nitlad: 11:06am On Nov 15, 2013
Lol. . . A-40 ripping into Messi, Ronaldo and their cöck-sückers!

I still think Ribery is a fück-face though. Plus he ain't winning no FIFA Ballon d'Or! tongue
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:12am On Nov 15, 2013
When Chelsea won the UCL & FA Cup last two seasons, no one considered any of their players for any recognition whatsoever. Why do you think the situation will be any different now that Bayern won? Or did Bayern will another ucl any different from those of Chelsea?

Semi final? Time that mattered most? Every time matters in football because if you relax in the initial stages, you won't have a chance at all at playing in the semi final. So mere playing in the semi final is a success already!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:24am On Nov 15, 2013
Btw i won't be surprised if i see a final list of Neymar, Messi & Penaldo!
Hahahahahahaha
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by einsteine(m): 11:27am On Nov 15, 2013
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by einsteine(m): 11:28am On Nov 15, 2013
Ronaldinho won the WPOTY in 2004: He did not win a single title that year. Barcelona did not even play in the champions league in the first part of the year. Stats mean nothing. Titles means nothing. It is a popularity contest. All hail democracy!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 11:29am On Nov 15, 2013
A-40:

What was the use of the 50+ goals if titles were not won in the end? Ronaldo won none and Messi won one both were nowhere to be found when it mattered most while Ribery shone like a million stars!
Neither Ronaldo nor Messi would score those astronomical number of goals at Bayern because Bayern is multi-dimensional! last season 8 players scored at least 8 goals that simply means they would take fewer shots and invariably their goal tally reduces

So we can say Gerrard and Lampard are better than Xavi and Iniesta by far! Since they score more goals
Its a pity we are in an era where goals are the only thing that counts! Neither Ronaldo or Messi have influenced a game like a Zidane or Ronaldinho in their prime. Maradona did not score 1million goals a season but we saw his contribution. I'm not moved by hattricks against Celta Vigo,Rayo Vallecano and Spartak Moscow. My question is where was Messi and Ronaldo against Bayern and Dortmund?

So your criteria for judging both Messi and Ronaldo's season now lie in a match, just one: the UCL semi finals. I mean, of all the 50+ matches they played, you're judging by just that one? Hmmmn…and you say they don't influence matches much, really? It's like the first time I'm hearing that.

@ bolded, Mario Gomez scored 40+ goals last 2 seasons and got Bayern to the UCL which they unluckily lost to Chelsea, so don't say a Bayern player can't score that much.

And if you wanna have an argument about Lampard/Gerrard being better than Xavi/Iniesta, it won't sound far-fetched cos they're exceptional players, and was there ever an era where goals weren't very important? Imagine zidane playing in this era and influencing games by his 'dominatory skills' while Ronaldo scores 50+ goals, you think zidane will win the ballon d'or? Think twice.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 11:41am On Nov 15, 2013
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 11:42am On Nov 15, 2013

A-40: Politics 101: You have to campaign harder than
the incumbent ninja when aspiring for a post
For Nigeria PDP do not need to campaign as
hard as ACP to retain power same way in Lagos
ACN do not need to campaign as hard as PDP
Messi is the darling of the media and general
public which is why he has won even in years he didn't deserve it (2010)

Good politics analogy. So then, going by your analogy, APC telling Nigerians their achievement over the last few years doesn't and would most likely not make them to win the nation's number 1 seat.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 12:00pm On Nov 15, 2013
A-40:

You are beginning to drive this more than usual... Can i ask you why no Chelsea player was among the Fifa 11? Not to mention the Balon d'oro for last year after they won the Champions league last year...

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (6231) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.