Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,127 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:02 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (237) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4669567 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (6231) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 5:49pm On Nov 17, 2013
'Barca will always depend on Messi' -
Valdes

http://m.goal.com/x/en-ng/news/4403936/

What do you guys think?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 5:59pm On Nov 17, 2013
yourangel: Pele, Maradona, Messi and more: Jimmy Greaves picks his all-time world XI

The England legend certainly prioritised attack when picking his best-ever side

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/pele-maradona-messi-jimmy-greaves-2801770

Someone should please kindly educate me. I saw this Baba's all-time world XI (shown below) and was wondering if Messi also plays as a left-winger? I used to think he (Messi) plays on the right wing and not left. Please tell me if I'm wrong? Thanks!
you're right my brother, but I think he had already given garrinca the right wing. But his soul and conscience told him he had to fix the genius messi in somewhere. Lol. He just couldnt imagine his list being complete without lionel.

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 6:06pm On Nov 17, 2013
mbulela:

Pls confirm this typo.
Thanks.

No be typo.
He would still get a big European club if he wants to leave.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 6:16pm On Nov 17, 2013
yourangel: Pele, Maradona, Messi and more: Jimmy Greaves picks his all-time world XI

The England legend certainly prioritised attack when picking his best-ever side

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/pele-maradona-messi-jimmy-greaves-2801770

Someone should please kindly educate me. I saw this Baba's all-time world XI (shown below) and was wondering if Messi also plays as a left-winger? I used to think he (Messi) plays on the right wing and not left. Please tell me if I'm wrong? Thanks!

You only noticed Messi? Johan Cruyff was a striker (probably the first ever False 9) and Pele was a supporting striker, yet they are put in the mid-field. I guess he's doing it the Barcelona way; flexibility. After all though Cruyff and Pele were strikers, they were decent ball players (to fit in the mid-field). But he completely snubbed great mid-fielders like Lothar Matthäus, Matthias Sammer, Xavi, etc. Only Maradona was a mid-fielder.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Yahoo1(m): 6:26pm On Nov 17, 2013
...waiting for saturday
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 6:36pm On Nov 17, 2013
This piece has really made my day! Enjoy reading..
http://www.whoscored.com/Articles/Z6Fr77iphEyWBojhJ6MGg
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by yourangel: 6:51pm On Nov 17, 2013
barack_o_handso: 'Barca will always depend on Messi' -
Valdes

http://m.goal.com/x/en-ng/news/4403936/

What do you guys think?

I am not an expert in football analysis like most our Cule brothers on this thread. You could describe me as a layman or at best, a football enthusiast. That notwithstanding, I think Valdes is right. If you carefully analyse his words, you would notice that the premise has an underlying caveat; "For me, Barca will always depend on him because he is the best in the world". Barca will always be Messi-dependent as long as Messi continues to play at the top of his game. Once he slows down, that dependence would wane.

Alejandro Sabella, the national team coach of Argentina once opined that it would be impossible in this world for any team to have a player like Messi and not be dependent on him. I don't see any problems in the club being Messi-dependent. The problem is how to take that dependence out of the way if Messi is not playing or having a good game. There should be a plan B or C which would create an environment for other team members to step up their games when Messi is not playing at his best, or not playing at all.

Dependence on a talented individual in a team's setting is a natural phenomenon which occurs whenever you find a rare gem or genius around. Imagine having Albert Einstein on this thread and we are all working together to solve one very complex mathematical problem. Do you think Seun's eyes would be on me? No way! He would focus on Einstein, because he's the genius among the team members. Even we, the remaining members of the team would give him the freedom to take the centre stage, afterall, we are talking about Albert Einstein here. I tell you this bro, Messi is like the Albert Einstein of football. Who wouldn't depend on Einstein to solve his mathematical or classical physics problem for him? So, it's natural for any team to depend on Messi. Barca is not an exception to this.

Meanwhile, if Messi's injury woes persist and he no longer performs at his best, naturally Barca would gradually release him and remove their dependence because he would no longer be deemed reliable and dependable. But, as long as Messi continues to dazzle the world the way he currently does, any team on Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Mercury, etc, would naturally depend on him. This is what I think bro.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 7:20pm On Nov 17, 2013
yourangel:

I am not an expert in football analysis like most our Cule brothers on this thread. You could describe me as a layman or at best, a football enthusiast. That notwithstanding, I think Valdes is right. If you carefully analyse his words, you would notice that the premise has an underlying caveat; "For me, Barca will always depend on him because he is the best in the world". Barca will always be Messi-dependent as long as Messi continues to play at the top of his game. Once he slows down, that dependence would wane.

Alejandro Sabella, the national team coach of Argentina once opined that it would be impossible in this world for any team to have a player like Messi and not be dependent on him. I don't see any problems in the club being Messi-dependent. The problem is how to take that dependence out of the way if Messi is not playing or having a good game. There should be a plan B or C which would create an environment for other team members to step up their games when Messi is not playing at his best, or not playing at all.

Dependence on a talented individual in a team's setting is a natural phenomenon which occurs whenever you find a rare gem or genius around. Imagine having Albert Einstein on this thread and we are all working together to solve one very complex mathematical problem. Do you think Seun's eyes would be on me? No way! He would focus on Einstein, because he's the genius among the team members. Even we, the remaining members of the team would give him the freedom to take the centre stage, afterall, we are talking about Albert Einstein here. I tell you this bro, Messi is like the Albert Einstein of football. Who wouldn't depend on Einstein to solve his mathematical of classical physics problem for him? So, it's natural for any team to depend on Messi. Barca is not an exception to this.

Meanwhile, if Messi's injury woes persist and he no longer performs at his best, naturally Barca would gradually release him and remove their dependence because he would no longer be deemed reliable and dependable. But, as long as Messi continues to dazzle the world the way he currently does, any team on Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Mercury, etc, would natural depend on him. This is what I think bro.
I couldnt have said it better bro!
Having Messi on the field,whether or not he is playing well,is alwaz a +2! His presence alone breeds Terror! And like the commentators will alwaz say,"He is the magician......He is alwaz the magician!"
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by yourangel: 7:39pm On Nov 17, 2013
ddippset: you're right my brother, but I think he had already given garrinca the right wing. But his soul and conscience told him he had to fix the genius messi in somewhere. Lol. He just couldnt imagine his list being complete without lionel.

I'm grateful my brother for kindly responding! One of the guys that commented on the blog was screaming that the baba left the commander (CR7) on the bench.........lol. Thanks again bro!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by yourangel: 7:48pm On Nov 17, 2013
logica:

You only noticed Messi? Johan Cruyff was a striker (probably the first ever False 9) and Pele was a supporting striker, yet they are put in the mid-field. I guess he's doing it the Barcelona way; flexibility. After all though Cruyff and Pele were strikers, they were decent ball players (to fit in the mid-field). But he completely snubbed great mid-fielders like Lothar Matthäus, Matthias Sammer, Xavi, etc. Only Maradona was a mid-fielder.

Thanks my brother! Yeah, I only noticed Messi's position for obvious reasons....lol cheesy cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by yourangel: 7:59pm On Nov 17, 2013
philfearon:
I couldnt have said it better bro!
Having Messi on the field,whether or not he is playing well,is alwaz a +2! His presence alone breeds Terror! And like the commentators will alwaz say,"He is the magician......He is alwaz the magician!"

Thanks my brother for having a read through my epistle..lol cheesy cheesy (The epistle according to Yourangel) lol. cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 8:39pm On Nov 17, 2013
yourangel:

Thanks my brother for having a read through my epistle..lol cheesy cheesy (The epistle according to Yourangel) lol. cheesy
Funny man!!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 9:45pm On Nov 17, 2013
[color=#550000][/color]
yourangel:

I am not an expert in football analysis like most our Cule brothers on this thread. You could describe me as a layman or at best, a football enthusiast. That notwithstanding, I think Valdes is right. If you carefully analyse his words, you would notice that the premise has an underlying caveat; "For me, Barca will always depend on him because he is the best in the world". Barca will always be Messi-dependent as long

as Messi continues to play at the top of his game. Once he slows down, that dependence would wane.

Dependence on a talented individual in a team's setting is a natural phenomenon which occurs whenever you find a rare gem or genius around. Imagine having Albert Einstein on this thread and we are all working together to solve one very complex mathematical problem. Do you think Seun's eyes would be on me? No way! He would focus on Einstein, because he's the genius among the team members. Even we, the remaining members of the team would give him the freedom to take the centre stage, afterall, we are talking about Albert Einstein here. I tell you this bro, Messi is like the Albert Einstein of football. Who wouldn't depend on Einstein to solve his mathematical or classical physics problem for him? So, it's natural for any team to depend on Messi. Barca is not an exception to this.

Meanwhile, if Messi's injury woes persist and he no longer performs at his best, naturally Barca would gradually release him and remove their dependence because he would no longer be deemed reliable and dependable. But, as long as Messi continues to dazzle the world the way he currently does, any team on Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Mercury, etc, would naturally depend on him. This is what I think bro.
Bro you got it allright! No team in the world would have Messi and would not depend on him.
Even the so called assumed 'alliens' that came to watch Bayern match the other day would depend on king Leo if he plays for them...lol
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 10:03pm On Nov 17, 2013
yourangel:

You got it man, you really got it. Most great teams naturally depend or at least have one stand out player.

The media just make it sound as if FC Barcelona will be doomed if Messi's not there. Though the team (any team that is) won't be the same without him, but before messi was ronaldinho, figo, rivaldo, ronaldo et al.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 12:04pm On Nov 18, 2013
In other news…

Blatter was disrespectful to Ronaldo,
says Pedro
[ http://m.goal.com/x/en-ng/news/4415047 ]

Xavi: Messi faces a fight for Ballon d'Or [ http://m.goal.com/x/en-ng/news/4415080 ]
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by yourangel: 12:06pm On Nov 18, 2013
This news about Jordi Alba is heart-warming:

Left back Jordi Alba, who is recovering from a thigh muscle injury since September, will join the group on training this week. #fcblive [as]

Xavi: "If I'd be captain, I'd vote Messi-Ribery-Cristiano for Ballon d'Or. Messi is the best in the world. For 2013, you can discuss."

Xavi: "Having won 4 consecutive Ballons d'Or could work against Messi. Maybe voters say: he already won four, it's time for someone else."

Del Bosque (coach ESP): "For the Ballon d'Or, I've voted for the two Spaniards - Xavi and Iniesta - and for another player..." [cope]
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 1:59pm On Nov 18, 2013
yourangel: This news about Jordi Alba is heart-warming:

Left back Jordi Alba, who is recovering from a thigh muscle injury since September, will join the group on training this week. #fcblive [as]

Xavi: "If I'd be captain, I'd vote Messi-Ribery-Cristiano for Ballon d'Or. Messi is the best in the world. For 2013, you can discuss."

Xavi: "Having won 4 consecutive Ballons d'Or could work against Messi. Maybe voters say: he already won four, it's time for someone else."

Del Bosque (coach ESP): "For the Ballon d'Or, I've voted for the two Spaniards - Xavi and Iniesta - and for another player..." [cope]
but how could del bosque vote for xavi and iniesta? I thought since he's spanish he is not supposed to vote for any spanish player.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by yourangel: 2:19pm On Nov 18, 2013
ddippset: but how could del bosque vote for xavi and iniesta? I thought since he's spanish he is not supposed to vote for any spanish player.

Brother, me I dey watch shocked shocked Del Bosque o!...lol. Actually, there's no FIFA's law which forbids him or other voters from voting for their own players. You can vote for anyone you feel like voting for. Even CR7 indirectly votes for himself every year by relinquishing his Portuguese national team captaincy to another team member at this time of the year, so that they would vote for him. Once the voting is over, he becomes the national team captain of Portugal again...lol. Let's watch and see shocked shocked if he does the same this year too...lol.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 3:46pm On Nov 18, 2013
yourangel:

Brother, me I dey watch shocked shocked Del Bosque o!...lol. Actually, there's no FIFA's law which forbids him or other voters from voting for their own players. You can vote for anyone you feel like voting for. Even CR7 indirectly votes for himself every year by relinquishing his Portuguese national team captaincy to another team member at this time of the year, so that they would vote for him. Once the voting is over, he becomes the national team captain of Portugal again...lol. Let's watch and see shocked shocked if he does the same this year too...lol.
hahahahahahahahaha. R u for real? Ronaldo get sense o!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by yourangel: 4:12pm On Nov 18, 2013
ddippset: hahahahahahahahaha. R u for real? Ronaldo get sense o!

I'm for real bro! The last time Cristiano voted was in 2010 when it was obvious he was not in the contest at all. That year, he voted for Xavi, Casillas and Sneijder. Thereafter, he's been relinguishing his captaincy to his national teammates so as to get votes from them. This might be one of the reasons 'he's not loved by FIFA and other voters' as alleged. That's like cheating in broad daylight whilst the whole world is watching you. See the proves below by checking all the votes for Portugal:

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by yourangel: 4:16pm On Nov 18, 2013
Meanwhile, the 'good boy', Messi doesn't cheat; so, why wouldn't Blatter and 'every father want to have him as a son'?..lol

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 7:06pm On Nov 18, 2013
ddippset: hahahahahahahahaha. R u for real? Ronaldo get sense o!
Of course he is right... Ronaldo too dey obsessed with Balon d'Or jare...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 7:21pm On Nov 18, 2013
dmcdad:
Of course he is right... Ronaldo too dey obsessed with Balon d'Or jare...
He has Bruno Alves to do his bidding
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 8:28pm On Nov 18, 2013
[color=#550000][/color]
philfearon: This piece has really made my day! Enjoy reading..
http://www.whoscored.com/Articles/Z6Fr77iphEyWBojhJ6MGg
Nice write up. It's so intresting seeing Batra taking his rightful position in the team. If he continues with his form, I don't see anything stoping him from going to the world cup come next year!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 8:48pm On Nov 18, 2013
sebod: [color=#550000][/color]
Nice write up. It's so intresting seeing Batra taking his rightful position in the team. If he continues with his form, I don't see anything stoping him from going to the world cup come next year!

As much as i'll love for that to happen, I still think the world cup is too soon for him. There are so many people on spain's waiting list. Let him focus on barca for now.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 9:21pm On Nov 18, 2013
barack_o_handso:

As much as i'll love for that to happen, I still think the world cup is too soon for him. There are so many people on spain's waiting list. Let him focus on barca for now.
abi?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 9:56am On Nov 19, 2013
Barcelona are
considering a shock January swoop for
Fulham striker Dimitar Berbatov

shocked
www.championsleague.ca/2013/11/18/ex-manchester-united-star-targeted-as-messi-replacement-fc-barcelona-news-10992-8457

Someone please tell me this is just a rumor.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 10:29am On Nov 19, 2013
barack_o_handso: Barcelona are

shocked
www.championsleague.ca/2013/11/18/ex-manchester-united-star-targeted-as-messi-replacement-fc-barcelona-news-10992-8457

Saw it yesterday too... I can't tell if its a rumour or not, buh I know he's just one of many players on the list. So, it ain't as if he were the lone player Barca are thinking of making a move for.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 12:14pm On Nov 19, 2013
dmcdad:
Saw it yesterday too... I can't tell if its a rumour or not, buh I know he's just one of many players on the list. So, it ain't as if he were the lone player Barca are thinking of making a move for.

Yeah but of all the players in the world, why him?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 12:26pm On Nov 19, 2013
barack_o_handso: Barcelona are

shocked

Which website is this? You don't believe everything you read online, do you?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 12:50pm On Nov 19, 2013
logica: Which website is this? You don't believe everything you read online, do you?

No not really but you can make sense out of nonsense sometimes, the site has the lewandowski news sometime ago, which was true. I'd so prefer him to berbatov.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 2:50pm On Nov 19, 2013
barack_o_handso:

No not really but you can make sense out of nonsense sometimes, the site has the lewandowski news sometime ago, which was true. I'd so prefer him to berbatov.
I've read a couple of factual stories from that site...

As a matter of fact, I've read the same news at "Sport", the Catalan newspaper.

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (6231) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.