Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,353 members, 7,860,934 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:17 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (238) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4668901 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (6231) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 3:12pm On Nov 19, 2013
Xavi suffered a muscle strain on Tuesday and is in doubt to face Granada. Let's hope he recovers well before then, else we would have to make do with Iniesta-Gas. Thank God the latter is back to training with the group.

Tello also had an injury and is in doubt for Saturday's clash... Nothing to worry about this guy sha. E no first sure for you...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 8:19pm On Nov 19, 2013
Thiago silva has declared that he voted for messi for ballon dor. Let's hope that he wins so that those stvpid, id1otic literate illiterates will come out and start shouting fifa, fifa, uefa, caf, even nff join. If you know you ever shouted fifa, fifa after messi won any of his 4 ballon d'ors you've gotta be the 1diot iam talking about.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 12:42am On Nov 20, 2013
I hear Valdes sustained a calf injury in 35 mins stint he played in Spain's 1 nil lost to South Africa and that he could be out for between 3 - 6 weeks depending on the outcome of tests tomorrow!

That's really another big blow following Messi's injury & as it stands now, alot of Barca players are suffering from one injury to another. Xavi & Tello are already ruled out for our league game on Saturday against Granada for Muscle overburdening & ankle injury respectively. Alba & Pique are also expected to miss the match. That's really disturbing news here & there.

As for Valdes who have arguably been one of our best players this season, i really hope Pinto will be able to provide a good cover until perhaps january when Valdes may return to full action.

I wish him & our other injured players well.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 4:39am On Nov 20, 2013
Johnpaul88: I hear Valdes sustained a calf injury in 35 mins stint he played in Spain's 1 nil lost to South Africa and that he could be out for between 3 - 6 weeks depending on the outcome of tests tomorrow!

That's really another big blow following Messi's injury & as it stands now, alot of Barca players are suffering from one injury to another. Xavi & Tello are already ruled out for our league game on Saturday against Granada for Muscle overburdening & ankle injury respectively. Alba & Pique are also expected to miss the match. That's really disturbing news here & there.

As for Valdes who have arguably been one of our best players this season, i really hope Pinto will be able to provide a good cover until perhaps january when Valdes may return to full action.

Yeah,i saw same news earlier on....Its really reali bad,considering his super high form...I just hope this doesnt cause a dent in his form...
Although the actual lenght of layoff is not confirmed,but its been estimated to be 4wks at most......Which is bad!!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 5:31am On Nov 20, 2013
philfearon:
Yeah,i saw same news earlier on....Its really reali bad,considering his super high form...I just hope this doesnt cause a dent in his form...
Although the actual lenght of layoff is not confirmed,but its been estimated to be 4wks at most......Which is bad!!
Yeah, exactly...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 7:23am On Nov 20, 2013
Johnpaul88: I hear Valdes sustained a calf injury in 35 mins stint he played in Spain's 1 nil lost to South Africa and that he could be out for between 3 - 6 weeks depending on the outcome of tests tomorrow!

Yeah! It's official.

www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4099/spain/2013/11/20/4419501/barcelona-handed-valdes-injury-blow?ICID=HP_BN_6

I think we need a goalie in January, not until valdes leaves. What do you think?

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 7:34am On Nov 20, 2013
The way our players are getting injured in this 1st half of the season, is it a good omen? smiley I think Yes! Because when the most important 2nd half of the season start, they'll still be very fresh and strong! Who knows, we might win the champions league smiley
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 7:40am On Nov 20, 2013
homesteady: The way our players are getting injured in this 1st half of the season, is it a good omen? smiley I think Yes! Because when the most important 2nd half of the season start, they'll still be very fresh and strong! Who knows, we might win the champions league smiley
Hia!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 7:53am On Nov 20, 2013
homesteady: The way our players are getting injured in this 1st half of the season, is it a good omen? smiley I think Yes! Because when the most important 2nd half of the season start, they'll still be very fresh and strong! Who knows, we might win the champions league smiley
Ah dont think "injury" shares ur thought o bro!!
Injury doesnt know the right time to occur,it just occurs!!
If you can think back to exactly this time last year,no Puyol,No Abidal,No Alves,No Mascherano,etc........and i thought the same way as u too.....Still yet,at the later part of the season,same thing occurred====>Injury!
Best Prayer is=====>No Injury at all
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 8:06am On Nov 20, 2013
haha
I'll prefer our players don't get injured at all! But you're right, if we're to choose when our players get injured, we'll definitely love to see them fit in the second half of the season. But fact is that be they injured now, there is no guarrantee they can't get injured again latter in the season. But like i said, i wish our players stay injury free especially when the big games come around.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 4:04pm On Nov 20, 2013
Fifa has extended the ballon dor. I hope the ronaldo fans would come out now and thrash on blatter the same way they would if it was messi who played last nite. By now they'd be falling over each other shouting fifa fifa fifa.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 5:20pm On Nov 20, 2013
ddippset: Fifa has extended the ballon dor. I hope the ronaldo fans would come out now and thrash on blatter the same way they would if it was messi who played last nite. By now they'd be falling over each other shouting fifa fifa fifa.
I was surprised when I read it... Na wa ooooo. Make 13th of January reach make them carry am give Ronaldo as him wan die follow the award, so that him body go come down...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 5:54pm On Nov 20, 2013
dmcdad:
I was surprised when I read it... Na wa ooooo. Make 13th of January reach make them carry am give Ronaldo as him wan die follow the award, so that him body go come down...
abi o. Make them give am make we rest abeg.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 6:12pm On Nov 20, 2013
dmcdad:
calm your assss down.

dem don give am ni.

tsheeeew.

even if they give him, den start shouting wuuuuuuuwuuuuuuwuuuuuu
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 6:37pm On Nov 20, 2013
Barcelona confirm Valdes out until 2014
www.goal.com/x/en/news/4420883
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 6:42pm On Nov 20, 2013
usbcable:
calm your assss down.

dem don give am ni.

tsheeeew.

even if they give him, den start shouting wuuuuuuuwuuuuuuwuuuuuu
If qualifying Portugal with a play-off is the reason Ronaldo will win the World best,then he will neva win it.....Crap!!
Did u watch the France vs Ukraine Match? Did u watch the Croatia vs Iceland Match? Didnt they qualify their teams too? Was it not people that got them through?
The simple truth is,Portugal were stupid and sloppy,that they just did what they should have done a longtime ago!! They should have topped their group Ahead of Russia! Qualifying on the nerve of a tricky match wich could have gone either ways doesnt give him or the entire team a plus,it shows that they lack the quality of champions{not that they are champions anyway}!!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 7:36pm On Nov 20, 2013
philfearon:
If qualifying Portugal with a play-off is the reason Ronaldo will win the World best,then he will neva win it.....Crap!!
Did u watch the France vs Ukraine Match? Did u watch the Croatia vs Iceland Match? Didnt they qualify their teams too? Was it not people that got them through?
The simple truth is,Portugal were stupid and sloppy,that they just did what they should have done a longtime ago!! They should have topped their group Ahead of Russia! Qualifying on the nerve of a tricky match wich could have gone either ways doesnt give him or the entire team a plus,it shows that they lack the quality of champions{not that they are champions anyway}!!
gbam gbam

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 7:42pm On Nov 20, 2013
Messi: I will come back stronger

www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4099/spain/2013/11/20/4421064/messi-i-will-come-back-stronger

Na the kind news wey I wan dey read be this abeg.

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by yourangel: 8:50pm On Nov 20, 2013
dmcdad:

They (Fifa) are acting strange. They also asked people to change their votes if they desire to do so. Blatter wants to give the Ballon d'Or to Ribery or Ronaldo by all means. Even if the rules have to be changed. I'm sure they are under pressure to 'prove' to the media that they are not just handing the award to Messi every year. I don't mind Ribery or Ronaldo winning the award. They are great players and surely deserve the award. However, things must be done the proper way.

It's not impossible that they have counted the votes already and they found that Messi won again. Hence the reason for this strange development.

Ronaldo did brilliantly last night. That was a super fantastic performance from him. People must remember that the achievement of Ronaldo/Ribery last night is akin to a resit student who made an 'A' grade in his second attempt, whereas his mates made the same grade at first sitting. The 'real big boys' got their teams qualified directly for the WC. They didn't have to go through a play-off.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by yourangel: 11:51pm On Nov 20, 2013
barack_o_handso: Messi: I will come back stronger

This comment got me cracked up big time!

"I pray you come back on time, your deputy cr7 is planning to crown himself king, and enslave everyone"
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 8:44am On Nov 21, 2013
philfearon:
Gbamest!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 8:44am On Nov 21, 2013
barack_o_handso: Messi: I will come back stronger

www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4099/spain/2013/11/20/4421064/messi-i-will-come-back-stronger

Na the kind news wey I wan dey read be this abeg.
Abi oooooo
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 8:46am On Nov 21, 2013
yourangel:

They (Fifa) are acting strange. They also asked people to change their votes if they desire to do so. Blatter wants to give the Ballon d'Or to Ribery or Ronaldo by all means. Even if the rules have to be changed. I'm sure they are under pressure to 'prove' to the media that they are not just handing the award to Messi every year. I don't mind Ribery or Ronaldo winning the award. They are great players and surely deserve the award. However, things must be done the proper way.

It's not impossible that they have counted the votes already and they found that Messi won again. Hence the reason for this strange development.

Ronaldo did brilliantly last night. That was a super fantastic performance from him. People must remember that the achievement of Ronaldo/Ribery last night is akin to a resit student who made an 'A' grade in his second attempt, whereas his mates made the same grade at first sitting. The 'real big boys' got their teams qualified directly for the WC. They didn't have to go through a play-off.
Case closed... God bless you
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 8:47am On Nov 21, 2013
yourangel:

This comment got me cracked up big time!

"I pray you come back on time, your deputy cr7 is planning to crown himself king, and enslave everyone"
Ha ha ha ha ha
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 12:07pm On Nov 21, 2013
I wonder how many apologies CR7 will get this year. Hehe grin

www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/cristiano-ronaldo-voodoo-doll-pepsi-2813426

But I bet the only apology he wants comes in form of a trophy given to him by Fifa's president.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 12:32pm On Nov 21, 2013
Dani Alves is yet another first team player that goes down the injury path. He returned from Canada yesterday, carrying an injured calf . He'll therefore be out of action for 10 days.

Altogether now we're missing players like Valdes, Alves, Pique, Alba, Xavi, Messi & Tello. Is that not too much for one team? Hmmmm!

Our only fit players are Pinto, Montoya, Bartra, Puyol, Mash, Adriano?, Busquet, Song, Iniesta, Cesc?, Roberto, Neymar, Pedro & Alexis.

This is what is called injury crisis!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 12:40pm On Nov 21, 2013
Johnpaul88: Dani Alves is yet another first team player that goes down the injury path. He returned from Canada yesterday, carrying an injured calf . He'll therefore be out of action for 10 days.

Altogether now we're missing players like Valdes, Alves, Pique, Alba, Xavi, Messi & Tello. Is that not too much for one team? Hmmmm!

Our only fit players are Pinto, Montoya, Bartra, Puyol, Mash, Adriano?, Busquet, Song, Iniesta, Cesc?, Roberto, Neymar, Pedro & Alexis.

This is what is called injury crisis!

Infact it's too much. But as long as we keep getting those 3points(anyway anyhow) the injured players' spirit sef will be buoyed and their recovery faster. What I'm worried about right now is our goalkeeping problem cos that pinto ehn…?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 4:12pm On Nov 21, 2013
barack_o_handso:

Infact it's too much. But as long as we keep getting those 3points(anyway anyhow) the injured players' spirit sef will be buoyed and their recovery faster. What I'm worried about right now is our goalkeeping problem cos that pinto ehn…?
and how are we supposed to keep getting those 3 points with such a thin squad. i fear for the worst. i pray we keep getting the 3 points sha.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 4:28pm On Nov 21, 2013
ddippset: and how are we supposed to keep getting those 3 points with such a thin squad. i fear for the worst. i pray we keep getting the 3 points sha.

Our next five matches are Granada(H), Ajax(A), Athletic bilbao(A), Cartagena(A) and Celtic(H)

In all fairness, I think they're all winable fixtures,(say for bilbao who are always giving us tough games on their ground), even with our present squad, although some will be back along the way.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 5:14pm On Nov 21, 2013
barack_o_handso:

Our next five matches are Granada(H), Ajax(A), Athletic bilbao(A), Cartagena(A) and Celtic(H)

In all fairness, I think they're all winable fixtures,(say for bilbao who are always giving us tough games on their ground), even with our present squad, although some will be back along the way.
You are right
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 5:29pm On Nov 21, 2013
Confusion, secrecy, chaos will ruin Ballon d'Or by Graham Hunter

www.espnfc.com/blog/_/name/espnfcunited/id/10631?cc=3888

The below link is an article(still on the Balon d'whateva)written by some other guy. I think its worth perusing too.

www.espnfc.com/blog/_/name/espnfcunited/id/10623?cc=3888
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 6:30pm On Nov 21, 2013
dmcdad: Confusion, secrecy, chaos will ruin Ballon d'Or by Graham Hunter

espnfc.com/blog/_/name/espnfcunited/id/10631?cc=3888

espnfc.com/blog/_/name/espnfcunited/id/10623?cc=3888
Really nice, well balanced article from Mr Hunter.

A better link

www.espnfc.com/blog/_/name/espnfcunited/id/10631?cc=3888

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (6231) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.