Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,970 members, 7,817,848 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria (37025 Views)

Share Your Experience On Being Jobless In Nigeria / Open Letter To Second Class And Third Class Graduates / Jobless First Class Graduate Gets Instant Employment After PREMIUM TIMES Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by mslilybeth(f): 1:50pm On Aug 11, 2021
VTJN:
Lagos State, badagry precisely.
Send me an email
Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by FORWARDEVERLY: 1:51pm On Aug 11, 2021
I pray God answer y'all hidden prayers..
Amen
Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by Komu1048(m): 1:52pm On Aug 11, 2021
Basorbala:
There are many , when i mean many like thousands of first class students with second class upper certificate living in Nigeria who are either jobless or living less privilege ( below normal life expectance in Nigeria. Let's gathere here today !

Leave first class n 2:1 alone, if you are not a lady with back or front. Go n hustle. That passage that said “good things comes to those who wait” na woman e mean ooo.

6 Likes

Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by GboyegaD(m): 1:52pm On Aug 11, 2021
GrammarNazi1:

Oh this is true: segregation, which is bad!

I agree with you on this.

Glad you understood my line of reasoning. On the topic, one of my concerns is the mindset we usually have. I am talking from my experience and it has always played out.

People need to think beyond nepotism which is now the order of the day and tell themselves that they will get their desired jobs without any man's help. That is the start of getting a job.

5 Likes

Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by Nchabuomo: 1:53pm On Aug 11, 2021
Goodvibes007:

One of my friends is a director at PWC. He has a 2.2. Got in as an associate and rose through the ranks.

Oh great then.... so guys please apply there are companies that recruit annually.

1 Like

Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:53pm On Aug 11, 2021
My Dept has never produced first class, na from 2nd class upper.We still dey here ooo,... Please someone should Link me with all this part time lecturing of a thing even if na voluntary. I want to lecture my course I studied.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by wacoj(m): 1:54pm On Aug 11, 2021
The problem with some of us is that they don't want to start small.
I also graduated with a 2.1 in Accounting. When I finished my NYSC in 2006, There was no job for me.
I took up a teaching a appointment close to my house for 1500 per week. YES! 1500 per week, yet the principal wouldn't pay me early.
I literally taught JSS1 to SS3 3x a week for 1500.

I later left the teaching job for a free a marketing job yet i got no single commission.
I used my leg to trek the whole of Abuja looking for investors to no avail. Of course who would take me serious after seeing my rough coat (dat one no be suit) and one sided shoe. I did all that hoping for a better tomorrow. (Wey don come for me)

Let's learn to start small!

9 Likes

Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by GboyegaD(m): 1:54pm On Aug 11, 2021
hyzich:

If you are a true first class student and you know your onions, trust me getting job should not be hard. I made first class and i have gotten more than 6 offers in the past 3 years, infact i just got one with almost 500k net but contemplating on accepting because i am enjoying my current place and i have not spent upto 6 months.
If you actually worked for it and you are smart getting job to manage should not be hard. I am not there yet but i know with time i will.
Don't lose hope and keep trying every opportunities (business).

It's a mindset and many do not have it. As a man thinketh in his heart so he is. We can only hope we all develop this mindset.

1 Like

Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by crackhouse(m): 1:55pm On Aug 11, 2021
Mpawon:
Certificate is grossly overated. The best your certificate can give you is an average life.

There are 3 categories of people,
1. Those who failed at School
2. Those who School failed.(I mean the current schooling system).
3. But my favorite category by far are those who Failure schooled them.

When a lion wakes up in the morning, his only prayer to God is 'JUST SHOW ME THE ANIMAL I WILL EAT TODAY', don't help me and don't help him. Leave both of us

If only we find ourselves in a system that is neither For us nor Against us, Many Nigeria youths will be Crushing it

Let me quickly drop this here before I get banned

shocked WOW! Land a lucrative I.T Job in 2021. Grab this I.T MEGA BUNDLE and Go from ZERO to HERO in just 6 months. 30% discount expires tomorrow.
|==============>WhatsApp Me if interested<==============|
Suitable for all Job seekers, I.T professionals, Students, Corpers, Anyone with plans to change fields or travel abroad, Business owners, digital Marketers or if you're simply frustrated with lack of opportunities.
this your words is worth meditating upon. Na true talk. No 3 is what life requires.
Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by GboyegaD(m): 1:56pm On Aug 11, 2021
Goodvibes007:

Lol.
The thread somehow feels like a pity party.

It is well.

Which is another challenge. I feel our mindset is so warped and it limiting our potentials.

1 Like

Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by zeyt: 1:57pm On Aug 11, 2021
It's a pity that Nigeria is all about connections not merit.

4 Likes

Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by shegzhkn: 1:58pm On Aug 11, 2021
luvinhubby:
My wife, 4.48 in electrical engineering, Unilorin

Year ??
Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by OdogwuMike(m): 1:58pm On Aug 11, 2021
luvinhubby:
My wife, 4.48 in electrical engineering, Unilorin

Your wife should check out the Australian Federal Skilled Worker program thread. She should be in Australia in a year, all things being equal
Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by Olumaeme: 1:58pm On Aug 11, 2021
I honestly cant understand how someone will graduate will first class and be jobless.
Well, Most times, the naija education system rewards only people who can just memorize and then pour down on exam days while most of them are not intelligent.

One time i was working somewhere and was on an interview panel only to see a guy who had Second Class lower but cant express himself correctly.

The Problem is not that there are no jobs, the problem is that, there are not enough skilled graduates to take on lots of jobs.

If you graduate with first class, what do you have upstairs? I graduated with 3rd class and have never been unemployed and have never gotten a job through connection.

I saw jobs online, apply and get them.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by dettolgel: 1:59pm On Aug 11, 2021
arthurwillia:

Very sad
4.47 chai
So bad

Bro find English taught MSc program in Schengen area. You find school with tuition as low as 500 euros. Process you visa get there do menial work to pay rent and fees. Finish either find work there or apply for PhD or another master in US and port. Then build your life from there.

My people perish for lack of information.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by bizzibodi(m): 1:59pm On Aug 11, 2021
RELAN2446:

First commot for Badagry, that place is a dead end. I spent 2 years after graduation in oko afo nothing to show for that 2 years, not until i was able to scot with one of my undergraduate frds in vi that is when their is progress in my life. Badagry are for old and weak peeps, probably retired individuals.
True badagry na dead,sleepy town.

2 Likes

Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by wacoj(m): 1:59pm On Aug 11, 2021
MessiahMARLIANS:

Start Selling Solution Items to Problems in Your Enviroments.

If he starts selling agbo jadi will you buy? grin
Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by Mixedfruit: 2:00pm On Aug 11, 2021
same here 4.46 yet no job

I'm tired of this shithole

please Link me up with a good girl/wife.

Must be a US citizen! (Green card holder)

Am a Tall Single guy in search of a decent and good-looking lady ready for
marriage

kindly hit me up

2 Likes

Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by wacoj(m): 2:01pm On Aug 11, 2021
Some people have this mentality that everything in Nigeria is all about connection
so even when they see job opportunities they will not apply for it.

Get this idea off your mind and start trying.
Go to LinkedIN and other reasonable places to apply for jobs.

10 Likes

Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by teabully(m): 2:05pm On Aug 11, 2021
VTJN:
Lagos State, badagry precisely.
where in badagry,I pray everytin turns out well, u might be getting a laptop soon, I always envy those who finished with good CGPA, the system is really totally bad and corrupt.

1 Like

Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by Tony142: 2:06pm On Aug 11, 2021
iLegendd:

Lol

She did not know who boss iLegendd is, she most be new to Nairaland I guess grin

2 Likes

Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by Hassanmaye(m): 2:07pm On Aug 11, 2021
GboyegaD:

Did you read to understand the post he quoted or you just came to display your ignorance?
You Said he should get a system,do what with the system if he don't have the skill,
Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by belovez(m): 2:08pm On Aug 11, 2021
hyzich:

If you are a true first class student and you know your onions, trust me getting job should not be hard. I made first class and i have gotten more than 6 offers in the past 3 years, infact i just got one with almost 500k net but contemplating on accepting because i am enjoying my current place and i have not spent upto 6 months.
If you actually worked for it and you are smart getting job to manage should not be hard. I am not there yet but i know with time i will.
Don't lose hope and keep trying every opportunities (business).

You are not there yet with a monthly pay of 500k in this Buhari Economy.

Uncle you dey motivate me, pls which field are you working in.

2 Likes

Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 11, 2021
Asour:

Guy you're literally still serving!

Calm down. Good that you are this earnest but you don't have to have a job lined up while serving to be successful.

All the best still.
God bless.
Lol, immediately I saw that he was still serving I just stopped reading. Hope his case would turn out different though if not he would receive the greatest shock of his life.

2 Likes

Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by dinodangana(m): 2:10pm On Aug 11, 2021
I wasn't on a 2:1 sha, but a strong 2:2 if there's anything like that, lol. Graduated 6years ago in Accounting, took 2 years to finish both MBA and ICAN simultaneously. Attended lots of interviews, basically NGO related, reached the last recruitment stage in most of them but always ends up unsuccessful, the regret mail I got last week was most painful but lass lass all man get him own time. Thank God I'm not a lazy man depending on corporate jobs sha, right now I Fry and sell masa(waina) while trying to gather funds to get a car for bolt

12 Likes

Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by Theunbothered: 2:11pm On Aug 11, 2021
Basorbala:
Why are we mostly ignored in Nigeria and appreciated more abroad ? Kind it be that the white are less knowledgeable

Because the government or rather people with money don't have any plans for you. Nigeria has many problems but because we can live off oil profits nobody wants to develop anything past being barely functional.

2 Likes

Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by VTJN(m): 2:11pm On Aug 11, 2021
teabully:
where in badagry,I pray everytin turns out well, u might be getting a laptop soon, I always envy those who finished with good CGPA, the system is really totally bad and corrupt.
Along Morogbo environ. I will sincerely appreciate it if i can get hold of one. Thanks
Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 2:11pm On Aug 11, 2021
NapoleonHill:

You really have no idea what you're writing about. There's nothing like adequate 'practical knowledge' as you've put it in any school of the world. That's why students are exposed to the industries as interns even in the so called saner climes. They also get entry level roles after school because of a good economy and that's why you think they have practical experience from school.

I honestly want to assume you're educated but I honestly doubt that. If anyone is given the benefit to work in a field he has initially studied in school, it makes his theoretical knowledge now applicable.

I'm an engineer who had thought I knew nothing after graduation. It turned out, I'm, in fact, a brilliant chap who only needed a practical exposure. I learnt very fast on my job and I now understand why the theories in school was necessary. I still apply and revisit them day by day.

Don't blame the victims.
Impeccable reply dude! Also, foreign companies do graduate internship programmes for fresh employees, teaching them among other things their company's way of doing things. But in my motherland, the employers want you to have 7 years working experience and not be older than 23!

7 Likes

Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by darita: 2:12pm On Aug 11, 2021
3.95 cgpa, best student 4th yr cgpa 5.0 in industrial microbiology. If u see my results, scores, u will marvel....
But still jobless.....hmmmm

1 Like

Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by urchcoded(m): 2:12pm On Aug 11, 2021
VTJN:
We are littered all over the state of the federation. I also came out top of my class. But i don't decieve myself i have no one to run to concerning job. Getting a job on merit isn't feasible anymore in this clime. Particularly, government jobs.

I recently got a transcription job. I'm likely to lose the job due to my inability to get a system.

I'll be rounding off my service soon. Yet no job in sight. Got some cool business ideas, don't have access to loan

Got no connection, nothing nothing

I'm losing my mind seriously

I can relate to your last two lines. Knowing that you have no connection whatsoever could be depressing and that's me right now. I'll also round up my service by october.
Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by Akwamkpuruamu: 2:13pm On Aug 11, 2021
When people say go and hussle, people like me are confused because that word is often abused. Having graduated with 4.4 since 2010 and having never worked my dream job but underemployed jobs made me to know that, all is not well in this country. Las Las, I had to get into cloud computing skills. I regret losing nine years of my life seeking for job s and working in underpayed jobs. I have never earned more than 30k as a salary in the places I have worked for these past nine years. But I thank God that the few two years I decided to stop applying for jobs but be an entrepreneur, having learnt to construct Biofil Toilet Biodigester systems and fumigation, I de make at least 100k every month.

Once I write my AWS Solutions Architect Associate exams this month, I will be bidding farewell to poverty for life as I add UI/UX To my IT Skills.

Infact, I found out that IT skills is the surest way out of poverty and under employment.

Las Las the Nigeria Labour system is evil to a person with zero political connection

9 Likes

Re: First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:14pm On Aug 11, 2021
TempUser:
Am I qualified? grin
Your mate are getting straight A's and you dey shine teeth with that kind careless result.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Army Recruitment Shortlist: What I Noticed. / Jobberman's 2013 - 100 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria. / 7 Sentences You Shouldn't Say To Your Boss - EVER

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.