Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,107 members, 7,811,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

The kitchen is a zone open to all genders. Men get in there. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The kitchen is a zone open to all genders. Men get in there. (644 Views)

16 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Get Married According To Ada Bekee / Couple Take Their Pre-Wedding Photos To The Kitchen / The Wife Of The Kitchen Stool Headmaster Speaks About The Sextape Saga (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The kitchen is a zone open to all genders. Men get in there. by sirjamesjnr(m): 9:11am On Aug 12, 2021
Cooking is a skill, an art, fun and it's not exclusive to WOMEN, everyone can showcase their cooking skills.
Making money demands cognitive thinking, tireless effort, street OT, educational qualifications etc, whereas cooking is something you enjoy and have fun doing it.
I am not a foodie ( can say that about meat cause I like meat a lot ), but I love when someone eats. Occasionally I like when I enter the kitchen and make that mouthwatering meal.
You have to be a good cook and a clean person to impress me. I barely have the chance to cook but it is something I enjoyed but I will never consider it as a money-making venture.
So I am wondering why do men exclude themselves from the kitchen and women use kitchen monopoly to trap men?
The way to my heart is not my belly( food) but attitudes toward me and others( beneath or above you), Your level of IQ and class, maturity and above "common sense respect" and devotion.

Don't get me wrong, few times I eat my woman's food, I enjoyed it and long for more. I sincerely hope men can sometimes try some cuisine and feel the vibe of it. So Bros, enter that kitchen you won't die.

2 Likes

Re: The kitchen is a zone open to all genders. Men get in there. by Kriss216: 9:23am On Aug 12, 2021
The question should be...Can women cook?

3 Likes

Re: The kitchen is a zone open to all genders. Men get in there. by Nobody: 9:35am On Aug 12, 2021
Cooking is not for only women.
U see white men helping their wife in the kitchen but black men want their wife to do everything in the kitchen. If u ask them to help, they'll say what did they marry their wife for?
Black men need to change that mentality,most especially Nigerian men.

1 Like

Re: The kitchen is a zone open to all genders. Men get in there. by Michelle55: 9:47am On Aug 12, 2021
Personally, I like it when my partner knows how to cook in case I'm not around to do all that, he should be able to make sumptuous meals. Nothing beats home cooked meals, cooking isn't for women alone and I wouldn't mind having a man who knows his way around the kitchen. cheesy

We can decide to test our culinary skills once in a while and whoever that makes the best meal for the week gets to have a WELL DONE PRESENT from the other. It builds the relationship and makes it more fun.

Somehow, you end up teaching your kids that it's alright to do things together with your spouse without saying a word to them, all they need do is watch you do the right things at home when you can.

1 Like

Re: The kitchen is a zone open to all genders. Men get in there. by sirjamesjnr(m): 9:52am On Aug 12, 2021
Michelle55:
Personally, I like it when my partner knows how to cook in case I'm not around to do all that, he should be able to make sumptuous meals. Nothing beats home cooked meals, cooking isn't for women alone and I wouldn't mind having a man who knows his way around the kitchen. cheesy

We can decide to test our culinary skills once in a while and whoever that makes the best meal for the week gets to have a WELL DONE PRESENT from the other. It builds the relationship and makes it more fun.

Somehow, you end up teaching your kids that it's alright to do things together with your spouse without saying a word to them, all they need do is watch you do the right things at home when you can.
. Maybe I discuss this with Drfunmi see if we can get in the game but I am scare babe has a way of winning and I end up buying her all the present.
Re: The kitchen is a zone open to all genders. Men get in there. by sirjamesjnr(m): 9:54am On Aug 12, 2021
Doja2000:
U see white men helping their wife in the kitchen but black men want their wife to do everything in the kitchen. If u ask them to help, they'll say what did they marry their wife for?
Black men need to change that mentality,most especially Nigerian men.
You can do well not to sum up all men. I believe in taking responsibilities and helping partners out is a good deal for me
Re: The kitchen is a zone open to all genders. Men get in there. by Michelle55: 10:04am On Aug 12, 2021
sirjamesjnr:
. Maybe I discuss this with Drfunmi see if we can get in the game but I am scare babe has a way of winning and I end up buying her all the present.
Haha.. Don't worry, it would help you to activate the cooking side of you and you wouldn't know when you surpass her sef. When you buy present like 10times,at the eleventh one, that hidden chef potentials in you will spring up to life. smiley

1 Like

Re: The kitchen is a zone open to all genders. Men get in there. by sirjamesjnr(m): 10:08am On Aug 12, 2021
Doja2000:
U see white men helping their wife in the kitchen but black men want their wivesssssssssssss to do everything in the kitchen. If u ask them to help, they'll say what did they marry their wife for?
Black men need to change that mentality, most especially Nigerian men.
. I believe whoever enjoys cooking more or - in a family where both parents work - whoever has the time on a working evening should do the cooking. The kitchen is a zone open to all genders.

Again, My point is that people who claim cooking is demeaning and (therefore, perhaps) a woman’s job are simply wrong. It’s not demeaning at all. It’s creative and fun. It’s not a woman’s job. It’s the job of whoever is badass enough to turn the random contents of the refrigerator into a tasty and enjoyable meal.
Re: The kitchen is a zone open to all genders. Men get in there. by sirjamesjnr(m): 10:09am On Aug 12, 2021
Michelle55:

Haha.. Don't worry, it would help you to activate the cooking side of you and you wouldn't know when you surpass her sef. When you buy present like 10times,at the eleventh one, that hidden chef potentials in you will spring up to life. smiley
You are setting me up. I can see you from afar
Re: The kitchen is a zone open to all genders. Men get in there. by Michelle55: 10:12am On Aug 12, 2021
sirjamesjnr:
You are setting me up. I can see you from afar
How can I? cheesy I'm just trying to be a good Nairalander by helping you to become the world most sort after chef to Dr funmi.. Think about it grin
Re: The kitchen is a zone open to all genders. Men get in there. by sirjamesjnr(m): 10:18am On Aug 12, 2021
Michelle55:

How can I? cheesy I'm just trying to be a good Nairalander by helping you to become the world most sort after chef to Dr funmi.. Think about it grin
. I pray she doesn't see this, you are up to something.
Re: The kitchen is a zone open to all genders. Men get in there. by Nobody: 10:22am On Aug 12, 2021
sirjamesjnr:
. I believe whoever enjoys cooking more or - in a family where both parents work - whoever has the time on a working evening should do the cooking. The kitchen is a zone open to all genders.

Again, My point is that people who claim cooking is demeaning and (therefore, perhaps) a woman’s job are simply wrong. It’s not demeaning at all. It’s creative and fun. It’s not a woman’s job. It’s the job of whoever is badass enough to turn the random contents of the refrigerator into a tasty and enjoyable meal.

Re: The kitchen is a zone open to all genders. Men get in there. by Michelle55: 10:23am On Aug 12, 2021
sirjamesjnr:
. I pray she doesn't see this, you are up to something.
What is wrong with us in this country sef? Me that is trying to help you genuinely is now up to something sad oya now, since you don't want my help let me kuku epp you call her to come here undecided Drfunmisticglow ya attention is needed here asap grin huncle wants to start a cooking competition with you.

My work is done, lemme come and be going!

Re: The kitchen is a zone open to all genders. Men get in there. by sirjamesjnr(m): 10:26am On Aug 12, 2021
Michelle55:

What is wrong with us in this country sef? Me that is trying to help you genuinely is now up to something sad Oya now, since you don't want my help let me Kuku epp you call her to come hereundecided Drfunmisticglow ya attention is needed here asap grin uncle wants to start a cooking competition with you.

. I said it
Re: The kitchen is a zone open to all genders. Men get in there. by sirjamesjnr(m): 10:34am On Aug 12, 2021
Michelle55:

What is wrong with us in this country sef? Me that is trying to help you genuinely is now up to something sad oya now, since you don't want my help let me kuku epp you call her to come here undecided Drfunmisticglow ya attention is needed here asap grin huncle wants to start a cooking competition with you.

. I will take up the challenge someday. Thanks anyway
Re: The kitchen is a zone open to all genders. Men get in there. by Nobody: 10:43am On Aug 12, 2021
No
Re: The kitchen is a zone open to all genders. Men get in there. by Magnoliaa(f): 11:16am On Aug 12, 2021
Mschew.
Re: The kitchen is a zone open to all genders. Men get in there. by DrFunmisticGlow: 11:22am On Aug 12, 2021
sirjamesjnr:
. I will take up the challenge someday. Thanks anyway
Ehen!!

Do you really want us to do this?
shocked

Don't forget about the jollof spaghetti when we met.
Re: The kitchen is a zone open to all genders. Men get in there. by Glycolite: 11:27am On Aug 12, 2021
Buying cooked food(s) outside is not my stuff,unless in a situation where it becomes very very necessary just to get by.
Not a fan of snacks and sugary drinks,so,I had to learn how to cook most of the food I eat ,myself.
Just your basic foods and soups,but when a woman is around the corner, she's going to do the cooking,unless some rare occasions.
Re: The kitchen is a zone open to all genders. Men get in there. by sirjamesjnr(m): 12:58pm On Aug 12, 2021
Glycolite:

Buying cooked food(s) outside is not my stuff,unless in a situation where it becomes very very necessary just to get by.
Not a fan of snacks and sugary drinks,so,I had to learn how to cook most of the food I eat ,myself.
Just your basic foods and soups,but when a woman is around the corner, she's going to do the cooking,unless some rare occasions.
. Same here I stop eating out a long time ago unless I am very busy or maybe a fancy hotel. The only problem is I tend to spend a lot of money when cooking. Sometimes I don't even eat the food.
Re: The kitchen is a zone open to all genders. Men get in there. by sirjamesjnr(m): 1:00pm On Aug 12, 2021
DrFunmisticGlow:
Ehen!!

Do you really want us to do this?
shocked

Don't forget about the jollof spaghetti when we met.
. Well, I do like to try. Hope you will be fair and allow healthy competition. Maybe when you are on leave and I got a chance.

1 Like

Re: The kitchen is a zone open to all genders. Men get in there. by sirjamesjnr(m): 1:00pm On Aug 12, 2021
Magnoliaa:
Mschew.
. Hope you are alright?
Re: The kitchen is a zone open to all genders. Men get in there. by sirjamesjnr(m): 1:21pm On Aug 12, 2021
DrFunmisticGlow:
Ehen!!

Do you want us to do this?
shocked

Don't forget about the Jollof spaghetti when we met.
. Let me not lie, I still have fond memories about that Jollof spaghetti. Omg, I try it with Investor, he loves it. We just eat it and drink a lot of beer.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Hello / She Is Not Who She Claim To Be / Funny Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.