Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,252 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator (32740 Views)

Can The Nextdoor Neighbor Harvest This Plantain? / Nigerian Cooking Makes House Smell: London Landlord Denies Gambian Accommodation / Landlord Wanted To Sleep With My Daughter And Me – Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by greenlilly(m): 7:38am On Sep 20, 2021
12. [b]The use of power generating plants in residential, commercial and industrial outlets shall not affect others by way of noise pollution[b]
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by TheGreatOne90: 7:40am On Sep 20, 2021
twinskenny:
Can you talk to him a civil way first?
Am very sure, this will not stop him
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by Bunny19: 7:42am On Sep 20, 2021
Fuckyoumod:
are saying you want to detect to the gen owner as to how and when to use his gen?

OK... I'm watching.
it's dictate! U are welcome
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by Mozegee: 7:49am On Sep 20, 2021
Kindly stay on your Lane to avoid trouble. You have no right when to tell him to use his Gen or not.
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by HRHQueenPhil(f): 7:50am On Sep 20, 2021
femi4:
And you re proud of STEALING his money....smh
uncle, I used his money dosent mean I stole it...pls ask questions and stop running into conclusion
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by HRHQueenPhil(f): 7:52am On Sep 20, 2021
SporaD8:

I need that plug like a matter off life and death.
Where did you get yours? Drugstore or building/construction store? where please? it's very urgent ooo!

Jumia, konga sells them..will search and send u the link...also some very good pharmacies
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by HRHQueenPhil(f): 7:53am On Sep 20, 2021
AlphaStorm:

U love ur ex too much

Okafor's Law
Na blood group spoil am..AS things
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by Bamzyriches451: 7:53am On Sep 20, 2021
We where going through this in our compound back then in Calabar, we can't sleep every night. Well me n my geng decided to end it by filling the generator engine with 1 packet of salt
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by Franking: 7:53am On Sep 20, 2021
twinskenny:
Can you talk to him a civil way first?

What will u say? That he should not put on his gen?
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by Olumaeme: 7:54am On Sep 20, 2021
My brother i dont think there is anything you can do rather than buy yours and disturb him back also.
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by Bunny19: 7:56am On Sep 20, 2021
Fuckyoumod:
guy leave that man alone, its not entirely his making, the authorities you want to report him to is also part of the problem.

1. You don't pay his rent and can't detect to him when and when not to use his gen in this Nigeria. Its can't happen!

Excerpt you just want to start a fight. And trouble sometimes can turn fatal.

I will advice you to live in peace with your neighbor because e get why.
Better still buy your own gen and run it all night simple if you can afford it. If you can't not allow the man to enjoy his life in peace.

This is the best advice I can give you.

Because last last that gen will keep running as long as the gen is around his living territory,

Even if you like carry am go Court.

I can see u are in d habit of doing same thing the op complained about. Remember what goes around comes around, life has a way of dishing out what we give in same measure or more but in different scenarios. Do good and see good, do bad see bad! That's life
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by Bunny19: 7:58am On Sep 20, 2021
Fuckyoumod:
see the possible outcome of your action,

1. If i catch you, you go buy new brand gen for me or one person go die, You or me!

2. If I no see you, I go go juju go kill the person, since the person wan show me wickedness I go show the person double.

Bros, you sure say you go reach 40 years for this life at all? Be very careful with your actions ooh, make you no go jam the wrong person ooh.

Because the day anybody bring wickedness to my door step. Worse case scenario somebody go die and heaven will not fall.
oh! So u wan use juju kill person cause dem spoil ur gen? So e dey pain? U dey use noise disturb the person life and to u make d person no complain because its normal. See ur life! That's how u people bring on urselves unnecessary problems that have long term repercussions. Nonsense
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by Bunny19: 8:00am On Sep 20, 2021
Aurelius1:
Most of the comments here shows why this country is in its present state. A man is disturbing his neighbor with his generator and some folks here are saying he shouldn't complain. The op has every right to enjoy peace of mind and a sound sleep. Where I live, some landlords make it compulsory to switch off all generators by 11:30pm.
God bless u
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by TemmyDayo50(m): 8:03am On Sep 20, 2021
iamtardey:
Stay happy and shey jeje grin

Mafo cool
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by HRHQueenPhil(f): 8:03am On Sep 20, 2021
nurez305:
why are you not listening to an advice and stop behaving like old useless goat?

U are truly a big fool grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by 15ssDRIVE(m): 8:09am On Sep 20, 2021
pyyxxaro:
Open the fuel tank , pour sharp sand and kerosene inside

Thank me later

Na so dey go do you back oh !!!
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by greenlilly(m): 8:14am On Sep 20, 2021
https://naijaknowhow.net/report-noise-pollution-in-lagos/

How to report noise pollution in Lagos
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by greenlilly(m): 8:19am On Sep 20, 2021
From the comments i have seen here so far, most Nigerians don't deserve a better or descent life.

Nigeria truly deserves likes of Buhari . Someone who will inflict injury and hardship on them.
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by Absan86(m): 8:36am On Sep 20, 2021
What if the guy u dey plan to spoil his hard earned generator is a nairalander too... Oya go and pour salt or salt we go here the rest...
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by KingGeedorah(m): 8:40am On Sep 20, 2021
Had the same issue when l rented an apartment 2months ago, my neighbour runs his gen to 4am when there is no light. And the gen is close to my bedroom window. Thot of meeting him to complain but just decided to live and let live, now the gen does not disturb me like that.

My question is tho, why would you run you gen all night unless you are bing watch TV shows, if you really need light 24hrs a day why not purchase an inverter cause Or if it's because of heat purchase a rechargeable fan
erubati:
Hello nairalanders, Please as I am typing this short piece, am seriously boiling with rage as am unable to sleep. There is a building beside my house where one of the occupants is always putting on his gen at any slightest opportunity of NEPA outage.

The most annoying aspect is that he uses the generator deep into the night and the noise usually affects my sleep. Presently, there is light in the area but I guess they did not recharge their prepaid meter so he switched on his generator since around 7pm and he is yet to switch it off as am typing.

Is a tenant given the right to switch in his gen overnight while denying others the right to good night rest. I am thinking of reporting him to the appropriate Lagos State authority but don't know which one can take it up seriously.

1 Like

Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by generalwo(m): 8:42am On Sep 20, 2021
Bunny19:
Getat! So the person the noise is disturbing also do not have right to enjoy peace? Look at ur reasoning. Ur type disgust me
.... Oya goan die...... If u no want generator noise, pack go high brow areas or better still go Ghana where light dey steady... No come use your own spoil another man own..... Odeeeehhhh
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by generalwo(m): 8:43am On Sep 20, 2021
Bunny19:
Thank u. @generalwo or whatever ur name is, hope u can read this. Nonsense!
...... Isslike ya mad abi? Mention my alias again and watch ogun tear your head into pieces....
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by bibiking7(m): 8:43am On Sep 20, 2021

Why not just confront him first. Some folks are raising kids that don't do well in heat. He could be studying for an exam.

Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by generalwo(m): 8:44am On Sep 20, 2021
Bunny19:
Oga two goody shoes! You've been going around d thread preaching here and there. Abeg let people breathe,haba
..... Am I choking you? Oga free me!
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by Bunny19: 8:53am On Sep 20, 2021
generalwo:
...... Isslike ya mad abi? Mention my alias again and watch ogun tear your head into pieces....
I'm still standing waiting for Ogun to tear my head into pieces. Ignorant fool angry angry
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by generalwo(m): 8:54am On Sep 20, 2021
Bunny19:
I'm still standing waiting for Ogun to tear my head into pieces. Ignorant fool angry angry
..... Like ya popsy..... Ewu
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by juwoonn(m): 9:21am On Sep 20, 2021
Try and be considerate too sha...
Reminds me of where I was living before relocating... I’m a freelancer with fiverr and I have deadlines for client deliveries. I rarely sleep and my gen was constantly on sometimes due to power failure and other times due to faulty prepaid meter. That’s what put food on my table.
You really don’t know if his meter is faulty. If he turns on the gen every time as you said (day and night) then he’s obviously working from home... and it’s cheaper to put money on prepaid than to buy fuel 24/7

erubati:
Hello nairalanders, Please as I am typing this short piece, am seriously boiling with rage as am unable to sleep. There is a building beside my house where one of the occupants is always putting on his gen at any slightest opportunity of NEPA outage.

The most annoying aspect is that he uses the generator deep into the night and the noise usually affects my sleep. Presently, there is light in the area but I guess they did not recharge their prepaid meter so he switched on his generator since around 7pm and he is yet to switch it off as am typing.

Is a tenant given the right to switch in his gen overnight while denying others the right to good night rest. I am thinking of reporting him to the appropriate Lagos State authority but don't know which one can take it up seriously.
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by Valuc: 9:23am On Sep 20, 2021
Don't be an enemy of progress.. go and buy a fairly used gen too.. remove the exhaust.. face the smoke and noise to the other gen.. let Iran and Iraq war start

1 Like

Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by showboy25(m): 9:24am On Sep 20, 2021
dingbang:
if you wake up by 2am and the sound still annoys you, just carry salt, open the gen cap and pour inside, cover it back, go back to sleep. The gen will be running but later off by itself.
is what you can do chaii!
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by showboy25(m): 9:31am On Sep 20, 2021
erubati:

bro, you have equal right you don't even think of what's goes around comes around try to be tolerance. You can sleep well, it's just that you don't like each other
Re: My Neighbor Denies Me Sleep With His Generator by rushman003: 9:31am On Sep 20, 2021
erubati:

Those kind of people are surely everywhere! Report them to LASEPA.. Lagos State Environmental Protection Agency. Just chat them up and give them all the necessary details of the house with proof and evidence.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Chinonso Uba's Ezeacho Hotel, House, Shops Burnt In Imo, 2 Feared Killed / House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About / Prices Of Doors In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.