Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,434 members, 7,812,293 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About (32789 Views)

3 Things To Do When Landlord Increases Your House Rent In Nigeria / Get Quick Loan To Pay House Rent From Page Financials / How Do I Increase My House Rent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by Nijimog: 7:52am On Jan 16
Renting house has become a big issue for low income earners in the country.

Landlords on their part are not helping issues, they are just increasing rent at any slightest inflation being conveyed.

E sure me say a lot of people go reach village this year, the way things are going

1) To the elders with experience, how do u navigate or cope

2) Where in Lagos can an individual rent a good house(with good light and good water facility)

3) like how much an individual need to get a good house in Lagos or any state in naija

Some of us are just managing

This life is not 4 the weak

Suggestions, criticism are welcomed...

Mods put the post in the right section

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by Sonnobax15(m): 8:08am On Jan 16
grin
Should we blame the landlords?

Hell no!!! You can't blame them when cost of building materials is steadily increasing...

Reminds me of 2022 when I paraded some yahoo boys who were looking for a 2-bed room apartment....We finally got to find one and the landlord pinned the house rent down to #850k yearly.....I almost OFF that moment......Money wey dem take buy keke carry give me as higher purchase nai these boys wan splash throway just like that,that was the thought that was running in my mind cheesy. The landlord was even saying his own was the cheapest in the area angry. Like WTF....... Y'all need to see the kind bad eye wey I take look am like say na me get the money cheesy

Omoh,I like where I dey right now abeg......Very cheap, peaceful,water dey,well tiled and pvc ceiling grin. And most importantly,fine bannies come still surround me join as a bonus tongue

133 Likes 6 Shares

Re: House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by Ibrahimmantu79: 8:23am On Jan 16
which area abeg?
Sonnobax15:
grin

Hell no!!! You can't blame them when cost of building materials is steadily increasing...

Reminds me of 2022 when I paraded some yahoo boys who were looking for a 2-bed room apartment....We finally got to find one and the landlord pinned the house rent down to #850k yearly.....I almost OFF that moment......Money wey dem take buy keke carry give me as higher purchase nai these boys wan splash throway just like that,that was the thought that was running in my mind cheesy. The landlord was even saying his own was the cheapest in the area angry. Like WTF....... Y'all need to see the kind bad eye wey I take look am like say na me get the money cheesy

Omoh,I like where I dey right now abeg......Very cheap, peaceful,water dey,well tiled and pvc ceiling grin. And most importantly,fine bannies come still surround me join as a bonus tongue

2 Likes

Re: House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by JasonNOTStatham: 8:24am On Jan 16
Depends on location (school area, rural and suburban seems doable)
Bedsitter 70-150K +
1 BR 90 - 180K +
2 BR 170- 300K +
Still... minimum wage (35K) won't be feasible for rent in solid 6 figures.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by JasonNOTStatham: 8:27am On Jan 16
The more you earn - likely you'd spend, we humans tends to adapt. Someone will look and do well on a 75K pay a month after being used to a 30K monthly pay; compared to another battling with a 100K per month and looking depressed.

54 Likes 9 Shares

Re: House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by HeatSeeker(m): 1:33pm On Jan 16
The landlords are not really to blame. It's housing agents like marida and mayorcastle that surreptitiously inflate the value of the apartments for rent. Just imagine a mini flat going for over 700,000 in run down areas like Shomolu and bariga. They are joyless and almost soulless in their pursuit for profit. Its only God that can save us.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by Nazgul: 2:33pm On Jan 16
JasonNOTStatham:
Depends on location (school area, rural and suburban seems doable)

Bedsitter 70-150K +

1 BR 90 - 180K +

2 BR 170- 300K +

Still... minimum wage (35K) won't be feasible for rent in solid 6 figures.
170-300k for 2 bedroom flat in Nigeria?

Wake up bro, we're 2024 not 2014.

You won't even see a standard 2bedroom flat for 300k in Abakaliki sef.

119 Likes 7 Shares

Re: House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by Goodnewsforlife: 2:33pm On Jan 16
Nijimog:
Renting house has become a big issue for low income earners in the country.

Landlords on their part are not helping issues, they are just increasing rent at any slightest inflation being conveyed.

E sure me say a lot of people go reach village this year, the way things are going

1) To the elders with experience, how do u navigate or cope

2) Where in Lagos can an individual rent a good house(with good light and good water facility)

3) like how much an individual need to get a good house in Lagos or any state in naija

Some of us are just managing

This life is not 4 the weak

Suggestions, criticism are welcomed...

Mods put the post in the right section
na agent own worst pass n I know for sure very soon nobody go give those greedy bastards house again

Imagine them go call rent 300 then total package 450k

What are u packaging on top ordinary sheet of paper wey I go put my passport

Na craze I swear

68 Likes 6 Shares

Re: House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by ATEAMS: 2:33pm On Jan 16
No try ABUJA....

U go CRY ...

Them go use you finish work ..

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by Akwamkpuruamu: 2:34pm On Jan 16
Did they buy building materials cheaper? They settle different categories of people from government to youth groups, to traditional rulers to agberos. So don't blame land lords.

Just keep 200k for a decent self con anywhere in this country wey make sense, except you wan enter inside village

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by Emeka71(m): 2:34pm On Jan 16
Sonnobax15:
grin

So right.
Re: House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by spiSeyi: 2:35pm On Jan 16
grin
Re: House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by Earthquakes: 2:35pm On Jan 16
Once you build your own
You can decide to lease it out for free. smiley

But by the way Nigeria has the cheapest house rent in the world, my one month rent in Canada is my 3 yrs rent in PH.

But yes you can always find a way to make the money unlike in Nigeria.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by kingcjay(m): 2:35pm On Jan 16
Someone cannot live in Abuja in peace again. It's either bandit, one chance, agboro or house rent breathing down your neck.
Na Japa dey my mind.

7 Likes

Re: House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by robinso01(m): 2:35pm On Jan 16
Main problem with high cost of house rent are the agents . Landlords will build houses with their money,gives to agents to rent the houses out and the stupid agents who have no money in building of the houses will be making money more than the person that spent money on building houses . Landlord might say house rent is 150k , agents will now rent it out for 200-250k apart from agent fee and caution fee. Those agents are the main problem.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by morgan100(m): 2:36pm On Jan 16
Recently my family and I moved to Abuja and getting accommodation has been a serious issue. Not that there is no accommodation, however, the cost is something else. We tried Orozo, a good one-bedroom flat goes for 400k, total package over 500k, which is very high for a one bedroom flat in such location. We tried one-man-village after Maraba going to Masaka, same story. My budget was even 250 to 300k.

Omo, I am frustrated already.

Funny enough, the houses that can go for 300k won't have running water, ancient houses that you will have to spend money on to renovate.

And you see those Abuja agents, most of them will have a special place in hell. They have shown me shege.

Up until now, we have not been able to secure an apartment.

61 Likes 7 Shares

Re: House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by Flier: 2:36pm On Jan 16
Go and build house if it’s easy,cost of building materials is now multiply by 3
The worse is you can never make the money you used to build the house back in 20 years.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by ednut1(m): 2:36pm On Jan 16
In 2012 a relative built a house for rent at ikotun axis. One bedroom was 200k and two bedroom was 250k. when i visited 9ja last she said its now 750k and 800k respectively . I was like wtf

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by inoki247: 2:36pm On Jan 16
Lol house rate high in maybe Lagos and Abuja nd Places filled with elite...

Buh Try London....

Is jus like UK once u want to live in a more populated City be expecting high price rent...

That's why some people ran away from London and try other City the same way some people run away from Lagos and Abuja ...

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by DiskJokeyManic: 2:36pm On Jan 16
Re: House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by spartachico(m): 2:36pm On Jan 16
A conducive 2 bedroom flat, in a serene street/ environment in Abule egba and its environs ,starts from 700k and even at that 700k just buy student foam put inside the rooms because if you dey think of 6X6 mattress omo na to open door jump on bed and from bed jump enter toilet cus no space at all, so if you want better spacious apartment ,get ready to splash 1M TO 2M.

Mo wi re abi mio wi re.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by UptownVibes(m): 2:36pm On Jan 16
Goodnewsforlife:
na agent own worst pass n I know for sure very soon nobody go give those greedy bastards house again

Imagine them go call rent 300 then total package 450k

What are u packaging on top ordinary sheet of paper wey I go put my passport

Na craze I swear
grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by JasonSleek(m): 2:36pm On Jan 16
You and me both. Lol! my current rent price is a COMPLETE steal! The facilities/price ratios are too good to be true! in places like even surulere, na 2M+ i for dey pay.
Sonnobax15:
grin

7 Likes

Re: House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by Akwamkpuruamu: 2:36pm On Jan 16
Sonnobax15:
grin

Any space in your apartment?
Re: House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by money121(m): 2:37pm On Jan 16
Ok
Re: House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by chccho(m): 2:37pm On Jan 16
If u feel house rent here is too high u can try UK, USA, South Africa

2 Likes

Re: House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by vickthourh(m): 2:38pm On Jan 16
Na wa
Re: House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by Raskimonojendor: 2:38pm On Jan 16
Laws of demand and supply.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by GasAndOilTheory(m): 2:38pm On Jan 16
Naa person wey don chop dey live inside and afford rent.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About by allanphash7(m): 2:38pm On Jan 16
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

LASBCA Seals Distressed 4-storey Building At 17, Obadina Street, Lagos Island / How Do I Handle My Landlord?? / Important Checks To Make Before Renting An Apartment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.