Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,779 members, 7,831,509 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) (22955 Views)

“Any Girl Who Asks You For Transport Money Is A Useless Girl” – Pastor Mildred / Marriage Was Not Designed To Make You Happy - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo (video) / Mildred Okonkwo: You Can't Be Angry At Pastors Flying Jets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by Kobojunkie: 5:42pm On Aug 14, 2021
Akuruoulo:

Curse gat grade .
All curses are not equal
No one with a curse or living under one will enter into God's presence. Knowing this, you tell me, does is assumption about curse grading of any real value to any husband and wife living under this curse.? undecided
Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by Kobojunkie: 5:46pm On Aug 14, 2021
mapet:

1. Marriage has absolutely nothing to do with curse on the woman, this is pure heresy
2. Marriage is God ordained and was not repudiated by Jesus
3. Salvation, rapture and resurrection is individual... It is separated from marriage. Even the scripture talks about 2 being together and one shall be taken
1. There you go again throwing out the word "heresy" without carefully reading through what was written. undecided
2. What has that to do with what I wrote? undecided
3. Again, what has that to do with my response? undecided
Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by BRATISLAVA: 6:12pm On Aug 14, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Lol! The bolded is quite funny but makes sense.

The problem is with their mindset. Before I got saved, I have heard several church leaders justify the ego of a man severally and say that man was made that way by God, but It was only when I got more knowledge about God and His things, that I came to know that it was such a big lie and completely unfounded, because God didn't make man that way in the beginning. A man's ego only came after his fall, therefore it was as a result of sin.

So that's the ungodly mindset they are still using to judge women, not that of Christ even though they claim to be His followers.

Very true.

It's interesting to note that you gained this understanding after knowing more about God.

I've never believed men are born with pride/ego, because biblically it is the devil who carries that trait. Yet it is something these pastors say proudly in defense of irascible, irresponsible, irredeemable behavior from men whenever they want to hold marriage series: "We are men, we have pride, we have a lot of pride". That is carnality talking.

In whose image is that? Who is their true father? When the devil showed pride, what response did he get? It's the same response gotten in marriages.

Most men attend these church marriage services because they know it is mostly about submission for their wives. submission as Nigerians know it is something different. When you tell them to love their wives, they tell you that you can love your wife and cheat on her, because they are men. It doesn't make sense.

We need Jesus. Urgently.

1 Like

Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:21pm On Aug 14, 2021
neyoohhh:

Jesus take the wheel sensibilities but you have a boss at work, structure in democracies, division of labor with strict defined roles, even the church isn't exempt, you have usher's, pastor's, ministers all working under a structure.
Yet it's enforcement and abuse when it comes to natural selection and structure in marriages with defined roles .

Men don't oppress women, women oppress themselves by revolting against authority. If structure holds society together, women breaking away from that confirms their rebellious nature that got us here in the first place, going by the Bible..

Yeah right, Jesus take the will indeed.
Yeah. Put the blame on the woman for the consequences of your own actions just like Adam did in the beginning, it's not far fetched as most men are following in his footsteps, including so-called Christians, instead of that of Jesus despite claiming with their lips He's their Lord.

You can keep deceiving yourself, but know that no woman got you here, but yourself. Except you admit that you're a nursing baby who she breastfed, but even nursing babies can also say no!

1 Like

Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by neyoohhh: 7:24pm On Aug 14, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Yeah. Put the blame on the woman for the consequences of your own actions just like Adam did in the beginning, it's not far fetched as most men are following in his footsteps, including so-called Christians, instead of that of Jesus despite claiming with their lips He's their Lord.

You can keep deceiving yourself, but know that no woman got you here, but yourself. Except you admit that you're a nursing baby who she breastfed, but even nursing babies can also say no!

Don't understand what you have written there.

Anyways, I'm done here.. no more mentions.

God bless all of you. Shalom

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by DEMZEE(m): 7:29pm On Aug 14, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Look, the reason you believe a man is the head of a family is because you believe in the curse that God placed on man for his sins in the beginning. Before that, marriage was simply between a man and his woman, two different from equal beings. undecided

Those of you who hold on to the cursed ideology should be aware that you bar yourselves from entering into Heaven by your beliefs. As the curse was set to condemn man and woman, so also all those who live by the curse remain condemned never to see the Kingdom of Heaven. undecided

Women are attracted and aroused by men who are superior and better than them tho

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by TheVinx1: 7:33pm On Aug 14, 2021
DEMZEE:

Women are attracted and aroused by men who are superior and better than them tho

WHEN WILL YOU HAVE SENSE AND STOP BEING A FEMINIST
Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by DEMZEE(m): 7:40pm On Aug 14, 2021
TheVinx1:
WHEN WILL YOU HAVE SENSE AND STOP BEING A FEMINIST

I hate feminism

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by TheVinx1: 7:41pm On Aug 14, 2021
@Kobojunkie WHEN WILL YOU HAVE SENSE AND STOP BEING A FEMINIST

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by TheVinx1: 7:42pm On Aug 14, 2021
DEMZEE:

I hate feminism
Me too,i don't know why @Kobojunkie doesn't get it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by DEMZEE(m): 7:44pm On Aug 14, 2021
TheVinx1:
Me too,i don't know why @Kobojunkie doesn't get it

He's trolling
Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by TheVinx1: 8:06pm On Aug 14, 2021
DEMZEE:

He's trolling
WTF, it was a mistake i send that quote to you.i wanted to quote @Kobojunkie
Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by omoyankee3(m): 8:20pm On Aug 14, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Compare that number to the rate of marriage abandonment in Nigeria let's say beginning since the late 70s to present day and tell me if the Nigerian marriage has been doing a lot better before now. undecided

You can't compare. Almost half of marriages in the US end up in divorce or separation (google it) AND ninety percent of those divorces are requested by the wife. Although there are a few legit reasons why the women want divorce (abuse or cheating by the husband), most of the reasons is that the wife figured "she can do bad all by herself"...that "she's a strong, independent woman"

Believe me, Nigerian marriages are doing a lot better at the moment.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by Kobojunkie: 8:28pm On Aug 14, 2021
omoyankee3:

You can't compare. Almost half of marriages in the US end up in divorce or separation (google it) AND ninety percent of those divorce are requested by the wife. Although, there are a few legit reasons (eg abuse or cheating by the husband) why the women want divorce. But most of the reasons is that the wife figured she can do bad all by herself.
You are right that it is hard to compare and the reason being their are records kept of these issues in the US but in Nigeria, abandonment are not even treated as marital problems which they are. undecided

Even an honest poll here on nairaland will reveal to you that every other Nigerian here has either been directly impacted by a marriage abandonment or knows of an abandonment. So, don't decieve yourself with lies that feminism is to blame for marital issues in Nigeria... those problems have been in existence long before feminism showed up on the Nigerian horizon. undecided
Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by mapet: 8:33pm On Aug 14, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. There you go again throwing out the word "heresy" without carefully reading through what was written. undecided
2. What has that to do with what I wrote? undecided
3. Again, what has that to do with my response? undecided
Everything
Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by Kobojunkie: 8:41pm On Aug 14, 2021
mapet:

Everything
I have no idea what the connection between your response has to do with my post below
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ is God's New Covenant Law in the Kingdom of God and according to Him, and since we become members of His Kingdom even here on earth, it is included in His Law that marriage remains as defined by God in the beginning, this before God cursed man and woman for their sins against Him - Genesis 2 vs 24

2. The promise of the Kingdom of God belongs, not to those of the Old Covenant, but to those of the New Covenant and so when Jesus Christ was asked the question, He phrased His response in the context of the Kingdom of God, the Kingdom He came to bring to those who will believe in Him. undecided

So Jesus Christ used the opportunity to make it clear that the marriages we have begin and end in this world and are not a part of His Kingdom. undecided
Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by FarmTech(m): 9:11pm On Aug 14, 2021
LilMissFavvy:
The last time I was curious enough to read about the causes of marriages collapsing, infidelity was the number reason, not submission, so this people can continue to spew whatever they wish, the only thing that bothers me is that they never preach LOVE/SUBMISSION hand in hand, as Bible recorded it. Yes, I believe in man loving his wife and wife submitting as Bible mentioned, but what these preachers preach is not complete, I see them as preachers who just want to garner the attention of men with reasons best known to them, my opinion anyway.
Men, many of them, will want to commit adultery but they won't want their wives to do the same. That is why every girl shud learn how to walk with Christ from childhood. Not when it's time for marriage. Dressing also matters a lot. If u dress like a harlot, u attract dogs. And when the dog start behaving like a dog, don't complain. Many women are the architect of there own destruction. Seduction is Evil.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by FarmTech(m): 9:21pm On Aug 14, 2021
saphiere:
EVERYONE IS EQUAL.

Gal. 3: 28

Gen. 1:27

Acts. 10: 34

Rom. 10: 12

Rom. 2: 23

Rom. 2: 11

Prov. 22: 2

Matt. 20: 16

James. 2: 1

Col. 3: 11

Ezek. 30: 20

Learn to interpreted bible base on context. The bible doesn't contradict itself. Man is the head of the woman just as Christ is the head of the church.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by Kobojunkie: 9:29pm On Aug 14, 2021
FarmTech:

Men, many of them, will want to commit adultery but they won't want their wives to do the same. That is why every girl shud learn how to walk with Christ from childhood. Not when it's time for marriage. Dressing also matters a lot. If u dress like a harlot, u attract dogs. And when the dog start behaving like a dog, don't complain. Many women are the architect of there own destruction. Seduction is Evil.
So women who cover up from head to toe never experience the same men you speak of? undecided
Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by omoyankee3(m): 9:30pm On Aug 14, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You are right that it is hard to compare and the reason being their are records kept of these issues in the US but in Nigeria, abandonment are not even treated as marital problems which they are. undecided

Even an honest poll here on nairaland will reveal to you that every other Nigerian here has either been directly impacted by a marriage abandonment or knows of an abandonment. So, don't decieve yourself with lies that feminism is to blame for marital issues in Nigeria... those problems have been in existence long before feminism showed up on the Nigerian horizon. undecided

Dont get me wrong.... I was talking about the impact of feminism in the US. Most of the marital issues in Nigeria is not because of feminism. However, the emergence of feminism in Nigeria can potentially add to the issues that are already present in nigerian marriages. That's why it should be nipped in the bud before it does to Nigeria what it's already doing to western countries

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by Kobojunkie: 9:31pm On Aug 14, 2021
FarmTech:

Learn to interpreted bible base on context. The bible doesn't contradict itself. Man is the head of the woman just as Christ is the head of the church.
Obviously, if Jesus Christ says He alone is Head and then another says a man is Head, surely you see there a contradiction needing resolving. undecided

Denial is akin to lying and God never asked anyone to do so on His behalf. undecided
Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by Kobojunkie: 9:36pm On Aug 14, 2021
omoyankee3:

Dont get me wrong.... I was talking about the impact of feminism in the US. Most of the marital issues in Nigeria is not because of feminism. However, the emergence of feminism in Nigeria can potentially add to the issues that are already present in nigerian marriages. That's why it should be nipped in the bud before it does to Nigeria what it's already doing to western countries
You cannot speak of the impact of feminism when it is stil just a movement and nothing more. undecided

You already insinuate it is to blame for marriage woes even before the laws have been changed to grant women equal rights in Nigeria by law and in society. undecided

Marital problems have long existed in Nigeria. Once hidden now more openly discussed by all and sundry even as women remain second class citizens in the country. Whatever issues currently exist cannot be blamed on feminism but have instead helped give rise to the movement and the need. undecided

And tagging it as a potential problem, whole ignoring the fact that the pot has already boiled over reveals you are unwilling to address reality as it even presents itself even at this point to all. undecided
Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by sharone21(f): 6:01am On Aug 15, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Educate yourself on what Feminism is really about abeg undecided

Okay, but don't go too far with it as it kills good relationships etc....Anything in excess brings more evil than good.
Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by Kobojunkie: 6:59am On Aug 15, 2021
sharone21:

Okay, but don't go too far with it as it kills good relationships etc....Anything in excess brings more evil than good.
So according to the dictionary..
fem·i·nism

the advocacy of women's rights on the basis of the equality of the sexes.
That there is the meaning of the word for you. How you make that term then responsible for the killing of what you term "good" relationships is beyond me. undecided
Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by orunto27: 7:56am On Aug 15, 2021
THERE'S NO DISCRIMINATION IN MARRIAGE. MARRIAGE IS ONE BODY IN CHRIST JESUS AND IT IS LOVE YOUSELF AS YOURSELVES.
Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by orunto27: 7:58am On Aug 15, 2021
THERE'S NO DISCRIMINATION IN MARRIAGE. MARRIAGE IS ONE BODY IN CHRIST JESUS AND IT IS LOVE YOUSELF AS YOURSELVES.

MARRIAGE IS LOVE YOURSELVES AS YOURSELF.

1 Like

Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by Hassanmaye(m): 3:51pm On Aug 15, 2021
RichAbujaGuy:
Me thinks lead Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo is laying it down real good-good in the other room on a regular bases.
You can see it in her glow. grin
Hahahhhah real bad boy grin grin
Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by Hassanmaye(m): 3:53pm On Aug 15, 2021
One1Nigeria:
People wey na be feminist never even see marriage na to talk of feminist,u go grow white hair for pussy before u see husband....
Hahahhahahaha bad boy grin grin your savagery too much na
Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by Hassanmaye(m): 3:54pm On Aug 15, 2021
Theicecode:
There are alot of them here, online feminist but they crave for dicks when they are alone
Hahahhahahaha
Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by TWLifestyle: 7:31am On Aug 16, 2021
Verysmart101:

Shey all men are men are wicked souls right? U forgot that if u point a finger at someone,3 other fingers are pointing back at u.Useless human.Talk rubbish without thinking nxt time.Animal in human skin
oloshi, men are animals in human skin and the only reason i insulted you was because you insulted me not becos you were asking me silly questions . Nearly all men are animals - especially African men - majority of them are cruel , senseless pigs whose ego and penis is all they live for I do not exempt ANYBODY - dumb add idiot - do i know what my male family members get up to behind closed doors ? most of you are animals . Especially the ones who get upset when they know for a fact that most men are animals . Like you nah. I can only imagine how much of an animal you would be . Ode
Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by Verysmart101: 12:17pm On Aug 17, 2021
TWLifestyle:
oloshi, men are animals in human skin and the only reason i insulted you was because you insulted me not becos you were asking me silly questions . Nearly all men are animals - especially African men - majority of them are cruel , senseless pigs whose ego and penis is all they live for I do not exempt ANYBODY - dumb add idiot - do i know what my male family members get up to behind closed doors ? most of you are animals . Especially the ones who get upset when they know for a fact that most men are animals . Like you nah. I can only imagine how much of an animal you would be . Ode

I have no problem but ur father,brothers male cousins,ur future husband or baby daddy(if actually u will ever marry) ur sons,ur daughters boyfriends and husbands,ur grand sons,ur great grandsons and all sons in ur lineage are animals and useless.U can't call all men animals and exclude urs.I pity ur d unfortunate man that will ever come across u.
Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by Verysmart101: 12:20pm On Aug 17, 2021
TWLifestyle:
Ur father will forever regret impregnating mum if he sees wat u said about all men.Ur so shit disgusting

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

My Experience With The God Of No Impossibities / Crisis Hits CAN Over Oritsejafor's Plan To Rig Election For Preferred Candidate / 7 Contemporary Nigerian Gospel Artistes In Their 20s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.