Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,915 members, 7,835,056 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) (22977 Views)

“Any Girl Who Asks You For Transport Money Is A Useless Girl” – Pastor Mildred / Marriage Was Not Designed To Make You Happy - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo (video) / Mildred Okonkwo: You Can't Be Angry At Pastors Flying Jets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by Kobojunkie: 6:38pm On Aug 13, 2021
Verysmart101:
So all female born again don't dey still die,don't they go through painful child delivery?
That one claims to be born-again does not mean one has fully embraced God and His Law , example this woman here who still teaches that living in a cursed state is God's design under Jesus Christ. undecided

Consider you many Mogs who encourage you all to go sweat during the week for perishable food, against Jesus Christ, so you can pay your tithes and offerings to their churches, and feed your lives. They all claim to be born-again but reject the very teachings of Jesus Christ as they hold on to living life in that cursed state that Jesus Christ offers us all salvation from. undecided
Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by mountmoriah(m): 6:39pm On Aug 13, 2021
Jesus was not stupid when he didn't appoint or call any woman as one of the apostles, not that there Is not good women at that time but a woman will always remain a woman, they can be manipulated, one by the devil, two by materials things, thirdly by the man servicing them well, they can even kill their husband, children because of this, fourthly they themselves are in one way or the other devilish and manipulator, all the problem of man started from a foolish woman called eve, man was design to live forever until eve showed up in the film.
Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by neyoohhh: 6:40pm On Aug 13, 2021
kingxsamz:
I don't think these clowns calling themselves preachers really understand what feminism is. They think it's about being the head of the family or splitting bills. I think she's addressing another topic because I don't know what women having equality has to do with any of those things. Lastly, if not for feminism she won't be on that alter opening her wide mouth. The bible is clearly against women preaching in church over men. Clown.

You're the clown.. watch the video again.

She said women should go and drag feminism with their bosses not husband's

4 Likes

Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by gabicon: 6:41pm On Aug 13, 2021
Omooba77:
Feminism in Marriage is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred.

Pastor Mildred Kingsley-Okonkwo has stated that feminism in marriage is rubbish and not God's word.

According to the cleric, a woman can be doing feminism in the office and demanding equal pay when they work so hard, but in marriage there’s only one head.

Pastor Mildred averred that women have the first right of choice in any relationship and should chose right to avoid drinking medicine after death.

She added that the word of God said women should obey and submit to their husbands, and they should obey this.

Pastor Mildred is married to lead pastor of David Christian Centre, Kingsley Okonkwo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2VYH-rzTjc

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/08/feminism-in-marriage-is-rubbish-pastor-mildred/amp/

Most things in life are governed by rules and principles, these rules are created to give context to challenges encountered in the respective institution. Marriage is one of such institution the rule is that the man Loves the woman submits, so if you know you can't love your wife don't get married it's not by force, so also if you can't submit to your husband's don't marry.

Human beings like to reap the benefits of an ideology but don't want to submit to the rules and regulations governing the ideology.

A marriage is similar to any other institution that has a chief executive and director, the director can't claim equality with the CEO, the responsibilities are different, so also is marriage.

1 Like

Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by Kobojunkie: 6:41pm On Aug 13, 2021
mountmoriah:
read your bible well, God never curse the man, he curse two personels, the devil and the woman, and also curse the land which the man will thread upon.
You need to read your bible then beginning in Genesis 3 vs 14 - 19. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by kingxsamz(m): 6:41pm On Aug 13, 2021
neyoohhh:

You're the clown.. watch the video again.

She said women should go and drag feminism with their bosses not husband's

You're not smart.
Please show me where feminism has to do with dragging with your husband. Tell your preacher to get off the alter. It's a sin in her bible to instruct men on it. Clown.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by Kobojunkie: 6:43pm On Aug 13, 2021
kingxsamz:
I don't think these clowns calling themselves preachers really understand what feminism is. They think it's about being the head of the family or splitting bills. I think she's addressing another topic because I don't know what women having equality has to do with any of those things. Lastly, if not for feminism she won't be on that alter opening her wide mouth. The bible is clearly against women preaching in church over men. Clown.
Way too many of them are indeed ignorant of what feminism is truly about. The same happened here in the U.S between the late 90s - early 2000s. undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by Kobojunkie: 6:44pm On Aug 13, 2021
neyoohhh:

Mental illness, go get a cure. Never met a feminist Christian before like you.
You twist everything in the Bible to suit your propaganda.
I asked you the other day, what do you want feminism to achieve in Nigeria.. no meaningful response..
It's obvious you're mentally unstable. Mushin feminist tongue
Try to be specific with your accusation. What Bible verses am I guilty of twisting here? undecided
Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by God2man2again(m): 6:44pm On Aug 13, 2021
Righteousness2:
Not only rubbish, it is Satanic and the Height of rebellion against GOD Almighty

Yes! They are fighting the Almighty God.
Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 13, 2021
neyoohhh:

Mental illness, go get a cure. Never met a feminist Christian before like you.

You twist everything in the Bible to suit your propaganda.

I asked you the other day, what do you want feminism to achieve in Nigeria.. no meaningful response..

It's obvious you're mentally unstable. Mushin feminist tongue

This is uncalled for. Not a nice thing to say to someone.
Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by kingxsamz(m): 6:45pm On Aug 13, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Way too many of them are indeed ignorant of what feminism is truly about. The same happened here in the U.S in the late 90s - early 2000s. undecided

The thing tire me. At least one should try to understand a subject before spewing ignorance. Even men can be feminists. The fact that there are bitter feminists who are misandrists doesn't change what feminism is or entails. People are just being highly ignorant on purpose in 2021. nawa.

3 Likes

Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by Nobody: 6:46pm On Aug 13, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Try to be specific with your accusation. What Bible verses am I guilty of twisting here? undecided

Just drop it!
Huh!
Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by Kobojunkie: 6:47pm On Aug 13, 2021
CharisEleos:
Just drop it!
Huh!
You are telling me not to do the Work my Father has for me to do ? shocked shocked
Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by Nobody: 6:49pm On Aug 13, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You are telling me not to do the Work my Father has for me to do ? shocked shocked

I'm not telling you not to do God's work. He's already getting personal with you, reason I said drop it. Hes not buying whatever you're trying to sell to him. Haba!
Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by BuddhaPalm(m): 6:49pm On Aug 13, 2021
Mehn, see the batty on this babe...
Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by Kobojunkie: 6:51pm On Aug 13, 2021
CharisEleos:
I'm not telling you not to do God's work. He's already getting personal with you, reason I said drop it. Hes not buying whatever you're trying to sell to him. Haba!
Ofcourse, there are those blind and ignorant out there, however, my telling Him God's truth still counts as me using the understanding that I have. grin

Recall, my mission is to use the understanding that I have been given so that more understanding will be given me. - Parable of the 10 talents. I earn my points regardless of whether they listen or not. grin
Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by neyoohhh: 6:51pm On Aug 13, 2021
kingxsamz:

You're not smart.
Please show me where feminism has to do with dragging with your husband. Tell your preacher to get off the alter. It's a sin in her bible to instruct men on it. Clown.

What is feminism actually dragging then since they can already do anything?

As for the Bible on female preachers , anyone can be led by the holy spirit to minister onto others, it just specifies that men should lead, case in point, this particular woman has a husband, and she's part of his ministry...

The Bible nowhere restricts women from exercising the gifts of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 12). Women, just as much as men, are called to minister to others, to demonstrate the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22–23), and to proclaim the gospel to the lost (Matthew 28:18–20; Acts 1:8; 1 Peter 3:15).
Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by Nobody: 6:52pm On Aug 13, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Ofcourse, there are those blind and ignorant out there, however, my telling Him God's truth still counts as me using the understanding that I have. grin

Recall, our mission is to use the understanding that I have been given so that more understanding will be given me. - Parable of the 10 talents. grin

Ok.
Ride on dear. smiley But don't get into a fight.
Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by DEMZEE(m): 6:52pm On Aug 13, 2021
saphiere:
EVERYONE IS EQUAL.

Gal. 3: 28

Gen. 1:27

Acts. 10: 34

Rom. 10: 12

Rom. 2: 23

Rom. 2: 11

Prov. 22: 2

Matt. 20: 16

James. 2: 1

Col. 3: 11

Ezek. 30: 20

But wen women work in the career world they are not equal to their male bosses but they want to be equal to their husbands

How does this makes sense, women will rather be career slaves to male bosses than submit to their husband's authority
Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by Fortez: 6:54pm On Aug 13, 2021
How
Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by Newboss(m): 6:54pm On Aug 13, 2021
No Christian or Muslim woman should be a feminist. Those religions are 100% against feminism.

There is no correlation between religion and freedom. Even democracy is against everything religion stands for. This world is a mess. Most people don't even think about what they're getting themselves into.

1 Like

Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by Kobojunkie: 6:55pm On Aug 13, 2021
DEMZEE:
But wen women work in the career world they are not equal to their male bosses but they want to be equal to their husbands

How does this makes sense, women will rather be career slaves to male bosses than submit to their husband's authority
When a man works in the same career world is he equal to his female boss?

Who told you that a husband is a boss over his wife? Where does this idea you have come from? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by Kobojunkie: 6:56pm On Aug 13, 2021
Newboss:
No Christian or Muslim woman should be a feminist. Those religions are 100% against feminism.

There is no correlation between religion and freedom. Even democracy is against everything religion stands for. This world is a mess. Most people don't even think about what they're getting themselves into.
Speak that which you really have knowledge of abeg! undecided

1 Like

Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by saphiere(f): 6:57pm On Aug 13, 2021
[s]
DEMZEE:

[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by Nobody: 7:01pm On Aug 13, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

Thanks for your contribution.

Religious men can be really oppressive in matters concerning women. Most men and their pastors need to read their Bibles thoroughly, not only the places they like because it supports them, but even the most hidden reaches. Most women in such unions are miserable.

I'm always surprised to see that pastors read their Bibles and stop on that verse, and never go beyond it. Is it that loving ones wife isn't important? Isn't it as much a commandment as they feel the submission verse is? The men who refuse to read beyond that are in the same danger they feel women who aren't submissive are.

This is one of the reasons I stopped listening to pastors. They are too lopsided in their reading and interpretation of the Bible. Most of the time it is because it tickles their fancy.

Maybe only your Pastor preaches what you wrote up there. Most Pastors I listen to don't state that only women should love in marriage. Feminism is eating you up already.

1 Like

Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by FORWARDEVERLY: 7:01pm On Aug 13, 2021
Martinez39s
Bro we are a bit lucky in this part of the world..
Before the madness of feminism get serious here.. both genders (sensible ones) has found out that it is evil and a sham..

More voices would definitely rise to condemn it..

The bitter female folks in Nigeria won't have the opportunity to cash out like their Western world counterparts.. grin grin grin grin
Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by ncoolsome(m): 7:02pm On Aug 13, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
One thing I have observed from most men who claim to be of God, is that they are sexist but they obviously have no grouse with that because they think is their right to be so, but the woman has no such right.

It's really shameful when I see how they fail to emulate the ways of Jesus who on several occasions defended the rights of the woman from her oppressors as the Pharisees.

Today they are they remind me of the Pharisees much more than Jesus.

They want to keep her in perpetual bondage to man, not know that the saying in the Bible that man shall rule over her was a punishment for her role in man's fall, hence it's no longer valid, because Jesus her redeemer upon His death has broken the yoke and bondage of sin over her life.

That's how they'd make sexist rules such as "a woman shall keep silence in the church and not speak" among such they do to stifle her, but thank God, God is not man, so He doesn't follow the rules of men, but His, hence He would make some women not just to speak in the church but to lead some of the most powerful churches in recent history as a certain Kathryn Kulman.

I chose to align with God's plan and intentions for the woman just as my Master Jesus did so that I would not find myself going against God.

God bless.

U seem to be a woman
Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by Kobojunkie: 7:09pm On Aug 13, 2021
SimplyFacts:

Maybe only your Pastor preaches what you wrote up there. Most Pastors I listen to don't state that only women should love in marriage. Feminism is eating you up already.
Majority of your pastors are ignorant of the Word of God. God never asked His disciples to acts as marriage counselors to anyone. In fact, he more than made it clear when He, Jesus Christ, declared that your marriages are of this world and not of the Kingdom of God. undecided

Anyone who claims to believe in Jesus Christ , yet preaching to you that which Jesus Christ never said of marriage, is not of Him to begin with. undecided
Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by Nobody: 7:11pm On Aug 13, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Majority of your pastors are ignorant of the Word of God. God never asked His disciples to acts as marriage counselors to anyone. In fact, he more than made it clear when He, Jesus Christ, declared that your marriages are of this world and not of the Kingdom of God. undecided

If I get you right, you meant no errors in marriage can make any of the partners go to hell?
Extramarital affair is not a sin then. Am I missing something?
Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by mabea: 7:11pm On Aug 13, 2021
LilMissFavvy:
The last time I was curious enough to read about the causes of marriages collapsing, infidelity was the number reason, not submission, so this people can continue to spew whatever they wish, the only thing that bothers me is that they never preach LOVE/SUBMISSION hand in hand, as Bible recorded it. Yes, I believe in man loving his wife and wife submitting as Bible mentioned, but what these preachers preach is not complete, I see them as preachers who just want to garner the attention of men with reasons best known to them, my opinion anyway.
And you think you are doing me. You're only deceiving yourself.
Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by kingxsamz(m): 7:13pm On Aug 13, 2021
neyoohhh:

What is feminism actually dragging then since they can already do anything?

As for the Bible on female preachers , anyone can be led by the holy spirit to minister onto others, it just specifies that men should lead, case in point, this particular woman has a husband, and she's part of his ministry...

Bro if you want to be educated on what feminism entails, your search bar isn't far. You were acting ignorant and claiming that feminism is all about dragging "head of family" with husbands. If you want to know more, go online and educate yourself. This is 2021.

The Bible nowhere restricts women from exercising the gifts of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 12). Women, just as much as men, are called to minister to others, to demonstrate the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22–23), and to proclaim the gospel to the lost (Matthew 28:18–20; Acts 1:8; 1 Peter 3:15).

With all due respect, please keep quiet.
Your bible is clearly against women carrying out such acts on the alter.

1 Corinthians 14:34 The women should keep silent in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be in submission, as the Law also says.

1 Corinthians 14:35 If there is anything they desire to learn, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church.

1 Timothy 2:12
I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet.

Also, this is the new testament. So you have no excuses. You're an ignoramus.

2 Likes

Re: Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) by Goldiness: 7:15pm On Aug 13, 2021
LilMissFavvy:
If she balanced it up, why are we not seeing it here? Majority of them do not like to balance it up. I am used to their half messages.

Ok, don't get used to the half massage, they just cut of the part were she spoke about men should love their wives, that is why I said you should watch the complete massage and not listen to what media says all to get people talking. I advise you watch it in full via you tube.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

7 Contemporary Nigerian Gospel Artistes In Their 20s / Killings: CAN Peaceful Protest In Kaduna In Pictures / RCCG Holy Ghost Congress 2012!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.