Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,900 members, 7,814,045 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

My Interview Experience - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Interview Experience (16045 Views)

My Interview Experience At A Law Firm In Lekki / My Funny Interview Experience With A Foreign Firm / My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Interview Experience by stanelvis(m): 2:45pm On Aug 16, 2021
Richy4:
They made life unnecessarily difficult for you... What will it take for that man/ the panel to be polite and nice to you? sad

He was being very polite by correcting him.
Op was so unserious and doesn't deserve the job.

1 Like

Re: My Interview Experience by gentleibraheem(m): 2:45pm On Aug 16, 2021
To All the people Castigating the guy.
What is the need for all of those formalities in Interviews are Interviews not meant to Select candidates most suitable for the job?
what is it with the Language and all. we all need to make life easier for ourselves. yes. and don'ts start calling me a Gen Z or Millennial

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Interview Experience by AloneTK: 2:51pm On Aug 16, 2021
pocohantas:
If you want to get the gravity of a statement, translate it to your local language.

Imagine walking into an interview hall to tell the interviewer “Jisike Sir”. Haba!! You were too unserious, but don’t overthink it, it is a learning curve for you.

grin grin grin grin Really couldn't resist the urge
grin
Re: My Interview Experience by abbiboy: 2:56pm On Aug 16, 2021
Advice! Watch alot of YouTube interviews before going for another appointment.
You need to be very formal and show confidence it's not about your certificate most times.
Re: My Interview Experience by armadeo(m): 3:01pm On Aug 16, 2021
airsaylongcome:
Palm Kannel....your prospective "boss" is in for a shocker if he makes the lethal mistake of hiring you

Loooool.

Sometimes when I read such I just dey laugh dey go. Some will still not take correction.

The boss go shock!!!

Anyway @ op (ellegacy) you have learnt a lesson here , the bashing you have received here make me pity you small.

It is well. Mistakes are made to learn from. I'm sure your next one would be better.
Re: My Interview Experience by IbrahimSkiba(f): 3:05pm On Aug 16, 2021
arthurwillia:
Oo dem suppose knack you 2 by 2 ni
I no fit laugh
Well done sir oo
Eku ise nibeyen o oo

That man wicked sha

I for like go apply for work for that place ooooo tongue
Re: My Interview Experience by Nobody: 3:20pm On Aug 16, 2021
Ellegacy:
So I attended an interview this morning, I applied as a farm manager. It's for a big farm that also has an hotel. We were called to present ourselves at their hotel at 8am in the morning prompt.

I got their around 7:50am. I was ushered in by the security. I have to say, it's an A+ hotel. Exquisite, full of luxery. I met people who came for the interview at their open bar. We were up to 20 in number.

I won't say I did not get intimidated. I mean their are young guys at the hotel, swimming, playing basketball, working out at the gym and they're all young. Like under 30. I'm the youngest out of the applicant I saw on seat btw.

The interview did not start until around 10am. We were kept sitted at the open bar doing nothing. The sun was out today so it wasn't pleasant sitting down at all.

It eventually got to my turn around 12:30pm. Yeah, it means I won't catch my beloveth man united at their first game of the season. Gosh! I came in, and the young chubby beautiful lady helping the elderly man conducting the interview codely signaled me to greet. Gosh, were are my manners.

I said "well done sir".

I'll refer him to as the Man henceforth.

The Man said what do I mean by 'well done sir'.
Still standing I replied 'I saw that you're busy with works on your desk and I have to greet.'

He replied "Am I the one that gave him work to do that I have to say well done? Don't you know well done is after a work given has being done and the giver has to complement on a job well done? You don't say well done in an interview. It's only my boss that can tell me well done. I know you don't know that, but now you know. Next time say Good Afternoon. You can have your seat"

When did well done become an insult??

Of the many interview questions that I was asked and I couldn't answer perfectly, one comes to mind.

I was asked to talked about what I know about Palm Kannel. I said we could get a lot from Palm kanel, we could make Palm oil from the kanel,and the by product of the kanel can be meshed and used as fuel and stuff like that

"Stuff like that?" The Man said.
"Stuff like that"
"Are you a Yahoo boy"?
"No" I replied. (I'm just 27 btw, I have a forever young look).
"Stuff like that? You don't say that in an interview. It's grammatically correct, but it's wrong to say in an interview. Who are you? You just say stuff like that?"

I felt I committed a war crime to be tagged yahoo boy cos I said 'stuff like that in an interview'.

He said good day.

You went to late Captain Hosa’s Hotel in Abuja?
Re: My Interview Experience by arantess: 3:32pm On Aug 16, 2021
Ellegacy:
So I attended an interview this morning, I applied as a farm manager. It's for a big farm that also has an hotel. We were called to present ourselves at their hotel at 8am in the morning prompt.

I got their around 7:50am. I was ushered in by the security. I have to say, it's an A+ hotel. Exquisite, full of luxery. I met people who came for the interview at their open bar. We were up to 20 in number.

I won't say I did not get intimidated. I mean their are young guys at the hotel, swimming, playing basketball, working out at the gym and they're all young. Like under 30. I'm the youngest out of the applicant I saw on seat btw.

The interview did not start until around 10am. We were kept sitted at the open bar doing nothing. The sun was out today so it wasn't pleasant sitting down at all.

It eventually got to my turn around 12:30pm. Yeah, it means I won't catch my beloveth man united at their first game of the season. Gosh! I came in, and the young chubby beautiful lady helping the elderly man conducting the interview codely signaled me to greet. Gosh, were are my manners.

I said "well done sir".

Still standing I replied 'I saw that you're busy with works on your desk and I have to greet.'

He replied "Am I the one that gave him work to do that I have to say well done? Don't you know well done is after a work given has being done and the giver has to complement on a job well done? You don't say well done in an interview. It's only my boss that can tell me well done. I know you don't know that, but now you know. Next time say Good Afternoon. You can have your seat"

Of the many interview questions that I was asked and I couldn't answer perfectly, one comes to mind.

I was asked to talked about what I know about Palm Kannel. I said we could get a lot from Palm kanel, we could make Palm oil from the kanel,and the by product of the kanel can be meshed and used as fuel and stuff like that

"Stuff like that"
"Are you a Yahoo boy"?
"Stuff like that? You don't say that in an interview. It's grammatically correct, but it's wrong to say in an interview. Who are you? You just say stuff like that?"

I felt I committed a war crime to be tagged yahoo boy cos I said 'stuff like that in an interview'.

He said good day.
Next opportunity you get, try to be careful and serious
Truth is mannerism matters a lot in interviews, and you quite clearly lacked it

1 Like

Re: My Interview Experience by Richy4(m): 3:45pm On Aug 16, 2021
stanelvis:

He was being very polite by correcting him.
Op was so unserious and doesn't deserve the job.

That was not being polite trust me... that was being sarcastic because of the power to hire and fire...

OP: Well done
Interviewer: Thank you. how are you? I hope you did not find it difficult locating this place?
OP: NO i did not...

How does this scenario sound to you buddy?
Yes I agreed that Op was not professional enough .. but the first guy he met was just a royal A$$
Re: My Interview Experience by airsaylongcome: 3:49pm On Aug 16, 2021
gentleibraheem:
To All the people Castigating the guy.
What is the need for all of those formalities in Interviews are Interviews not meant to Select candidates most suitable for the job?
what is it with the Language and all. we all need to make life easier for ourselves. yes. and I mdon'ts start calling me a Gen Z or Millennial

All those "formalities" mean a lot. It tells the difference between someone who is professional and one who isn't. You can greet a friend "How far?" (which is colloquial and very informal). But in the work place, that would be very unacceptable unless you have an existing informal relationship with the person

1 Like

Re: My Interview Experience by purpleicious(f): 3:58pm On Aug 16, 2021
That man sounds like my grandfather's agemate - people who went to school in the colonial era,they don't take nonsense o.I just pray you get the job.
Re: My Interview Experience by Childofaking: 4:00pm On Aug 16, 2021
SmartyPants:

That says a lot more about the place.

I think it was disrespectful to come in to where you have your superiors and say 'you guys'.

1 Like

Re: My Interview Experience by Ellegacy(m): 4:17pm On Aug 16, 2021
arantess:

Next opportunity you get, try to be careful and serious
Truth is mannerism matters a lot in interviews, and you quite clearly lacked it

You're right. Much appreciated bro

1 Like

Re: My Interview Experience by Ellegacy(m): 4:21pm On Aug 16, 2021
armadeo:

Loooool.

Sometimes when I read such I just dey laugh dey go. Some will still not take correction.

The boss go shock!!!

Anyway @ op (ellegacy) you have learnt a lesson here , the bashing you have received here make me pity you small.

It is well. Mistakes are made to learn from. I'm sure your next one would be better.

Thanks man. Definitely, I learnt a great deal. Just getting myself familiarize with the interview world. I have no one to blame if I don't learn from this.

1 Like

Re: My Interview Experience by Symbei(f): 4:22pm On Aug 16, 2021
���� this is so funny. Who says well done sir in an interview �
Ellegacy:

I said "well done sir".

"Stuff like that"
"Are you a Yahoo boy"?

He said good day.
Re: My Interview Experience by senator2k9(m): 4:31pm On Aug 16, 2021
You can't even spell "palm kernel" correctly and you want to get a job. U were lucky you were just discharged... In advanced countries you will be arrested and detained
Re: My Interview Experience by SmartyPants(m): 4:56pm On Aug 16, 2021
Childofaking:

I think it was disrespectful to come in to where you have your superiors and say 'you guys'.

1. Workplace superiority does not make human beings into deities. It.might have been slightly inappropriate but that's not cause for anyone to be outraged.

2. The reaction, almost slapping a subordinate is extreme unprofessional.
Re: My Interview Experience by Childofaking: 5:38pm On Aug 16, 2021
SmartyPants:

1. Workplace superiority does not make human beings into deities. It.might have been slightly inappropriate but that's not cause for anyone to be outraged.

2. The reaction, almost slapping a subordinate is extreme unprofessional.

You are very correct. That particular guy was cocky and thinks he owns the company.
Re: My Interview Experience by Ellegacy(m): 7:02pm On Aug 16, 2021
Symbei:
���� this is so funny. Who says well done sir in an interview �

Obviously me ��
Re: My Interview Experience by eyinjuege: 7:02pm On Aug 16, 2021
27 year old man na matured man o.
Dazzall.
Re: My Interview Experience by ismodiwa(m): 8:48pm On Aug 16, 2021
Truth be told, you Bleep up bro.
Re: My Interview Experience by Abiodunspectre(m): 8:57pm On Aug 16, 2021
You did nothing wrong. If you have an entrepreneurship skill you can join the next Titan entrepreneur reality TV show.

Use the link below to register.
Re: My Interview Experience by miraculousGod(m): 9:28pm On Aug 16, 2021
In the English Dictionary, words are categorised into formal and informal, written and spoken. You don't use informal words in an interview.
learn web design from me, see my no. below this comment

1 Like

Re: My Interview Experience by esthel(f): 9:37pm On Aug 16, 2021
You greeted your interviewer well done cheesy cheesy cheesy, you deserve a heavy konk
Re: My Interview Experience by makizee(m): 12:38am On Aug 17, 2021
Ellegacy:

I know that now. I'll be more cautious of what I say next time.

I like that you have taken folks rebuttal of your conduct in good faith, you have learned from it, an interview is a serious business, yes some interviewers dey take am like war, but you are the one looking for a job, be formal.. That "weldone sir" was very wrong in that setting �.
Learn from this and prepare better for the next one. Best wishes.

1 Like

Re: My Interview Experience by litaninja(m): 7:06am On Aug 18, 2021
Unprofessional.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Smart Ways To Conduct Yourself During Job Interviews / Dear Employers This Is What Motivates Us, So Stop Asking - Topwritersden / How Do Introverts Cope In Job Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.