Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Why Do Luth Dr, Nurses, Interns Have Bad Attitudes? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Do Luth Dr, Nurses, Interns Have Bad Attitudes? (10333 Views)

Sad Plight Of Health Interns In Nigeria,,, / Simple Way To Know If You Have Bad Breath / Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Luth Dr, Nurses, Interns Have Bad Attitudes? by Nobody: 9:28am On May 19, 2011
savanto:

Male doctors are even more professional than the females who are heading because they are wearing lab coats. Please don't let me discuss the student doctors as the though of it would bring tears to my sad face. Let them be. Virtue is its own reward.
U are so right! I mean females that are meant by nature to be kind&compassionate are sometin else in luth, d males are much calm and level headed. The sad part of it however is that dis guys know nothing but theory, one can see easily, they lack exposure, so arrogant and corrupt.
Re: Why Do Luth Dr, Nurses, Interns Have Bad Attitudes? by chiketee(m): 9:54am On May 19, 2011
The truth is that we are a rude ppl. Right from birth we are raised with brute force, incessant physical lashings without trying to logically and diplomatically iron out matters, as such we learn to only give respect to those who we assume to be above us and mete out ridiculously demeaning attitudes to others who we assume to be nobodies. We all work around with overblown egos and a certain undeserved sense of accomplishment. The moment u give a Nigerian a chair and a table and tell him he is in charge of something,no matter how irrelevant, they all put on their coats of rudeness. I think bankers are the worst when it comes to this appalling behaviour
Re: Why Do Luth Dr, Nurses, Interns Have Bad Attitudes? by KDULAR: 10:09am On May 19, 2011
Majority of Docs and nurses especially the former are in for the Job not because of real love for the Job but because of money and the pride  ( at least they are better paid than most civil servants) and their entry point is out of this world ( Imagine ) at the present rate, It will take graduates of other degreees employed at the same time with these doctors 8 years! to get to their entry point . Even a lab scientist or pharmacist who spent just a year less than the number of years spent by d Doctors to get their degrees will have to spend 5 years on the Job before he can get to their own entry point Not to now talk of the the Bogus allowances and royalty accorded them in their emolment and condition of service. Thus making it lucrative.

Look at all the previous strikes by the doctors especially the younger ones and you 'll see that it is bacically 90 % about their pay rise and 10% better equipments for improved services.
When you see 2 young doctors talking about a new employment by either of the two,the first thing will be asked is ' how are you being payed and not how's  the Job and  thing that makes them look confident is actually how much they earn, the moment some one of other profession seem to look better than them,, they "loose it". This is the reason why they  fight only for themselves for increment of pay leaving out all other health workers who sin qua non they cannot function , Besides no doctor is thought how to manage an hospital in their training but what do you see, they are the head of all hospitals and health ministries and thus the sorry state of our health sector. I said ones that rather than increase pay adn emoluments fantastically even from intern level as being done now ,why not spread on more heads so that you'll have more people employed thereby reducing the work burden and giving more doctors a life( a large majority in private hospitals are either under payed and some are even jobless!) . but no, selfish , proud and insensitive they remain to their own plights too.  
Thirdly most Docs in luth are the sions and daughters of existing big bpys in the profession , so they feel immuned to any anything/anybody and believe they can behave as they like.
Re: Why Do Luth Dr, Nurses, Interns Have Bad Attitudes? by oyesema: 10:24am On May 19, 2011
Speaking from my personal experience, I hate hospitals ,I pray you do not have any reason to go there except for delivery or immunization, thats when you'll know how far with this country,those guys are something else, they see their patient as a burden. Also the so called Doctors behave as if they are special people forgetting that we all went through the same educational system where there is little or no difference between those who study Medicine and other courses yet they come out and demand outrageous salary for the service that is not there.have they even gone on strike for lack of equipment to work with?they only do so on salary issue.No wonder a lot of people are going for herbs like oko oloyun,opa eyin, ale  etc.
Re: Why Do Luth Dr, Nurses, Interns Have Bad Attitudes? by Nobody: 10:55am On May 19, 2011
KDULAR:

Majority of Docs and nurses especially the former are in for the Job not because of real love for the Job but because of money and the pride  ( at least they are better paid than most civil servants) and their entry point is out of this world ( Imagine ) at the present rate, It will take graduates of other degreees employed at the same time with these doctors 8 years! to get to their entry point . Even a lab scientist or pharmacist who spent just a year less than the number of years spent by d Doctors to get their degrees will have to spend 5 years on the Job before he can get to their own entry point Not to now talk of the the Bogus allowances and royalty accorded them in their emolment and condition of service. Thus making it lucrative.

Look at all the previous strikes by the doctors especially the younger ones and you 'll see that it is bacically 90 % about their pay rise and 10% better equipments for improved services.
When you see 2 young doctors talking about a new employment by either of the two,the first thing will be asked is ' how are you being payed and not how's  the Job and  thing that makes them look confident is actually how much they earn, the moment some one of other profession seem to look better than them,, they "loose it". This is the reason why they  fight only for themselves for increment of pay leaving out all other health workers who sin qua non they cannot function , Besides no doctor is thought how to manage an hospital in their training but what do you see, they are the head of all hospitals and health ministries and thus the sorry state of our health sector. I said ones that rather than increase pay adn emoluments fantastically even from intern level as being done now ,why not spread on more heads so that you'll have more people employed thereby reducing the work burden and giving more doctors a life( a large majority in private hospitals are either under payed and some are even jobless!) . but no, selfish , proud and insensitive they remain to their own plights too.  
Thirdly most Docs in luth are the sions and daughters of existing big bpys in the profession , so they feel immuned to any anything/anybody and believe they can behave as they like.
real talk here. I have never heard about dis guys going on strike 4 lack of equipment. And anoda sad tin is they just guess and know nothing. Wat if dis guys now get a more pay increase, patients will really suffer.
Re: Why Do Luth Dr, Nurses, Interns Have Bad Attitudes? by legba1(m): 11:01am On May 19, 2011
i beg to disagree that customer service is not priority on nigerian business entity's agenda.may the the industry they operate in.come to tink of it,the government/pub;lic hospital treat you for almost free save for the drug you'd have to buy.as a result,trafic is alway higher and basically patronised by less priviledges.a private hospital will send an errant nurse parking if my wife should walk up to the medical director to complain about attitudes un-becoming of a nurse because d Md knows if i take my case file from them,that is minus one client that is hard to come by.
Re: Why Do Luth Dr, Nurses, Interns Have Bad Attitudes? by angelz(f): 11:10am On May 19, 2011
the painful aspect of this situation is that some of us consult the general hospital
because of their expertise.
Av patronise several private hospital and realize that they seem to want you to keep coming so that u'l obviously keep paying.
l was once treated for malaria in a private hospital while pregnant.
l went back 2 days after to complain of painful urination and the Dr.(another Dr. in the same hosp.) said l av infection.
i paid for treatment and to my amazement i realized l was given almost the same drug for both treatment with the exception of the injection which l dont know the content.
l didnt realise this until after taking the overdose.
When l went back, l overheard d 2nd Dr. telling the nurse that he didnt check my casenote.
that's a mistake they will hardly make in general hospital.
The government needs to do something about the inhumane treatment metted out to patients in those hospitals.
anyway, they (govt) wuldnt care cus they dont patronise them.
Re: Why Do Luth Dr, Nurses, Interns Have Bad Attitudes? by reindeer: 11:56am On May 19, 2011
Make no mistake, i am not defending bad behaviour. What i will not condone however is a generalisation without proof.
We know there are bad eggs everywhere, in every sector, in every endeavour in life, that should not be a basis for generalising.
How do you feel when a white man says all blacks are criminals because that is what he hears about all the time?how do you feel when people say all Nigerians are scammers because that is what makes the headlines
I do accept that there are many people without manners and that is true of both patients and health workers.
I am not a nurse, but i have worked with them before in Nigeria and i know the pressures they work under.
you can approach a doctor/nurse like he is a human being and ask questions and you will get answers and you can approach the same person with another attitude and you'll be given the cold shoulder. We are all humans and we know how we want to be approached.You must work somewhere too and maybe you deal with customers and i wonder how warm you'll be to someone whose demeanor alone makes you feel unwelcome.
Coming to the work, I worked in Nigeria for a few years befopre relocating. You can't compare the working environment in the UK to what you have in Nigeria.
I cannot see more than 6 patients in a clinic day. I have 30minutes apportioned for each patient and i have time to peruse case notes before they come in. Any of you who has ever been to LUTH before can please tell me how many patients wait to see one doctor, usually from 40-60 a day and you expect him to take time to explain everything in detail? It is impracticable. Moreover, this same person will probably be doing a weekend call(48hour shifts) after the clinic.
Nurses are trained to be compassionate on their patients, yes and i have seen so many of them do just that. There are bad eggs yes but they are not the rule and that i what i hope people get.
I understand people are anxious when they have a relative in the hospital, i know they need information, the environment just makes it hard for that to happen. Most nursing units are understaffed and have overworked nurses(i'm not talking about the plus sized matrons who never get off their seat).
So let's temper our expectations from these workers with reality and approach them like they are humans too.They are there to serve you, yes, but that doesn't make them slaves.
Someone remarked they get to the UK and start 'forming nice'', absolutely not.The environment makes them nice, with the EWTD in place, you can hardly ever be overworked.That alone, counts for something talkless of the renumeration.
Re: Why Do Luth Dr, Nurses, Interns Have Bad Attitudes? by gentlegg(m): 11:58am On May 19, 2011
I think is common with all government owned institutions especially FG owned.

I had a similar annoying experience last week at FMC Asaba. My wife gave birth there last week. I can't narrate all my experience there but the most annoying thing to me is when my wife and baby was discharged to go. They were discharged around 9.00AM and i asked for the bill, they told me to wait, that they have sent our file/folder to the department where they will cost it and send our bill. Oh boy i waited till 12pm and they've not sent the thing. When i tried asking the nurses the second time what is delaying the cost, infact they told me not to enter their ward/room again that is not their biz to cost. I went outside and waited till 3.00PM yet no info yet. I entered there to ask them again but met nurses on afternoon shift, i narrated my story to them, and they told me to keep waiting, i then asked them to tell me where the so called costing/accounting department is so i can go myself and ask what's delaying, they told me that is not my biz to go there, that i should keep waiting. i waited till 4PM, yet nothing. Around 4:30 the bill/cost finally was sent. To pay the bill is where my patience got drained, one nurse said i should follow her to where i will pay, when we got there, those people have left, the nurse complained that they shouldn't have left by then, somebody beside there then told us that they have system failure hence they can't compute any payment, that's why they left, she now ask us to trek down to the 2nd place we could also pay, the nurse with me complained that she can't trek there, i asked her to give me the folder/file she was carrying so i can carry it to the 2nd place and pay there, she said that she can't leave the file for me. She now told me to wait again for somebody else to come so that she will send me with the person. I waited like another 30mins yet the person have not come. I entered there to complain that they've really killed my time, the nurse almost pushed me out of the ward saying that infact am not authorized to enter inside there again, by now my patience are gone, i then went to SERVICOM office to complain, SERVICOM staffs now followed me to the nurses, it was at our arriving there that we saw the person she have been waiting for. By now i was really fuming, the SERVICOM staffs pleaded with me that since the person have come that i should now follow here to pay, i finally drove out with my wife and baby from the hospital around 5:30PM
Re: Why Do Luth Dr, Nurses, Interns Have Bad Attitudes? by reindeer: 12:12pm On May 19, 2011
gentlegg:

I think is common with all government owned institutions especially FG owned.

I had a similar annoying experience last week at FMC Asaba. My wife gave birth there last week. I can't narrate all my experience there but the most annoying thing to me is when my wife and baby was discharged to go. They were discharged around 9.00AM and i asked for the bill, they told me to wait, that they have sent our file/folder to the department where they will cost it and send our bill. Oh boy i waited till 12pm and they've not sent the thing. When i tried asking the nurses the second time what is delaying the cost, infact they told me not to enter their ward/room again that is not their biz to cost. I went outside and waited till 3.00PM yet no info yet. I entered there to ask them again but met nurses on afternoon shift, i narrated my story to them, and they told me to keep waiting, i then asked them to tell me where the so called costing/accounting department is so i can go myself and ask what's delaying, they told me that is not my biz to go there, that i should keep waiting. i waited till 4PM, yet nothing. Around 4:30 the bill/cost finally was sent. To pay the bill is where my patience got drained, one nurse said i should follow her to where i will pay, when we got there, those people have left, the nurse complained that they shouldn't have left by then, somebody beside there then told us that they have system failure hence they can't compute any payment, that's why they left, she now ask us to trek down to the 2nd place we could also pay, the nurse with me complained that she can't trek there, i asked her to give me the folder/file she was carrying so i can carry it to the 2nd place and pay there, she said that she can't leave the file for me. She now told me to wait again for somebody else to come so that she will send me with the person. I waited like another 30mins yet the person have not come. I entered there to complain that they've really killed my time, the nurse almost pushed me out of the ward saying that infact am not authorized to enter inside there again, by now my patience are gone, i then went to SERVICOM office to complain, SERVICOM staffs now followed me to the nurses, it was at our arriving there that we saw the person she have been waiting for. By now i was really fuming, the SERVICOM staffs pleaded with me that since the person have come that i should now follow here to pay, i finally drove out with my wife and baby from the hospital around 5:30PM

Your story just illustrated some of the things i was saying. A nurse followed you to pay, i'm sure she wasnt the bad one, another insulted you and almost pushed you out of the ward.
Secondly you were smart enought to know about SERVICOM and not just run to the internet to make generalisations.
Someone said it was only in Lagos you have bad nurses. . .well there you go.
It is not right to generalise and face the people you have problems with.
All workers in LUTH wear badges with their names. If you have a problem with anyone of their staff, take it to SERVICOM and write a complaint. The internet won't help you punish bad behaviour or give you redress.
Re: Why Do Luth Dr, Nurses, Interns Have Bad Attitudes? by Dextra(f): 12:58pm On May 19, 2011
Reindeer is the only person who had made a reasonable statement in ds forum. @Dis Guy, how do u know dat abortion is 5k? @All, u all come in here to show self righteousness whereas u are worst in ur respective places of work. Just because u encountered a single unfriendly health personnel in a public hosp, u rant nd generalize. U walk in2 d hospital nd treat dem as if they are ur servants, u can't even take simple instruction! How do u expect dem to respect u?
Re: Why Do Luth Dr, Nurses, Interns Have Bad Attitudes? by Tokotaya: 1:54pm On May 19, 2011
There is no excuse for rudeness to people. And anyone who has ever visited a govt hospital would agree that most of the personnel there from the docs to the cleaners treat patients and their relatives like dirt. If an average medical personnel in Nigeria takes his attitude to Britain, he/she will be sacked within one week. But funny enough, they turn on the best behaviour when they are in an environment where bad behaviour is punished.
Re: Why Do Luth Dr, Nurses, Interns Have Bad Attitudes? by nwaafo1: 2:07pm On May 19, 2011
Dextra:

Reindeer is the only person who had made a reasonable statement in ds forum. @Dis Guy, how do u know dat abortion is 5k? @All, u all come in here to show self righteousness whereas u are worst in your respective places of work. Just because u encountered a single unfriendly health personnel in a public hosp, u rant nd generalize. U walk in2 d hospital nd treat dem as if they are your servants, u can't even take simple instruction! How do u expect dem to respect u?
so after reading all the comments in this thread, you say it's only one that has made reasonable statement, you must be very unreasonable yourself angry
Re: Why Do Luth Dr, Nurses, Interns Have Bad Attitudes? by wendieposh: 2:39pm On May 19, 2011
Their work load is crazy! Plus their salaries are not
always paid on time or at all
Re: Why Do Luth Dr, Nurses, Interns Have Bad Attitudes? by MaiSuya(m): 2:39pm On May 19, 2011
thank God I'm no longer in the government setting. You nned to see the nonsense one has to put up with, and the end of it all one gets are insults.

While I agree some of the complaints here are genuine, based my personal experience I can say most of the folks here running their mouth here are only giving one side of the story.
Re: Why Do Luth Dr, Nurses, Interns Have Bad Attitudes? by Dextra(f): 2:47pm On May 19, 2011
@ Nwa afo, thanks. Does it mean that y'all have never encountered good and friendly health workers? How come all d post in NL abt them are so derogatory? Why do y'all capitalize on d negative? Do u stay wit dem 24 hrs or u just happend 2 visit hosp once in 5yrs? They do their best despite d workload. Does it hurt that they earn well? Nurses are angels!
Re: Why Do Luth Dr, Nurses, Interns Have Bad Attitudes? by dplordx(m): 3:06pm On May 19, 2011
wendieposh:

Their work load is crazy! Plus their salaries are not
always paid on time or at all

Is that a good excuse to show utter disregard to a fellow human being in pain. And utter disregard to human anguish?
These people especially the ones in Ikeja, are like monsters. Cold. Emotionless. With no bedside manners at all.
Its a shame these set of monsters are regarded as doctors or nurses because their paycheck is more important than their fellow human lives.
How pathetic!
Re: Why Do Luth Dr, Nurses, Interns Have Bad Attitudes? by Tokotaya: 3:36pm On May 19, 2011
Truth is the docs are even better. Most nurses are illiterate in their mentality.
Re: Why Do Luth Dr, Nurses, Interns Have Bad Attitudes? by Nobody: 3:48pm On May 19, 2011
If govt was paying them well. I am sure they will be much nicer
Re: Why Do Luth Dr, Nurses, Interns Have Bad Attitudes? by shirleyz: 3:57pm On May 19, 2011
Well, thank God i now know about servicom, cos i will report a lot of nurses. This is not about people coming in here to run their mouths, i am sure they have had bad experiences. I for one had several experiences when i was a student with this nurses, they are damn rude and most times my friends that take me to the hospital end up giving them a piece of their mind almost on all occassions, the doctors are better as they have listening ears. I have a doctor friend in LUTH who also complains bitterly about the nurses that he has to work with that they almost got a patient killed during his shift one day at work.

And the other day a colleague of mine had an accident, see the nonchalant attitude they put up and the victim was just crying and asking us if that was how he would just die. Nurses are damn rude, no offense.
Re: Why Do Luth Dr, Nurses, Interns Have Bad Attitudes? by reindeer: 4:09pm On May 19, 2011
Tokotaya:

Truth is the docs are even better. Most nurses are illiterate in their mentality.

We are not talking about auxillary nurses here.

Its sad people have to go through real or perceived mistreatment.
The only area i will really fault the majority of health workers is in giving information to patient and relatives. It is something not really taught in Nigeria. we need to be able to let patient know the gravity( or otherwise) of their conditions.
In my experience, the problem usually arises from a patient perceiving her/his ailment as an emergency when in a triage this will fall into a non urgent situation.
This was a common event in emergency room in the teaching hospitals. They wonder why you're leaving them to attend to the next guy who has just come in.I won't blame people for this, they havent been trained to recognise emergencies and the health worker who knows just doesn't seem to be listening to them. The health worker on the other hand knows their situation is not dire and will attend to the person with a worse condition first and while in the middle of this,relatives from the not-so ill pateint mount pressure on the dr/nurse wanting immediate attention to their patient. Sparks begin to fly and the Dr/Nurses is labelled uncaring and insensitive when there was just a communication gap.
Bottom line, the system makes it hard for effective and efficient health care delivery.
Drs and Nurses are doing their best, you only need to realise they are humans like you.If you have a problem, do what civilised people do, they take it up with SERVICOM and the hospital authorities. I see this internet campaign as seeking pity which wont make you or the system better.
Re: Why Do Luth Dr, Nurses, Interns Have Bad Attitudes? by lavante(m): 4:20pm On May 19, 2011
I work in luth and i v in a few hospitals. While not making any excuse for saucy ,cranky health official, i think its a reflection of the larger society plus patients come to the hospital when they v visited quacks and now expect a miracle, we r overworkd, u should go there leisurely and see ow ur doctors live yet workin round the clock with some miserly pay. Sorry if i hurt anyone.
Re: Why Do Luth Dr, Nurses, Interns Have Bad Attitudes? by lavante(m): 4:34pm On May 19, 2011
Plus thank u @reindeer, im so sad and overwhelmed by comments made by us. I wish we all push this passion a little further and see for ourselves.
Re: Why Do Luth Dr, Nurses, Interns Have Bad Attitudes? by caringchi(f): 4:48pm On May 19, 2011
nigerian medical personnel suck!!!

the worst thing that can happen to u, is to visit a government clinic/hospital, cos those guys (doctors, nurses, even their cleaners) are too insulting and inhumane.

the nurses are the worst.

cant forget my experience at Abia state taeching hospital when i was taking care of niece and nephew who were hospitalized.

GOD HELP US
Re: Why Do Luth Dr, Nurses, Interns Have Bad Attitudes? by DisGuy: 5:26pm On May 19, 2011
I see this internet campaign as seeking pity which wont make you or the system better.

can you imagine a medical doctor yet again thinking everyone making a complaint or stating their distaste to awful customer service is seeking sympathy

They are overworked
They are poorly paid
The society in general is rude
Everyone expects to be treated like kings bla blah

IF that's the case why is their strike always mostly about INCREASE IN SALARY and never strike on behalf of their fellow nurse and even patients
Strike for better equipments and fairer workload, these guys behave just like ASUU who only ever strike for wage increments but never  offer improve their own individual performance
Another worrying aspect is they refer you to nearby private clinics/hospital where they have financial interest, usually when they are on strike they are holed up here receiving fee paying customers, perhaps they are deliberately offering satanic  grin customer service so you have not option than to go private.

its not rocket science take a poll online or on the streets the result will overwhelmingly come back with the same result= extremely poor service, rude staff, scheming! its not enough to hide under come excuses of 'some' few bad eggs, the problem is there! admit it and deal with it, instead of always accusing genuine complaints as an attempt to 'spoil some non-existent' reputation!

PS: there are brilliant doctors/health workers out there, in fact when you come across these lot, you'd wonder if these people didnt attend the same lectures
Re: Why Do Luth Dr, Nurses, Interns Have Bad Attitudes? by hannydarl(f): 6:06pm On May 19, 2011
In BMH port harcourt when my mom was sick, the nurses attending to an elderly woman in my mom's ward were angry that she couldn't straighten her legs she was diabetic and had a big sore on the leg. Her son politely asked the nurse to take it easy on the old woman the nurses got angry and abandoned the woman for 3 good days cos her son dare "challenge" them the poor guy had to beg on his knees before they resumed treatment. wetin poor man fit do?
Re: Why Do Luth Dr, Nurses, Interns Have Bad Attitudes? by reindeer: 6:07pm On May 19, 2011
Dis Guy:

can you imagine a medical doctor yet again thinking everyone making a complaint or stating their distaste to awful customer service is seeking sympathy

They are overworked
They are poorly paid
The society in general is rude
Everyone expects to be treated like kings bla blah

IF that's the case why is their strike always mostly about INCREASE IN SALARY and never strike on behalf of their fellow nurse and even patients
Strike for better equipments and fairer workload, these guys behave just like ASUU who only ever strike for wage increments but never  offer improve their own individual performance
Another worrying aspect is they refer you to nearby private clinics/hospital where they have financial interest, usually when they are on strike they are holed up here receiving fee paying customers, perhaps they are deliberately offering satanic  grin customer service so you have not option than to go private.

its not rocket science take a poll online or on the streets the result will overwhelmingly come back with the same result= extremely poor service, rude staff, scheming! its not enough to hide under come excuses of 'some' few bad eggs, the problem is there! admit it and deal with it, instead of always accusing genuine complaints as an attempt to 'spoil some non-existent' reputation!

PS: there are brilliant doctors/health workers out there, in fact when you come across these lot, you'd wonder if these people didnt attend the same lectures

So what does the internet campaign hope to achieve?can you please let us know exactly just what this will achieve?
There are channels for complaints, there are channels for airing your grievances, there are processes in government hospitals for dealing with complaints. That will achieve results, crying on the internet won't do much.
I said this because i dont know what you expect here, we have agreed there is a problem, we have given reasons for the problem, we have identified ways in which it can be reduced. Ok what suggestions do you have?
Re: Why Do Luth Dr, Nurses, Interns Have Bad Attitudes? by TCD: 6:19pm On May 19, 2011
KDULAR:

LOL. Its soo funny seeing some comments here.

Why won't a Doctor ask first about the pay? Do you think we use cowries or money drops from heaven because you are a doctor?

When you people get one thing straight then we can move forward. We are Jus Hustlers as the next man, woman, banker, mechanic politician etc. We are working for our daily bread keyword here is BREAD. No one can survive wiout it. We don't phtosyntsynthesize.

You think I'll spend 10yrs plus of my OW.N life and millions of ₦ worth of my parents sweat blood and tears in training just to come and suffer for you? Do I look like Jesus christ?

If you think because I'm' a doctor then I'm running a charity then you are simply on a long thing.
Re: Why Do Luth Dr, Nurses, Interns Have Bad Attitudes? by DisGuy: 6:53pm On May 19, 2011
reindeer:

So what does the internet campaign hope to achieve?can you please let us know exactly just what this will achieve?
There are channels for complaints, there are channels for airing your grievances, there are processes in government hospitals for dealing with complaints. That will achieve results, crying on the internet won't do much.
I said this because i dont know what you expect here, we have agreed there is a problem, we have given reasons for the problem, we have identified ways in which it can be reduced. Ok what suggestions do you have?

still cant understand the use of the word campaign as if it some orchestrated attempt to label unprofessional doctors- there have only been two unrelated complaints about doctors in the past few weeks

what does the yapping on nairaland hope to achieve? what is being achieved by the commentators in the political section of the site?
it seems like you are from an environment/culture where genuine complaints is frowned upon, where feedback for improvement is just a buzzword;
the channels for complaints and processes for dealing with complaint are perhaps like many other things including the service they provide inefficient corrupt, and poorly regulated and with the attempts at defending these uncaring care workers, one shouldn't be surprised if patients are met with the same attitude of closing ranks and victimizing the complainer.
Re: Why Do Luth Dr, Nurses, Interns Have Bad Attitudes? by reindeer: 7:04pm On May 19, 2011
Dis Guy:

still cant understand the use of the word campaign as if it some orchestrated attempt to label unprofessional doctors- there have only been two unrelated complaints about doctors in the past few weeks

what does the yapping on nairaland hope to achieve? what is being achieved by the commentators in the political section of the site?
it seems like you are from an environment/culture where genuine complaints is frowned upon, where feedback for improvement is just a buzzword;
the channels for complaints and processes for dealing with complaint are perhaps like many other things including the service they provide inefficient corrupt, and poorly regulated and with the attempts at defending these uncaring care workers, one shouldn't be surprised if patients are met with the same attitude of closing ranks and victimizing the complainer.

wrong.

Genuine complains not directed to the right quaters should be frowned upon.It is wasteful and will not achieve anything. There you go again generalising about outcomes of feedback. Have you ever made any feedback formally that was not acted upon?You are assuming and basing your conclusions on hearsay and generalising based on that.I think there's something wrong in that and i wonder why you dont see anything wrong in your approach.You can only change things by doing things properly and in a well thought out manner. Have you ever sued a hospital and they didnt show up in court?have you ever sued a doctor/nurse and they showed contempt of court?what have you done to show grievances?
Sitting down behind a computer lamenting i repeat brings no changes, if you or any of the aggrieved members take action, then you may expect some things to change.
This is the fundamental Nigerian problem, you sit and complain and do nothing and expect change.There is a problem ,agreed, but you have to make effort if you want change. If you have a compelling case, go to SERVICOM, sue the doctor or the hospital or go to the MDCN which has a strong disciplinary committe. It is by doing things like these that advanced countries have developed better systems.
Save for doing the above, i see all the complaints on this forum as meaningless rant which will achieve nothing.
Re: Why Do Luth Dr, Nurses, Interns Have Bad Attitudes? by Thirst4Lif: 7:17pm On May 19, 2011
all you see is degraded human conditions and yet you are not paid enough for the horrors

Then they shouldn't take the job! The patient doesn't decide what nurses should be paid. And if it weren't

FOR the patients they would not be receiving whatever nurses pay they do get! Someone should remind

nurses of that!!
Re: Why Do Luth Dr, Nurses, Interns Have Bad Attitudes? by MMM2(m): 7:30pm On May 19, 2011
most of dem do drugs.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

COVID-19 Update For December 8 2020 In Nigeria / C-section Delivery: How Many Times Is Too Much? / Coronavirus: NPA Places Asian Vessels On Red Alert Over COVID-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.