Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,015 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? (11155 Views)

The Second Coming Of Christ Or The Rapture? / If You Were Born Into A Christian Home, You Are Forever Saved, Except / Was Christianity Religion Founded By Jesus Christ Or Apostle Paul ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by DropsMic(m): 9:34am On Aug 15, 2021
JESUS grin
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by hakym619(m): 9:35am On Aug 15, 2021
AntiChristian:
I am the head of my family!

Christ can only be the head of his family when he marries!

Boss

3 Likes

Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by psalmistkakah(m): 9:35am On Aug 15, 2021
Ur creator is d head of d family.. He provide for u by giving the strength to hustle and make people to favour u also
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by jnrbayano(m): 9:36am On Aug 15, 2021
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by illicit(m): 9:36am On Aug 15, 2021
pocohantas:

Nawa

In some homes na the pikin dey pay bills o. Hope you know? cheesy cheesy

Yes now

U will see how the parents will wait on them and take directives from them cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by SeriouslySense(m): 9:36am On Aug 15, 2021
Its God, then Child, then woman, then man. I will be the servant in the house. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by Crunchyg2: 9:37am On Aug 15, 2021
Christ is the unseen head of a Christian home but the husband is the seen head of a Christian home just how God is the unseen father of a Christian while the earthly father of the Christian is the seen father

8 Likes

Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by Nobody: 9:37am On Aug 15, 2021
Husband remain the head.
Christ already have where he's heading, no forget say he get pikin ( Jesus) so that's why it is called Jesus Christ because Christ is the surname grin
And na only one place he born.
Sometimes man is not the head of the house if he born one oloshoo whay they pay the bill in such case the man is Belle and the wife is the Chest. grin
I hope you understand me well.
Happy Sunday to nairaLanders.
I go better for all of us.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by saxby(f): 9:38am On Aug 15, 2021
which kind quest come be this one? you wan compare Christ with man now?

3 Likes

Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by blaise26abj(m): 9:39am On Aug 15, 2021
Feminists masquerading as bible teacher and revelation minister . It won’t work !

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by IJOBA11: 9:39am On Aug 15, 2021
GasAndOilTheory:

Post evidence of where he scammed your father
HE SCAMMED THE SO CALLED EARLY CHRISTIANS BY TELLING THEM THAT GOD GAVE BIRTH TO CHRIST, HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON cool

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by Ikwerelastborn: 9:40am On Aug 15, 2021
pocohantas:

Nawa

In some homes na the pikin dey pay bills o. Hope you know? cheesy cheesy
Then the pikin becomes the head tongue

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by Umsworld: 9:40am On Aug 15, 2021
WHO CARES,For all I care the Christian family can be headless or headed by a dog.Evil pretenders

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by Ikwerelastborn: 9:41am On Aug 15, 2021
maureensylvia:
Husband of course
Christ is the head of the church

Are you gonna have sex with Christ ni

My husband is the head of my home and of course the Christ I'm seeing
Leave them to be twisting the bible for their selfish gains

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by danilmo: 9:43am On Aug 15, 2021
vickydankal:
Christ - husband - wife - children.... That is the order

The children position na wen them dey small o.. especially a male Child, once a male child come of age(30+). If God now butter her bread well she now has 3+ males.. shocked

I'm a male real nigga and I'm like my mum second husband, my mum wey be oga for her working place but na we be her oga for house grin
we male we too get domineering wahala. cheesy

But wen it comes to spiritual matter, my mum takes the lead..

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by SeriouslySense(m): 9:43am On Aug 15, 2021
grin grin grin grin grin
Ikwerelastborn:

Then the pikin becomes the head tongue
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by legacystore: 9:44am On Aug 15, 2021
illicit:
Whoever foots the bills is the head

grin they said christian home not worldly home
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by Ikwerelastborn: 9:45am On Aug 15, 2021
saphiere:
JESUS CHRIST IS.

God has made man and woman equally.

Galatians 3:28 ESV
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
Then go and marry a man,why are u always crying men fvck u and dump u tongue tongue tongue

4 Likes

Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by Nobody: 9:45am On Aug 15, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband?

There cannot be two heads of a Christian home, for a man cannot serve two masters. Matthew 6:24

Therefore It has to be one or the other, so which is it?

I have heard some say or seen a written message in some homes, "Christ is the head of this house." On the other hand, i have also heard some claim that the husband is the head of the home or marriage, therefore I would like to know which is really true, since both cannot be right at the same time.

If Christ is the head of the home, then both the husband and wife ought to submit themselves to the authority of Christ. But if it's the husband instead, then the woman has to submit herself to the authority of the husband.

My own belief is that Christ ought to be the head of every Christian home, so both the husband and wife ought to submit themselves to His own authority.

Anything contrary to that is not of God, but of men or the devil, hence it would only lead to dangerous repercussions in the home, as it was in the beginning when the husband and wife both rejected the authority of Christ, even the Word of God that was in the beginning, and chose to listen and heed the voice of someone else.

Although the marriage didn't end up in a divorce as a result, and they wear yet able to bear children, it became a total failure as the purpose for which God made the marriage, which was to multiply sinless children (those born in obedience), was not achieved.

It also led to hostility in the marriage, because the same man who loved his wife and called her "the bone of my bones" and "flesh of my flesh", now saw her as an enemy or a stranger called "the woman you gave me". Genesis 2:23; 3:12

So the authority and head of a Christian home, as God made it to be in the beginning, ought to be the Word of God which Christ is, and that's one of things which was in the beginning that Christ came to restore. Therefore taking that authority from Him and giving it to someone else, including the husband, would only prevent the purpose of God concerning the marriage from being fulfilled, and could also lead to hostility among the married couples.

That's what would have happened in the marriage of Smith Wigglesworth, as the husband thought he was the head of their home, and had authority over his wife, hence tried to use it against her and to prevent her from serving God as she ought to, when he derailed from the faith.

But thank God he had a wife who knew that he was just her husband, not her Head or Head of their marriage, but Jesus, as she'd let Him know. So he couldn't make her do things contrary to what Christ demands of her, because she was meant to be under Christ's authority, not his.

This eventually led to her husband's restoration to the faith, and for this reason he loved appreciated his wife much more than he'd ever done beforehand, because what he learnt from the wife in the process was an invaluable lesson, which had not only helped to restore him, but also made him to be a better vessel for God's use, and better husband for his wife and marriage.

That's what many Christian' marriage stands to lose whenever someone else is put in the placed of Christ as the Head of a Christian home. It ends up more or less as the marriage in the beginning, when God's purpose for the marriage was not achieved.

And once that purpose is not achieved, the marriage become a total failure even if it doesn't end in divorce and they're yet having children as Adam and Eve, because God purpose for a Christian marriage that determines the success of a marriage, not that of man.

So it's up to choose who will be the head of your home, but if it's not Christ, do not expect Him to also act as the Head, because He cannot share His position or authority in any marriage or home with anyone. It's either Him in charge or not Him.

God bless.
Stop using nonsense examples. I have read this crap I put in red many times. If you allow me take you to the history of Wigglesworth, you will not like me. This same way, you started forming a miracle man that time. The miracle you haven't achieved.

Wigglesworth was nothing from the beginning. His wife taught him how to read and write. Get that into your head. The woman was able to resist him at any point cos she had "mouth" in the marriage. It is not only as a result of her faith. She made the man. Forget about the miracles of Wigglesworth. Also, you need to know the back bone of his ministry. When that man died, Wigglesworth went down also. So, this shows some people play behind the scene roles many dont see. All the athletes and sportsmen you see are made behind the scene. The day the man who discovered Iron Mike Tyson died was the beginning of the end of his career. And he never recovered from it.

Now listen, you have been answered by the people above. Whoever pays the bill is the head of the house. If the man is sensible, he will not sell his right like how Esau sold his own. All the men fighting the feminists are not reasonable. I was shocked when David Oyedepo mentioned it cos I respected him more than that. Maybe the issue is causing wahala around him. But real men dont even care.

If you marry a woman who is more influential, and you know you have no capacity to develop yourself, you are on your own. She will knock your head. So, trying to cage women, or using what we know to cage them will not work. We know God is the head of everyone...but the Bible says the man is the head. So, dont bring a useless teaching up. If the man relinquishes his right by not doing what is right, that is his wahala. You see a bully in a woman when dating, and you dont show her you are more bully so she can relax, but you expect to be the man. She will knock your head very well. You better leave such bully and let a man who can handle her take her. You see a woman with loaded cash and you know you dont have the capability to make more than her, and you want her to respect you like a dummy, such man is a f.ool. Learn from Kanye West. Despite the empire of the Kadashian, and despite his mental challenges, that is a man. A man Kim ran after even while in divorce. She felt Kanye will be running after her or will break down cos of the divorce threat. Not knowing baba will start "balling". Sharply, baba go carry Ronaldo's ex babe. The thing pepper Kim.

I am a Christian, but I am realistic and I am a "baller". I dont go near who I know is tough for me to handle. And I know many Naija men who will just "chop" and quit cos they know they cannot cope. Some dont want to just chop, but when the signals are there, they bail themselves out. When you are dating an American or British and even before marriage, she is already threatening you with police and FBI, and you still decide to put her in your house, or you married and stayed in her house.....the man is a fo.ol. I do not pity such men. I remember the Oyefeso naija man who dated one of the Braxons. Lol. Sharp man wanted to use her to be a celebrity too, but he is stu.pid. He saw the kind of lady she is and he went ahead. Look at the rubbish he went through. An Ivy League graduate for that matter who still relies on the fame of a girl. Fo.olish man. I lost respect for the man.

So, teach people well. We know Christ is the head of the church....but Bible says the man is the head of the home. Dont ever twist it. The Bible says Eve is a helper....yes, equal but she helped Adam. Two pilots cannot fly a plan. One must be the boss of the other. So, the man also must subject himself to Christ.

This is a feminism era cos men have sold their rights. And it is normal. Stop teaching rubbish sir.

Goodluck!

11 Likes

Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by SeriouslySense(m): 9:46am On Aug 15, 2021
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Such a long reply.

Let make the children the head of the house, but we will not let them know.

PeaceJoyLove:

Stop using nonsense examples. I have read this crap o put in red many times. If you allow me take you to the history of Wigglesworth, you will not like me. This same way, you started forming a miracle man that time. The miracle you haven't achieved.

Wigglesworth was nothing from the beginning. His wife taught him how to read and write. Get that into your head. The woman was able to resist him at any point cos she had "mouth" in the marriage. It is not only as a result of her faith. She made the man. Forget about the miracles of Wigglesworth. Also, you need to know the back bone of his ministry. When that man died, Wigglesworth went down also. So, this shows some people play behind the scene roles many dont see. All the athletes and sportsmen you see are made behind the scene. The day the man who discovered Iron Mike Tyson died was the beginning of the end of his career. And he never recovered from it.

Now listen, you have been answered by the people above. Whoever pays the bill is the head of the house. If the man is sensible, he will not sell his right like how Esau sold his own. All the men fighting the feminists are not reasonable. I was shocked when David Oyedepp mentioned it cos I respected it more than that. Maybe the issue is causing wahala in around him. But real men dont even care.

If you marry a woman who is more influential, and you know you habe no Capacity to develop yourself, you are on your own. She will knock your head. So, trying to cage a woman, or using what we know to cage them will not work. We know God is the head of everyone...but the Bible says the man is the head. So, dont bring a useless teaching up. If the man relinquishes his right by not doing what is right, that is his wahala. You see a bully in a woman when dating, and you dont show her yoy are more bully so she can relax, but you expect to be the man. She will knock your head very well. You better leave such bully and let a man who can handle her take her. You see a woman with loaded cash and you know you dont have the capability to make more than her, and you want her to respect you like a dummies, such man is a f.ool. Learn from Kanye West. Despite the empire of the Kadashian, and despite his mental challenges, that is a man. A man Kim ran after even while in divorce. She felt Kanye will be running after her or will break down cos of the divorce threat. Not knowing baba will start "balling". Sharply, baba go carry Ronaldo's ex babe. The thing pepper Kim.

I am a Christian, but I am realistic and I am a "baller". I dont go near who I know is tough for me to handle. And I know many Naija men who will just "chop" and quit cos they know they cannot cope. Some dont want to just chop, but when the signals are there, they bail themselves out. When you are dating an American or British and even before marriage, she is already threatening you with police and FBI, and you still decide to put her in your house, or you married and stayed in her house.....the man is a fo.ol. I do not pity such men. I remember the Oyefeso naija man who dated one of the Braxons. Lol. Sharp man wanted to use her to be a celebrity too, but he is stu.pid. He saw the kind of lady she is and he went ahead. Look at the rubbish he went through. An Ivy League graduate for that matter who still relies on the game of a girl. Fo.olish man. I lost respect for the man.

So, teach people well. We know Christ is the head of the church....but Bible says the man is the head of the home. Dont ever twist it. The Bible says Eve is a helper....yes, equal but she helped Adam. Two pilots cannot fly a plan. One must be the boss of the other. So, the man also must subject himself to Christ.

This is a feminism era cos men have sold their rights. And it is normal. Stop teaching rubbish sir.

Goodluck!

Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by ladychioma: 9:49am On Aug 15, 2021
Christ is the head of Christian homes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by skywalker240(m): 9:50am On Aug 15, 2021
TechNana:
The head of every home whether christian or not is the husband according to primary setup plan from the Devine.

Christ or whatever supreme being the family believes in, comes as secondary. According to Christianity, Christ is the head of the church not the home, I stand to be corrected though.

In other ways if you'd got good internet gadgets and you're not earning @least 2,500 ngn on a daily basis from your online activities then you're behind.
Reach out to T-elegram, search and join "VFL DAIRY"
I'd be dropping free tutorials on how you can achieve daily income via VFL...
i like the VFL idea Ma

whats your insignia ma?
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by GhostWisperer: 9:51am On Aug 15, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband?

There cannot be two heads of a Christian home, for a man cannot serve two masters. Matthew 6:24

Therefore It has to be one or the other, so which is it?

I have heard some say or seen a written message in some homes, "Christ is the head of this house." On the other hand, i have also heard some claim that the husband is the head of the home or marriage, therefore I would like to know which is really true, since both cannot be right at the same time.

If Christ is the head of the home, then both the husband and wife ought to submit themselves to the authority of Christ. But if it's the husband instead, then the woman has to submit herself to the authority of the husband.

My own belief is that Christ ought to be the head of every Christian home, so both the husband and wife ought to submit themselves to His own authority.

Anything contrary to that is not of God, but of men or the devil, hence it would only lead to dangerous repercussions in the home, as it was in the beginning when the husband and wife both rejected the authority of Christ, even the Word of God that was in the beginning, and chose to listen and heed the voice of someone else.

Although the marriage didn't end up in a divorce as a result, and they wear yet able to bear children, it became a total failure as the purpose for which God made the marriage, which was to multiply sinless children (those born in obedience), was not achieved.

It also led to hostility in the marriage, because the same man who loved his wife and called her "the bone of my bones" and "flesh of my flesh", now saw her as an enemy or a stranger called "the woman you gave me". Genesis 2:23; 3:12

So the authority and head of a Christian home, as God made it to be in the beginning, ought to be the Word of God which Christ is, and that's one of things which was in the beginning that Christ came to restore. Therefore taking that authority from Him and giving it to someone else, including the husband, would only prevent the purpose of God concerning the marriage from being fulfilled, and could also lead to hostility among the married couples.

That's what would have happened in the marriage of Smith Wigglesworth, as the husband thought he was the head of their home, and had authority over his wife, hence tried to use it against her and to prevent her from serving God as she ought to, when he derailed from the faith.

But thank God he had a wife who knew that he was just her husband, not her Head or Head of their marriage, but Jesus, as she'd let Him know. So he couldn't make her do things contrary to what Christ demands of her, because she was meant to be under Christ's authority, not his.

This eventually led to her husband's restoration to the faith, and for this reason he loved appreciated his wife much more than he'd ever done beforehand, because what he learnt from the wife in the process was an invaluable lesson, which had not only helped to restore him, but also made him to be a better vessel for God's use, and better husband for his wife and marriage.

That's what many Christian' marriage stands to lose whenever someone else is put in the placed of Christ as the Head of a Christian home. It ends up more or less as the marriage in the beginning, when God's purpose for the marriage was not achieved.

And once that purpose is not achieved, the marriage become a total failure even if it doesn't end in divorce and they're yet having children as Adam and Eve, because God purpose for a Christian marriage that determines the success of a marriage, not that of man.

So it's up to choose who will be the head of your home, but if it's not Christ, do not expect Him to also act as the Head, because He cannot share His position or authority in any marriage or home with anyone. It's either Him in charge or not Him.

God bless.
from your name Jesusjnr,you're no better or worse than an antichrist and a devil made manifest.

Wife submit yourself unto your husband. It is finished. Husband is the head of the home and Christ the head of the church.

So your question should be who's head of the church? Not the home.

You're obviously a pastor looking to keep your ill-gotten stream of wealth from naive disobedient women coming.

But we will expose you.

Lazy thief!

5 Likes

Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by blaise26abj(m): 9:52am On Aug 15, 2021
Ikwerelastborn:

Leave them to be twisting the bible for their selfish gains
Work of feminists . They have looked for ways to attack and discredit what Paul said in Ephesians 5:22 . Because once they do that , they would have successfully destroyed one of the foundations of marriage in Christianity .
These devils want to discredit disciples that heard and dined with Christ himself . People that first received the Holy Spirit and were inspired to Write the Gospel .
May God forgive them

4 Likes

Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by SeriouslySense(m): 9:53am On Aug 15, 2021
Lol, you people have started again, grin grin grin grin

GhostWisperer:
from your name Jesusjnr,you're no better or worse than an antichrist and a devil made manifest.

Wife submit yourself into your husband. It is finished. Husband is the head of the home and Christ the head of the church.

So your question should be who's head of the church? Not the home.

You're obviously a pastor looking to keep your ill-gotten stream of wealth from naive disobedient women coming.

But we will expose you.

Lazy thief!
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by timothydare(m): 9:54am On Aug 15, 2021
1 Corinthian 11:3
Ans, Husband.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by ShineJane(f): 9:56am On Aug 15, 2021
Op. Look like you don't really understand scripture, Christ ain't in the category of men to drag headship of a home wit u.
Marriage is stressful on it own so as a man u can choose to submit to God to assist you or u rule yourself and continue in misery ( dt wen u hear pple say marriage is blah blah).
The biblical hierarchy of marriage is Wife submit to the husband and husband submit to Christ. Meaning the head of the woman is the man while the head of the man is Christ.(Read Ephesian 5 vs 22- end)
Phephads the husband is unbeliever the Bible still want d wife to submit to dere husband so dt 2ru dere submittion she can win him to Christ (1 Peter 3 vs 1-2). (That is why is super important u don't marry wrongly)
I hope I answered your questions and please study the Bible more to understand better d subject.

Shalom.

8 Likes

Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by bepositive11: 9:56am On Aug 15, 2021
illicit:
Whoever foots the bills is the head

So the woman becomes the head if she foots the bills if her husband should lose his job?

Men should stop basing their value on money
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by TechNana(f): 9:57am On Aug 15, 2021
skywalker240:

i like the VFL idea Ma

whats your insignia ma?

None for now.

Just join my dairy channel and stay tuned...
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by Lovalovaphunmz(f): 10:00am On Aug 15, 2021
My husband and i
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by Ofemini(m): 10:00am On Aug 15, 2021

"My own belief is that Christ ought to be the head of every Christian home, so both the husband and wife ought to submit themselves to His own authority".

Let us make one thing clear, when it comes to divine instruction of scriptures, what you believe does not hold if it does not align with the Bible.
Look at this
Eph.5.23 - For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

A man is to present his family to God;
1Cor.11.3 - But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

What is the implication of this?
A man who does not take the responsibility of leadership in his home can not present anything to God and God can not automatically take the leadership responsibility of a home where the man is irresponsible.
It's going against divine order set by God himself.

It's therefore safe to say, a man is the head of his home and he is answerable to God.

Peace to you!

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by olaolulazio(m): 10:02am On Aug 15, 2021
grin
oluwaseyi0:
If Christ foot the bill he's the head

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"Jesus Is" By Clayton Jennings. Spoken Word Lyrics. / EVOLUTION SPOILER!: Soft Tissue In Dinosaur Fossil, University Settles Scientist / I Am Not Blaspheming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.