Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? (11153 Views)

The Second Coming Of Christ Or The Rapture? / If You Were Born Into A Christian Home, You Are Forever Saved, Except / Was Christianity Religion Founded By Jesus Christ Or Apostle Paul ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by bepositive11: 12:50pm On Aug 15, 2021
illicit:

In reality, the moment the woman becomes the breadwinner, she becomes the head

Try it and see

Not all women are like that. Some women are still humble and respectful even when they're earning more. Men have to look for the right woman
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by AbujaCitiBlog: 12:50pm On Aug 15, 2021
illicit:

U are too low, I can't even reason with u

Ur insults belong to u and ur stupid god
illicit your name defines you. You seriously have low self esteem, poor judgement and lack basic communication skills. Infact, you sound like a Yahoo boy who can destroy any and everything just for money. You don't have what it takes to have intellectual discus. You are nothing but a slave to Mammon!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by illicit(m): 12:52pm On Aug 15, 2021
AbujaCitiBlog:
illicit your name defines you. You seriously have low self esteem, poor judgement and lack basic communication skills. Infact, you sound like a Yahoo boy who can destroy any and everything just for money. You don't have what it takes to have intellectual discus. You are nothing but a slave to Mammon!

What is this one saying
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by enthronedbyGod1: 12:52pm On Aug 15, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband?

My own belief is that Christ ought to be the head of every Christian home, so both the husband and wife ought to submit themselves to His own authority.

Anything contrary to that is not of God, but of men or the devil, hence it would only lead to dangerous repercussions in the home, as it was in the beginning when the husband and wife both rejected the authority of Christ, even the Word of God that was in the beginning, and chose to listen and heed the voice of someone else.

God bless.

You started by saying it's your belief and ended here by saying anything contrary to your belief isn't of God. If you had said this message was inspired by God's word or the Holy Spirit I would have ignored.

Now I'm going to quote the words of Christ that you highly hold unto , to counter this belief.

Matthew 19: 4 And He( Jesus Christ) answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that He( Jehovah Elohim) which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they both shall be one flesh.

Looking at the words of Christ here , He clearly says the man came before the woman when Jehovah Elohim was creating humans, Jesus went further to say that the man shall leave his father and mother , note He( Christ) didn't say the woman was the one to leave but the man, secondly He( Christ) didn't say the man would leave his mother and father , but the man would leave his father and mother. Placing the father first in all circumstances before the mother.
The woman also wasn't the one to leave but the man , this means for the woman to leave , the man has to come with his authority given to him by God to take her away. This is why when a woman marries she bears her husband's name and not the other way round. This is also why genealogies in the scriptures mostly mention only men, because God ordained the man to be the head of the family.
Christ is the head of the church and the church is likened to Christ's bride.
If the church is Christ's bride and He's the head , then the human bridegroom is the head of the human bride.
I intentionally didn't quote the epistles cos I know you don't agree with most of Paul's sayings.

Any belief contrary to Christ's own laid down principle is not of God, but of the flesh.
This does not in any way make the woman inferior to the man, nor the man superior to the woman , it's just how God has ordained it to be in the family settings and going contrary to God's own word is rebellion.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by highoctane: 1:00pm On Aug 15, 2021
The Bible states, ' But I want you to know that the head of every man is the Christ; in turn, the head of a woman is the man in turn, the head of the Christ is God 1Corinthians 11vs 3. Within the context of this scripture it is always for a incumbent for a Christian woman who respect God to obey this chain of headship from even if she is a director in a corporate body and the husband is a Keke operator. There is no democracy in a Christian home but theocracy.
How is the man the head of his family? Is to follow the examples of Christ leadership skill, which he demonstrated in his dealings with his apostles, the primary requirement for the husband over his family is spiritual, he stands as the priest raising hands of prayer for his family.
2: Is material care, the Bible says ' Certainly if anyone does not provide for those who are his own, and especially for those who are members of his household, he has disowned the faith and is worse than a person without faith. 1st Timothy 5vs 8. 'Quotation take from the New World translation of the Holy Scriptures'. A w Christian woman knowa that getting married is never a life of ease to enjoy her husband fortune or hard work, she must be a contributor
Proverbs Chapter 31 verse 20-31.
Who can find a capable* wife?
Her value is far more than that of corals.
11 Her husband trusts her from his heart,
And he lacks nothing of value.
12 She rewards him with good, not bad,
All the days of her life.
13 She obtains wool and linen;
She delights to work with her hands.
14 She is like the ships of a merchant,+
Bringing her food in from afar.
15 She also rises while it is still night,
Providing food for her household
And portions for her female servants.
16 She sets her mind on a field and buys it;
She plants a vineyard from her own labors.
17 She prepares herself for hard work.
And she strengthens her arms.
18 She sees that her trading is profitable;
Her lamp does not go out at night.
19 Her hands seize the distaff,
And her hands take hold of the spindle.
20 She extends her palm to the lowly one,
And she opens her hands to the poor.
21 She does not worry about her household because of the snow,
For her whole household is clothed in warm* garments.
22 She makes her own bed covers.
Her clothing is of linen and purple wool.
23 Her husband is well-known in the city gates,+
Where he sits among the elders of the land.
24 She makes and sells linen garments
And supplies belts to the merchants.
25 She is clothed with strength and splendor,
And she looks to the future with confidence.
26 She opens her mouth in wisdom;+
The law of kindness is on her tongue.
27 She watches over the activity of her household,
And the bread of laziness she does not eat.
28 Her children rise up and declare her happy;
Her husband rises up and praises her.
29 There are many capable women,
But you—you surpass them all.
30 Charm may be false, and beauty may be fleeting
But the woman who fears Jehovah will be praised.
31 Give her the reward for what she does,
And let her works praise her in the city gates.
Quotation taken from New World Translation of The Holy Scriptures.

Here all are involved in making the home a happy one in terms of contributing to the needs of the family, but the man takes active role in this aspect, even if it involves taking up a menial jobs to put food on the table, he determines how to manage the homes budget seeking the opinions of the wife, including that of older income earning children who are living under his roof.

A husband will make sure that he hangs the bag of his family where he's hands can reach.
I am talking of a Christian home, if any one disputes I have no other to wrangle about with undue argument.
If a man plays the role of a wife in his home, he will not inherit God's Kingdom nor a wife who drags or usurp her husband head ship in a Christian home.
Develop the mind of God and of the Christ at https://www.jw.org

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by jesusjnr2020(m): 1:06pm On Aug 15, 2021
Hmm...
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by jesustheissue: 1:18pm On Aug 15, 2021
You said, "My belief is that Christ ought to be the ......". Can your belief be established from the Bible? If yes, it's taken but if no, then it remains your personal belief and nothing more!
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by Afobaba33(m): 1:28pm On Aug 15, 2021
for you to ask this foolish question by pitching man with GOD:
The Bible says Christ is the head of the church while He(Christ) choose man(husband)as the head of the Christian home.
Take it or leave it
After all no one is forcing marriage on you
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by Afobaba33(m): 1:39pm On Aug 15, 2021
[I only pity your reasons quote author=jesusjnr2020 post=104808314]Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband?

There cannot be two heads of a Christian home, for a man cannot serve two masters. Matthew 6:24

Therefore It has to be one or the other, so which is it?

I have heard some say or seen a written message in some homes, "Christ is the head of this house." On the other hand, i have also heard some claim that the husband is the head of the home or marriage, therefore I would like to know which is really true, since both cannot be right at the same time.

If Christ is the head of the home, then both the husband and wife ought to submit themselves to the authority of Christ. But if it's the husband instead, then the woman has to submit herself to the authority of the husband.

My own belief is that Christ ought to be the head of every Christian home, so both the husband and wife ought to submit themselves to His own authority.

Anything contrary to that is not of God, but of men or the devil, hence it would only lead to dangerous repercussions in the home, as it was in the beginning when the husband and wife both rejected the authority of Christ, even the Word of God that was in the beginning, and chose to listen and heed the voice of someone else.

Although the marriage didn't end up in a divorce as a result, and they wear yet able to bear children, it became a total failure as the purpose for which God made the marriage, which was to multiply sinless children (those born in obedience), was not achieved.

It also led to hostility in the marriage, because the same man who loved his wife and called her "the bone of my bones" and "flesh of my flesh", now saw her as an enemy or a stranger called "the woman you gave me". Genesis 2:23; 3:12

So the authority and head of a Christian home, as God made it to be in the beginning, ought to be the Word of God which Christ is, and that's one of things which was in the beginning that Christ came to restore. Therefore taking that authority from Him and giving it to someone else, including the husband, would only prevent the purpose of God concerning the marriage from being fulfilled, and could also lead to hostility among the married couples.

That's what would have happened in the marriage of Smith Wigglesworth, as the husband thought he was the head of their home, and had authority over his wife, hence tried to use it against her and to prevent her from serving God as she ought to, when he derailed from the faith.

But thank God he had a wife who knew that he was just her husband, not her Head or Head of their marriage, but Jesus, as she'd let Him know. So he couldn't make her do things contrary to what Christ demands of her, because she was meant to be under Christ's authority, not his.

This eventually led to her husband's restoration to the faith, and for this reason he loved appreciated his wife much more than he'd ever done beforehand, because what he learnt from the wife in the process was an invaluable lesson, which had not only helped to restore him, but also made him to be a better vessel for God's use, and better husband for his wife and marriage.

That's what many Christian' marriage stands to lose whenever someone else is put in the placed of Christ as the Head of a Christian home. It ends up more or less as the marriage in the beginning, when God's purpose for the marriage was not achieved.

And once that purpose is not achieved, the marriage become a total failure even if it doesn't end in divorce and they're yet having children as Adam and Eve, because God purpose for a Christian marriage that determines the success of a marriage, not that of man.

So it's up to choose who will be the head of your home, but if it's not Christ, do not expect Him to also act as the Head, because He cannot share His position or authority in any marriage or home with anyone. It's either Him in charge or not Him.

God bless.[/quote]
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by cosmos2000(m): 2:08pm On Aug 15, 2021
pocohantas:

Nawa

In some homes na the pikin dey pay bills o. Hope you know? cheesy cheesy
I swear ooh
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by Nauttyprof(m): 2:10pm On Aug 15, 2021
I just don't understand the way people just want to find something new to say. Just absolute nonsense.

Bible clearly says Husband is the Head of the wife. One person wants to create nonsense in the name of typing. No one disputes the place of Christ being the Head of the Home but there must be physical head in any Christian home. Just as Christ is the Head of the church, there is still a physical leader of the Church called the Pastor.

People in the name of wanting to say something new will always get themselves confuse in nonsense.
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by InvertedHammer: 2:34pm On Aug 15, 2021
/
Whoever started the family owns it.

I believe that Christ is in heaven minding his business but Nigerians won't let him rest as if they are the only Christians.

/
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by livingchrist: 2:41pm On Aug 15, 2021
Satanjnr is gradually exposing himself [although he has already exposed himself along time ago for some of us]. grin the one that declared Allah to be his God, lied against the holy spirit, castigate the gospel of Jesus.
Jesusjnr satanjnr indeed.

I just pray op repent from this rebellious way he has choosen.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by Polchiz(m): 3:16pm On Aug 15, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

Stop using nonsense examples. I have read this crap I put in red many times. If you allow me take you to the history of Wigglesworth, you will not like me. This same way, you started forming a miracle man that time. The miracle you haven't achieved.

Wigglesworth was nothing from the beginning. His wife taught him how to read and write. Get that into your head. The woman was able to resist him at any point cos she had "mouth" in the marriage. It is not only as a result of her faith. She made the man. Forget about the miracles of Wigglesworth. Also, you need to know the back bone of his ministry. When that man died, Wigglesworth went down also. So, this shows some people play behind the scene roles many dont see. All the athletes and sportsmen you see are made behind the scene. The day the man who discovered Iron Mike Tyson died was the beginning of the end of his career. And he never recovered from it.

Now listen, you have been answered by the people above. Whoever pays the bill is the head of the house. If the man is sensible, he will not sell his right like how Esau sold his own. All the men fighting the feminists are not reasonable. I was shocked when David Oyedepo mentioned it cos I respected him more than that. Maybe the issue is causing wahala around him. But real men dont even care.

If you marry a woman who is more influential, and you know you have no capacity to develop yourself, you are on your own. She will knock your head. So, trying to cage women, or using what we know to cage them will not work. We know God is the head of everyone...but the Bible says the man is the head. So, dont bring a useless teaching up. If the man relinquishes his right by not doing what is right, that is his wahala. You see a bully in a woman when dating, and you dont show her you are more bully so she can relax, but you expect to be the man. She will knock your head very well. You better leave such bully and let a man who can handle her take her. You see a woman with loaded cash and you know you dont have the capability to make more than her, and you want her to respect you like a dummy, such man is a f.ool. Learn from Kanye West. Despite the empire of the Kadashian, and despite his mental challenges, that is a man. A man Kim ran after even while in divorce. She felt Kanye will be running after her or will break down cos of the divorce threat. Not knowing baba will start "balling". Sharply, baba go carry Ronaldo's ex babe. The thing pepper Kim.

I am a Christian, but I am realistic and I am a "baller". I dont go near who I know is tough for me to handle. And I know many Naija men who will just "chop" and quit cos they know they cannot cope. Some dont want to just chop, but when the signals are there, they bail themselves out. When you are dating an American or British and even before marriage, she is already threatening you with police and FBI, and you still decide to put her in your house, or you married and stayed in her house.....the man is a fo.ol. I do not pity such men. I remember the Oyefeso naija man who dated one of the Braxons. Lol. Sharp man wanted to use her to be a celebrity too, but he is stu.pid. He saw the kind of lady she is and he went ahead. Look at the rubbish he went through. An Ivy League graduate for that matter who still relies on the fame of a girl. Fo.olish man. I lost respect for the man.

So, teach people well. We know Christ is the head of the church....but Bible says the man is the head of the home. Dont ever twist it. The Bible says Eve is a helper....yes, equal but she helped Adam. Two pilots cannot fly a plan. One must be the boss of the other. So, the man also must subject himself to Christ.

This is a feminism era cos men have sold their rights. And it is normal. Stop teaching rubbish sir.

Goodluck!
The society owes you nothing.
You don't need someone to pay for your female hygiene products to feel empowered. Can females work? Yes. Can they vote? Yes. Do they have the same rights and opportunities as men? Yes. What rights are they [feminists] fighting for? What are they specifically? What don't they have?
Nigerian feminists are women who lacked good family upbringing and never learnt how to love and respect a man. Consequently, they suffer series of break ups (because no man can take their bullshit) and finally make everyman their enemy (with the exception of simps)
A well brought up lady from a good home who is well educated is happily married, enjoying love with her husband and beautiful kids and has no business endlessly fighting for the downfall of men in the name of feminism.
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by FORWARDEVERLY: 3:28pm On Aug 15, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband?

There cannot be two heads of a Christian home, for a man cannot serve two masters. Matthew 6:24

Therefore It has to be one or the other, so which is it?

I have heard some say or seen a written message in some homes, "Christ is the head of this house." On the other hand, i have also heard some claim that the husband is the head of the home or marriage, therefore I would like to know which is really true, since both cannot be right at the same time.

If Christ is the head of the home, then both the husband and wife ought to submit themselves to the authority of Christ. But if it's the husband instead, then the woman has to submit herself to the authority of the husband.

Although the marriage didn't end up in a divorce as a result, and they wear yet able to bear children, it became a total failure as the purpose for which God made the marriage, which was to multiply sinless children (those born in obedience), was not achieved.

It also led to hostility in the marriage, because the same man who loved his wife and called her "the bone of my bones" and "flesh of my flesh", now saw her as an enemy or a stranger called "the woman you gave me". Genesis 2:23; 3:12

So the authority and head of a Christian home, as God made it to be in the beginning, ought to be the Word of God which Christ is, and that's one of things which was in the beginning that Christ came to restore. Therefore taking that authority from Him and giving it to someone else, including the husband, would only prevent the purpose of God concerning the marriage from being fulfilled, and could also lead to hostility among the married couples.

That's what would have happened in the marriage of Smith Wigglesworth, as the husband thought he was the head of their home, and had authority over his wife, hence tried to use it against her and to prevent her from serving God as she ought to, when he derailed from the faith.

But thank God he had a wife who knew that he was just her husband, not her Head or Head of their marriage, but Jesus, as she'd let Him know. So he couldn't make her do things contrary to what Christ demands of her, because she was meant to be under Christ's authority, not his.

This eventually led to her husband's restoration to the faith, and for this reason he loved appreciated his wife much more than he'd ever done beforehand, because what he learnt from the wife in the process was an invaluable lesson, which had not only helped to restore him, but also made him to be a better vessel for God's use, and better husband for his wife and marriage.

That's what many Christian' marriage stands to lose whenever someone else is put in the placed of Christ as the Head of a Christian home. It ends up more or less as the marriage in the beginning, when God's purpose for the marriage was not achieved.

And once that purpose is not achieved, the marriage become a total failure even if it doesn't end in divorce and they're yet having children as Adam and Eve, because God purpose for a Christian marriage that determines the success of a marriage, not that of man.

So it's up to choose who will be the head of your home, but if it's not Christ, do not expect Him to also act as the Head, because He cannot share His position or authority in any marriage or home with anyone. It's either Him in charge or not Him.

God bless.

You are a Phoool..

Ogun Kee you idiat...

Christ is the spiritual head...
Man is the physical head. .

Omo ale jatijati..

Onye Nzuzu
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by Demurray: 4:05pm On Aug 15, 2021
In other ways if you'd got good internet gadgets and you're not earning @least 2,500 ngn on a daily basis from your online activities then you're behind.
Reach out to T-elegram, search and join "VFL DAIRY"
I'd be dropping free tutorials on how you can achieve daily income via VFL...
[/quote]pls shed more light to this I'm interested
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by Demurray: 4:09pm On Aug 15, 2021
TechNana:
The head of every home whether christian or not is the husband according to primary setup plan from the Devine.

Christ or whatever supreme being the family believes in, comes as secondary. According to Christianity, Christ is the head of the church not the home, I stand to be corrected though.

In other ways if you'd got good internet gadgets and you're not earning @least 2,500 ngn on a daily basis from your online activities then you're behind.
Reach out to T-elegram, search and join "VFL DAIRY"
I'd be dropping free tutorials on how you can achieve daily income via VFL...
interested pls kindly shed more light to this .thanks
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by MNDY(m): 4:38pm On Aug 15, 2021
I will keep saying it. The devil is out to play another game with the Woman using Feminism, like the Apple story in the garden of Eden.

Feminism is questioning God's order.
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by Tomilola360: 4:55pm On Aug 15, 2021
why does this sound like a stupid question
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Aug 15, 2021
This foolish OP, jesusjnr2020, is unnecessarily dragging Christ to please her depraved mind. You'd better stop defending your feminism with your little scriptural knowledge if you don't want to face the wrath of God.
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by nextstep(m): 5:23pm On Aug 15, 2021
illicit:
Whoever foots the bills is the head

Verily I say unto you... ye speaketh the utmost truth. grin

If Christ comes and starts paying for my housing and feeding, and giving me small allowance, then He can be head of household. Until then, please shift.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by Big2bore(m): 5:24pm On Aug 15, 2021
To me both the Husband and the Wife have their rolls to play in Marriage, has for Christ, he is known to be the head and master of all Christians, take for instance, a class Teacher, a class Captain and the student, the roll of a teacher is different from the roll of a class captain, see, the teacher can never take the roll of a class captain. To explain better Christ is our Teacher the son of God as the bible says, we in our homes the Husband is the captain of the House, because at the end the Husband will give of account of his Captain ship and the Wife will give account of her own part as the assistant Captain.
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by jesusjnr2020(m): 5:29pm On Aug 15, 2021
SimplyFacts:
This foolish OP, jesusjnr2020, is unnecessarily dragging Christ to please her depraved mind. You'd better stop defending your feminism with your little scriptural knowledge if you don't want to face the wrath of God.
Wrath of man, you mean?

I'm used to that already but you can continue living in the delusion that the wrath of man is that of God.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by jesusjnr2020(m): 5:31pm On Aug 15, 2021
FORWARDEVERLY:

You are a Phoool..

Ogun Kee you idiat...

Christ is the spiritual head...
Man is the physical head. .

Omo ale jatijati..

Onye Nzuzu
Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks, so thanks for exposing your true self.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by FORWARDEVERLY: 6:18pm On Aug 15, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks, so thanks for exposing your true self.

Thunda Faya you..

Ewu..
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by efficiencie(m): 6:36pm On Aug 15, 2021
Christ is the head of the man and the man is the head of the wife...all three persons are resident in a Christian home. Footing the bills has nothing to do with being the head. The provision of leadership is the key. If the man loses his job it doesn't mean he lost his relationship with Christ. As long as that relationship is intact the woman is under compulsion to submit to her husband even if she is the breadwinner.
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by AbuAeesha: 6:40pm On Aug 15, 2021
Blacknote:
Why is there no oaths of allegiance to christian deity before posting on this section, just as it's done in Islamic section
the reason is just u will rarely find a Muslim making mocking,jestful,abusive comments on this kind of post,whereas some Christians are just too obsessed with Islamic post.
even with the restrictions put in.
The true way of God always gets condemnations from alot of pple.
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:20pm On Aug 15, 2021
enthronedbyGod1:

You started by saying it's your belief and ended here by saying anything contrary to your belief isn't of God. If you had said this message was inspired by God's word or the Holy Spirit I would have ignored.

Now I'm going to quote the words of Christ that you highly hold unto , to counter this belief.

Matthew 19: 4 And He( Jesus Christ) answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that He( Jehovah Elohim) which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they both shall be one flesh.

Looking at the words of Christ here , He clearly says the man came before the woman when Jehovah Elohim was creating humans, Jesus went further to say that the man shall leave his father and mother , note He( Christ) didn't say the woman was the one to leave but the man, secondly He( Christ) didn't say the man would leave his mother and father , but the man would leave his father and mother. Placing the father first in all circumstances before the mother.
The woman also wasn't the one to leave but the man , this means for the woman to leave , the man has to come with his authority given to him by God to take her away. This is why when a woman marries she bears her husband's name and not the other way round. This is also why genealogies in the scriptures mostly mention only men, because God ordained the man to be the head of the family.
Christ is the head of the church and the church is likened to Christ's bride.
If the church is Christ's bride and He's the head , then the human bridegroom is the head of the human bride.
I intentionally didn't quote the epistles cos I know you don't agree with most of Paul's sayings.

Any belief contrary to Christ's own laid down principle is not of God, but of the flesh.
This does not in any way make the woman inferior to the man, nor the man superior to the woman , it's just how God has ordained it to be in the family settings and going contrary to God's own word is rebellion.
I don't understand why you're making such a big deal about me saying my own belief and then saying anything that goes contrary to what I'm saying is not of God. Is it just because it's not also written in the Bible?

Because it was the same thing that the apostles as Paul were doing in their own books, yet you hold on to every word they said as the Word of God.

Or do you think that they were more qualified to teach the sheep of Christ?

Or that the Spirit of God they had was different?

What you should understand is that, it's my own way of speaking.

If I say "I believe", it means I believe what I'm saying was inspired by God's Word or His Spirit. So for me to go further to say that anything contrary to that is not of God but of men, it means I am totally convinced that my belief is of God

It's not by saying what one says was inspired by God's Word or His Spirit, but by it being the Truth.

By the way, i wish you should have shown me anywhere else in the Bible God said a man was the Head of the house and had authority over the wife, apart from Paul's teachings, but you couldn't find any because it's not there, except after the woman sinned in the beginning, to show it was a consequence of her sin.

Even the Words of Jesus you hence quoted could be more easily interpreted to mean the otherwise, since it says the man has to leave his parents or family behind and cleave to his wife, just as the disciples left everything behind to submit to Christ. Hence, that the man was meant to submit to his wife since she's his head and has authority over him, right?

Wrong! So that doesn't add up for me as well.

As for the example of bearing the man's name, do you think it was really of God and what He intended in the beginning?

Something you should know is that a lot of what you saw play out before the coming of Christ was as a result of sin.

But guess who the first person's name in the genealogies was after the birth of Christ. It was the name of a woman, not that of any man to suggest that such was also a consequence of sin, and perhaps not how it ought to be and was in the beginning.

I don't really understand though why people who really claim to be of God and followers of Christ, would have an issue with Christ being the head of a Christian marriage and not the man. Is it that they don't trust Christ that much?

If you observed, you'd see that my threads have hardly made NL front page of recent, but somehow, I saw this coming. I strongly believe that this threads were brought up by the Holy Spirit because it represents His interests.

In these last days, the Spirit of God needs more marriages that Jesus has complete control over like that of Smith Wigglesworth at some point, which I mentioned, for Him to be able to use to greater effect.

Not those which undermine His capacity as the many headed by men these days.

God bless.
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by babajero(m): 7:51pm On Aug 15, 2021
illicit:
Whoever foots the bills is the head
So your mother went to marry your father, I pray the same thing doesn't happen to you.
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by illicit(m): 7:52pm On Aug 15, 2021
babajero:
So your mother went to marry your father, I pray the same thing doesn't happen to you.

Keep my parents out of ur sentences ok?
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by babajero(m): 7:54pm On Aug 15, 2021
Blacknote:
Why is there no oaths of allegiance to christian deity before posting on this section, just as it's done in Islamic section
Because Christianity is not an occult and we have no evil to hide.
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by babajero(m): 8:16pm On Aug 15, 2021
illicit:

Keep my parents out of ur sentences ok?
Really, but you said the same thing indirectly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Humanists And Freethinkers: What Are Your Thoughts On Abortion? / What Is The Difference Between A Christian And A Disciple? / 3 Things You Should Know About Your Christian Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.