Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? (11159 Views)

The Second Coming Of Christ Or The Rapture? / If You Were Born Into A Christian Home, You Are Forever Saved, Except / Was Christianity Religion Founded By Jesus Christ Or Apostle Paul ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by god2good: 8:41pm On Aug 15, 2021
saphiere:
JESUS CHRIST IS.

God has made man and woman equally.

Galatians 3:28 ESV
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

I know it will be a female handwriting, male and female are equal but husband and wife are not equal
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by livingchrist: 8:49pm On Aug 15, 2021
Satanjnr, you want your own opinion to be exalted to the level of the inspired word of God, right?

2 Peter 1:20-21 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Every scripture in the bible is not just an
opinion of man, they were inspired of the holy Ghost, but I know you are a liar, who will not hesitate to lie against the holy Ghost but your judgment is coming, in other to fulfill the lust of your father the devil.
Jesus himself appointed peter to be the leader of the apostles.
Go and read up connonisation of scriptures, or do you think that any book or statement is recognised as scripture because a man says so?
You are of your father the devil that is why you have no respect for authority but seek to displace God.
John 8:44
Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Jude 1:8, 10-13 Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.

But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.

Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.

These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;

Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

Every vision revelations or teaching must have a witness there must be atleast two persons to attest to it.

The books of moses, david, Solomon esther and all old testament had the whole nation of Israel as their witness.
In the new testament the Church was the witness, Jesus himself appointed peter as the leader of the apostles, peter, and the rest of the church recognise the teachings of paul and his ministry as being ordained of God.
Peter is a witness to Paul's ministry

2 Peter 3:15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

But you satanjnr a reprobate just seek to elevate yourself like mohammed no wonder you even endorsed Mohammed and koran paving way for your master the antichrist, but I thank God, that God is exposing you.

jesusjnr2020:
I don't understand why you're making such a big deal about me saying my own belief and then saying anything that goes contrary to what I'm saying is not of God. Is it just because it's not also written in the Bible?

Because it was the same thing that the apostles as Paul were doing in their own books, yet you hold on to every word they said as the Word of God.

Or do you think that they were more qualified to teach the sheep of Christ?

Or that the Spirit of God they had was different?

What you should understand is that, it's my own way of speaking.

If I say "I believe", it means I believe what I'm saying was inspired by God's Word or His Spirit. So for me to go further to say that anything contrary to that is not of God but of men, it means I am totally convinced that my belief is of God

It's not by saying what one says was inspired by God's Word or His Spirit, but by it being the Truth.

By the way, i wish you should have shown me anywhere else in the Bible God said a man was the Head of the house and had authority over the wife, apart from Paul's teachings, but you couldn't find any because it's not there, except after the woman sinned in the beginning, to show it was a consequence of her sin.

Even the Words of Jesus you hence quoted could be more easily interpreted to mean the otherwise, since it says the man has to leave his parents or family behind and cleave to his wife, just as the disciples left everything behind to submit to Christ. Hence, that the man was meant to submit to his wife since she's his head and has authority over him, right?

Wrong! So that doesn't add up for me as well.

As for the example of bearing the man's name, do you think it was really of God and what He intended in the beginning?

Something you should know is that a lot of what you saw play out before the coming of Christ was as a result of sin.

But guess who the first person's name in the genealogies was after the birth of Christ. It was the name of a woman, not that of any man to suggest that such was also a consequence of sin, and perhaps not how it ought to be and was in the beginning.

I don't really understand though why people who really claim to be of God and followers of Christ, would have an issue with Christ being the head of a Christian marriage and not the man. Is it that they don't trust Christ that much?

If you observed, you'd see that my threads have hardly made NL front page of recent, but somehow, I saw this coming. I strongly believe that this threads were brought up by the Holy Spirit because it represents His interests.

In these last days, the Spirit of God needs more marriages that Jesus has complete control over like that of Smith Wigglesworth at some point, which I mentioned, for Him to be able to use to greater effect.

Not those which undermine His capacity as the many headed by men these days.

God bless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by SHOCK7(m): 9:29pm On Aug 15, 2021
TechNana:
The head of every home whether christian or not is the husband according to primary setup plan from the Devine.

Christ or whatever supreme being the family believes in, comes as secondary. According to Christianity, Christ is the head of the church not the home, I stand to be corrected though.

In other ways if you'd got good internet gadgets and you're not earning @least 2,500 ngn on a daily basis from your online activities then you're behind.
Reach out to T-elegram, search and join "VFL DAIRY"
I'd be dropping free tutorials on how you can achieve daily income via VFL...
Hello techna
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by postmann: 9:34pm On Aug 15, 2021
@jesusjnr2020

It takes common sense to realize that the Husband is the head of the home, Christ, the head of the man and GOD the head of Christ as clearly stated in scriptures (1cor 11:3)

You stir confusion and rebellion with your wandering spirit. You acted as if you're asking a question but ended up answering it. People like you are dangerous in GOD's kingdom with padded, extra-scriptural interpretation.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by TechNana(f): 9:39pm On Aug 15, 2021
SHOCK7:

Hello techna

Yeah what's up?
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by hupernikao: 10:15pm On Aug 15, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband?

There cannot be two heads of a Christian home, for a man cannot serve two masters. Matthew 6:24

Therefore It has to be one or the other, so which is it?

God bless.

Good evening
We had this pre discussed already. I will try give you some details here. Likely in two part.

Firstly, it is important that when you want to handle the word of God and explain you must be holistic about it not look at few scriptures or instances. The Bible is inspiration, historical and theological. Hence your explanation must address and fulfill these 3 parts irrespective of your thoughts.

These 3 parts must likewise not contradict itself for your doctrine to be true.

Observe that all instructions of God you see in the Bible have historical events that can explain their practices, so when I explain Christian theology, I must put it in context of those examples, events, traditions and practices that observe or taught such doctrine.

This is same for the issue of marriage. The headship of marriage and what the union is about.

Like I mentioned earlier, I will put this in 2 write up for clarity sake.

MARRIAGE AS A UNION
Marriage surely is a union between man and woman as taught by the scriptures. That means we can observe how unions are treated in the scriptures and God's mind as pertaining to union in the Bible.

What does The Head Means.
The word head is from Greek word kephale, which implies master lord, is the one who has authority.

Does God recognize Headship in a Union?
We will observe from OT.

Gen 2, Adam and Eve Union
Obvious, the events presented to you adequate information to know that God assumed the headship of Eve as Adam.

1. Adam was the one who received instruction to keep the garden, on what to do and not to do.
2. Adam was the one who God called out to question first
3. Adam was the one who was seen all through the scriptures as the entity of God's disobedient not Eve.

Those points showed you the fact that authority and responsibility will be placed at the table of the head. Adam assumed a role of a leader. The one who will keep, is the one who is in charge.

Abraham and Sarah Union
1. Abraham was God's focus for instruction and authority.
2. Sarah was recorded to have called him his lord, his head.
3. God's plan was given and revealed to Abraham not Sarah.
4. Sarah obeyed his husband in following God's instruction.

Observe Eve didn't.

Moses and the Israelite Union
This is a peculiar case as it modeled the church of Christ.

In this Union.

1. God give absolute rulership to Moses. Even as unto himself.
2. Moses was seen as the lord and even a savior of the Jews. The see him as God. The God the Israelite saw was Moses. Hence the way they treat him.
3. God punished directly their dishonor to Moses (not dishonor to God but to Moses).
4. Moses led, rule, protect by the power of God. God didn't do this by himself, Moses was used as the head of that Union.

Christ and his Disciples.
This should be obvious to you

Peter and the early Church Union

1. Jesus gave the rulership of the church to Peter. He used the words

John 21:15-17
15¶So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.

16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

Bosko, a teacher, to teach his disciples. A teacher in Bible language is an instructor, a ruler, the one in charge.

Poimaino, a ruler, the on who nourish and keep. The one who feed.

Hence Jesus gave the authority to rule to Peter. We saw this in the Acts. The whole church submitted to Peter's authority including the Apostles.

CAN A UNION EXIST WITHOUT AN IDENTIFIED HEAD

In the Bible, No. All union of men in the scriptures has identify leaders rulers, the head.

What about in Nature
Like I pointed to you in the other thread. Even nature teaches you that, every union have identified head, both in Christ and outside Christ.

1. Christian go to work, they submit to their head (employer)
2. Christian submit to the headship of their states and countries.
3. They submit to headship of a place, banks, bus, centers. Where ever you go. You submit yourself to the identified head there. You don't claim christ is your head so I can't submit to any other authority.

4. I am also sure that if you have a company you run full of believers, you won't tell them Christ is their head and you aren't, so they should be listening to Christ and then come and gist with you on how you will run the company. I am sure you will assume the position of its head. Nature teaches you that.

So, SHOULD WIFE SUBMIT TO THEIR HUSBAND?

The Bible teaches so both in doctrine and in events of the scriptures. Sarah did and was commended for it. Lots wife didn't and was destroyed for it.

A union without an identified head, one physical among them is heading to division and destruction. The head is the unifying body, the leader, the one who protect all interest, God's interest.

DOES THIS REDUCE THE PLACE OF THE WOMAN IN THE UNION?

When you see headship as controlling me, then you will have issues with this. Headship, is not about ruling, headship is about sacrifice, leading, nurturing, protecting and loving the other.

WHAT THEN IS CHRIST ROLE IN THE MARRIAGE?
1. Christ death and lordship is on all believers, his body. Hence in Christ no female, male, husband, wife but new creation. In the eyes of christ, all believers are children of God. No gender issue.

2. Christ authority in your marriage is to mimic his headship to this body, the church. He is the head, the master, the one who protect, love and sacrifice for his body, the church.

3. Marriage of believers then must be in submission to Christ authority, to the end that the two parties will obey and fulfill God's will.

So, Christ headship remains, whether there is marriage or not, but believers will submit their marriage to the authority of Christ who the couple served together. This doesn't remove the role of the one who is to care for the family, to ensure God's will is done. The husband.

IN CONCLUSION

God's mind about Union in the scriptures is evident. In all events where we can see union, a head is identified, the flow of communication and who instruct are factors that can show you who has the authority in a Union.

In the scriptures we saw this in Adam, Abraham, Moses, Jesus, Peter. Today's union won't be different including the marriage union.
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by SHOCK7(m): 10:15pm On Aug 15, 2021
TechNana:

Yeah what's up?
U got a cute natural look on 'ur dp, happy Sunday.
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by Adrian98(m): 11:57pm On Aug 15, 2021
very stupid question, how does this post make sense?
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by Xantel(f): 4:04am On Aug 16, 2021
Husband is the head of the family.
Christ is the head of the heads of the family. That is, Christ is the head of the church grin
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by CanadaCars(m): 5:35am On Aug 16, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband?

There cannot be two heads of a Christian home, for a man cannot serve two masters. Matthew 6:24

Therefore It has to be one or the other, so which is it?

I have heard some say or seen a written message in some homes, "Christ is the head of this house." On the other hand, i have also heard some claim that the husband is the head of the home or marriage, therefore I would like to know which is really true, since both cannot be right at the same time.

If Christ is the head of the home, then both the husband and wife ought to submit themselves to the authority of Christ. But if it's the husband instead, then the woman has to submit herself to the authority of the husband.

My own belief is that Christ ought to be the head of every Christian home, so both the husband and wife ought to submit themselves to His own authority.

Anything contrary to that is not of God, but of men or the devil, hence it would only lead to dangerous repercussions in the home, as it was in the beginning when the husband and wife both rejected the authority of Christ, even the Word of God that was in the beginning, and chose to listen and heed the voice of someone else.

Although the marriage didn't end up in a divorce as a result, and they wear yet able to bear children, it became a total failure as the purpose for which God made the marriage, which was to multiply sinless children (those born in obedience), was not achieved.

It also led to hostility in the marriage, because the same man who loved his wife and called her "the bone of my bones" and "flesh of my flesh", now saw her as an enemy or a stranger called "the woman you gave me". Genesis 2:23; 3:12

So the authority and head of a Christian home, as God made it to be in the beginning, ought to be the Word of God which Christ is, and that's one of things which was in the beginning that Christ came to restore. Therefore taking that authority from Him and giving it to someone else, including the husband, would only prevent the purpose of God concerning the marriage from being fulfilled, and could also lead to hostility among the married couples.

That's what would have happened in the marriage of Smith Wigglesworth, as the husband thought he was the head of their home, and had authority over his wife, hence tried to use it against her and to prevent her from serving God as she ought to, when he derailed from the faith.

But thank God he had a wife who knew that he was just her husband, not her Head or Head of their marriage, but Jesus, as she'd let Him know. So he couldn't make her do things contrary to what Christ demands of her, because she was meant to be under Christ's authority, not his.

This eventually led to her husband's restoration to the faith, and for this reason he loved appreciated his wife much more than he'd ever done beforehand, because what he learnt from the wife in the process was an invaluable lesson, which had not only helped to restore him, but also made him to be a better vessel for God's use, and better husband for his wife and marriage.

That's what many Christian' marriage stands to lose whenever someone else is put in the placed of Christ as the Head of a Christian home. It ends up more or less as the marriage in the beginning, when God's purpose for the marriage was not achieved.

And once that purpose is not achieved, the marriage become a total failure even if it doesn't end in divorce and they're yet having children as Adam and Eve, because God purpose for a Christian marriage that determines the success of a marriage, not that of man.

So it's up to choose who will be the head of your home, but if it's not Christ, do not expect Him to also act as the Head, because He cannot share His position or authority in any marriage or home with anyone. It's either Him in charge or not Him.

God bless.

It is clearly stated in 1 Corinthians 11:3

"But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God."

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by enthronedbyGod1: 12:22pm On Aug 16, 2021
[quote author=jesusjnr2020 post=104827109Is it just because it's not also written in the Bible?

By the way, i wish you should have shown me anywhere else in the Bible God said a man was the Head of the house and had authority over the wife, apart from Paul's teachings, but you couldn't find any because it's not there

God bless.[/quote]

I quoted the words of Christ but you rejected that. Thank God you said the opinion you gave was not in God's word.
Jesus said when the Holy Spirit comes , He'll guide us into all truth meaning the Holy Spirit wouldn't tell us anything that contradicts God's word.
John 16: 13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

You asked for another scripture passage which isn't that of Paul , I'll give you one below.

1st Peter 3: 1- Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;
6 - Even as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement.
7 - Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.
Those are the words of Peter who was thought by Christ Himself.
He clearly says the wife should submit to the husband, while the husband should love and honour the wife.
I've given you 2 Bible verses confirming the man as head of the house( one by Christ in my former quote and this by Peter) , kindly give me one scripture that confirms this opinion of yours then I'd take it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:29pm On Aug 16, 2021
enthronedbyGod1:

I quoted the words of Christ but you rejected that.
Please do not falsely accuse me, because I indeed accepted Christ's Word in its right interpretation.

What I rejected is your misinterpretation of Christ's Word to suit your man-made idea, which is erroneous and not of God.

I said God never gave man any authority or made him head over the woman before his fall, and you've not yet been able to provide anywhere that said He did that to disprove my position, including that which you quoted.

It was only after man's fall that God said to the woman:

Genesis 3:16 (KJV)

Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

So clearly the idea of submission and the husband being head over the woman, and ruling over her was a curse and consequence of sin, because that wasn't the situation beforehand.

If God had given the husband the authority or rule over the woman beforehand, it would have been spelt it out at some point as on these other occasions in the beginning.

Genesis 1:16
And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

Genesis 1:18
And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

He also did that when after He made man.

Genesis 1:26-28 (KJV)

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Now note, it was them, male and female, that was man made in God's image, not just male. Also it was them, both male and female, that God gave authority over everything He had made, not just male.

So if the husband was meant to have authority or rule over the woman in God's original plan, at some point He would have clearly stated it and distinguished between the two as He did in these instances.

But He only did that after the woman had not only disobeyed His Word but also led the man to disobey the same Word Of God, to show that it was a curse of sin and not how God made it to be in the beginning.

That curse and yoke of sin is one of the things that Christ came to break off the woman's neck in order to restore her back to what it was in the beginning, when she was only subject to the Word of God and no one else.

And guess who the Word of God she rejected in the beginning?

It was Christ!

So for any attempt to still subject the woman to the bondage of sin after Christ has done all that work to deliver and restore her back, is definitely not of God but of men.

I would be back to respond to the rest later.

God bless.
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:28pm On Aug 16, 2021
enthronedbyGod1:
Thank God you said the opinion you gave was not in God's word.
Jesus said when the Holy Spirit comes , He'll guide us into all truth meaning the Holy Spirit wouldn't tell us anything that contradicts God's word.
John 16: 13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Thank God i never said the Word of God but the Bible. That you misinterpreted the Bible I said to mean the Word of God doesn't mean I said so.

You should already know by now that I don't view the Bible in its entirety as God's Word just as you do, but a book that comprises of God's Word, the words of men and also that of the devil.

It's the Word of God in the Bible that I use as sift the words that be of men and those of the devil from those of God, such as this man-made idea that man is the head of the woman and was given authority over her from the onset.

So I never said my opinion was not in God's Word just as you misinterpreted it to be, because it is clearly there, but that it wasn't written in the Bible as my own opinion, otherwise you would have believed it just you believe others, as such man-made ideas just because they are there.

You said the Holy Spirit wouldn't tell us anything that contradict God's Word, yet you believe Paul's teaching that a woman ought to keep silence in the church just because it's in the Bible, even though it clearly contradicts God's Word right? That's my point!

Jesus sent Mary, one of His leading disciples, to say something important to His church after His resurrection to prove that saying of Paul was not inspired by God's Word or His Spirit, but the flesh and of men.

Also Jesus never said the apostles would reveal all Truth to us, but the Holy Spirit, so if you think the revelations stopped with the apostles, you think wrong.

The Holy Spirit is still revealing all Truth today, and would never stop until the Lord returns.

God bless.
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by SHOCK7(m): 11:34pm On Aug 28, 2021
TechNana:

Yeah what's up?
How's your weekend going, sent you a dm if you don't mind!
Re: Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? by orunto27: 9:22am On Aug 29, 2021
CHRIST.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"Jesus Is" By Clayton Jennings. Spoken Word Lyrics. / EVOLUTION SPOILER!: Soft Tissue In Dinosaur Fossil, University Settles Scientist / I Am Not Blaspheming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.