Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Collecting Change After Giving Offering - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Collecting Change After Giving Offering (9602 Views)

Shocking Before & After Photos Of A Man After Giving His Life To Christ / Zimbabwe: Woman Slumps And Dies In Church After Giving Testimony (pics) / Giving Offering In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Collecting Change After Giving Offering by Daniluv1(m): 9:26am On Jan 15, 2023
Do you expect the person to walk/trek home after church all in the name of giving offering?

Make we try dey use our brain

1 Like

Re: Collecting Change After Giving Offering by Triangles1(m): 9:27am On Jan 15, 2023
POS inside church is not allow the same way.

1 Like

Re: Collecting Change After Giving Offering by Typicool8(m): 9:28am On Jan 15, 2023
Deejayprof:

The giver

The Pastor might use the money for immediate needs of the church, and the needs also include members welfare. However, it is the giver that receives the highest blessings.
Firstly, the blessings of recognizing God as the Giver, with that the giver will continue to have as long as God remains God
Secondly, the bible says God loves a cheerful giver. Such giver will continue to enjoy the love of God
Thirdly, bringing your offering to God's house is a command in Malachi 3:10. And every obedience to God's commands automatically bring blessings

I don't need your 5K anyways, and I don't need your approval for being right or wrong. That's just the truth for a heart that may see it and be blessed

Happy Sunday!

Oya make I collect the blessing on your behalf grin
Re: Collecting Change After Giving Offering by tiswell(m): 9:30am On Jan 15, 2023
Deejayprof:

The giver

The Pastor might use the money for immediate needs of the church, and the needs also include members welfare. However, it is the giver that receives the highest blessings.
Firstly, the blessings of recognizing God as the Giver, with that the giver will continue to have as long as God remains God
Secondly, the bible says God loves a cheerful giver. Such giver will continue to enjoy the love of God
Thirdly, bringing your offering to God's house is a command in Malachi 3:10. And every obedience to God's commands automatically bring blessings

I[b] don't need your 5K anyways[/b], and I don't need your approval for being right or wrong. That's just the truth for a heart that may see it and be blessed

Happy Sunday!
dey play cheesy

Re: Collecting Change After Giving Offering by Kelechi009: 9:31am On Jan 15, 2023
goodmorning40:
Collecting change should be better than not giving at all. You are lucky to get the change because money has not entered pastor hand.

I heard of a story, a woman wanted to pay her tithe through online during lockdown. She mistakenly added extra zero on her forty thousand and ended up sending four hundred thousand to pastor, that was all the money in her acct. All her efforts and pleadings to get her change back was futile. Pastor told her it was the leading of the holy spirit

She has long received sense

A lot of Pastors are scammers, your duty as a Christian is to find a leader in a gathering of worshippers and pay them your tithe. Not necessarily a church.

1 Like

Re: Collecting Change After Giving Offering by Salihusaliheen(m): 9:46am On Jan 15, 2023
As a Muslim, it's what come my mind I will give,I don't care giving #50 and collecting 30naira as a change.

1 Like

Re: Collecting Change After Giving Offering by orisa37: 9:46am On Jan 15, 2023
Wrong. All Church offerings go to "PIGGY BOXES" NOT VAULTS.
Re: Collecting Change After Giving Offering by vickydevoka(m): 9:47am On Jan 15, 2023
I de collect change and food self
Re: Collecting Change After Giving Offering by Lionmachala(m): 9:51am On Jan 15, 2023
Tell me where u go pay offering and collect cha
Re: Collecting Change After Giving Offering by phemmyfour: 10:11am On Jan 15, 2023
Candidlady:
How you guys do it?

Asking for change during offering

You dropped a thousand naira and then tell the usher you will need 900 naira change.
Nothing is wrong with it.
The heart that gives is more important
Re: Collecting Change After Giving Offering by FatherOfJesus: 10:29am On Jan 15, 2023
Where's everything about Christianity about collecting money?
Re: Collecting Change After Giving Offering by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:35am On Jan 15, 2023
Candidlady:
How you guys do it?

You dropped a thousand naira and then tell the usher you will need 900 naira change.

Nothing bad about that.

In fact, I don't see why the church even collects offering.

Donations for worthy causes are OK. Like when Paul collected donations for the poor Christians in Jerusalem.

But routine offerings are simply unaccounted for, that is why these pastors are living large.
Re: Collecting Change After Giving Offering by Angelthepoet(m): 10:37am On Jan 15, 2023
When giving in church make sure the amount you are giving as offering doesn't warrant you collecting change because when we look at it properly it's very very wrong to give offering and collect change, according to me when i give in church i give with the intention of giving. Thanks
Re: Collecting Change After Giving Offering by nijalive: 10:44am On Jan 15, 2023
Make dem trek go house shey
Re: Collecting Change After Giving Offering by dododawa1: 10:52am On Jan 15, 2023
Business
Re: Collecting Change After Giving Offering by tollyboy5(m): 10:53am On Jan 15, 2023
Candidlady:
How you guys do it?

I dropped a thousand and asked for #800 the usher told me. Otilo angry cry

Now I dey always come with my #20 in peace.

1 Like

Re: Collecting Change After Giving Offering by aswani(m): 10:55am On Jan 15, 2023
goodmorning40:
Collecting change should be better than not giving at all. You are lucky to get the change because money has not entered pastor hand.

I heard of a story, a woman wanted to pay her tithe through online during lockdown. She mistakenly added extra zero on her forty thousand and ended up sending four hundred thousand to pastor, that was all the money in her acct. All her efforts and pleadings to get her change back was futile. Pastor told her it was the leading of the holy spirit

I don't know how true this story is but I have always felt that if you test majority of these Pastor's, in whichever way but particularly monetary, they will fail and fail woefully.
Re: Collecting Change After Giving Offering by tollyboy5(m): 10:56am On Jan 15, 2023
Salihusaliheen:
As a Muslim, it's what come my mind I will give,I don't care giving #50 and collecting 30naira as a change.
Allah bless you jare. Na wetin pesin get e dey give.
Re: Collecting Change After Giving Offering by Odidigboigbo(m): 10:57am On Jan 15, 2023
nijalive:
Make dem trek go house shey
It's advisable to come to Church with the exact amount you want to give as an offering. Most Churches don't allow giving of change because of dubious nature of some ushers.
Re: Collecting Change After Giving Offering by berryPee(m): 11:19am On Jan 15, 2023
Na to log for charge back on the church account oo
goodmorning40:

Re: Collecting Change After Giving Offering by Honestfrend: 11:27am On Jan 15, 2023
grin
illicit:
If they dont give me change, I will use it as subsequent offerings
Re: Collecting Change After Giving Offering by WelcomeToBiafra: 11:54am On Jan 15, 2023
To comment on Christian posts today, there is no rule to accept Jesus as your Lord & Savor oo, yet Islamic faith are here commenting freely without swearing allegiance to Christ as in Fridays Islamic worshipping day. Nland is hypothetical platform really.
Re: Collecting Change After Giving Offering by KelvinC1(m): 12:01pm On Jan 15, 2023
whytediamond:
Who benefits the most from Sunday offering?

A. Pastor
B. Member
C. God.

5k to the correct answer.

Clarity will attract extra 1k.
grin

A. PASTOR

God doesn't need our money to be rich, he is the GIVER.. we can add to God and we can subtract from him.. if truly God needs our offering then it should be collected and burns then the smoke will go to heaven as a sweet smelling savor.. but unfortunately the PASTORS are cashing out with the name of God, using the members to satisfy themselves and Family just like out politicians.. the church will build a school raise from offering and TITHES yet the poor members cannot attend to pay for the school.. may God give us sense..

Gtbank
Abraham Kelvynn ADOYII

The goal is to LOVE your neighbors
Give to them and the poor..

Unfortunately
Love your neighbor is scriptural but never practical..

Happy Sunday �
Re: Collecting Change After Giving Offering by JoyousFurnitire(m): 12:15pm On Jan 15, 2023
goodmorning40:

Haha grin
Re: Collecting Change After Giving Offering by JoyousFurnitire(m): 12:16pm On Jan 15, 2023
illicit:
If they dont give me change, I will use it as subsequent offerings

To much sense grin
Re: Collecting Change After Giving Offering by Pastoshizzy(m): 1:00pm On Jan 15, 2023
whytediamond:
Who benefits the most from Sunday offering?

A. Pastor
B. Member
C. God.

5k to the correct answer.

Clarity will attract extra 1k.
grin
MEMBERS bro, members...I will be of physical blessing on a church that has been of spiritual blessing to me and my family. As a matter of fact philantropy in the house of GOD has testified results (out of regenerated heart). Now what the church does with the money goes a long way. If it is not blessing peaple's life physical and spiritually it is then you need to reconsider the kind of fold you are a member...if you're moving on don't judge. Giving is spiritual transaction that peaple of wisdom are able to claim it's benefit through faith.
Re: Collecting Change After Giving Offering by Shakathezulu1: 1:11pm On Jan 15, 2023
truthCoder:
Lol

Comot your eye for church money, na pastor get am

Apostoli must-to hear this.

2 Likes

Re: Collecting Change After Giving Offering by Pat081: 1:17pm On Jan 15, 2023
Why calling Catholic Church Do you read Catholic in d post
Shellsploit:
Catholic church sef
Re: Collecting Change After Giving Offering by Shalommy(f): 1:19pm On Jan 15, 2023
Candidlady:
wink

when ifirst saw your post.. ihad to check the profile to know if it wasn't cloned cheesy

you want Freda to kill me bah cheesy

Who is Freda
Re: Collecting Change After Giving Offering by Shalommy(f): 1:41pm On Jan 15, 2023
Candidlady:
wink

when ifirst saw your post.. ihad to check the profile to know if it wasn't cloned cheesy

you want Freda to kill me bah cheesy

Hey, i know now who is freda. Well, that's cool and i won't stress you again. wink Chaii cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Collecting Change After Giving Offering by FashionCookie(f): 3:09pm On Jan 15, 2023
goodmorning40:

If that Pastor no pay back with better flog, I'm not my father's daughter...
I go show am undiluted werey on a Sunday morning. And others go learn lesson. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Did God Really Write The Bible? / The Divine Pattern Of Wealth Transfer In The Last Days - Joseph Prince Sermon / Jesus Seen Live In St Paul Catholic Church In Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.