Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History (44801 Views)

English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists / Dani Alves Becomes The Most Decorated Player In Football History / Paul Onuachu Scores Second Fastest Goal In International Football History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by robosky02(m): 12:21pm On Aug 15, 2021
FIFA: Okocha One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History

World football governing body FIFA has described legendary Nigerian midfielder Austin Okocha as one of the most electrifying players in football history.

FIFA stated this while celebrating Okocha who turned 48 years on Saturday.

“Jay-Jay Okocha: so good they named him twice,” FIFA wrote on Twitter.

“Happy birthday to Africa’s equivalent of @10Ronaldinho and one of the most electrifying players in football history.”

Okocha was a member of the Super Eagles squad that won the 1994 AFCON in Tunisia and also featured at the World Cup that same year.

He featured at two more World Cups in France 1998 and Korea/Japan 2002.

He played a key role as Nigeria’s Dream Team won gold in the football event at the 1996 Atlanta Olympic games.

In 1998 he became Africa’s most expensive player when PSG signed him from Fenerbahce for £14m.

After departing PSG in 2002, he joined Bolton Wanderers and led them to the final of the 2004 League Cup, where they lost 2-1 to Middlesbrough.

https://www.completesports.com/fifa-okocha-one-of-the-most-electrifying-players-in-football-history/

85 Likes 11 Shares

Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by robosky02(m): 12:27pm On Aug 15, 2021

132 Likes 8 Shares

Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by ojun50(m): 12:31pm On Aug 15, 2021
Na so, all will be well

1 Like

Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by OkuFaba(m): 12:40pm On Aug 15, 2021
Guess FIFA is owing him an Electrifying Award

102 Likes 11 Shares

Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by BESTScientist1: 12:53pm On Aug 15, 2021
All these noise makers about Lioness Mercy, Christmas Ronald, Ronaldeyino, etc... I've watched Alla Dem play. None dazzles like my J.J. OKOCHA. I so mastered very few of his skills, that till today I sometimes have teenage footballers ask me how I could do that.
But for "high level racism", they never gave him Balloon, talk less of Balon D'or. Someone whom Ronaldinho attributed his skills to perfectly mastering J.J. Skills when he won the world best award. I repeat, I will only respect all these "proud show offs" called world best footballers if they go to little clubs and drag them out of obscurity to limelight. E.g Lioness Mercy.

"He's so good. They named him twice" but wasn't declared. I've see free kicks by many greats but there were two of J.J's, my father and my God!!!!!, Beat all the laws of parabolic motion, went to the far left and back to right and zoooom into the net. DSTV used it for advert for 3years until I guess, a jealous soul would have said, "that's a disgrace to us na, stop it". As good as Mercy (or Grace) is, he dare not try to dribble the whole pitch, see an open net and return to dribble everyone again before scoring. His legs will be up in flames at the closest orthopedic hospital. Respect Sir J.J. A fan forever. Indomine generation will NEVER understand.

389 Likes 35 Shares

Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by Ololanla: 12:53pm On Aug 15, 2021
Well said
Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by Simeony007(m): 12:53pm On Aug 15, 2021
So good they named him twice grin grin grin grin

21 Likes

Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by kambili999(f): 12:53pm On Aug 15, 2021
That should attract an electrifying award

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by osamz007: 12:53pm On Aug 15, 2021
OkuFaba:
Guess FIFA is owing him an Electrifying Award

5 Likes

Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by affable4(m): 12:53pm On Aug 15, 2021
Watching Okocha play those days just gives me joy. Dude single handedly tried to make things happen against Denmark at France '98.

An entertainer, a footballer. So good, they named him twice. Jay Jay!

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by Pochettino(f): 12:53pm On Aug 15, 2021
We women just don't know what we are missing by not following football. So sad

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by drizslim(m): 12:53pm On Aug 15, 2021
Yet it took CAF forever to decorate him

Africans don't love each other equally

18 Likes

Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 15, 2021
He retired too early joor
Maybe I would have been a football fan if he still plays

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by Starboytwo(m): 12:53pm On Aug 15, 2021
Before nko

What’s the meaning of Africa’s equivalent
shay okocha wa Kere ni

Insider report told me ronaldinho use to call Okocha “Boda” that time for psg. Dem Nor be mate ask pochettino.

My only “ish” with jay jay was he didn’t score many goals. After a nice dribble run, kindly finish with a goal. Sadly he didn’t do that. Super Amazing Baller.

22 Likes

Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by Jeromejnr(m): 12:53pm On Aug 15, 2021
This dude and Ronaldinho used to give me joy.

Joga Bonito.

15 Likes

Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by Jas80: 12:53pm On Aug 15, 2021
Jay Jay

He is so good, they named him twice

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by Bantino(m): 12:54pm On Aug 15, 2021
Very electrifying and one of the best in the round leather game

4 Likes

Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by gigabyte13: 12:54pm On Aug 15, 2021
robosky02:
Electric award

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a24QwIYdxg4

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin

Electric award indeed
But eeeehn okocha Sabi ball Abeg
Very exciting to watch

9 Likes

Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by cameroncucumber(m): 12:54pm On Aug 15, 2021
Happy birthday to the legendary football maestro Augustine Azuka Okocha. Issa Hayatou might have done his worst, first them carry your 98 apoty give Moroccan Hadji , later na Eto still collect am in 2004. You might not have been recognized with any coveted individual award in football , but those who watched you knows you were robbed. Growing up, You were a darling to watch, kids wrote your name at the back of their shirts just to show you how dey idolized you. If you were to be an European or a South American, I am very sure you would have scooped alot of individual football awards

16 Likes

Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by CyberEBOLA(m): 12:54pm On Aug 15, 2021
THAT LOCAL CHAMPION?
Mtcheeeeww

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by stano2(m): 12:54pm On Aug 15, 2021
Yes nau
Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by musicwriter(m): 12:55pm On Aug 15, 2021
If I say this some may find it outrageous but what we need is clone Okocha while he's still alive. Advancement in gene science has reached the point where he could be cloned. Otherwise, tell me how we're going to get such a player ever again. The only footballer that can carry the ball from post to post and dribble everyone along the way.

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 15, 2021
I no dey watch football since Okocha no dey show for field again. Na him dey make me watch football then. I love to laugh a lot & his dribbling skills & unsuspected goals/shots gave me joy. grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by Elzazzi: 12:55pm On Aug 15, 2021
cool

Anything associated with Igbos is always electrifying and great. Go check the records for yourself. Igbo Amaka.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by cameroncucumber(m): 12:55pm On Aug 15, 2021
A D.umb assertion by FIFA. Why saying Okocha is Africa's equivalent of Ronaldinho? This is the height of insult and mother of all D.umb comparison.
For crying out loud Okocha was so good they named him twice, magnificent and flamboyant footballer that made us glue to our sanyo black & white TV. He went on to dazzle the world and became a record signing after his exploit in France 98 world cup ( I still can't forget how the commentator said it is Okocha vs Denmark as against Nigeria vs Denmark). Dinho is good, no doubt but saying JJ is his african equivalent na big insult. Even at PsG Dinho was a green horn. The disrespect for Africans is too much , that was how one D.umb reporter was seeking Eto's advice for Fati since Eto played with Messi, you can imagine the insult. Eto been an outspoken man of honor quickly corrected the st.upid reporter that Messi played with him(Eto) and he didnt play with Messi...

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:55pm On Aug 15, 2021
Happy birthday to Africa’s equivalent of @10Ronaldinho and one of the most electrifying players in football history.”

From all of us @[/b] : Happy Birthday to the most skillful football player to ever come out from Africa.

He is so good, his mother named him twice.

Words of wisdom for the wise people

[b]The things you took for granted, someone else is praying to have.

We Rise.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by ignis: 12:55pm On Aug 15, 2021
without cups to show..
Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by Effulgent(m): 12:55pm On Aug 15, 2021
I didn't really see or witness him play.

but mehn, my parents will always sing praises of him, how is leg is like a magnet and all that.

I guess he deserves it anyways, even if I missed his era. I didn't miss Messi and Ronaldo's era, I'm actually happy for this.

or should I say I'm happy to be alive to witness this duo play.I will also tell me children how great these guys(messi and Ronald) are is / was.

modified: Some have started the indomie generation stuff, damn. I ain't indomie generation, I've not been a football fan from scratch. I just picked interest and my year of interest coincided with Messi era ....

not watching him dosent mean I wasn't born then

10 Likes

Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by femixville(m): 12:55pm On Aug 15, 2021
They recognised him although, but with no award given.. Hypocrites

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lionel Messi's La Liga Record Is Mind-blowing (Photos) / How Does FIFA Make Money From World Cup? / Referee Danny Makkelie Apologies For Ronaldo's Disallowed Goal Vs Serbia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.