Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,722 members, 7,813,385 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:38 AM

FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History (44781 Views)

English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists / Dani Alves Becomes The Most Decorated Player In Football History / Paul Onuachu Scores Second Fastest Goal In International Football History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by desire4love: 2:30pm On Aug 15, 2021
Great player in his days.
Happy Birthday, J J my brother.
Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by toxtimmy: 2:30pm On Aug 15, 2021
Okocha had a gift from the gods with respect to football and he has achieved something with it that a lot of footballers will give anything for today.

However, that being said he would have been a soccer god himself if he took his gift seriously and worked hard to improve... A lot of our Nigerian footballers don't take football as work... they take it as I don arrive once they get a contract overseas and that's it...i.e. they just enjoy and relax such as drink beer, no healthy food to help thier career, smoking, no personal training to imagine and execute skills outside team training, no meditation to see a vision outside the current state they can achieve, keeping very late nights during the season, multiple girlfriends that take thier time and energy, they don't study the greats that came before them to learn how they did things to become legend such as trading habits etc.

They don't know say football get life span..i.e. once you hit 30 plus year old na almost retirement time be that.

Okocha should have been top 3 player in the world but all the skills he was gifted with only got him as far as he was casually ready to go... Even at that he is the most skilful Nigerian player I have seen... But again skills without vision, strategy and work is just skills.

robosky02:

FIFA: Okocha One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History

https://www.completesports.com/fifa-okocha-one-of-the-most-electrifying-players-in-football-history/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by CSTRR: 2:31pm On Aug 15, 2021
Contango:

True, he was not regarded as a Barcelona legend and that was probably because he spent his last days there but notwithstanding, he has other accolades like player of the century to his name. Okocha does not have any international individual award as far as I know.
Well, he won the BBC best African player consistently.

And he is on the list of FIFA greatest 100 ever.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by BESTScientist1: 2:32pm On Aug 15, 2021
You need a sit with with me for some education. A player that turned Thiery Henry, Frank Lampard, etc into ridiculous footballers when they met with him. Opponents stood still to watch him move, stadium(visiting and home fans o) erupts at the dribbles of JJ....in today's football. Name one of your people that can commands such. Or may be na dem say Dem you hear, you never really watched him play.

azpekuliar:

Oga go siddon somewere!

Person wey no get any end product, how e wan take win Africa best talkess of World best. High level racism my foot. High level racism that did not exist when George Weah was crowned World best.

Those players you mentioned are several light years ahead of Jay-Jay Okocha. The best he can ever hope for is an honorable mention for a slightly above average playing career which FIFA has done.

QED.
Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by donmik: 2:32pm On Aug 15, 2021
BESTScientist1:
All these noise makers about Lioness Mercy, Christmas Ronald, Ronaldeyino, etc... I've watched Alla Dem play. None dazzles like my J.J. OKOCHA. I so mastered very few of his skills, that till today I sometimes have teenage footballers ask me how I could do that.
But for "high level racism", they never gave him Balloon, talk less of Balon D'or. Someone whom Ronaldinho attributed his skills to perfectly mastering J.J. Skills when he won the world best award. I repeat, I will only respect all these "proud show offs" called world best footballers if they go to little clubs and drag them out of obscurity to limelight. E.g Lioness Mercy.

"He's so good. They named him twice" but wasn't declared. I've see free kicks by many greats but there were two of J.J's, my father and my God!!!!!, Beat all the laws of parabolic motion, went to the far left and back to right and zoooom into the net. DSTV used it for advert for 3years until I guess, a jealous soul would have said, "that's a disgrace to us na, stop it". As good as Mercy (or Grace) is, he dare not try to dribble the whole pitch, see an open net and return to dribble everyone again before scoring. His legs will be up in flames at the closest orthopedic hospital. Respect Sir J.J. A fan forever. Indomine generation will NEVER understand.

I love him so much. He is a sweet star to watch, though unlucky to be in the limelight like some stars.
Of all his skills, Ronaldinho did more exciting and numerous skills than Okocha.
Go get their best from FIFA TV. I mean their fullest best of their skills.
Messi and CR7 don't have his skills but they created more success in their team's than Okocha.
Success in FB is mainly in goals, no of games played, trophies, assist created.
I miss Okocha though but give honour to whom honour is due

1 Like

Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by BESTScientist1: 2:33pm On Aug 15, 2021
God bless you bro
mu2sa2:
I swear you've said it all - all truth and nothing but the truth.
I have not seen any player display such dexterity as okocha since perhaps Pele. Not a single player, I swear.
Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by CSTRR: 2:34pm On Aug 15, 2021
Also I feel what happened to jay Jay was that he didn't grow from a European academy and so never had the proper coaching at a young age to fine tune his natural talents into sharp effectiveness.

He grew up playing in the streets of Nigeria, where football was skills and insha Allah.
Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by Nobody: 2:37pm On Aug 15, 2021
Starboytwo:
Before nko

What’s the meaning of Africa’s equivalent
shay okocha wa Kere ni

Insider report told me ronaldinho use to call Okocha “Boda” that time for psg. Dem Nor be mate ask pochettino.

My only “ish” with jay jay was he didn’t score many goals. After a nice dribble run, kindly finish with a goal. Sadly he didn’t do that. Super Amazing Baller.

He was more of a show guy.
Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by BESTScientist1: 2:39pm On Aug 15, 2021
grin grin help me ask him o
sirchim:
can you trap a football?

1 Like

Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by BESTScientist1: 2:42pm On Aug 15, 2021
I feel bad that you're arguing with a novice

Psalmistproject:

How would you know about Jay Jay?

Since you have a low term memory or you were below 20yrs you should have just watched the video which was just a few of his performance on international platforms put together but no, you are low on data.

Now tell me how someone that can't afford internet data to watch YouTube video of 11mins make a good critic.
Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by Thunderfayayou: 2:44pm On Aug 15, 2021
robosky02:

https://www.completesports.com/fifa-okocha-one-of-the-most-electrifying-players-in-football-history/

What about AMU-NA-IKE?
Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by BESTScientist1: 2:44pm On Aug 15, 2021
But for God, I'd have had you insulted. But that was so hilarious. You're sooo funny

Psalmistproject:

At least he is wearing a crown in his Betking ad.
Lol.
Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by BESTScientist1: 2:47pm On Aug 15, 2021
It's a sign of weakness, abusing others because you want to make a point. Be civil plz

Newton85:
Lol, so many delusional people on here. Please, if it was because of "high level racism" that Okocha didn't win the world footballer of the year award, did he also not win the African footballer of the year award because of "high level racism"? And wasn't there "high level racism" when George Weah won the World best player award in 1995? Do you Okocha cultists think at all before commenting? This is getting annoying at this point.
Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by Beona88: 2:49pm On Aug 15, 2021
see below

Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by Austeeenxx: 3:03pm On Aug 15, 2021
The guy was a rich man's Adama Traore; simply put, Adama Traore on steriods.
Give me Kanu anyday, anytime.

If you like quote to insult me, e no concern me, I dey Bet9ja shop dey watch BBnaija.
Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by ToyinDipo(m): 3:03pm On Aug 15, 2021
He was also one of the dumbest players in football history, all skills no brain
Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by goodheart02(m): 3:07pm On Aug 15, 2021
Effulgent:
I didn't really see or witness him play.

but mehn, my parents will always sing praises of him, how is leg is like a magnet and all that.

I guess he deserves it anyways, even if I missed his era. I didn't miss Messi and Ronaldo's era, I'm actually happy for this.

or should I say I'm happy to be alive to witness this duo play.I will also tell me children how great these guys(messi and Ronald) are is / was.

modified: Some have started the indomie generation stuff, damn. I ain't indomie generation, I've not been a football fan from scratch. I just picked interest and my year of interest coincided with Messi era ....

not watching him dosent mean I wasn't born then

My friend go sidon jare, u be indomie generation. Even a goat that doesn't watch football still know about JayJay
Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by Okhuadams(m): 3:08pm On Aug 15, 2021
robosky02:

Is that a new FIFA award, that means Uncle JJ is the first Africa and indeed the first in the footballing history to win the most Electrifying Electrical plus Electrician player in the world,. JJ a big congratulations to u and the whole of Nigeria
Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by masui(m): 3:09pm On Aug 15, 2021
Psalmistproject:

At least he is wearing a crown in his Betking ad.
Lol.

Guy, you no well ooo. Him supposed dey share sure odds give boys nah.

grin grin
Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by dboo442: 3:16pm On Aug 15, 2021
Jj was an outstanding player in his days but dazzling and dribbling doesn't bring money to the main box, banging goals brings winning and trophies, nobody is interested in dribble only rather interested in dribbling and banging goals
BESTScientist1:
All these noise makers about Lioness Mercy, Christmas Ronald, Ronaldeyino, etc... I've watched Alla Dem play. None dazzles like my J.J. OKOCHA. I so mastered very few of his skills, that till today I sometimes have teenage footballers ask me how I could do that.
But for "high level racism", they never gave him Balloon, talk less of Balon D'or. Someone whom Ronaldinho attributed his skills to perfectly mastering J.J. Skills when he won the world best award. I repeat, I will only respect all these "proud show offs" called world best footballers if they go to little clubs and drag them out of obscurity to limelight. E.g Lioness Mercy.

"He's so good. They named him twice" but wasn't declared. I've see free kicks by many greats but there were two of J.J's, my father and my God!!!!!, Beat all the laws of parabolic motion, went to the far left and back to right and zoooom into the net. DSTV used it for advert for 3years until I guess, a jealous soul would have said, "that's a disgrace to us na, stop it". As good as Mercy (or Grace) is, he dare not try to dribble the whole pitch, see an open net and return to dribble everyone again before scoring. His legs will be up in flames at the closest orthopedic hospital. Respect Sir J.J. A fan forever. Indomine generation will NEVER understand.
Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by robosky02(m): 3:18pm On Aug 15, 2021
Okhuadams:
Is that a new FIFA award, that means Uncle JJ is the first Africa and indeed the first in the footballing history to win the most Electrifying Electrical plus Electrician player in the world,. JJ a big congratulations to u and the whole of Nigeria

Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by macho44(m): 3:27pm On Aug 15, 2021
robosky02:

So Good, they named him twice "Jay-Jay" grin grin grin grin grin grin, Now y'all know why cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Tired Of Paying For Premium SEO & DIGITAL MARKETING Tools? Get Instant Access To Over 150+ Premium SEO & DIGITAL Marketing Tools For FREE Today @ FreeToolsHub
Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by Seunfretty: 3:32pm On Aug 15, 2021
Okocha is a legend and gave us something sweet to watch over an over again ...he displayed magnificent skills that gave a spot light on our nation ...he might fall short in awards and trophies ..but he was a special player...another thing which made him No so recognized is him been black and again i must say this....Jay Jay started taking responsibility as a leader a little late is his carrier...even with all his display in psg ..he wasn't really a leader on the pitch ...the adverse effect of how serious he turned up in games sometimes...at a point they even preferred bringing him in early hours of the game....Jay Jay was good ofcourse but he never was really so productive in Europe....when i say productive I mean his impact...every knew he could dribble everyone on the pitch ...but how about the number of times he losses possession due to his skillful display...now go through the best of okocha and tell me the percentage of his displays leaded to a goal....MOST DIDNT!!...it was until he got to Bolton and was given captaincy that was wen he started been responsible...giving passes wen due and looked for his team mates more....that's an aspect maib a player like Ronaldinho is better ..he always display skills but most of this skills either turned to a goal or was a final pass to a goal ...let's be realistic ...if okocha should be playing now ..do u tink most attack minded coaches like Guardiola....klopp..or Zidane will Wana have him in their team....FOOTBALL IS BUSINESS....players can't be running into spaces expecting a final pass while u hold on to the ball and do stunts just to dribble one player....there so many player that are so very skillful in modern day soccer...but u will see most of them on the best ...have u ever asked urself why....it's cos like I said football is business and ur stunts are a waste of time if u loose...but ofcourse his the best black dribbler have seen
Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by Basic123: 3:32pm On Aug 15, 2021
BassReeves:

Okocha has now confirmed the story, saying Ronaldinho learned from him during their time together at PSG.

Okocha and Ronaldinho played together for the French champions in the 2001/2002 season. The Brazilian legend arrived at the Paris based club from Gremio as an exciting youngster, while Okocha was already an established star at the club.

Although they only played for one season before Okocha moved to Bolton in 2002, the Barcelona legend was still able to learn some skills from the ex-Nigerian international.

Ronaldinho tried to imitate some of my skills and dribbles, he was still a young player before I left for England, and he joined Barcelona,” Okocha told ‘On-time sports, per AS.

The Brazilian legend learnt well as he went on to dominate the sport for two years after leaving PSG for Barcelona.

Ronaldinho in his own right, is a goat, just as Jay-Jay in his own is a goat too.

Jay-Jay's star didnt shine to the degree Ronaldinho has, same way Ronaldinho's star was eclipsed by Messi', and waned when Messi joined his club and started shinning. Ronaldinho took young Messi under his wing, just as Jay-Jay did to Ronaldinho back in their PSG days

You saw Ronaldinho on the bench marvelling and gushing at Jay-Jay's masterful footballing skill display and jumping up at how Jay-Jay scored the goal. Also in that other match of both playing together see how Jay-Jay slipped Ronaldinho that pass, of which after Ronaldinho scored, Ronaldinho ran towards Jay-Jay pointing enthusiastically at him and then bowing down to Jay-Jay respectfully over and over again, in that 'I am not worthy' gesture fashion
I love this analysis,EVIDENCE BASED ANALYSIS!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by Newton85: 3:38pm On Aug 15, 2021
BESTScientist1:
It's a sign of weakness, abusing others because you want to make a point. Be civil plz

Are you saying calling obvious idiots 'idiots' is a sign of weakness?
Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by NotFarFrom: 3:42pm On Aug 15, 2021
Not electrifying enough to win the world best abi?
Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by Fortez: 4:00pm On Aug 15, 2021
Really
Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by Binchim001: 4:26pm On Aug 15, 2021
BESTScientist1:

Well done sir, I am just too perplexed how Fifa would come on his birthday be making noise when u never recognized this guy in his playing days.
I was so engulfed with Jay Jay, he is a skill workshop. I mastered all his tricks too and practised them. JJ I such a delight to watch!
Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by Binchim001: 4:30pm On Aug 15, 2021
affable4:
Watching Okocha play those days just gives me joy. Dude single handedly tried to make things happen against Denmark at France '98.

An entertainer, a footballer. So good, they named him twice. Jay Jay!

Even the commentary said it... All the drivers the shooting, Okocha will do everything..
His shots were just not always hitting the target, probably something I have noticed with all this older days puma boots, I guessed they have improved on it
Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by SEGLIZ: 5:20pm On Aug 15, 2021
BESTScientist1:

I will be an hypocrite if I don't like and comment on this post.

bless you for saying this, I expect the noodles, android and iphone generation to argue with their keyboards and keypad.
Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by Habib101: 5:30pm On Aug 15, 2021
True he bring excitement on the pitch one of the best players that joy to d fans especially Nigerians

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Emmanuel Emenike's New House In Imo State (Photos) / Santiago Solari: When Lionel Messi Holds The Ball, The Earth Shakes / #ineverexperredit: Divine Oduduru Graduates From Texas Tech University (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.