Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,276 members, 7,811,804 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:04 PM

FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History (44775 Views)

English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists / Dani Alves Becomes The Most Decorated Player In Football History / Paul Onuachu Scores Second Fastest Goal In International Football History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by flyingdutchman(m): 6:03pm On Aug 15, 2021
Actually, Ronaldinho is South America's JayJay Okocha
Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by malvisguy212: 6:12pm On Aug 15, 2021
IbileIfe:
Matches are won by goals, not by dribbles.
Scorers of goals are more valuable than dribblers.

Happy Birthday Jay-Kay Okocha.
I wish many happier returns for the day with all the thanksgivings to Almighty God.
Cheers!
he is a midfielder, and he score goals..... one of the greatest goal okocha score is against Cameron, in the afcon final, although we lost the match, but that was a mind blowing , long range, perfect curl, the goalkeeper just see net they shake. lol

1 Like

Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by malvisguy212: 6:28pm On Aug 15, 2021
SARSCoV2:

You are right, but you still cannot compare JayJay to Ronaldinho when you want to say electrifying.

Ronaldinho was making everything thing look like a joke. Dude was making football look like a joke, and you cannot even tell of he was dancing or playing football. Atimes when you watch Ronaldinho clips from a traditional perspective, you might want to believe he is using voodoo. Every part of his body was dangerous to football.
I remember one match okocha play for Bolton, he dribble player, even the referee smile, Ball go throwing but the ref did not blow his whistle.
Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by Streetdreamx(m): 6:34pm On Aug 15, 2021
The only award fifa could give to him was to name him twice.
Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by HuncleDee: 6:42pm On Aug 15, 2021
Why would they refer him as African Ronaldinho, why are the whites always fond of this habit of lifting their people above Africans even when it's so clear our pple set the stage for theirs. They called Philip Emeagwali, the bill gate of Africa when he was the one who taught Bill Gate what he know, the other day a journalist said Eto played with Messi, and Eto quickly interrupted and said no, during my time Messi played with me not the other way round.
Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by EXOUSIAng: 7:05pm On Aug 15, 2021
BESTScientist1:
All these noise makers about Lioness Mercy, Christmas Ronald, Ronaldeyino, etc... I've watched Alla Dem play. None dazzles like my J.J. OKOCHA. I so mastered very few of his skills, that till today I sometimes have teenage footballers ask me how I could do that.
But for "high level racism", they never gave him Balloon, talk less of Balon D'or. Someone whom Ronaldinho attributed his skills to perfectly mastering J.J. Skills when he won the world best award. I repeat, I will only respect all these "proud show offs" called world best footballers if they go to little clubs and drag them out of obscurity to limelight. E.g Lioness Mercy.

"He's so good. They named him twice" but wasn't declared. I've see free kicks by many greats but there were two of J.J's, my father and my God!!!!!, Beat all the laws of parabolic motion, went to the far left and back to right and zoooom into the net. DSTV used it for advert for 3years until I guess, a jealous soul would have said, "that's a disgrace to us na, stop it". As good as Mercy (or Grace) is, he dare not try to dribble the whole pitch, see an open net and return to dribble everyone again before scoring. His legs will be up in flames at the closest orthopedic hospital. Respect Sir J.J. A fan forever. Indomine generation will NEVER understand.
You obviously don't know the requisites for being awarded the world best.... No be skills them dey use.
Did he win the UCL?
Did he win the french league?
How far did his home country go in international tournaments?
Go and check what make a world best player and you will agree that Okocha tho an exceptional player at his time had wasn't cheated.
Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by Imustnottalk: 7:53pm On Aug 15, 2021
BESTScientist1:
All these noise makers about Lioness Mercy, Christmas Ronald, Ronaldeyino, etc... I've watched Alla Dem play. None dazzles like my J.J. OKOCHA. I so mastered very few of his skills, that till today I sometimes have teenage footballers ask me how I could do that.
But for "high level racism", they never gave him Balloon, talk less of Balon D'or. Someone whom Ronaldinho attributed his skills to perfectly mastering J.J. Skills when he won the world best award. I repeat, I will only respect all these "proud show offs" called world best footballers if they go to little clubs and drag them out of obscurity to limelight. E.g Lioness Mercy.

"He's so good. They named him twice" but wasn't declared. I've see free kicks by many greats but there were two of J.J's, my father and my God!!!!!, Beat all the laws of parabolic motion, went to the far left and back to right and zoooom into the net. DSTV used it for advert for 3years until I guess, a jealous soul would have said, "that's a disgrace to us na, stop it". As good as Mercy (or Grace) is, he dare not try to dribble the whole pitch, see an open net and return to dribble everyone again before scoring. His legs will be up in flames at the closest orthopedic hospital. Respect Sir J.J. A fan forever. Indomine generation will NEVER understand.
jayjajy came so early I wish nah this era he dey he for win work best sef till that he is still a legend
Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by Imustnottalk: 7:54pm On Aug 15, 2021
EXOUSIAng:

You obviously don't know the requisites for being awarded the world best.... No be skills them dey use.
Did he win the UCL?
Did he win the french league?
How far did his home country go in international tournaments?
Go and check what make a world best player and you will agree that Okocha tho an exceptional player at his time had wasn't cheated.
he said indomie generation will not understand,you are one of them for saying this
Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by EXOUSIAng: 8:22pm On Aug 15, 2021
Imustnottalk:
he said indomie generation will not understand,you are one of them for saying this
If you call someone who followed USA '94 indomie generation. Na you sabi
Remember "you must not talk"
Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by Imustnottalk: 8:30pm On Aug 15, 2021
EXOUSIAng:

If you call someone who followed USA '94 indomie generation. Na you sabi
Remember "you must not talk"
if you have been following football since that year and you talk like this there is problem with black people
Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by zoedew: 9:08pm On Aug 15, 2021
Sure! A well-rounded footballer is not just a sportsman who scores goals but also an entertainer.
Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by rosinkkit: 9:11pm On Aug 15, 2021
JAY JAY OKOCHA - THE MASTER OF DRIBBLING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsC1qmzVEnI
Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by bab22: 9:20pm On Aug 15, 2021
BESTScientist1:

JJ Okocha. The Greatest of All Times
Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by funkyjms: 11:10pm On Aug 15, 2021
BESTScientist1:
...he dare not try to dribble the whole pitch, see an open net and return to dribble everyone again before scoring...

BTW, I will like to know the match JJ did this? Been hearing this for a long time.
Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by robosky02(m): 11:45pm On Aug 15, 2021
ignis:
without cups to show..

He won 1994 nations cup for Nigeria in Tunisia

He also won 1996 Atlanta Olympic gold medal...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCvhWIsTwmE
Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by robosky02(m): 11:50pm On Aug 15, 2021
HuncleDee:
Why would they refer him as African Ronaldinho, why are the whites always fond of this habit of lifting their people above Africans even when it's so clear our pple set the stage for theirs. They called Philip Emeagwali, the bill gate of Africa when he was the one who taught Bill Gate what he know, the other day a journalist said Eto played with Messi, and Eto quickly interrupted and said no, during my time Messi played with me not the other way round.

Okocha was the master to

Ronaldinho, pochettino, Mikel arteta back in PSG

2 Likes

Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by Rexymania(m): 12:00am On Aug 16, 2021
Bobo calm down. Okocha did not dribble the whole field and come back to dribble them again before scoring. Fable

BESTScientist1:

Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by ATTemi: 5:17am On Aug 16, 2021
Okocha, Quaresema, Obertan, Saint-Maximin, Djalminha, Oktay Derelioğlu, Fernando Redondo, Denilson, Omar Sívori have one thing in common.....they are great entertainers with the football but na end product of the entertainment spoil their career!
Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by ShedrachU(m): 7:08am On Aug 16, 2021
Pochettino:
We women just don't know what we are missing by not following football. So sad

Have seen your comment three times here. I am already liking you grin
Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by mrkings84(m): 7:34am On Aug 16, 2021
BESTScientist1:

His only error was being a black cos I can't say he came too early....

1 Like

Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by Effulgent(m): 7:55am On Aug 16, 2021
goodheart02:

My friend go sidon jare, u be indomie generation. Even a goat that doesn't watch football still know about JayJay

I only said I didn't watch him play.. did I say I didn't know him?

Understanding is profitable, you know right? and right comprehension is golden
Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by FullBlastLight: 10:55am On Aug 16, 2021
Pochettino:
We women just don't know what we are missing by not following football. So sad

When u finish deceiving urself, ur eyes wld be clear anyhow!

...we know those who are women 4 real!

Can u imagine a dude hiding behind dis moniker 2 claim feminine all of d times!

Don't u ever try 2 try us; we can detect anything, aswear! cool
Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by criuze(m): 11:14am On Aug 16, 2021
My youg eyes was glued on the feet of the legend, that was frim the Atlanta 96 and the result was that i can take away souls with my dribbling

I've stopped football for year, but the genius still dey

But no matter what Ronaldinho is my world best for ever and ever
Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by HuncleDee: 2:28pm On Aug 16, 2021
robosky02:

Okocha was the master to

Ronaldinho, pochettino, Mikel arteta back in PSG

Exactly
Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by AlmaIganishire: 7:48pm On Aug 16, 2021
He is one of the greatest footballers of all time He should be recognized with lots of awards.
You can also reward your efforts by joining the biggest Business Reality TV Show and stand a chance to win N15m for your business start up!

REGISTER NOW; https://thenexttitan.com/register/?utm_source=Nairaland&utm_medium=NA&utm_campaign=TNT+Season+8&utm_id=TNTS8 and follow our Instagram page @thenext_titan to stay updated!!!

Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by rosinkkit: 8:03pm On Aug 16, 2021
mrkings84:

His only error was being a black cos I can't say he came too early....

More like being a NIGERIAN.

The west fear Nigerian influence. Nigeria is the giant of Africa. The cultural and economic beacon of the continent. If he was from Liberia or Ghana they would have honoured him, and signed him to their biggest clubs.

He is NIGERIAN, and they couldn't stand to see a NIGERIAN become the best player in the world, as he surely would have been, had he joined Real Madrid or Barcelona, where he belonged, playing among his peers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvOjif5sGaU
Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by DigitB: 6:36am On Aug 17, 2021
I'm waiting for PES mobile to add him as Legend players cool
Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by mrkings84(m): 8:52am On Aug 17, 2021
rosinkkit:

More like being a NIGERIAN.

The west fear Nigerian influence. Nigeria is the giant of Africa. The cultural and economic beacon of the continent. If he was from Liberia or Ghana they would have honoured him, and signed him to their biggest clubs.

He is NIGERIAN, and they couldn't stand to see a NIGERIAN become the best player in the world, as he surely would have been, had he joined Real Madrid or Barcelona, where he belonged, playing among his peers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvOjif5sGaU

You know, the case is like a case where one committed a crime and is being flogged by conscience until they want to confess to the crime. That's the situation of FIFA right now. Conscience is telling them that Okocha deserved more than what he got.....
Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by robosky02(m): 10:49am On Aug 19, 2021
�� � � Happy birthday to 7 time Nigerian Footballer of the year, 2 time BBC African Player Of the year and one of the most gifted footballers of all time

� 1X - AFCON
� AFCON 2004 Best Player & Top Scorer
� 1x - Bolton Wanderers Player Of The Year

We celebrate Mr "So good they named him twice" Jay Jay Okocha on his 48th birthday Today ��

Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by Idiko1: 11:13am On Aug 19, 2021
Yet one wonders while the dumbass Africans did not find it worthy to name him African footballer of the year. It is unfortunate Africans cannot think to produce ropes which can help them commit suicide.
Re: FIFA: Okocha Is One Of The Most Electrifying Players In Football History by rolams(m): 12:32pm On Aug 19, 2021
I lost interest in super eagle after Okocha retired from playing football.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Emmanuel Emenike's New House In Imo State (Photos) / Santiago Solari: When Lionel Messi Holds The Ball, The Earth Shakes / #ineverexperredit: Divine Oduduru Graduates From Texas Tech University (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.