Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,557 members, 7,837,144 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Why Don't Men Wear Engagement Rings? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Don't Men Wear Engagement Rings? (18343 Views)

Why Don't Men Realise That All These Hookup Girls Stink Like Hell? / Why Don't Men Leave Small Girls Alone? / Ladies, Name That Thing Men Wear Which You Don't Like. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Don't Men Wear Engagement Rings? by akdjr(m): 2:22pm On Aug 16, 2021
Mine drew a mark on my hand and I had to drop it before I get a permanent mark.
Re: Why Don't Men Wear Engagement Rings? by MrColdsweat: 2:31pm On Aug 16, 2021
debbydams:
So that they can cheat..men cheat all of them, All of them are cheaters embarassed

Speak for your father, brothers and the men in your family.
Re: Why Don't Men Wear Engagement Rings? by meobizy(f): 2:36pm On Aug 16, 2021
Was it the woman who engaged the man? Last I remember only one engagement ring was bought, for the woman. If the woman engages the man then he can wear it about.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Men Wear Engagement Rings? by EvilNeedle(m): 2:37pm On Aug 16, 2021
debbydams:
So that they can cheat..men cheat all of them, All of them are cheaters embarassed

When did a wedding ring deter cheating?
Re: Why Don't Men Wear Engagement Rings? by Fahdiga(m): 2:40pm On Aug 16, 2021
Onyi22:
Because they are polygamous in nature grin
My small god. I hope you are keeping the cookies tight for me
Re: Why Don't Men Wear Engagement Rings? by AlphikkaTech: 2:40pm On Aug 16, 2021
debbydams:
what are u trying to say? undecided

Men and women are different people and he is absolutely correct.
Re: Why Don't Men Wear Engagement Rings? by Navalsadiq(m): 2:40pm On Aug 16, 2021
Who engaged who

The engaged should be the one wearing the ring
Re: Why Don't Men Wear Engagement Rings? by Parisian: 2:44pm On Aug 16, 2021
If you want to practice your culture , practice it with your full chest in it's entirety not cheery picking what favours you and leaving the rest.

Engagement is a white man's thing and even the white men put on their rings to let the whole world know they're taken. So why do you Nigerian men not wear your engagement rings despite getting engaged or are you trying to teach the white man his own culture?
feezay86:
From time immemorial, man and woman are made different but some people in the name of civilisation want to change the status quo.

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't Men Wear Engagement Rings? by debbydams(f): 2:45pm On Aug 16, 2021
MrColdsweat:

Speak for your father, brothers and the men in your family.
I said what I said ,Are u pained ?
Re: Why Don't Men Wear Engagement Rings? by kingemaker(m): 2:46pm On Aug 16, 2021
debbydams:
Your breakfast will soon digest dear.
Re: Why Don't Men Wear Engagement Rings? by debbydams(f): 2:46pm On Aug 16, 2021
EvilNeedle:

When did a wedding ring deter cheating?
I'm sure u understand English
Re: Why Don't Men Wear Engagement Rings? by Parisian: 2:46pm On Aug 16, 2021
It's a good thing stds don't discriminate grin
Onyi22:
Re: Why Don't Men Wear Engagement Rings? by debbydams(f): 2:46pm On Aug 16, 2021
undecided
kingemaker:

Your breakfast will soon digest dear.
Re: Why Don't Men Wear Engagement Rings? by pretydiva(f): 2:48pm On Aug 16, 2021
BarrSly:
First of, it’s stupid for a man to engage a b!tch.

Secondly it’s foolish to get married cause you are basically caging her and caging yourself.

Now to answer your question, well it’s simple. At the point of engagement a man has found the woman worthy of being his wife so he goes out of his way albeit stupidly to put good money into purchasing a ring and women being the hungry, receiving and attention seeking asses that they are, they take the ring and flaunt it.

If the women were so rich, why not they buy the ring and engage the guy after all we see such instances on the net.

But no they won’t after all ‘her money is her money and his money is OUR money’.
hope you don't have a mother and sisters?

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Men Wear Engagement Rings? by ofiko123(m): 2:48pm On Aug 16, 2021
Many of them cheat, that is why??
Re: Why Don't Men Wear Engagement Rings? by daris(m): 2:49pm On Aug 16, 2021
THEY are not made for us as we do not cherish material things
Re: Why Don't Men Wear Engagement Rings? by prettyomidan: 2:53pm On Aug 16, 2021
Especially seeing women propse these days too cheesy
Re: Why Don't Men Wear Engagement Rings? by buzorcharles(m): 2:59pm On Aug 16, 2021
If she proposes I will wear it.
Re: Why Don't Men Wear Engagement Rings? by Ub8956(m): 3:02pm On Aug 16, 2021
Beebah2000:
Because they wan to continue cheating
Bleep it.
Who made the proposal? Go and propose to a man and see if he won't wear it. Bleep u!
Re: Why Don't Men Wear Engagement Rings? by alizma: 3:04pm On Aug 16, 2021
Idamond:
Why is it that men do not wear engagement rings? They propose to the girl, preferably with a pretty diamond ring which marks her as his, placed on the third finger, the one (supposedly) closest to the heart. A girl with an engagement ring pretty much has a Taken sign on her forehead, warning off any other men who might want to pursue her.
why is it not "THE OTHER WAY ROUND TOO", let the men also put it on to scare other girls.
Is it the woman that is marrying the man or the man?
Re: Why Don't Men Wear Engagement Rings? by Kfed4ril(m): 3:07pm On Aug 16, 2021
Beebah2000:
Because they wan to continue cheating

I proposed to you, you should wear the ring.
If you want me wearing the ring you should propose to me too.
Re: Why Don't Men Wear Engagement Rings? by isax(m): 3:07pm On Aug 16, 2021
Idamond:
Why is it that men do not wear engagement rings? They propose to the girl, preferably with a pretty diamond ring which marks her as his, placed on the third finger, the one (supposedly) closest to the heart. A girl with an engagement ring pretty much has a Taken sign on her forehead, warning off any other men who might want to pursue her.
why is it not "THE OTHER WAY ROUND TOO", let the men also put it on to scare other girls.

If want to lament read the books of Lamentation
Re: Why Don't Men Wear Engagement Rings? by alizma: 3:09pm On Aug 16, 2021
feezay86:
From time immemorial, man and woman are made different but some people in the name of civilisation want to change the status quo.
They just have mental problem not civilization. I have always tell ladies that if they want to enjoy their lives, they should stick to the original plan by the creator or get into trouble listening to all these feminist whatever

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Men Wear Engagement Rings? by d33types: 3:13pm On Aug 16, 2021
debbydams:

Onyi22:

Poor brokeass godforsaken hags.

Did you buy a ring and the man refused it? He should buy the woman a ring and also buy himself one? Where do you ladies keep your senses sef? On jars on top of your old TV sets?

I thank God for my wife, because I fear who nor fear these frustrated witches like you two.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Men Wear Engagement Rings? by alizma: 3:13pm On Aug 16, 2021
debbydams:
You can stop that, when a guy come to engage you, tell him that you will only accept on the condition that he must wear engagement ring too. With that you can stay away from men's cheating and marriage too.
Unfortunately many of you know nothing about what you debate on. Go and find out the concept of engagement ring
Re: Why Don't Men Wear Engagement Rings? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 16, 2021
Ub8956:

Bleep it.
Who made the proposal? Go and propose to a man and see if he won't wear it. Bleep u!
E pain u tongue

Re: Why Don't Men Wear Engagement Rings? by KINGPRIEST777(m): 3:15pm On Aug 16, 2021
Idamond:

Because men are Hunters
Women are game
Re: Why Don't Men Wear Engagement Rings? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Aug 16, 2021
Kfed4ril:

I proposed to you, you should wear the ring.
If you want me wearing the ring you should propose to me too.
U go still wear ring after marriage na,so there's no need for me to propose to you.

Re: Why Don't Men Wear Engagement Rings? by Paswill(m): 3:22pm On Aug 16, 2021
!
Re: Why Don't Men Wear Engagement Rings? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 16, 2021
marwanafrica:

Hajia habiba
Alhaji Marwan cool
Re: Why Don't Men Wear Engagement Rings? by akanjikokoro: 3:22pm On Aug 16, 2021
No reason for that. Infact some pastors didnt use to it at all.
Re: Why Don't Men Wear Engagement Rings? by bizhop01: 3:23pm On Aug 16, 2021
Onyi22:
Stereotype

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Its Wrong To Date UGLY Girls (pictures Added) / Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? / Birthday S£x (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.