Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,129 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Why Getting Married When You Are Struggling Financially Is A Bad Decision! - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Getting Married When You Are Struggling Financially Is A Bad Decision! (34877 Views)

How To Come Out Of Struggling Financially And Become Rich / If You Are Struggling So Hard And Money Hasn't Come, Get Married / To The Married; When Did You Know He/she Was The One For You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Getting Married When You Are Struggling Financially Is A Bad Decision! by hmlsolo: 2:31pm On Aug 16, 2021
My brother, you've said it all. no need for long epistles, he that has ears, let him hear. These words are enough for the wise.

1 Like

Re: Why Getting Married When You Are Struggling Financially Is A Bad Decision! by aod1(m): 2:31pm On Aug 16, 2021
MrBrownJay1:
all you people are looking at marriage with a failed vision.... you dont need money to get married, marriage is just an extention of a r/ship sealed by a useless piece of paper....if you guys were broke and could date happily, then there is no reason why you couldnt get married and still be happy. the problem here is that all you people are thinking that a broke couple should do exactly the same thing as one with money, while the couple with little money needs to ADAPT TO THEIR SITUATION until they have enough money to care for a family (aka children etc)

a lot of people are quick to call a man/woman broke because they only have money to take care of their own needs, but the reality is that there are many people who are broke because they paid their rent, put food in the fridge and paid their bills etc. if 2 broke people join hands, then they can EASILY live happily ever after (so long as they dont try to add to their family). so a broke married couple needs to take contraception, need to cut their coat according to their situation and they need to work towards getting a better life situation in order to have kids etc

it takes money for a single person to take care of their basic need... its called LIFE and everyone should be able to take care of their basic needs before thinking of marriage, same for married ones. you dont need "more" money to get married than the money you each had to take care of your basic needs, if your spouse cant/couldnt take care of their basic needs then you shouldnt get married and that person should sort that part of their lives 1st before thinking of getting married, as they are a LIABILITY

as for your hustle statement, no wonder so many men fail in marriage when they think that having money to take care of a liability is the solution to their problem....a liability is a LIABILITY whether you bring more money to the table or not.
Let me buttress your point, No matter the amount of money you think you need to save or success you need to have before you marry, what if after the marriage, life happens, I mean you may lose some money, job or the success. So there isn't any guarantee whether you have made money before you marry or not that all will be rosy. The most important thing like you've said is for the couple to make proper plan accordingly. And on the issue of God not blessing/manner, your unbelief has made you not to experience it. I'm a living testimony. Before I asked my wife to marry me, I get 2-3 gigs a year. From the day I sought permission from her parent to marry her, I've not had a full 1 month rest. It's been from one gig to another. You'll be blessed as much as you believe.

7 Likes

Re: Why Getting Married When You Are Struggling Financially Is A Bad Decision! by solidmyk(m): 2:32pm On Aug 16, 2021
You're very correct sir, so many men are been mislead by the quote that what it'll take to raise a kid will be provided by the heavens, I just pity any man wey go fall for am because las las na you go suffer am
And for the ladies who kept forcing you to get married to them they're just trying to save their head so they won't turn to evening newspaper, it brings no benefits for the man. So many young guys in this situation don turn skeleton finish

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Getting Married When You Are Struggling Financially Is A Bad Decision! by 1onebigman(m): 2:32pm On Aug 16, 2021
Though am not married but I have stayed close to lots of married couples and I can tell you this inside' poverty,poverty dey..if you can feed your family and afford to pay all your bills even if you are staying in a one room apartment your marriage might not be all rossy but yo will still have respect and some joy but you see that kind poverty wey you can't even afford to feed or pay your family bills, everything will change name it,respect , honor infact everything that makes you a man will lose its value when it comes to you..so in essence guyz make we hustle hard even though we no become millionaire but atleast to have thousands enough to before thinking or going into marriage.

9 Likes

Re: Why Getting Married When You Are Struggling Financially Is A Bad Decision! by Raalsalghul: 2:33pm On Aug 16, 2021
https://www.nairaland.com/6632548/urgent-needed

Based on the above thread, the Op has a right to his submission.

Thumbs up!
Re: Why Getting Married When You Are Struggling Financially Is A Bad Decision! by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 16, 2021
buJu234:
u re right in some way..

what about a case, where the lady is not getting younger (>28yr) and she has spent the last 2-3yrs with u..

what will u still advise the man?

Is not a law for everyone to get married sir

2 Likes

Re: Why Getting Married When You Are Struggling Financially Is A Bad Decision! by Raalsalghul: 2:35pm On Aug 16, 2021
udoji2021:

Some circumstances will make you to take such decision. But it's not good to advice someone to marry empty hand. The suffering no be here

What kind of circumstances?
Re: Why Getting Married When You Are Struggling Financially Is A Bad Decision! by sunkieisland(m): 2:35pm On Aug 16, 2021
As much as I agree with your school of thought, I also think that there are some outliers in this case. A man might be struggling financially, marries someone that loves him and he loves; someone who is willing to also support him; meeting him halfway and build the family together, then something good can happen to them if they continue to work hard.

However, if the said man is a slob and the wife is someone with an entitlement mentality, who is also lazy, he's entered "one chance" already. He'll struggle to make ends meet and be miserable all the days of his life.

3 Likes

Re: Why Getting Married When You Are Struggling Financially Is A Bad Decision! by Lamasta(m): 2:36pm On Aug 16, 2021
udoji2021:

With all due respect sir,
Money stops almost all, if not all the nonsense I mentioned up there, infact, money/wealth is one of the criteria for a happy marriage.
With all the money Bill gates has why did his marriage crash if I follow your analogy

8 Likes

Re: Why Getting Married When You Are Struggling Financially Is A Bad Decision! by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 16, 2021
LZAA:
May God continue to bless you OP
I have been preaching this for years but deluded folks keep believing that c*rap that blessings come when you marry grin grin

God bless you too.

Those who have ears should hear

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Getting Married When You Are Struggling Financially Is A Bad Decision! by NNEWIsuper: 2:36pm On Aug 16, 2021
MrBrownJay1:
all you people are looking at marriage with a failed vision.... you dont need money to get married, marriage is just an extention of a r/ship sealed by a useless piece of paper....if you guys were broke and could date happily, then there is no reason why you couldnt get married and still be happy. the problem here is that all you people are thinking that a broke couple should do exactly the same thing as one with money, while the couple with little money needs to ADAPT TO THEIR SITUATION until they have enough money to care for a family (aka children etc)

a lot of people are quick to call a man/woman broke because they only have money to take care of their own needs, but the reality is that there are many people who are broke because they paid their rent, put food in the fridge and paid their bills etc. if 2 broke people join hands, then they can EASILY live happily ever after (so long as they dont try to add to their family). so a broke married couple needs to take contraception, need to cut their coat according to their situation and they need to work towards getting a better life situation in order to have kids etc

it takes money for a single person to take care of their basic need... its called LIFE and everyone should be able to take care of their basic needs before thinking of marriage, same for married ones. you dont need "more" money to get married than the money you each had to take care of your basic needs, if your spouse cant/couldnt take care of their basic needs then you shouldnt get married and that person should sort that part of their lives 1st before thinking of getting married, as they are a LIABILITY

as for your hustle statement, no wonder so many men fail in marriage when they think that having money to take care of a liability is the solution to their problem....a liability is a LIABILITY whether you bring more money to the table or not.
My man you summarised it so well. The problem is that people get married and immediately start pumping out kids, doesn't work that way. If people can just marry and stay like they were while dating then all these wailing won't happen

1 Like

Re: Why Getting Married When You Are Struggling Financially Is A Bad Decision! by lexy2014: 2:37pm On Aug 16, 2021
Lamasta:

With all the money Bill gates has why did his marriage crash if I follow your analogy

Thank u
Re: Why Getting Married When You Are Struggling Financially Is A Bad Decision! by Timblaze(m): 2:38pm On Aug 16, 2021
Manq:
Money isn't everything but something in marriage.. I got married with an income lower than 50k managed to startup a small business for her, along the line she got a job, now I have my own business combined with my job. We have a kid and now thinking of adding another one to the family. So we combine all our incomes from work and business.. wasn't easy t the start but look at us now! Na God.. I'm not saying she's the best human in the world neither I'm I. But when you see what you need in life, kill (not to spill blood) to get it cos it's either u or them. I took her from someone who was playing with her heart cos I saw the potentials in her.. plus always pray to God and use your head before you select a bride..
You have an income! Is one thing
Re: Why Getting Married When You Are Struggling Financially Is A Bad Decision! by Plut01: 2:38pm On Aug 16, 2021

There is no perfect format for marriage......... Do what you think is right and proudly live with the consequences, knowing full well it was a decision you made by yourself and for yourself.

5 Likes

Re: Why Getting Married When You Are Struggling Financially Is A Bad Decision! by babyfaceafrica: 2:38pm On Aug 16, 2021
buJu234:
u re right in some way..

what about a case, where the lady is not getting younger (>28yr) and she has spent the last 2-3yrs with u..

If he is jobless with no source of income he should tell the gal to leave or she should wait till he is stable financially
Re: Why Getting Married When You Are Struggling Financially Is A Bad Decision! by freshalien: 2:38pm On Aug 16, 2021
MrBrownJay1:

... and how exactly does MONEY solve the above issues you just stated?!?!? the above has absolutely nothing to do with financial stability, as a fake/disrespectful woman will be the same, whether dating or married....

The main issue here isn’t even all those things he specified; the main thing here is having children. Child bearing is what gets most poor or struggling couples stuck in that state forever. Most Africans don’t have the sense to wait when they get married till things stabilize before they start having children. Immediately they get married, they start pouring children out like a tap, further plunging themselves into perpetual poverty because every little money they make goes into taking care of the kids. No proper income, business or investment, yet people get married and immediately start having kids expecting miracles to happen.

6 Likes

Re: Why Getting Married When You Are Struggling Financially Is A Bad Decision! by Nobody: 2:38pm On Aug 16, 2021
MrBrownJay1:

. You don't know what you are saying. How can you tell me that dating a lady is the same with marrying her. Whenever you marry a lady her responsibility is on you but by dating her, you can just help her whenever you can. My woman once advised me to delay her introduction because whenever I do it her responsibility will be on me which she don't want as of that time. I pity any guy dreaming of marriage without being financial update. You will be in hell if you try it. T

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Getting Married When You Are Struggling Financially Is A Bad Decision! by Nobody: 2:39pm On Aug 16, 2021
MrBrownJay1:

i dont think anything changes between dating and marriage (especially financially), but pls do tell us what changes, apart from that signed piece of paper?

again: a dating couple shouldnt have kids before they are financially/emotionally/physically ready to have one together.... same with married couple, and that doesnt mean they cant be together, it just mean they have to be careful as to not have kids they cant take care of.

sadly, due to the African belief that as soon as one get married, they need to have children to showcase their "happy family" and/or ego of men to show that their tool is working, many foolish broke people have kids that they cant take care of

Then you are still saying the same thing the post is saying which is: Avoid marriage until you are financially stable.

3 Likes

Re: Why Getting Married When You Are Struggling Financially Is A Bad Decision! by lafiagi007: 2:39pm On Aug 16, 2021
udoji2021:

With all due respect sir,
Money stops almost all, if not all the nonsense I mentioned up there, infact, money/wealth is one of the criteria for a happy marriage.
But money couldn't stop Chidinma from killing Ataga......
Re: Why Getting Married When You Are Struggling Financially Is A Bad Decision! by babyfaceafrica: 2:39pm On Aug 16, 2021
Juliearth:
That it didn't work for you doesn't mean it won't work for others. Marriage has a way of unlocking blessings to the couple involved. Also, it is partnership for life. Thus, when you you marry a woman whose thinking aligns with yours, you can do exploit. Remember that two good heads are better than one.

Also, you don't have to write your union off. You and madam should go back to the drawing board and trace where the problems are from, make necessary adjustments and see how things would turn out for good.
You guys should stop saying this.. This statement has put many into an unplanned marriage.. Unlocking faya!

4 Likes

Re: Why Getting Married When You Are Struggling Financially Is A Bad Decision! by smiliyB(f): 2:41pm On Aug 16, 2021
dahmie2013:
God is a God of order. Before he created man, he created food first. How will you be thinking of marriage when you can barely take care of yourself. That is suicide in the making.
I like my church for that, they confirm your source of income and other necessary information before they can approve a wedding ceremony.
Wow shocked shocked Like serious! That's nice
Re: Why Getting Married When You Are Struggling Financially Is A Bad Decision! by Raalsalghul: 2:41pm On Aug 16, 2021
buJu234:
u re right in some way..

Let her go, as a woman she has Plan A to Z.

3 Likes

Re: Why Getting Married When You Are Struggling Financially Is A Bad Decision! by Nobody: 2:42pm On Aug 16, 2021
Raalsalghul:

What kind of circumstances?

Many sir,
It might be pressure from people, sometimes, when you are seriously broke to some extent, you may start thinking of ways to improve thereby most times taking the wrong decision.
Re: Why Getting Married When You Are Struggling Financially Is A Bad Decision! by babyfaceafrica: 2:43pm On Aug 16, 2021
NNEWIsuper:

My man you summarised it so well. The problem is that people get married and immediately start pumping out kids, doesn't work that way. If people can just marry and stay like they were while dating then all these wailing won't happen
Na family, friends and society dey cause am. You will hear 'are you sure they are fertile'.. Our society can gossip wetin no concern dem

1 Like

Re: Why Getting Married When You Are Struggling Financially Is A Bad Decision! by findfault: 2:43pm On Aug 16, 2021
Pochettino:
We women were created to bring down men & destroy their destinies.
I wonder why men don't know this yet.
Re: Why Getting Married When You Are Struggling Financially Is A Bad Decision! by seeme2(f): 2:43pm On Aug 16, 2021
I hope you deserve that your wife, gentleman OP. You derived the wrong conclusion from life. What a waste of your sufferings. Look, i am 35. I have had great times, and rainy days. These things come and go and come again. Just get married when you can predict your stability for the next couple of years. People get married with meager income and get millions within a year. Some have already bought their life's last car before marrying. Head or tail, marrying early is best. It is the foundation of wealth. Your children have no choice but to manage... they are too small to be corrupted. God may bless you before your first born is old enough to be impressionable. If you wait till money comes who says it cannot go again. So you wait till 70 because it goes and comes?

Look, marriage is more economical than singleness... that is if you are a classy guy sha. Take the easier way and thank me later.

17 Likes

Re: Why Getting Married When You Are Struggling Financially Is A Bad Decision! by uchennaq(m): 2:43pm On Aug 16, 2021
udoji2021:

Your statement is true to some extent but I disagree with the bolded part. Dating a girl is entirely different from marriage. Infact, everything use to change when marriage is involved.

Some people will say they have given their lectures assignment, when result comes out, they still fail. grin
Re: Why Getting Married When You Are Struggling Financially Is A Bad Decision! by jamace(m): 2:43pm On Aug 16, 2021
DontBullshitMe:
They will use 'promise of 10k' to fuçk your wife. angry

Sad part is she won't eventually get the 10k.

Tueh for poverty.
What about wives of managers, millionaires and even billionaires wey gateman, oga driver and oga PA de nyash?

1 Like

Re: Why Getting Married When You Are Struggling Financially Is A Bad Decision! by babyfaceafrica: 2:44pm On Aug 16, 2021
Nwaezehopr:
. You don't know what you are saying. How can you tell me that dating a lady is the same with marrying her. Whenever you marry a lady her responsibility is on you but by dating her, you can just help her whenever you can. My woman once advised me to delay her introduction because whenever I do it her responsibility will be on me which she don't want as of that time. I pity any guy dreaming of marriage without being financial update. You will be in hell if you try it. T
Wise woman
Re: Why Getting Married When You Are Struggling Financially Is A Bad Decision! by FreeIgboho: 2:45pm On Aug 16, 2021
udoji2021:

They will even start quoting Bible that you will obtain favor from God. So people like Paul that never married nko!

This motivational speakers are a problem to our societies nowadays.

Marriage is for the rich jor

@bolded grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Getting Married When You Are Struggling Financially Is A Bad Decision! by babyfaceafrica: 2:45pm On Aug 16, 2021
dahmie2013:
God is a God of order. Before he created man, he created food first. How will you be thinking of marriage when you can barely take care of yourself. That is suicide in the making.
I like my church for that, they confirm your source of income and other necessary information before they can approve a wedding ceremony.
That's an ordered church.. Please what's the name?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Man Beats His Wife Over A Dress, Months After Making Her Lose Her Pregnancy / HIKMA ATANDA: Missing Daughter / My Friend Needs Help, Six Children No Male Child?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.