Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,508 members, 7,816,230 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Why Getting Married When You Are Struggling Financially Is A Bad Decision! - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Getting Married When You Are Struggling Financially Is A Bad Decision! (34885 Views)

How To Come Out Of Struggling Financially And Become Rich / If You Are Struggling So Hard And Money Hasn't Come, Get Married / To The Married; When Did You Know He/she Was The One For You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Getting Married When You Are Struggling Financially Is A Bad Decision! by rex21: 9:51pm On Aug 17, 2021
FreeIgboho:

Stop acting dumb. You lost the argument.
U can date a liability (for "steady shagging" or for whatever reason), just don't MARRY her. So your "if I can date her, you can marry her" is nonsense. You can date a barren woman, for example, even if you want children. Just don't carry it to marriage.
Now stop arguing nonsense.

What then is the essence of dating, what do you stand to gain

I'm ashamed of myself to have engaged you.
Seems you are more interested in winning the discussion hence the flagrant disdain to common sense you just put up. To cover, appear convincing then finally win the discussion. I wonder what loosing or wining is looking for in all this. Na secondary school debate ??

I shame for myself big time. Do savour the words i could spare you bro, this will most certainly end this whole lugubrious charade of a discuss.
Do have a nice day
Re: Why Getting Married When You Are Struggling Financially Is A Bad Decision! by FreeIgboho: 10:03pm On Aug 17, 2021
rex21:

What then is the essence of dating, what do you stand to gain

I'm ashamed of myself to have engaged you.
Seems you are more interested in winning the discussion hence the flagrant disdain to common sense you just put up. To cover, appear convincing then finally win the discussion. I wonder what loosing or wining is looking for in all this. Na secondary school debate ??

I shame for myself big time. Do savour the words i could spare you bro, this will most certainly end this whole lugubrious charade of a discuss.
Do have a nice day

Mr. Lugubrious you obviously live in la la land and your discussions prove it. FYI people do lose or win arguments in the real world, just like u lost this one.
You should indeed be ashamed of yourself for making infantile arguments.
"What is the essence of dating"??!!
So the only essence of dating is marriage??
That does it. I'm done. You must be pretending. No one can be that dense.
Re: Why Getting Married When You Are Struggling Financially Is A Bad Decision! by Nobody: 10:03pm On Aug 17, 2021
FreeIgboho:

Stop acting dumb. You lost the argument.
U can date a liability (for "steady shagging" or for whatever reason), just don't MARRY her. So your "if I can date her, you can marry her" is nonsense. You can date a barren woman, for example, even if you want children. Just don't carry it to marriage.
Now stop arguing nonsense.

Your words are strong but you are actually saying the truth. Dating a lady is very different from marriage. Anyone that is arguing about this plain fact is either ignorant or choose to mislead people purposely.
Re: Why Getting Married When You Are Struggling Financially Is A Bad Decision! by FreeIgboho: 10:06pm On Aug 17, 2021
udoji2021:

Your words are strong but you are actually saying the truth. Dating a lady is very different from marriage. Anyone that is arguing about this plain fact is either ignorant or choose to mislead people purposely.

Thank you bossman. rex21 take note
Re: Why Getting Married When You Are Struggling Financially Is A Bad Decision! by Kazim88: 11:16pm On Aug 17, 2021
FreeIgboho:

This thread is about money, financial stability. There are threads for those other stuff

Money, Financial stability are not those numbers on bank app, Its a function of your mental capacity to use it to improve your life.

No matter how much you have or don't
have when you enter into marriage, if you are not developing on the inside, especially mentally, when the pressure start rolling your money will accelerate your crash...

Marriage is dangerous pressure point... Tho you buy her to everything yet she and her mother will work overtime to pull you (tie) down.
You can't buy, that is even worse.

But the day you grow mentally, your finance, peace and overall happiness grows also.
Re: Why Getting Married When You Are Struggling Financially Is A Bad Decision! by Kazim88: 11:20pm On Aug 17, 2021
rex21:

Chase personal and mental development, not just money, beautiful words.

Let me add, look for a partner that can resonate at same frequency. Money is good o, but things dey wey pass money

The bolded is the hallmark of life success.

No matter where you both start from, the top is the destination.
Re: Why Getting Married When You Are Struggling Financially Is A Bad Decision! by FreeIgboho: 12:29am On Aug 18, 2021
Kazim88:

Money, Financial stability are not those numbers on bank app, Its a function of your mental capacity to use it to improve your life.

No matter how much you have or don't
have when you enter into marriage, if you are not developing on the inside, especially mentally, when the pressure start rolling your money will accelerate your crash...

Marriage is dangerous pressure point... Tho you buy her to everything yet she and her mother will work overtime to pull you (tie) down.
You can't buy, that is even worse.

But the day you grow mentally, your finance, peace and overall happiness grows also.

You missed the point of the thread - that one should have some FINANCIAL stability b4 heading into marriage. Marriage is a vast topic, which is why there are thousands of threads on it - dealing with things like maturity, emotional and mental development, etc. But this particular thread is dealing with the FINANCIAL.
Re: Why Getting Married When You Are Struggling Financially Is A Bad Decision! by FreeIgboho: 12:31am On Aug 18, 2021
Kazim88:

The bolded is the hallmark of life success.

No matter where you both start from, the top is the destination.

Nonsense. There are couples living in the slums in abject poverty, yet resonating at same frequency
Re: Why Getting Married When You Are Struggling Financially Is A Bad Decision! by Kazim88: 1:01am On Aug 18, 2021
FreeIgboho:

Nonsense. There are couples living in the slums in abject poverty, yet resonating at same frequency
You are actually right... They are resonating at the same poverty frequency, normal.

Same way an enlightened couple living in uptown areas are both resonating at the same abundance frequency.
Re: Why Getting Married When You Are Struggling Financially Is A Bad Decision! by FreeIgboho: 1:41am On Aug 18, 2021
Kazim88:

You are actually right... They are resonating at the same poverty frequency, normal.

Same way an enlightened couple living in uptown areas are both resonating at the same abundance frequency.

I know I'm right. Then there are couples who fight constantly, yet keep pilling up money till they eventually divorce!
Re: Why Getting Married When You Are Struggling Financially Is A Bad Decision! by movid(m): 4:12am On Aug 18, 2021
udoji2021:

You are always welcome. Just seeing your mention.

Drop your digits pls, or should I drop mine?
Kindly drop yours. Thank you
Re: Why Getting Married When You Are Struggling Financially Is A Bad Decision! by rex21: 6:36am On Aug 18, 2021
udoji2021:

We are looking primarily at the financial obligations involved. Will a matured person date a matured lady and he wont spend as though they were married ??
It is either the guy is an irresponsible 'player' or they are both teenagers.
Secondarily, dating is more like 'pre-school' of marriage. If you can share your heart, feelings, bed with a lady, can't you marry her ??
This issues sha goes to show what people define as dating. Ts clear that most of us are still very young and oblivious of some small things. Youths should be weary of the simple fact that money is important though, but it can not solve everything. It is secondary.
Re: Why Getting Married When You Are Struggling Financially Is A Bad Decision! by Manq(m): 9:06pm On Aug 18, 2021
promowise:

How were you able to save up from the lower than 50k income to cater for the marital expenses??
Just want to know how long it took you before you felt you needed to wife her.

My house was mine (built by my dad but away from them).. leased part of the land to build pond , so I got few cash from there to support me.. dated her for a year but concluded on the 3rd month into the relationship, had already told my mom Nd she also liked her.. so the whole 7months I was making wedding plans.
Re: Why Getting Married When You Are Struggling Financially Is A Bad Decision! by nezer83: 8:06am On Aug 19, 2021
udoji2021:

Motivational speakers everywhere!

Can you help me with something to be doing? I'm not against marriage between poor people. I'm only against you lots that are encouraging such practice

Udoji, I am not a motivational speaker and it is not in my place to give u something doing. You have got hands and brains so make use of them.
People who do not have any means of livelihood have no business with relationship talkless of marriage (Except street urchins kind of romance).

I know people who had no job but got married and opportunities came knocking because they had means of livelihood.

My question to you; what legitimate hustle can your hands do
Re: Why Getting Married When You Are Struggling Financially Is A Bad Decision! by nezer83: 8:11am On Aug 19, 2021
babyfaceafrica:
You guys should stop this... You have put many guys into problems

Babyfaceafrica, I believe in that truth because I can testify about it. You do not get married then sit down in your bedroom waiting for the favour to happen. You have to work it out on your knees and out of the comfort zone.

Life is simple, you get out of life what you demand from it.
When preparedness meets opportunity, success is 90% possible.
Re: Why Getting Married When You Are Struggling Financially Is A Bad Decision! by Assumptabeke(f): 4:10pm On Aug 19, 2021
Pochettino:
We women were created to bring down men & destroy their destinies.
I wonder why men don't know this yet.

This is the funniest post I have read on Nairaland. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Getting Married When You Are Struggling Financially Is A Bad Decision! by Frenzy01(m): 6:09pm On Aug 19, 2021
I totally agree with you point brother... I wish many people that has the mindset of getting married before making money would quickly change it before it gets too late

Contact me for your swift buying and selling of any Dog breed
I also offer boarding and pet care services
Re: Why Getting Married When You Are Struggling Financially Is A Bad Decision! by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 19, 2021
nezer83:

Udoji, I am not a motivational speaker and it is not in my place to give u something doing. You have got hands and brains so make use of them.
People who do not have any means of livelihood have no business with relationship talkless of marriage (Except street urchins kind of romance).

I know people who had no job but got married and opportunities came knocking because they had means of livelihood.

My question to you; what legitimate hustle can your hands do

With all due respect sir, are you trying to say all those that are struggling financially refuse to use their hands and brain to better their lives?

Secondly, you know people who got married with no job but obtain favor from the Lord immediately after marriage right? If you are truthful here, you must also know people who marriage has worsened their condition. Now if you compare the number of people who succeed after marriage and those who marriage has worsened their condition, I believe the later Will be much more.

Lastly, I can do any legitimate business that does not require communication. But I prefer my farming work.

It's not that I'm lazy or against marriage. My only reason for creating the thread was to discourage marriage between poor people cos I'm a victim of such circumstances. Also, I didn't like the way people were motivating others to get married when they are struggling financially. I hope you get my point now
Re: Why Getting Married When You Are Struggling Financially Is A Bad Decision! by mansoor093(m): 10:30pm On Aug 21, 2021
udoji2021:

With all due respect sir, are you trying to say all those that are struggling financially refuse to use their hands and brain to better their lives?

Secondly, you know people who got married with no job but obtain favor from the Lord immediately after marriage right? If you are truthful here, you must also know people who marriage has worsened their condition. Now if you compare the number of people who succeed after marriage and those who marriage has worsened their condition, I believe the later Will be much more.

Lastly, I can do any legitimate business that does not require communication. But I prefer my farming work.

It's not that I'm lazy or against marriage. My only reason for creating the thread was to discourage marriage between poor people cos I'm a victim of such circumstances. Also, I didn't like the way people were motivating others to get married when they are struggling financially. I hope you get my point now

If money is 100% matters in marriage, then rich people should not be getting divorced, struggling. money is just part of marriage, u just need source of income to pay bills, and know your finiacial limit and work towards better life....
Re: Why Getting Married When You Are Struggling Financially Is A Bad Decision! by doggedfighter(f): 2:14pm On Jan 24, 2022
Emerie22:

How come?

Chiemerie, nnaa kedu? grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

HIKMA ATANDA: Missing Daughter / Man Beats His Wife Over A Dress, Months After Making Her Lose Her Pregnancy / My Friend Needs Help, Six Children No Male Child?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.