Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,837 members, 7,810,218 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:27 AM

CBN To Freeze Risevest, Bamboo Accounts for "Illegal FX Transactions" - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN To Freeze Risevest, Bamboo Accounts for "Illegal FX Transactions" (37883 Views)

Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery / FG Moves To Digitise FX Transactions To Punish Naira Speculators / Risevest’s CEO, Eke Urum, Found Guilty Of Sexual Impropriety And Abuse Of Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN To Freeze Risevest, Bamboo Accounts for "Illegal FX Transactions" by UnknownT: 9:59pm On Aug 17, 2021
Hope they won't freeze Piggyvest account one day? Na there my savings dey oh!!

5 Likes

Re: CBN To Freeze Risevest, Bamboo Accounts for "Illegal FX Transactions" by DaudaTheSexyGuy(m): 9:59pm On Aug 17, 2021
This is not good news angry

2 Likes

Re: CBN To Freeze Risevest, Bamboo Accounts for "Illegal FX Transactions" by tamdun: 10:00pm On Aug 17, 2021
Hope piggyvest is safe

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN To Freeze Risevest, Bamboo Accounts for "Illegal FX Transactions" by Kennyking1234: 10:00pm On Aug 17, 2021
Doing business in Nigeria is a sin.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN To Freeze Risevest, Bamboo Accounts for "Illegal FX Transactions" by Buckeyemedia1: 10:02pm On Aug 17, 2021
fnep2smooth:
Why targeting startup...
They must extradite them to The United States of America to face trial like Kyari, i’m about to call Interpol & FBI.
Re: CBN To Freeze Risevest, Bamboo Accounts for "Illegal FX Transactions" by techWriter1: 10:02pm On Aug 17, 2021
Nawa tonner... abode and remain legit in this region as a young dude is really challenging.

2 Likes

Re: CBN To Freeze Risevest, Bamboo Accounts for "Illegal FX Transactions" by peacettw: 10:06pm On Aug 17, 2021
UnknownT:

Exactly my question and the topic was locked. Whatever that means
Re: CBN To Freeze Risevest, Bamboo Accounts for "Illegal FX Transactions" by samsard(m): 10:07pm On Aug 17, 2021
Bodmum:
Hahahahahahaha, ponzi schemes
They aren't ponzi schemes. CBN is just not happy that they're taking out scarce foreign currency, especially above stipulated limits and also trading crypto.

5 Likes

Re: CBN To Freeze Risevest, Bamboo Accounts for "Illegal FX Transactions" by mrsage(m): 10:07pm On Aug 17, 2021
Piggyvest is safe. They tend to comply with CBN regulatory requirements.

Don't know about others
Re: CBN To Freeze Risevest, Bamboo Accounts for "Illegal FX Transactions" by posty56: 10:08pm On Aug 17, 2021
Bodmum:
you be big fool, this guys are registered with the U. Sthey act as middlemen to buy and sell stocks from the U. S .

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN To Freeze Risevest, Bamboo Accounts for "Illegal FX Transactions" by Mutemenot(m): 10:10pm On Aug 17, 2021
pls I don't want to hear stories about piggyvest, I recommended it for many .. make no talk say I don scam them
Re: CBN To Freeze Risevest, Bamboo Accounts for "Illegal FX Transactions" by kingreign(m): 10:10pm On Aug 17, 2021
UnknownT:
Them fit o. Lol
Re: CBN To Freeze Risevest, Bamboo Accounts for "Illegal FX Transactions" by AleAirHub(m): 10:10pm On Aug 17, 2021
Most draft government ever in the history of the bunco country called Nigeria.

Why going after startups mainly control by Youths? angry

6 Likes

Re: CBN To Freeze Risevest, Bamboo Accounts for "Illegal FX Transactions" by FreeStuffsNG: 10:12pm On Aug 17, 2021
DeLaRue:

Being a start up doesn't entitle you to break the law.

A start up that engages in unlawful activities will end up.
God bless you.
Re: CBN To Freeze Risevest, Bamboo Accounts for "Illegal FX Transactions" by Skyfly007: 10:12pm On Aug 17, 2021
Beaurivul:
I support it
You are a bitter person..

1 Like

Re: CBN To Freeze Risevest, Bamboo Accounts for "Illegal FX Transactions" by Skyfly007: 10:14pm On Aug 17, 2021
Bodmum:
Don't be an illiterate! They are used to trade Us and Nigeria stocks..

3 Likes

Re: CBN To Freeze Risevest, Bamboo Accounts for "Illegal FX Transactions" by Skyfly007: 10:15pm On Aug 17, 2021
posty56:
you be big fool, this guys are registered with the U. Sthey act as middlemen to buy and sell stocks from the U. S .
Don't mind that ignoramus

1 Like

Re: CBN To Freeze Risevest, Bamboo Accounts for "Illegal FX Transactions" by Skyfly007: 10:16pm On Aug 17, 2021
Re: CBN To Freeze Risevest, Bamboo Accounts for "Illegal FX Transactions" by FreeStuffsNG: 10:17pm On Aug 17, 2021
posty56:
You need to read the court judgement again. Having registered even in moon will not clear them of these criminal breaches in court. The CBN warned everyone and especially bank managers, BDCs etc not to try any economic sabotage with the fx meant for special areas of interventions . EFCC will soon be after them and you are not helping their case by insulting anyone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN To Freeze Risevest, Bamboo Accounts for "Illegal FX Transactions" by Blaqstick: 10:21pm On Aug 17, 2021
Zontage:
No wonder Patricia took his company out of Nigeria. This country is bent on frustrating startups especially fintechs.

Meanwhile;

65" Polystar TV available for sale. New and still sealed at a very discounted rate. Details on my signature
How much

1 Like

Re: CBN To Freeze Risevest, Bamboo Accounts for "Illegal FX Transactions" by Bakrabas: 10:21pm On Aug 17, 2021
I still have up to $45 on my Trove account, I hope I can withdraw it tonight or tomorrow

2 Likes

Re: CBN To Freeze Risevest, Bamboo Accounts for "Illegal FX Transactions" by kpaofame: 10:23pm On Aug 17, 2021
Bodmum:

Read you wont die

5 Likes

Re: CBN To Freeze Risevest, Bamboo Accounts for "Illegal FX Transactions" by KazikageSama: 10:25pm On Aug 17, 2021
mrsage:
Piggyvest is safe. They tend to comply with CBN regulatory requirements.

Don't know about others

YINMU!!!
CBN is freezing accounts not because the coys are guilty of anything but because almighty CBN want to "investigate".
If Piggyvest steps on the wrong toes, CBN will do same to them all in the name of investigating.

Everything nha turn by turn, he go reach dem soon.

4 Likes

Re: CBN To Freeze Risevest, Bamboo Accounts for "Illegal FX Transactions" by Nezzjnr: 10:26pm On Aug 17, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

You need to read the court judgement again. Having registered even in moon will not clear them of these criminal breaches in court. The CBN warned everyone and especially bank managers, BDCs etc not to try any economic sabotage with the fx meant for special areas of interventions . EFCC will soon be after them and you are not helping their case by insulting anyone.
You shouldn't engage with people who don't read before posting

I've stopped engaging people that comment with emotions

3 Likes

Re: CBN To Freeze Risevest, Bamboo Accounts for "Illegal FX Transactions" by Foreigna2: 10:28pm On Aug 17, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
They must extradite them to The United States of America to face trial like Kyari, i’m about to call Interpol & FBI.

People like you have a natural inability to decipher legal matters. That is why you always analyse legal issues as if you are mentally challenged.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN To Freeze Risevest, Bamboo Accounts for "Illegal FX Transactions" by lionshare: 10:29pm On Aug 17, 2021
KazikageSama:

YINMU!!!
CBN is freezing accounts not because the coys are guilty of anything but because almighty want to "investigate".
If Piggyvest steps on the wrong toes, CBN will do same to them all in the name of investigating.

Everything nha turn by turn, he go reach dem soon.

You must think those at CBN are illiterates. Yes, they can come for you if you step on toes but you’ll have to be guilty.

5 Likes

Re: CBN To Freeze Risevest, Bamboo Accounts for "Illegal FX Transactions" by bayelsaowei(m): 10:34pm On Aug 17, 2021
Are they coming for piggyvest too?. I am tired of this country..

2 Likes

Re: CBN To Freeze Risevest, Bamboo Accounts for "Illegal FX Transactions" by Aderupoko2: 10:38pm On Aug 17, 2021
Its about the country and its system...this is not about APC ....have you checked out the name of the counsel who filed the case on behalf of CBN?
Re: CBN To Freeze Risevest, Bamboo Accounts for "Illegal FX Transactions" by IyaTola: 10:44pm On Aug 17, 2021
fnep2smooth:
Why targeting startup...
They want you people to remain poor but their claim is that they are making and causing the inflation in the country

1 Like

Re: CBN To Freeze Risevest, Bamboo Accounts for "Illegal FX Transactions" by IyaTola: 10:46pm On Aug 17, 2021
DeLaRue:

Being a start up doesn't entitle you to break the law.

A start up that engages in unlawful activities will end up.
Which unlawful activities did they do?

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Do I Improve Profits In My Beauty Salon? / I Have A Million Naira, What Profitable Business Can I Do / New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.