Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,587 members, 7,823,550 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion - Business (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion (38030 Views)

Data Protection Bureau Fines Soko Loans ₦‎50 Million For Data Breach / Soko Loan Has Finally Defamed Me (pictures) / Sokoloan Set To Shutdown, After Paying ₦10 Million NITDA Fine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by MrFollowFollow(m): 5:21pm On Aug 20, 2021
danniyal:

Have you ever been to Europe before?

Yes I have made business trips to Spain and Germany before
Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by danniyal(m): 5:21pm On Aug 20, 2021
MrFollowFollow:

You can do your research to get that information yourself, I won't be the one to disclose it to you much less on a public forum

Most of the ones people are complaining about belong to the Chinese. Hope you know that?
Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by danniyal(m): 5:33pm On Aug 20, 2021
MrFollowFollow:

Yes I have made business trips to Spain and Germany before
Ok...I couldn't find defamation of character, impersonation and invasion of privacy in your list
Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by neighbourhud: 5:45pm On Aug 20, 2021
MrFollowFollow:

Have you had a personal experience or are you quoting what someone told you?

Are you asking to know or you are asking to talk?
Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by MrFollowFollow(m): 5:45pm On Aug 20, 2021
danniyal:

Most of the ones people are complaining about belong to the Chinese. Hope you know that?

How many of them even know anything about the ownership of the loan companies.

The only things Nigerian know is that the loan companies are hassling them to pay up their loans.

These same people will never go to their friends or relatives to borrow because no one will lend them money for the simple fact that an average Nigerian is dishonest who will rather avoid repaying a loan he begged to get.

i have first hand experience in credit administration and I can tell you that there is no type of lie that Nigerians will not tell so they can avoid repaying a loan they took with their eyes wide open.

This malaise cuts across all strata of the Nigerian society both rich and poor alike, most of the stupid politicians people worship have huge non-performing loans with banks; that business man from Edo state who owns an airline that is struggling is owing over 2 billion in bad loans to that bank that claimed in an advert that "One day cars will run on water".

One prominent politician from Imo State as at 2013 was owing a bad debt of 350 million to "My Bank and I".

Just last month staff of Heritage Bank held a protest against one of the governorship aspirants in the upcoming Anambra elections to force him to pay up his loan to them.

The cases I have mentioned is just a tip of the iceberg!

If you're not ready to adopt drastic measures to recover your money in Nigeria then be ready to kiss your money good bye, Sokoloan is only doing what they need to do to stay in business
Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by service44: 6:11pm On Aug 20, 2021
I just went through tooth and nail to clear these witchcraft loan. Don't ignore warning the listed one are wicked don't go close to them. Don't go close to then.

Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 20, 2021
MrFollowFollow:

How many of them even know anything about the ownership of the loan companies.

The only things Nigerian know is that the loan companies are hassling them to pay up their loans.

These same people will never go to their friends or relatives to borrow because no one will lend them money for the simple fact that an average Nigerian is dishonest who will rather avoid repaying a loan he begged to get.

i have first hand experience in credit administration and I can tell you that there is no type of lie that Nigerians will not tell so they can avoid repaying a loan they took with their eyes wide open.

This malaise cuts across all strata of the Nigerian society both rich and poor alike, most of the stupid politicians people worship have huge non-performing loans with banks; that business man from Edo state who owns an airline that is struggling is owing over 2 billion in bad loans to that bank that claimed in an advert that "One day cars will run on water".

One prominent politician from Imo State as at 2013 was owing a bad debt of 350 million to "My Bank and I".

Just last month staff of Heritage Bank held a protest against one of the governorship aspirants in the upcoming Anambra elections to force him to pay up his loan to them.

The cases I have mentioned is just a tip of the iceberg!

If you're not ready to adopt drastic measures to recover your money in Nigeria then be ready to kiss your money good bye, Sokoloan is only doing what they need to do to stay in business

if the issue of protest to recover loan is true then that heritage bank is not serious, banks have been mandated to us Global Standing Instructions to recover non performing loans this mean that they can take money from the debtors account, from any bank all they need to do is to inform CBN. And for a loan to be declared Non performing the debtor must have defaulted for at least 90days.

1 Like

Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by Oyerinde16(m): 7:26pm On Aug 20, 2021
Temitopex:

This guy, I can see you're very sentimental. I have been reading your replies from the very start and I am forced to quote you now. You actually feel defaulting is anyone's life ambition. Would you tell me you have never been in a circumstantial situation before? Life happens to each and everyone, we've all taken short term loans directly or indirectly, consciously or unconsciously. Defaulting doesn't mean one doesn't have a strategic mean of repayment when taking the loan, but life can happen at any damn time. Why don't you just stop this your biased mindset and spill the truth?

There's one prayer I would pray for you, that you wouldn't be in a circumstantial situation more than your life. No matter how much you might have and think you may not need loans, inasmuch as you can count the money you have, you are still an average human being in life, and remember, it is very easy to fall down in life, so don't spill words that may come back against you simply because you're failing to understand how life works in the sphere of a man's world. Good day.

Thanks for your long sermon sir, the bottom line is, you failed to honor your contractual agreement by defaulting, the company already had a simple way of take, you took, pay you failed.

Anything after your failure to pay is on you to take responsibility not faulting how they recover their money, you are the one that failed, on top that you are still faulting recovery process, is life about u, y don't you consider the serious financial embarrassment and loss you caused the lender, your failure to pay will put some peoples job on the line... Be considerate and responsible abeg... Don't be inconsiderate and irresponsible at the same time...
Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by pek(m): 7:27pm On Aug 20, 2021
Oyerinde16:

Nitda is putting the cart before the horse, instead of them to warn people against the act of using peoples details without their consent, the are slamming fine on a legitimate company using a means the borrower agreed to. If I can take loans and no embarrassment or sort, no arrest nothing then why should I pay... Most of the loan companies us the same format in different ways, they will all wind up in no time.
You obviously don't have sense. At what point did a borrower agree you will criminalise him and his family?

2 Likes

Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by Oyerinde16(m): 7:32pm On Aug 20, 2021
pek:
You obviously don't have sense. At what point did a borrower agree you will criminalise him and his family?

At the point the borrower read the terms and conditions and accepted it.
Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by Temitopex(m): 7:42pm On Aug 20, 2021
Oyerinde16:

Thanks for your long sermon sir, the bottom line is, you failed to honor your contractual agreement by defaulting, the company already had a simple way of take, you took, pay you failed.

Anything after your failure to pay is on you to take responsibility not faulting how they recover their money, you are the one that failed, on top that you are still faulting recovery process, is life about u, y don't you consider the serious financial embarrassment and loss you caused the lender, your failure to pay will put some peoples job on the line... Be considerate and responsible abeg... Don't be inconsiderate and irresponsible at the same time...

I beg to doubt if you are in your right senses. Because if you are, you wouldn't tell me to be inconsiderate and irresponsible when I didn't mention in any part that I took a loan, I only analyzed a scenario, so kindly educate yourself more if you didn't learn properly in school. Another person used you as a case study, you shifted it as well, simply because you know damn well the gravity of how pointless you are. I never insulted you in any part but you called for it.

I am literate, and I'm also a thug when need be for people like you.

2 Likes

Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by Jacobx007: 9:25pm On Aug 20, 2021
Oyerinde16:

Guy go and look for a job, how can a jobless fellow like you waste two days commenting on a thread like this? Don't be unfortunate in your life or is Sokoloan your father's company??

3 Likes

Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by Jacobx007: 9:30pm On Aug 20, 2021
Oyerinde16:

Are you the one that wrote the terms and conditions?? Or are you plainly stupid?? I went through the terms and conditions and no where did they say they will implicate your whole family when you default.
Post that part here or keep quiet

4 Likes

Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by pek(m): 10:11pm On Aug 20, 2021
Oyerinde16:

Every time you write, your senselessness becomes more obvious. I won't like to know someone like you.

1 Like

Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by alarm4: 6:05pm On Aug 21, 2021
As at today 21st August 2021 ....
This sokoloan staff name Mary still went ahead sending someone defaulted loan to my WhatsApp it seem they are not care about the fine ....they are still invading someone contact
Pls find the screenshot below

1 Like

Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 21, 2021
alarm4:
As at today 21st August 2021 ....
This sokoloan staff name Mary still went ahead sending someone defaulted loan to my WhatsApp it seem they are not care about the fine ....they are still invading someone contact
Pls find the screenshot below
ths people don't have sense at all, loot at how they're attacking you as if na you collect loan
Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by Elvis8236(m): 9:08pm On Aug 21, 2021
jackslow:
ths people don't have sense at all, loot at how they're attacking you as if na you collect loan

They really need thrashing.
Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by bangalee1(m): 10:30pm On Aug 22, 2021

Speaking about image tarnishing and violation of human Rights some of their agents will come here and defend them all in the name of "You got loan and don't want to pay". Most of the story lines I read online are not only those that got loans, some just tried to register and in the process the card got linked to the site and boom they started getting debit alerts. In some cases customers genuinely willing to pay up these loans can't make transfer due to the lapses on the side of these loan sharks intentionally or not but making the customer loan default then charges starts adding up. For you to want to hurry up and pay your loan they surely know you are scared of they calling or texting your contacts so they will use that against you and claim you never wanted to pay the loan.
As for some of the apps that are good and have listening ears, they give customers different options of payment like ussd, transfer , apps and paystack with this you will know whosever defaults really doesn't want to pay or has another reason not that the customer has the money mad your company modes of payment is a flop.
It's really terrible we have found ourselves here and these people are using the economy situation of the country to milk innocent Nigerians. Banks like Zenith Bank who offer ussd loans with duration of a month will never call even your next of kin when you default, they willl auto debit you and if they can't after another month they will call you on phone (to know if you are aware the loan is due). Most of these loan sharks have fake ads that looks too good to be true, Terms and conditions are not always stating the extents they will go when customers default.
My Advice for those of you working with these companies, Lots of people are frustrated due to the damages caused by your employers you should pray for a better Job not to defend your employers illegitimate means of making money.
Guys if you have other means of getting money for emergency needs try and get else where and don't see these loan sharks as an option. You can sell your gadgets or seek for help from someone you can trust.
It's a pity the country is where it is today. People are suffering, depressed and fed up. I know of guys ready to "eat" them raw when they get hold of any of these loan sharks employees so you better keep low profile instead of coming on nairaland to defend your bosses as if the pay is worth your life. I pray for a better Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by danniyal(m): 12:08pm On Aug 23, 2021
bangalee1:

Speaking about image tarnishing and violation of human Rights some of their agents will come here and defend them all in the name of "You got loan and don't want to pay". Most of the story lines I read online are not only those that got loans, some just tried to register and in the process the card got linked to the site and boom they started getting debit alerts. In some cases customers genuinely willing to pay up these loans can't make transfer due to the lapses on the side of these loan sharks intentionally or not but making the customer loan default then charges starts adding up. For you to want to hurry up and pay your loan they surely know you are scared of they calling or texting your contacts so they will use that against you and claim you never wanted to pay the loan.
As for some of the apps that are good and have listening ears, they give customers different options of payment like ussd, transfer , apps and paystack with this you will know whosever defaults really doesn't want to pay or has another reason not that the customer has the money mad your company modes of payment is a flop.
It's really terrible we have found ourselves here and these people are using the economy situation of the country to milk innocent Nigerians. Banks like Zenith Bank who offer ussd loans with duration of a month will never call even your next of kin when you default, they willl auto debit you and if they can't after another month they will call you on phone (to know if you are aware the loan is due). Most of these loan sharks have fake ads that looks too good to be true, Terms and conditions are not always stating the extents they will go when customers default.
My Advice for those of you working with these companies, Lots of people are frustrated due to the damages caused by your employers you should pray for a better Job not to defend your employers illegitimate means of making money.
Guys if you have other means of getting money for emergency needs try and get else where and don't see these loan sharks as an option. You can sell your gadgets or seek for help from someone you can trust.
It's a pity the country is where it is today. People are suffering, depressed and fed up. I know of guys ready to "eat" them raw when they get hold of any of these loan sharks employees so you better keep low profile instead of coming on nairaland to defend your bosses as if the pay is worth your life. I pray for a better Nigeria
What most people don't know is that it is actually not a legal offence not to pay loan sharks.If you have borrowed money from a loan shark, you are under no legal obligation to repay the debt.

1 Like

Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by dangelo101(m): 2:45pm On Aug 23, 2021
The NITDA fine is most likely not because the digital loan firm engages in alleged unwholesome loan recovery methods.

A new data and privacy protection guideline called NDPR has been in effect for a while now and would soon be passed as a law at the National assembly.

This law would compel all organisations operating in Nigeria to adhere to global practices when it comes to personal data and privacy and give periodic reports to the regulatory agency.

Most digital and general firms would run foul of this law if it is passed today.

Learn more about the NDPR and how it would affect your business. And contact me if you need a NITDA licensed Data Protection Compliance Organisation to guide you.

Thanks
Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by VforVendetta(m): 4:09pm On Aug 23, 2021
danniyal:

What most people don't know is that it is actually not a legal offence not to pay loan sharks.If you have borrowed money from a loan shark, you are under no legal obligation to repay the debt.

Never in my years have I seen or heard such nonsense as saying that a borrower is under no legal obligation to repay a loan!!!

You sir shall die in poverty for willfully encouraging people to commit theft!

If you want to be a thief then be a thief but do not recruit others to join you in your journey of perfidy!

Your employers shall refuse to pay your wages and claim they are under no obligation to do so.

If you ever set up a business, your clients or customers shall enjoy services from you then turn around and refuse to pay by claiming they are under no legal obligation to do so.

You and poverty shall be like siamese twins for the rest of your miserable life!!!
Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by danniyal(m): 4:09pm On Aug 23, 2021
We can collectively do something about this fraud. Go to the app store and search for such evil loan apps . When it opens look at the 3 dots at top right corner, Click report as inappropriate.

1 Like

Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by Johnames: 4:17pm On Aug 23, 2021
VforVendetta:

Never in my years have I seen or heard such nonsense as saying that a borrower is under no legal obligation to repay a loan!!!

If you want to be a thief then be a thief but do not recruit others to join you in your journey of perfidy!

Your employers shall refuse to pay your wages and claim they are under no obligation to do so.

If you ever set up a business, your clients or customers shall enjoy services from you then turn around and refuse to pay by claiming they are under no legal obligation to do so.

You and poverty shall be like siamese twins for the rest of your miserable life!!!

sokoloan agent spoted

1 Like

Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by danniyal(m): 5:03pm On Aug 23, 2021
VforVendetta:

Oga calm down. A person who borrow from a loan shark is under no legal obligation to repay the loan. Google and find out. You may not know everything
I am against anyone taking undue advantage of Nigerians. Pls do not quote me again

2 Likes

Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by VforVendetta(m): 7:15pm On Aug 23, 2021
danniyal:

Oga calm down. A person who borrow from a loan shark is under no legal obligation to repay the loan. Google and find out. You may not know everything
I am against anyone taking undue advantage of Nigerians. Pls do not quote me again

You sir are a thief!

Even if you took a loan from Hushpuppi or the vilest vilian around you have a legal obligation to repay the loan so long as it was not obtained under duress but willingly and in good faith.

For someone of your maturity to come online and make such a claim takes the prize for the most idiotic comment of the decade!

There, I have quoted you again.

Do your worst!!!
Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by bangalee1(m): 7:36pm On Aug 23, 2021
danniyal:

The loan sharks already are Operating under no regulation that's why they don't have any known office or address, I have made my research well most of these people just hide inside one house in Ogba or Lekki and carry our these mischievous acts. If they can call your contacts or even just a text to nay of your contact forget paying them cos they have messed up and the money is not equivalent to the damages done. When it is time to clean dia mess I am available with some of their information. One just messaged me about one Yusuf I don't know this evening saying he got loan from one Cycle cash whatsoever.

2 Likes

Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by danniyal(m): 8:11pm On Aug 23, 2021
Any person who took a loan from a loan shark in under no obligation to repay the loan. They don't have a physical location, they are not registered, there is nothing they can do. Just make sure you delete all contacts from your phone and replace them with dummy numbers before taking the loan that's all. If you find my comment offensive, go and die that's your problem

1 Like

Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by Nobody: 8:24pm On Aug 23, 2021
danniyal:
Any person who took a loan from a loan shark in under no obligation to repay the loan. They don't have a physical location, they are not registered, there is nothing they can do. Just make sure you delete all contacts from your phone and replace them with dummy numbers before taking the loan that's all. If you find my comment offensive, go and die that's your problem
thank you 4 this Information, let me go N collect 50k
Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by danniyal(m): 8:29pm On Aug 23, 2021
jackslow:
thank you 4 this Information, let me go N collect 50k
You are welcome. Can you imagine a thief calling another person thief

1 Like

Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by bangalee1(m): 10:52pm On Aug 23, 2021
bangalee1:

The loan sharks already are Operating under no regulation that's why they don't have any known office or address, I have made my research well most of these people just hide inside one house in Ogba or Lekki and carry our these mischievous acts. If they can call your contacts or even just a text to nay of your contact forget paying them cos they have messed up and the money is not equivalent to the damages done. When it is time to clean dia mess I am available with some of their information. One just messaged me about one Yusuf I don't know this evening saying he got loan from one Cycle cash whatsoever.

+234 903 642 4177 this is the number that sent me a message on Whatsapp claiming one person I don't know took loan from cycle cash. Help report this number on Truecaller
Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by bangalee1(m): 10:55pm On Aug 23, 2021
The message

Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by Oyerinde16(m): 7:38am On Aug 24, 2021
danniyal:

No, you still don't get it. For the fact that I stored someone's number on my phone doesn't make it mine. I don't have the right to give it to another party to contact them without their permission(that is why they are paying 10million fine). Before granting any loan, they should figure out how they are going to get it back without involving innocent people. That is their business, it doesn't concern you, me or anyone else
I hear some people say, nobody force anyone to collect the loan in the first place. Well, nobody force the company to grant the loan if they don't know how to get their money back without involving people who don't know anything about the contract in the first place

You answered yourself there, you don't have the right to give it out, once you do, dont blame soko when u default...

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

The Best Insurance Company In Nigeria / Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? / Do Nigeria Banks Have The Right To Retain 10% From A Deceased’s Account?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.