Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,890 members, 7,814,008 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion (37948 Views)

Data Protection Bureau Fines Soko Loans ₦‎50 Million For Data Breach / Soko Loan Has Finally Defamed Me (pictures) / Sokoloan Set To Shutdown, After Paying ₦10 Million NITDA Fine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by Elvis8236(m): 1:09am On Aug 20, 2021
I got an sms and WhatsApp message about someone I don't even know owing loan. That they'll involve me in court case, I just told them to delete my contact from their database
Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by kunleiky(m): 3:10am On Aug 20, 2021
pek:
If I told you I understand your write up, I would be lying
grin
Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by neighbourhud: 4:06am On Aug 20, 2021
post=104957570:
Good for them for their sometimes overzealousness and at the same time, our citizens should learn how to pay the debt they borrowed at due time.

Some borrow with the mind of never wanting to pay back their loan.
Criminal attitude, you see their comments online here like
"Me, I go just borrow and throw away the SIM CARD for life, they will never find me or locate me"
Just imagine that!
Even things as small as MTN #100 recharge card.
Sick attitude.

Be the CHANGE you wanna see.

You are right but those companies are sometimes dubious...
They give you loan and make it impossible for you to pay back. It's always easier getting loan than paying back. You find it difficult to access the refund channel and customer care... They deliberately frustrate your efforts and make sure your loan interest piles up and then, boom! The threat starts.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:19am On Aug 20, 2021
neighbourhud:

They give you loan and make it impossible for you to pay back. It's always easier getting loan than paying back. You find it difficult to access the refund channel and customer care... They deliberately frustrate your efforts and make sure your loan interest piles up and then, boom! The threat starts.
You are right sir.
You also made a good point with that.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by xpool(m): 6:22am On Aug 20, 2021
Elvis8236:
I got an sms and WhatsApp message about someone I don't even know owing loan. That they'll involve me in court case, I just told them to delete my contact from their database

It is the illegal works of the overzealous staff of 9CREDIT, SOKO LOAN, XCREDIT.
Imagine such infringement , invasion of privacy and threats

1 Like

Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by xpool(m): 6:28am On Aug 20, 2021
neighbourhud:

9CREDIT, SOKO LOANS, XCREDIT are the worst culprits, they are rogues. They even steal customers money even when they are not owing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by xpool(m): 6:31am On Aug 20, 2021
kingandamy4life:
Guys this people are crazy. At least you should be able to give some one 3 days or even one week to pay up. The very day your loan is due you start getting embarrassing messages. I just wonder what usless app is that. They sent a message to all my contacts after I have paid. My friend salary was delayed for just a day and they went haywire even sending to his boss a useless message. I was mad. Those guys re evil. How can you call someone you re talking to everyday a running thief. I just wonder who is heading those idiots. They should withdraw their license. Rubbish
Exactly.
They should be banned
Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by Oyerinde16(m): 10:27am On Aug 20, 2021
Jacobx007:

This guy you are a criminal also, a while ago you said you are unemployed, now you work in a communications firm? You are also a CRIMINAL NIGERIAN, IDIOT

Let me reply u... Go back to the post, u will see UNEMPLOYED/SELF-EMPLOYED. meaning I don't work under anybody, rather I work for myself, check my signature, its Drone One Enterprise Solutions, its a security software development company, I build security softwares and sell, I once worked for Mtn hence my love for telecommunications and technology, if you decide to remove the self-employed and buttress the unemployed, my bro its your biz.
Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by Oyerinde16(m): 10:32am On Aug 20, 2021
ozoneboy:

Shabi if I call u a criminal now,you will report me for ban,this is just the begining,you scatter someone reputation and expect them to pay you.all of una dey mad,come collect naa

After u scatter their biz by defaulting, they scatter your reputation you are angry, don't u know defaulting is the no 1 killer of biz... Any biz that tolerate defaulting will wind up faster than u can imagine..., know it that you are killing his biz by defaulting
Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by Oyerinde16(m): 10:41am On Aug 20, 2021
Septuagenarian:

What kind of trash are you saying, because they are feeding you from the company by salary doesnt warrant you calling a defaulter a criminal and defaming him to all his contacts. You all have overdue charges on al your loans, your job is to continue contacting or finding means of getting your money back in a legal and professional way not insulting everyone who collected loan from you. We all need to reason very well when defending all these companies and their insanity.

A defaulter is a criminal, I maintain my stand, defaulters in civilised climes pay heavy fines and sometimes go to jail, You do not enter agreement you aren't capable of fulfilling, And in the event you may default, you communicate ahead to either restructure of find other means of avoiding embarrassment, most of those embarrassed are this who failed to reach out to the company on time and even ignored reminders sent to them and still did not pay until time elapsed... Stop defending stupidity cos it favors u...
Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by Nobody: 10:43am On Aug 20, 2021
Oyerinde16:

After u scatter their biz by defaulting, they scatter your reputation you are angry, don't u know defaulting is the no 1 killer of biz... Any biz that tolerate defaulting will wind up faster than u can imagine..., know it that you are killing his biz by defaulting
now in trying to recover their money, they're loosing a whole 10m. There is always a lawful way out

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by drsibz66(m): 11:24am On Aug 20, 2021
Oyerinde16:

Defaulting is no longer a crime, meaning I can borrow someone's life savings, sign contracts/agreements spend lavishly on beer and women travel round the world like hush, then comeback to a retiree and tell him I can't pay hope he insured... I swear u are mad.

Banks will take over your biz, properties and anything they can lay their hands on after disgracing your future.

Banks will not give you loan if you can't meet up, this soko loan took the loan from banks with all they had so you can get it without the hassle, only for you to buy your babe we a another guy de gbansh cream, then turn to soko say hope una insure the loan, my guy u are raving mad.

Mad?? If i had know you were 16 years old , i wont have replied you.
Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by danniyal(m): 11:34am On Aug 20, 2021
Oyerinde16:

A defaulter is a criminal, I maintain my stand, defaulters in civilised climes pay heavy fines and sometimes go to jail, You do not enter agreement you aren't capable of fulfilling, And in the event you may default, you communicate ahead to either restructure of find other means of avoiding embarrassment, most of those embarrassed are this who failed to reach out to the company on time and even ignored reminders sent to them and still did not pay until time elapsed... Stop defending stupidity cos it favors u...
You are still not getting the point. We are not arguing about defaulting here, the issue is the method of recovery. Let's us consider this scenario, your younger one happens to borrow from sokoloan and couldn't meet up (without the consent of anyone in your family) , Sokoloan now send this kind of message to all his contacts defaming your whole family. How will you feel if all your colleagues got this message over a loan you know nothing about? Do they have the legal right to do so?

Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by Oyerinde16(m): 12:45pm On Aug 20, 2021
danniyal:

You are still not getting the point. We are not arguing about defaulting here, the issue is the method of recovery. Let's us consider this scenario, your younger one happens to borrow from sokoloan and couldn't meet up (without the consent of anyone in your family) , Sokoloan now send this kind of message to all his contacts defaming your whole family. How will you feel if all your colleagues got this message over a loan you know nothing about? Do they have the legal right to do so?

I understand you perfectly, the one who messed the family name up completely is your brother, he entered agreement without consent of family and friends, yet gave out their numbers, he went on to default again... Putting you all in this mess.

1. It is wrong to put peoples number in deals they aren't aware/consent to. It is assumed by the loam company that you fully understand the implications of gibing out this contacts before agreeing to it. Once your brother agrees, this indemnifies the loan company.

You can't pat your brother who took out loan spent it carelessly and failed honor his contractual agreement by defaulting and go ahead to crucify the loan company... You are supposed to warn your brother seriously never to try such nonsense again...

It means if your brother use your house and cars to take a loan without your consent because he has the documents, you will not blame him, instead you will ask the loan company if why they took over your property cos you were not there when when your brother mortgaged your property... Your brother should take full responsibility and apologise to you guys all. .
Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by Oyerinde16(m): 12:51pm On Aug 20, 2021
jackslow:
now in trying to recover their money, they're loosing a whole 10m. There is always a lawful way out

Nitda is putting the cart before the horse, instead of them to warn people against the act of using peoples details without their consent, the are slamming fine on a legitimate company using a means the borrower agreed to. If I can take loans and no embarrassment or sort, no arrest nothing then why should I pay... Most of the loan companies us the same format in different ways, they will all wind up in no time.
Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by Temitopex(m): 1:03pm On Aug 20, 2021
Oyerinde16:

Nitda is putting the cart before the horse, instead of them to warn people against the act of using peoples details without their consent, the are slamming fine on a legitimate company using a means the borrower agreed to. If I can take loans and no embarrassment or sort, no arrest nothing then why should I pay... Most of the loan companies us the same format in different ways, they will all wind up in no time.

This guy, I can see you're very sentimental. I have been reading your replies from the very start and I am forced to quote you now. You actually feel defaulting is anyone's life ambition. Would you tell me you have never been in a circumstantial situation before? Life happens to each and everyone, we've all taken short term loans directly or indirectly, consciously or unconsciously. Defaulting doesn't mean one doesn't have a strategic mean of repayment when taking the loan, but life can happen at any damn time. Why don't you just stop this your biased mindset and spill the truth?

There's one prayer I would pray for you, that you wouldn't be in a circumstantial situation more than your life. No matter how much you might have and think you may not need loans, inasmuch as you can count the money you have, you are still an average human being in life, and remember, it is very easy to fall down in life, so don't spill words that may come back against you simply because you're failing to understand how life works in the sphere of a man's world. Good day.

2 Likes

Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by danniyal(m): 1:09pm On Aug 20, 2021
Oyerinde16:

I understand you perfectly, the one who messed the family name up completely is your brother, he entered agreement without consent of family and friends, yet gave out their numbers, he went on to default again... Putting you all in this mess.

1. It is wrong to put peoples number in deals they aren't aware/consent to. It is assumed by the loam company that you fully understand the implications of gibing out this contacts before agreeing to it. Once your brother agrees, this indemnifies the loan company.

You can't pat your brother who took out loan spent it carelessly and failed honor his contractual agreement by defaulting and go ahead to crucify the loan company... You are supposed to warn your brother seriously never to try such nonsense again...

It means if your brother use your house and cars to take a loan without your consent because he has the documents, you will not blame him, instead you will ask the loan company if why they took over your property cos you were not there when when your brother mortgaged your property... Your brother should take full responsibility and apologise to you guys all. .
Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by danniyal(m): 1:18pm On Aug 20, 2021
Oyerinde16:

No, you still don't get it. For the fact that I stored someone's number on my phone doesn't make it mine. I don't have the right to give it to another party to contact them without their permission(that is why they are paying 10million fine). Before granting any loan, they should figure out how they are going to get it back without involving innocent people. That is their business, it doesn't concern you, me or anyone else
I hear some people say, nobody force anyone to collect the loan in the first place. Well, nobody force the company to grant the loan if they don't know how to get their money back without involving people who don't know anything about the contract in the first place

2 Likes

Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by service44: 1:23pm On Aug 20, 2021
Look at this one now xcrocredic how desperate they want to make money, every the add 350 to just there days expiration of 140000 naira. These type of loan companies will fuse out by the same selves becaoise of greed.

Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by Nobody: 1:35pm On Aug 20, 2021
Oyerinde16:

you're getting it all wrong, the government has set procedures for loan recovery the companies must follow those procedures they can't just take laws into their hand and get away with it, I'm telling you they can't do this outside Africa.

Secondly the borrower did not give those contacts to them in any document unless in few cases where they request the bower to give fill in one or two contacts.

We need a law abiding society both the companies and the borrowers must obey the law
Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by danniyal(m): 1:40pm On Aug 20, 2021
jackslow:
you're getting it all wrong, the government has set procedures for loan recovery the companies must follow those procedures they can't just take laws into their hand and get away with it, I'm telling you they can't do this outside Africa.

Secondly the borrower did not give those contacts to them in any document unless in few cases where they request the bower to give fill in one or two contacts.
We need a law abiding society both the companies and the borrowers must obey the law
The guy is too daft. He doesn't understand what we are talking about. If someone use your number else where without your prior notice, does that make you a legal party to the contract? No wonder he is still unemployed
Do you know why they grant the loan without seeking the approval of the guarantors? they know quite well, 1. The people seeking the loans are desperate and
2. No reasonable person will agree to be a party to such a ridiculous contract ( 46% interest for 7 days)

2 Likes

Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by MrFollowFollow(m): 4:56pm On Aug 20, 2021
danniyal:

Well you and your Chinese masters are going to pay 10million and end up in jail

What exactly is your grouse with the company?

Is it because it's owned by the Chinese?

I hope you're aware that some loan companies are owned by Nigerians
Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by danniyal(m): 4:58pm On Aug 20, 2021
MrFollowFollow:

What exactly is your grouse with the company?

Is it because it's owned by the Chinese?

I hope you're aware that some loan companies are owned by Nigerians
Mention the ones owned by Nigerians and the ones owned by the Chinese
Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by MrFollowFollow(m): 5:01pm On Aug 20, 2021
Temitopex:

This guy, I can see you're very sentimental. I have been reading your replies from the very start and I am forced to quote you now. You actually feel defaulting is anyone's life ambition. Would you tell me you have never been in a circumstantial situation before? Life happens to each and everyone, we've all taken short term loans directly or indirectly, consciously or unconsciously. Defaulting doesn't mean one doesn't have a strategic mean of repayment when taking the loan, but life can happen at any damn time. Why don't you just stop this your biased mindset and spill the truth?

There's one prayer I would pray for you, that you wouldn't be in a circumstantial situation more than your life. No matter how much you might have and think you may not need loans, inasmuch as you can count the money you have, you are still an average human being in life, and remember, it is very easy to fall down in life, so don't spill words that may come back against you simply because you're failing to understand how life works in the sphere of a man's world. Good day.

I can tell you categorically that when most Nigerians take a loan they have a sneaky intent not to repay that loan.

Most of these people complaining here have relatives who are financially ell off but those relative will never loan them money because they know Nigerian don't like repaying loans.
Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by MrFollowFollow(m): 5:05pm On Aug 20, 2021
neighbourhud:

Have you had a personal experience or are you quoting what someone told you?
Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by danniyal(m): 5:07pm On Aug 20, 2021
I am still waiting for you mr followfollow
Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by blognow4living: 5:10pm On Aug 20, 2021
I made a promise to the useless sokoloan guy that called me the other day i'll do everything in my power to get this company down. I requested for the loan and was asked to pay back within 7days... it wasn't convenient but due to my financial situation i had to get the funds and i put down 2 of my contacts. Imagine 5k to pay over 8k within 7days, i had no choice...

Due date i got a call and i begged these idiots i'll try as much as possible to pay within 3 days cos the money i was expecting is yet to hit my account. The guy was like bro pay before evening or we send mssgs to ur contacts tagging u criminal... wow i thought he was kidding but this goat was damn serious...
Imagine my secondary school mates (over 10 years ago) chatting me up on whatsapp and showing me how my name was being tagged as a criminal. I was so down and had to call the animal and lay curses on him with me telling them i willl get back to them real hard.

If u think its cool the way the lending companies are acting, sending criminating messages to one's contact cos of loan default... my brother or sis u are mad.

If this useless company continue operating after this... i will try by all means to get them down. They gonna pay heavily for what they doing to ppl. I hear about few others 9credit, palmcredit, Xcredit well they should continue... they will meet their match soon.

Even bank will loan u bigger money and they will never intrude ur privacy. Sokoloan must go down. And this Oyerinde person i dey watch u and ur useless talk.

3 Likes

Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by MrFollowFollow(m): 5:11pm On Aug 20, 2021
jackslow:
but that's the law you have to obey it, otherwise be ready to pay fines from time to time, or you can change line of business. And by the way on can't spend spent 3months without banking so you will surely get your money with even accumulated interest. Those companies are coming to Nigeria to do what they can not do in Europe

In Europe when people borrow they pay on due date (If for any reason they can't meet up they give you a genuine reason backed up with evidence that shows sincerity) , they don't wait for you to start chasing them around before they make payment angry

In Europe if you borrow and refuse to pay back it goes on your record and your will never get credit from any other company.

In Europe if you borrow and refuse to pay back it will adversely affect your chances of getting a job

In Europe if your borrow and refuse to pay back your insurance premium will be higher that that of people who have good credit score.

In Europe if you borrow and refuse to pay back no landlord will want to rent an apartment to you
Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by danniyal(m): 5:18pm On Aug 20, 2021
MrFollowFollow:

In Europe when people borrow they pay on due date, they don't wait for you to start chasing them around before they make payment angry

In Europe if you borrow and refuse to pay back it goes on your record and your will never get credit from any other company.

In Europe if you borrow and refuse to pay back it will adversely affect your chances of getting a job

In Europe if your borrow and refuse to pay back your insurance premium will be higher that that of people who have good credit score.

In Europe if you borrow and refuse to pay back no landlord wil want to rent an apartment to you
Have you ever been to Europe before?

1 Like

Re: Soko Loan Fined ₦10 Million By NITDA For Privacy Invasion by MrFollowFollow(m): 5:19pm On Aug 20, 2021
danniyal:
I am still waiting for you mr followfollow

You can do your research to get that information yourself, I won't be the one to disclose it to you much less on a public forum

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Obi Cubana, His Wife & Children In Adorable Christmas Photos / How Do I Retrieve Money I Borrowed My Crush? / Kano Currency Exchange Market In 1964

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.