Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,688 members, 7,955,592 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:01 AM

Should I Stay With My Extended Family?? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Stay With My Extended Family?? (1022 Views)

Help, I'm Not Emotionally Attached To My Mother, Siblings And Extended Family / My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us / Funny Accusation From Extended Family Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Stay With My Extended Family?? by tunjilee003: 8:23am On Aug 18, 2021
I just got admitted into a state polytechnic, I'm thinking of staying with my family or getting an apartment outside... Getting an apartment outside will make me focus on my part-time job.... I need help On this...
Re: Should I Stay With My Extended Family?? by MufasaLion: 9:14am On Aug 18, 2021
You can stay with your family if you feel you gonna be comfortable with it and also if your freedom won't be limited. Also, staying witg your family will reduce your bills (feeding, utilities, etc.) except if they ain't that accommodating to some extent.

The most benefit of staying outside is because you gonna have freedom and that's what most students crave for especially if they ain't schooling near their their parents or are of residence. However, since you said you gonna be more focused if you stay alone, then you can rethink your decision if it's freedom you truly want.
Re: Should I Stay With My Extended Family?? by MufasaLion: 9:14am On Aug 18, 2021
You can stay with your family if you feel you gonna be comfortable with it and also if your freedom won't be limited. Also, staying witg your family will reduce your bills (feeding, utilities, etc.) except if they ain't that accommodating to some extent.

The most benefit of staying outside is because you gonna have freedom and that's what most students crave for especially if they ain't schooling near their their parents or area of residence. However, since you said you gonna be more focused if you stay alone, then you can rethink your decision if it's freedom you truly want.
Re: Should I Stay With My Extended Family?? by Kobojunkie: 2:49pm On Aug 18, 2021
tunjilee003:
I just got admitted into a state polytechnic, I'm thinking of staying with my family or getting an apartment outside... Getting an apartment outside will make me focus on my part-time job.... I need help On this...
So, you can't stay with your family and still have your part time job and go to school at the same time? undecided
Re: Should I Stay With My Extended Family?? by Monogamy: 5:25am On Aug 19, 2021
Abeg get your own apartment,but that's only if you areaturer enough to stay on your own
Re: Should I Stay With My Extended Family?? by Dailyparrot: 5:47am On Aug 19, 2021
tunjilee003:

When I went to the university, my elder sister works in the teaching hospital of the same university. One wall separates the university from the teaching hospital.

But I refused to live with her and her family even when they lived in a three bedroom apartment that's very close to school.

If you want to enjoy your school life, staying in the school hostel will even be better than staying with any family whether close or extended.

In a nutshell, stay on your own. It's even better to get a roommate and share accommodation than staying with family members.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Stay With My Extended Family?? by frozen70(f): 7:31pm On Aug 19, 2021
tunjilee003:

It depends on what you want your life to be

If you want to be focused and still achieve your education, you can stay with your Family to save cost of living and accommodation

If you want to rock life and live expensive life, you stay on your own

The end justifies every thing

It's your life and nit your parents own
Re: Should I Stay With My Extended Family?? by Richy4(m): 7:07am On Aug 20, 2021
OP... U said "Getting an apartment outside will make me focus on my part-time job"... There's one important 'reason' u deliberately left out...I will not say it... let's just grudgingly believe it was because of your part time job grin..... after all we know what extended family were like when the REAL REASON happens in their house daily cheesy...

(1) (Reply)

Man Absconds From Marriage Ceremony Due To Extortion By In Laws In Abia- PIC / Who Is Tired Of **** / Parents Pls Watch Your Children. See What's Happening In A Bet Shop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.