Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic (63875 Views)

My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin / Why Is Nobody Traveling To Benin Republic? (my Honest Opinion Video) / Car Travelling From Rivers To Benin Involved In Accident. Conductor Dies(Graphic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Kirkman: 9:20pm On Aug 18, 2021
Skipfr:
I traveled from Mile 2 to Aflao in Ghana with 25k and you are telling me from Lagos to Benin is how much again?
Was it recently or years ago?
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Mekudi: 10:09pm On Aug 18, 2021
Skipfr:
I traveled from Mile 2 to Aflao in Ghana with 25k and you are telling me from Lagos to Benin is how much again?
can someone travel to by road without a passport
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Mekudi: 10:11pm On Aug 18, 2021
Indispensable85:
OP I'm not sure it's the same Benin republic I go to every now and then you're talking about.
Lol......enter seme from mile2 in Lagos. When you get to seme, you'll cross with bike 3 to 5k depending on how smart you're with bargaining. You don't even need to have a passport or any vaccine certificate. That border is the most corrupt border in Africa.
how can someone go to Benin Republic without a passport
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Mekudi: 10:12pm On Aug 18, 2021
Indispensable85:

I tire 4 dis OP.
I breeze in and out without a passport.
how
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Temitopex(m): 10:17pm On Aug 18, 2021
Mekudi:
how

You can go through Idiroko border post
Just board direct bus from Ojuore at Sango to the border. Then cross to Igolo with bike for about 1k

Igolo is in Benin Republic. Once you're at Idiroko, your SIM card will start roaming because you're believed to be inside Benin Republic already.

3 Likes

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by CICONTOP(m): 10:23pm On Aug 18, 2021
Nice experience... But you did not post any business related activities that one can engage on.
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Revolva(m): 10:24pm On Aug 18, 2021
Indispensable85:
OP I'm not sure it's the same Benin republic I go to every now and then you're talking about.
Lol......enter seme from mile2 in Lagos. When you get to seme, you'll cross with bike 3 to 5k depending on how smart you're with bargaining. You don't even need to have a passport or any vaccine certificate. That border is the most corrupt border in Africa.

Abg help me tell am.......hahah this is the street way

1 Like

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Temitopex(m): 10:53pm On Aug 18, 2021
CICONTOP:
Nice experience... But you did not post any business related activities that one can engage on.

For a plain English speaking Nigerian there, such individuals would need the help of fellow Nigerians that are residents there to blend in, and it's when you blend in you can know how your dream business will perform. You can do every business that is doable in Nigeria there, so it's all about communication with the natives of Benin Republic.
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by coolhumble(m): 10:54pm On Aug 18, 2021
I don't understand French, I just ask some people about how they pronounce their money then majority of them can speak a little pidgin English or yoruba.

EmekaA125:

Do you understand French? How do you communicate with Beninese?
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by seunny4lif(m): 11:04pm On Aug 18, 2021
Yes but you go just pay more at the border
Lagos to Benin Rep 20K ke? cheesy
For wetin grin
Mekudi:
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Temitopex(m): 11:09pm On Aug 18, 2021
seunny4lif:
Yes but you go just pay more at the border
Lagos to Benin Rep 20K ke? cheesy
For wetin grin

You fit run am without meeting with immigration sef

3k will get you into Benin Republic (if you don't settle anyone)
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by streetsoldier1(m): 11:55pm On Aug 18, 2021
timstone:

Where is ilara village located

Its a border town in Ogun state, the border between the village and bene was just an iron bar and two old tyres and two drunken soldiers. use google. I dont know how to describe it cos i didnt go by public transport. But from the Psychiatric hospital towards abeokuta, u turn left, ask the bike men direction to ilara
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Eaglesence: 12:38am On Aug 19, 2021
travelwaka:
If you are planning to visit the Republic of Benin from Nigeria, this post is for you. It will cover everything you need to know about crossing one of the busiest borders in West Africa.

Requirements For visiting Benin Republic from Nigeria
For Nigerians planning on visiting Benin Republic, the following are the requirements:
Nigerian Passport: Nigerians visiting Benin Republic will have to present their International Passport at the border.

The Yellow Fever Card: The second requirement is the yellow Fever card. This yellow card is proof that you have received a dose of the yellow fever vaccine.

Vaccines To Take Before Visiting Benin Republic
Ensure you take these two vaccines before you visit Benin republic. If you do not, you will have issues with the Port health at the border. When you go for the yellow fever vaccine, ensure you ask them for Meningitis too. They will probably fix another date for that. These are the two basic vaccines you need to take before visiting Benin Republic.

Vaccine Requirement
Yellow fever vaccine: This vaccine is to protect you against yellow fever
Meningitis Vaccines:

The Language
French is the official language. The other languages include Yoruba, Fon and a Gbe languages.

The Currency
The official currency of the Republic of Benin is Cefa, it is also known as the West African CFA Franc.

How to Get To the Republic of Benin Through Seme Border
There are different ways to get into Benin from Nigeria
Idi Iroko Border
The Seme Border

The Different Options To get into Benin Republic
1. Flight - Getting a flight to Republic of Benin is often difficult, flights are only available on specific days
2. Boat - This is another option to cross into the country, however this is not well-structured
3. Road - This is the most popular option. more than 90 per cent of the people that travel to Benin use this option. This is why we will only focus on road transportation.

Different Options for Road Transportation
1. International Transportation companies : These are structured transportation companies that move from Lagos to Benin. They are well structured. The transportation cost from Lagos To Benin ranges from 20,000 to 45,000.
2. Charter a car: You can decide to charter a vehicle from Lagos to Benin. The cost ranges from between 70,000 to 150,000 per day. This depends on your location, the type of vehicle etc.
3. Drive all the way: You may decide to drive all the way. Ensure you have the necessary documents like international drivers license and permit.
4. Use public transportation system: this is one of the cheapest form of transportation. You can decide to take public transportation to Badagry, From Badagry to Seme , from Seme border to Cotonou etc.

Cost for Crossing Seme Border
To be sincere I do not know why they do this, but you will be made to pay before your passport is stamped. You pay about 1,000 for already passport passport and between 3,000 to 7,000 for virgin passports. Note: You wont get a receipt for these payment, this means it is definitely not going into the Govt pocket.

Tips when visiting Benin
1. Understand the exchange rate
2. Change Naira to cefa at the border
3. Get a translator app
4. Get a Benin SIM card at the border
5. Get a universal adapter
6. Learn basic vocabulary

Cost of Hotels in Benin
Getting a hotel in Benin is somehow not easy. There are very few hotels in Benin compared to Nigeria. An average 10,000 hotel in Nigeria will be going for between 20,000 to 30,000 in Benin. Hotels are generally expensive - Good hotels starts from between 10,000 to 75,000

Accommodation Options in Benin
1. Hotels
2. Air BnB
3. Short lets
4. Resorts
5. Rent a house (if you plan to stay more than a month.)

Things to Do in Benin
There are so many things to do at Benin Republic

1. Enjoy the diverse street foods
2. Visit the python temple
3. Visit the Benin slave route
4. Visit the Casa Del Papa Resort
5. Visit the National Park
6. Visit Genvie
7. Attend the Benin Republic cultural festival
8. Visit the beach
9. Do a city Tour
10. Visit the historical buildings in Benin

Source: https://www.travelwaka.com/travel-to-benin-republic-from-nigeria-all-you-need-to-know/

How does one get the yellow fever and Meningitis vacation card in Nigeria?
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Dearlord(m): 12:49am On Aug 19, 2021
timstone:

What is the cost by boat

Just 2k from Water site to Owode, then you take bike 500 to border , cross border with 200 only and u are in Benin

1 Like

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by seunny4lif(m): 1:24am On Aug 19, 2021
Temitopex:

You fit run am without meeting with immigration sef

3k will get you into Benin Republic (if you don't settle anyone)
Yes oooh, I know but sometimes someone might no be lucky
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by femijay8271(m): 2:24am On Aug 19, 2021
lanrayco:
if you are in lagos, you can take it at airport clinic but you have to make payment on remita.

Thanks
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by alizma: 2:34am On Aug 19, 2021
With Nigerian voters card or National ID card, you can travel to Benin republic down to Ghana and Ivory coast

3 Likes

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by rafcrown(m): 4:25am On Aug 19, 2021
I CAN TAKE YOU THERE.
saphiere:
Who is taking me there?

1 Like

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Skipfr(m): 6:01am On Aug 19, 2021
chudez0147:

Please when was that ? And how did you go ?
Just this March 2021
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Skipfr(m): 6:01am On Aug 19, 2021
Kirkman:

Was it recently or years ago?
This year March 2021

1 Like

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Skipfr(m): 6:02am On Aug 19, 2021
Mekudi:
Yes I did with the help of the drivers
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by calberian: 8:10am On Aug 19, 2021
Maxwell08:
Buying sim in seme is a scam, 3000 cefa while in cotonou its 200-300cefa.
I had fun dou and stayed around jonquet for a week.
Pic:obama beach

Jonquet?? The very hood wink

Is that hotel in jonquet also?
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by IgboWarlord(m): 8:19am On Aug 19, 2021
saphiere:
Who is taking me there?

Why can't you take yourself..Abi,u dey broke?

2 Likes

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Maxwell08: 8:26am On Aug 19, 2021
calberian:

Jonquet?? The very hood wink

Is that hotel in jonquet also?
No, the hotel is around houdgbe.
You stay in jonquet I guess cool
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by WarrenC(m): 8:36am On Aug 19, 2021
EmekaA125:

Really??
But it's a French speaking country. How do you cope communicating with the locals

The part that has border with Niger state doesn't speak French.

It's mainly Hausa or Boko language.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Axadus: 8:46am On Aug 19, 2021
femijay8271:
Nice one op

This Yellow fever vaccine and Meningitis Vaccine, pls where can I get and how much is it?

Yellowcardnigeria.com
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by BleedTears: 8:47am On Aug 19, 2021
zolajpower:

Now wonder they say we don't value human life in this part of the world . So until your village is killed by stingray before you know it takes life
Stop acting dumb abeg
Chief you really need to calm down. You guys are taking this thing too personal and too serious.

Have you take the statistics of people dying as a result of car crash every month? Is it comparable to that thing in a year, but people still drive cars every minute and cars are being manufactured every day. So does that mean life wasn't valued?

If you check statics bro there are lots of things that people do that cause more death in a day compare to that thing in a year. So I really don't think it worth all this seriousness and energy of calling his village people. Peace
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Newton85: 10:25am On Aug 19, 2021
Juliusmalema:
You don't mean it

Yorubas should be merged to Benin republic

They are same people
Of course, as long as you Eboes are merged with Cameroonians. You guys are the same people.
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by chudez0147(m): 11:06am On Aug 19, 2021
Skipfr:
Just this March 2021
Please how doi reach you on WhatsApp?
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Nobody: 12:23pm On Aug 19, 2021
Newton85:
Of course, as long as you Eboes are merged with Cameroonians. You guys are the same people.

That's good, am OK with it.

let everyone go their own way.
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Newton85: 12:31pm On Aug 19, 2021
Juliusmalema:

That's good, am OK with it.

let everyone go their own way.
Of course. But remember that no one is forcing your Eboe people to keep trooping in to Lagos like homeless refugees though. I don't know why they're not moving to Yaounde or Bamenda to be with their Cameroon cousins.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats / Ever Been To A Poor Neighborhood Overseas? / The Moment A Container Truck Fell And Crushed An SUV (Disturbing Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.