Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,624 members, 7,820,211 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic (63744 Views)

My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin / Why Is Nobody Traveling To Benin Republic? (my Honest Opinion Video) / Car Travelling From Rivers To Benin Involved In Accident. Conductor Dies(Graphic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Indispensable85(m): 5:37pm On Aug 18, 2021
OP I'm not sure it's the same Benin republic I go to every now and then you're talking about.
Lol......enter seme from mile2 in Lagos. When you get to seme, you'll cross with bike 3 to 5k depending on how smart you're with bargaining. You don't even need to have a passport or any vaccine certificate. That border is the most corrupt border in Africa.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Jostoman: 5:38pm On Aug 18, 2021
Noted OP thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by alienvirus: 5:40pm On Aug 18, 2021
femijay8271:

Ok will I get the results in the same day? Thanks.

If you demand for same day card, they will especially if you are on emergency. They may also ask you to come a day or two days after. Depends on your negotiation with them.

1 Like

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by immaculateimmey(m): 5:40pm On Aug 18, 2021
Got there without any of those things...����
Cotonou make sense sha...very lovely people and porto novio is cool too

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by chuksvoice: 5:43pm On Aug 18, 2021
Forgodsgrace:
Just find your way to Badagry ,then take a cab to Seme.Once you get the seme,make sure you have at least 2k for settlement and crossing .You can as well go by Boat from Mile 2 to Port Norvo(3hrs 30m)
Pls, how long is the distance by rd?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by tolugar: 5:46pm On Aug 18, 2021
travelwaka:
Here is everything you need to know when visiting Benin Republic from Nigeria.

Hi want to visit casa del papa.

For a holiday

What is the rate
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Indispensable85(m): 5:47pm On Aug 18, 2021
porthouse7:
u are off track as per traveling by road, no luxurious bus travel dat route since pandemic, u are on do shot pick and drop from badagry to seme which is way cheaper, from iyana iba to badagry is 500 then seme is 300 or 400

I'll try this pattern next time.
I usually do mile2 to seme direct. He's totally off track.

I doubt if the OP has ever travelled to Benin republic.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by foreshore(m): 5:51pm On Aug 18, 2021
travelwaka:
If you are planning to visit the Republic of Benin from Nigeria, this post is for you. It will cover everything you need to know about crossing one of the busiest borders in West Africa.

Requirements For visiting Benin Republic from Nigeria
For Nigerians planning on visiting Benin Republic, the following are the requirements:
Nigerian Passport: Nigerians visiting Benin Republic will have to present their International Passport at the border.

The Yellow Fever Card: The second requirement is the yellow Fever card. This yellow card is proof that you have received a dose of the yellow fever vaccine.

Vaccines To Take Before Visiting Benin Republic
Ensure you take these two vaccines before you visit Benin republic. If you do not, you will have issues with the Port health at the border. When you go for the yellow fever vaccine, ensure you ask them for Meningitis too. They will probably fix another date for that. These are the two basic vaccines you need to take before visiting Benin Republic.

Vaccine Requirement
Yellow fever vaccine: This vaccine is to protect you against yellow fever
Meningitis Vaccines:

The Language
French is the official language. The other languages include Yoruba, Fon and a Gbe languages.

The Currency
The official currency of the Republic of Benin is Cefa, it is also known as the West African CFA Franc.

How to Get To the Republic of Benin Through Seme Border
There are different ways to get into Benin from Nigeria
Idi Iroko Border
The Seme Border

The Different Options To get into Benin Republic
1. Flight - Getting a flight to Republic of Benin is often difficult, flights are only available on specific days
2. Boat - This is another option to cross into the country, however this is not well-structured
3. Road - This is the most popular option. more than 90 per cent of the people that travel to Benin use this option. This is why we will only focus on road transportation.

Different Options for Road Transportation
1. International Transportation companies : These are structured transportation companies that move from Lagos to Benin. They are well structured. The transportation cost from Lagos To Benin ranges from 20,000 to 45,000.
2. Charter a car: You can decide to charter a vehicle from Lagos to Benin. The cost ranges from between 70,000 to 150,000 per day. This depends on your location, the type of vehicle etc.
3. Drive all the way: You may decide to drive all the way. Ensure you have the necessary documents like international drivers license and permit.
4. Use public transportation system: this is one of the cheapest form of transportation. You can decide to take public transportation to Badagry, From Badagry to Seme , from Seme border to Cotonou etc.

Cost for Crossing Seme Border
To be sincere I do not know why they do this, but you will be made to pay before your passport is stamped. You pay about 1,000 for already passport passport and between 3,000 to 7,000 for virgin passports. Note: You wont get a receipt for these payment, this means it is definitely not going into the Govt pocket.

Tips when visiting Benin
1. Understand the exchange rate
2. Change Naira to cefa at the border
3. Get a translator app
4. Get a Benin SIM card at the border
5. Get a universal adapter
6. Learn basic vocabulary

Cost of Hotels in Benin
Getting a hotel in Benin is somehow not easy. There are very few hotels in Benin compared to Nigeria. An average 10,000 hotel in Nigeria will be going for between 20,000 to 30,000 in Benin. Hotels are generally expensive - Good hotels starts from between 10,000 to 75,000

Accommodation Options in Benin
1. Hotels
2. Air BnB
3. Short lets
4. Resorts
5. Rent a house (if you plan to stay more than a month.)

Things to Do in Benin
There are so many things to do at Benin Republic

1. Enjoy the diverse street foods
2. Visit the python temple
3. Visit the Benin slave route
4. Visit the Casa Del Papa Resort
5. Visit the National Park
6. Visit Genvie
7. Attend the Benin Republic cultural festival
8. Visit the beach
9. Do a city Tour
10. Visit the historical buildings in Benin

Source: https://www.travelwaka.com/travel-to-benin-republic-from-nigeria-all-you-need-to-know/

Of all countries na Benin republic person go aspire to go

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by TheWolfen(m): 5:51pm On Aug 18, 2021
Jesus

saphiere:
Who is taking me there?

1 Like

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Indispensable85(m): 5:52pm On Aug 18, 2021
Skipfr:
I traveled from Mile 2 to Aflao in Ghana with 25k and you are telling me from Lagos to Benin is how much again?

OP nor know wetin he dey talk joor.
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Dammysmart: 5:54pm On Aug 18, 2021
saphiere:
Who is taking me there?
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Indispensable85(m): 5:55pm On Aug 18, 2021
immaculateimmey:
Got there without any of those things...����
Cotonou make sense sha...very lovely people and porto novio is cool too

I tire 4 dis OP.
I breeze in and out without a passport.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by DoggoneDogg: 5:56pm On Aug 18, 2021
uniquetechng:
Stingray attack on human are rare, it can never sting in the position the guy is holding it as well.

So that's why he should hold it?
Gad!! The ignorance is even getting worse.

Just do you, I'll see it on fp.
I'm out...

1 Like

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by WarrenC(m): 5:57pm On Aug 18, 2021
Benin way I dey use bike take cross from babana border in Niger state.

Nobody go even ask you where you dey go.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by SheikhMuniru(m): 6:00pm On Aug 18, 2021
What is this one saying, easiest way to travel to Benin is tru Ilara, Imeko, Ilaro, Idiroko axis

4 Likes

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by bizhop01: 6:00pm On Aug 18, 2021
Shit hold country

1 Like

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by coolhumble(m): 6:02pm On Aug 18, 2021
Nice one OP, well analysed. I'm currently in benin and i agreed with you on everything but for the yellow card I don't think it's a must because I came in without it and nobody asked me. To get those vaccines in Nigeria can be very stressful and costly. I think yellow card is mandatory when you are traveling to South Africa.

2 Likes

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by uniquetechng: 6:02pm On Aug 18, 2021
DoggoneDogg:

So that's why he should hold it?
Gad!! The ignorance is even getting worse.

Just do you, I'll see it on fp.
I'm out...
And where is the ignorance coming from, Stingray rarely attack humans and there is only one known human casualty from Stingray sting , there is no way that guy can be sting except he step on it and stand on it for few minutes which is almost impossible.
Stingray are not aggressive attacker, so stop been petty and face your front.
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by porthouse7(f): 6:02pm On Aug 18, 2021
verybadmouth:

How exactly?
Infrastructure, economy?
What exactly?
stable electricity, work class new major road, portable water, secured and calm environment.... What else do u need
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by verybadmouth(m): 6:03pm On Aug 18, 2021
porthouse7:
stable electricity, work class new major road, portable water, secured and calm environment.... What else do u need
You're right darling. Nothing else. We go survive

1 Like

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by wisemaster(m): 6:04pm On Aug 18, 2021
If not until lately that the arrest of Mr Sunday brought Benin to limelight, and for our failing Govt that have reduced our humanity to absolute nothingness in the Afica, who would ever have dreamt of visiting Benin republic.

Pitiful.

4 Likes

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by porthouse7(f): 6:08pm On Aug 18, 2021
coolhumble:
Nice one OP, well analysed. I'm currently in benin and i agreed with you on everything but for the yellow card I don't think it's a must because I came in without it and nobody asked me. To get those vaccines in Nigeria can be very stressful and costly. I think yellow card is mandatory when you are traveling to South Africa.
u and d OP got ur info wrong, u need yellow fever card to travel to all African countries, especially west Africa, if u don't have they won't stop u but u will pay 200 as bribe, to get yellow fever card in Nigeria port health u will pay 2150, to get it at seme border u will pay 5k....

4 Likes

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by mrsage(m): 6:10pm On Aug 18, 2021
How about crossing via Idiroko border
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by zolajpower: 6:10pm On Aug 18, 2021
DoggoneDogg:

You are holding a stingray. If that thing stings you, you'll be dead in 5 minutes & you will experience one of the most agonizing pain on earth before you die.

Why are black Africans so dumb bayi?!

Steve Irwin died through stingray

2 Likes

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by coolhumble(m): 6:11pm On Aug 18, 2021
porthouse7:
u and d OP got ur info wrong, u need yellow fever card to travel to all African countries, especially west Africa, if u don't have they won't stop u but u will pay 200 as bribe, to get yellow fever card in Nigeria port health u will pay 2150, to get it at seme border u will pay 5k....

I didn't pay a dime for it and I did not pay any bribe. I only stamped my passport. I can only speak what I know about the yellow card. For SA I have used it once and apart from benin I never traveled to any other African countries.
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Romanus123: 6:13pm On Aug 18, 2021
Good information, but if you want to travel to Dubai through Benin Republic, contact me for your ticket, backdate stamp and airport Arrangements through my official call or WhatsApp number +2348036597442
My Dubai number +971557107547

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by KingMack(m): 6:14pm On Aug 18, 2021
I hear say the girls dey lash like Calabar babes grin

2 Likes

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Olpmma: 6:18pm On Aug 18, 2021
Was expecting to here Obama beach...
Nice place
Maxwell08:
Buying sim in seme is a scam, 3000 cefa while in cotonou its 200-300cefa.
I had fun dou and stayed around jonquet for a week.
Pic:obama beach

2 Likes

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by quickly: 6:20pm On Aug 18, 2021
travelwaka:
If you are planning to visit the Republic of Benin from Nigeria, this post is for you. It will cover everything you need to know about crossing one of the busiest borders in West Africa.

Requirements For visiting Benin Republic from Nigeria
For Nigerians planning on visiting Benin Republic, the following are the requirements:
Nigerian Passport: Nigerians visiting Benin Republic will have to present their International Passport at the border.

The Yellow Fever Card: The second requirement is the yellow Fever card. This yellow card is proof that you have received a dose of the yellow fever vaccine.

Vaccines To Take Before Visiting Benin Republic
Ensure you take these two vaccines before you visit Benin republic. If you do not, you will have issues with the Port health at the border. When you go for the yellow fever vaccine, ensure you ask them for Meningitis too. They will probably fix another date for that. These are the two basic vaccines you need to take before visiting Benin Republic.

Vaccine Requirement
Yellow fever vaccine: This vaccine is to protect you against yellow fever
Meningitis Vaccines:

The Language
French is the official language. The other languages include Yoruba, Fon and a Gbe languages.

The Currency
The official currency of the Republic of Benin is Cefa, it is also known as the West African CFA Franc.

How to Get To the Republic of Benin Through Seme Border
There are different ways to get into Benin from Nigeria
Idi Iroko Border
The Seme Border

The Different Options To get into Benin Republic
1. Flight - Getting a flight to Republic of Benin is often difficult, flights are only available on specific days
2. Boat - This is another option to cross into the country, however this is not well-structured
3. Road - This is the most popular option. more than 90 per cent of the people that travel to Benin use this option. This is why we will only focus on road transportation.

Different Options for Road Transportation
1. International Transportation companies : These are structured transportation companies that move from Lagos to Benin. They are well structured. The transportation cost from Lagos To Benin ranges from 20,000 to 45,000.
2. Charter a car: You can decide to charter a vehicle from Lagos to Benin. The cost ranges from between 70,000 to 150,000 per day. This depends on your location, the type of vehicle etc.
3. Drive all the way: You may decide to drive all the way. Ensure you have the necessary documents like international drivers license and permit.
4. Use public transportation system: this is one of the cheapest form of transportation. You can decide to take public transportation to Badagry, From Badagry to Seme , from Seme border to Cotonou etc.

Cost for Crossing Seme Border
To be sincere I do not know why they do this, but you will be made to pay before your passport is stamped. You pay about 1,000 for already passport passport and between 3,000 to 7,000 for virgin passports. Note: You wont get a receipt for these payment, this means it is definitely not going into the Govt pocket.

Tips when visiting Benin
1. Understand the exchange rate
2. Change Naira to cefa at the border
3. Get a translator app
4. Get a Benin SIM card at the border
5. Get a universal adapter
6. Learn basic vocabulary

Cost of Hotels in Benin
Getting a hotel in Benin is somehow not easy. There are very few hotels in Benin compared to Nigeria. An average 10,000 hotel in Nigeria will be going for between 20,000 to 30,000 in Benin. Hotels are generally expensive - Good hotels starts from between 10,000 to 75,000

Accommodation Options in Benin
1. Hotels
2. Air BnB
3. Short lets
4. Resorts
5. Rent a house (if you plan to stay more than a month.)

Things to Do in Benin
There are so many things to do at Benin Republic

1. Enjoy the diverse street foods
2. Visit the python temple
3. Visit the Benin slave route
4. Visit the Casa Del Papa Resort
5. Visit the National Park
6. Visit Genvie
7. Attend the Benin Republic cultural festival
8. Visit the beach
9. Do a city Tour
10. Visit the historical buildings in Benin

Source: https://www.travelwaka.com/travel-to-benin-republic-from-nigeria-all-you-need-to-know/

Back in 2010 one of my guys go beach for Benin. Na so Benin Area boys obtain am all him money and phone plus slap.

Them even point gun on am.

In Africa no just waka anyhow and always carry ur passport
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by zolajpower: 6:24pm On Aug 18, 2021
uniquetechng:
And where is the ignorance coming from, Stingray rarely attack humans and there is only one known human casualty from Stingray sting , there is no way that guy can be sting except he step on it and stand on it for few minutes which is almost impossible.
Stingray are not aggressive attacker, so stop been petty and face your front.
Do you know Steve Irwin ? Check him on Google how he died. thank you

2 Likes

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by travelwaka: 6:25pm On Aug 18, 2021
The cost of staying at Casa Del Papa varies. It starts from About 56,000 per night

tolugar:

Hi want to visit casa del papa.

For a holiday

What is the rate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Barack Obama Paddling Shirtless On Hawaii Beach / Tavy Pustiu Hit And Killed By Train While Live-streaming Himself / AfricaRanking: 20 Worst Slums In Africa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.