Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic (63698 Views)

My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin / Why Is Nobody Traveling To Benin Republic? (my Honest Opinion Video) / Car Travelling From Rivers To Benin Involved In Accident. Conductor Dies(Graphic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by fablyn1010: 8:24am On Aug 04, 2023
Hello everyone! Good morning my people!

I’m planning to travel through Cotonou to London because of their cheaper flight fairs

How is the road like from Lagos to Seme I dey fear Nigeria police intimidation and extortions because I was once a victim.

How is their immigration like at the international airport.

Thanks in advance
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Chijohn42k(m): 5:40pm On Aug 06, 2023
daughtergod:

Have you found a room mate?
are you in Benin Republic presently?
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by myhero: 3:31am On Aug 07, 2023
fablyn1010:

I’m planning to travel through Cotonou to London because of their cheaper flight fairs

How is the road like from Lagos to Seme I dey fear Nigeria police intimidation and extortions because I was once a victim.

Thanks in advance

How did u buy your ticket from cotonou to uk? Please update me
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by daughtergod: 10:42am On Aug 07, 2023
Chijohn42k:
are you in Benin Republic presently?

Not yet
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Chijohn42k(m): 4:32am On Aug 08, 2023
daughtergod:

Not yet
alright
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by johndoefoo: 7:54am On Nov 07, 2023
fablyn1010:

Thanks in advance

I have this same question, already bought the ticket. Any experience?
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Sstepkee(m): 11:20am On Nov 09, 2023
johndoefoo:

I have this same question, already bought the ticket. Any experience?

What's bro, did you later use the Cotonou route to fly? I want to use there, what was the experience like thank you
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Whitedove007: 6:27pm On Jan 20
Please what would happen if someone show them the passport at the border? Thanks.

sirrotex:
Well said. Thank you. I am really pained at this new exchange rate though
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Whitedove007: 6:43pm On Jan 20
Please what would happen if someone show them the passport at the border? Thanks.

Yampotatocarrot:

Current cost as at today, 5th of November is about #4000... Note: I factored in the exchange rate

Note that the CEFA is now more valuable than the naira... As in #1000 gives you just 800cfa... So you'll be spending more

From Iyana-Iba to Badagry is still #1000... From Badagry to Seme is #400... Alight at the last busstop and just walk forward, you'll see the big gate and right beside it, the small gate. Follow the small gate, don't let anyone deceive you to follow the big one. Crossing the border without passport will cost you #800... It's #200 at each point

Tips: If you have passport, don't bring it out when you get to the border. Pass the small gate and if they ask for passport, just bring out your money and give to them.

However, between Badagry to Seme, one of the 12 checkpoints is for Immigration, if those ones search your cab and ask who you are, tell them the state you are from, and tell them you're going to Seme to FLEX... Show them your passport, they'll free you immediately. If they ask where in Seme, just name one of the beaches...

Secret is, without passport, DON'T TELL THE IMMIGRATION officers at the Badagry-Seme road that you are crossing over... Just incase you tell them you're crossing, they'll bill you 2k, just smile and say 1k or 5h, any amount you want to give

Very important, WHEN YOU GET TO THE BORDER, DON'T BRING OUT YOUR PASSPORT, JUST HOLD YOUR #200... Change your money (or #500 if you have church mind), although some will give you change, some WON'T GIVE

In all, I think the bosses are reoeientating the border officials because they are now very CIVIL and RESPECTFUL, especially to youths... I don't know the reason, but I noticed all the hostilities previously experienced have been lacking of late. They act very, very, very courteous to young guys at the border

Annoying part is, some young guys now want to take advantage of that to behave anyhow and talk anyhow to the immigration guys at the border, thank God for the few soldiers there who put them in their place constantly.

(DON'T enter bike to cross, or listen to those that'll follow you telling you they can cross you... Just walk forward towards the small gate. If you are loss, walk up to any of the policemen/women, tell them you are looking for the small gate, that you want to cross, but you don't have passport... Make sure you walk to the policemen/women in groups... You'll see them. They'll point it out to you..drop #500 to say thank you, if you want... most won't ask anything... and walk on)

Damn... I talk too much... Lol
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:58pm On Jan 20
Whitedove007:

They'll ask you to stamp,which will be costlier
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Whitedove007: 7:11pm On Jan 20
Appreciated. Pls how much do you think the stamp cost now?

And where is the best place to get good exchange rate? Or is there a way to send money from Nigeria bank account straight to Benin bank account?

Yampotatocarrot:

They'll ask you to stamp,which will be costlier
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:50pm On Jan 20
Whitedove007:
Appreciated. Pls how much do you think the stamp cost now?

And where is the best place to get good exchange rate? Or is there a way to send money from Nigeria bank account straight to Benin bank account?

I don't know how much it costs now, I only used it once when I needed it for official stuff in Benin Republic

I believe it's cheaper to change immediately you cross the border than when you enter town... You can even check out the money changers outside those banks while trekking to the border

So far so good, to the best of my knowledge, you still can't send money from your Nigerian account to the one there
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Whitedove007: 10:00pm On Jan 20
Okay. Thanks.

Please what is the current exchange rate?

And how much is transport from after border to port novo?

Yampotatocarrot:

I don't know how much it costs now, I only used it once when I needed it for official stuff in Benin Republic

I believe it's cheaper to change immediately you cross the border than when you enter town... You can even check out the money changers outside those banks while trekking to the border

So far so good, to the best of my knowledge, you still can't send money from your Nigerian account to the one there
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Yampotatocarrot(m): 10:03pm On Jan 20
Whitedove007:
Okay. Thanks.

Please what is the current exchange rate?

And how much is transport from after border to port novo?

I don't know the recent rates and fare... I think someone posted an updated information... Read up
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Whitedove007: 10:04pm On Jan 20
Yampotatocarrot:

I don't know the recent rates and fare... I think someone posted an updated information... Read up

Alright. Appreciated.
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Whitedove007: 10:57pm On Jan 20
Yampotatocarrot:

Please one more thing, what is the difference between the Idiroko border and the Owode border?
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:19am On Jan 21
Whitedove007:

Please one more thing, what is the difference between the Idiroko border and the Owode border?

Forgive me, but I only know about the Seme border

1 Like

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Fiver: 3:36pm On Jan 22
Anyone in here driven to Benin republic?

What documents are needed?
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Whitedove007: 1:23pm On Jan 29
Thanks bro. Can I have your WhatsApp number for some private chat?

Yampotatocarrot:

Forgive me, but I only know about the Seme border
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Sikay19(m): 11:48am On Feb 12
Whitedove007:
Thanks bro. Can I have your WhatsApp number for some private chat?

Hello sir, could you please give updated cost of traveling to Cotonou? I’m considering going through Seme or Igolo depending on the costs. Thank you.
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Zoey1: 5:45pm On Mar 11
Hello,
Could you please explain the current cost and steps of going to Cotonou from Lagos.
And I have luggages to carry.
Thank you.
Yampotatocarrot:

Current cost as at today, 5th of November is about #4000... Note: I factored in the exchange rate

Note that the CEFA is now more valuable than the naira... As in #1000 gives you just 800cfa... So you'll be spending more

From Iyana-Iba to Badagry is still #1000... From Badagry to Seme is #400... Alight at the last busstop and just walk forward, you'll see the big gate and right beside it, the small gate. Follow the small gate, don't let anyone deceive you to follow the big one. Crossing the border without passport will cost you #800... It's #200 at each point

Tips: If you have passport, don't bring it out when you get to the border. Pass the small gate and if they ask for passport, just bring out your money and give to them.

However, between Badagry to Seme, one of the 12 checkpoints is for Immigration, if those ones search your cab and ask who you are, tell them the state you are from, and tell them you're going to Seme to FLEX... Show them your passport, they'll free you immediately. If they ask where in Seme, just name one of the beaches...

Secret is, without passport, DON'T TELL THE IMMIGRATION officers at the Badagry-Seme road that you are crossing over... Just incase you tell them you're crossing, they'll bill you 2k, just smile and say 1k or 5h, any amount you want to give

Very important, WHEN YOU GET TO THE BORDER, DON'T BRING OUT YOUR PASSPORT, JUST HOLD YOUR #200... Change your money (or #500 if you have church mind), although some will give you change, some WON'T GIVE

In all, I think the bosses are reoeientating the border officials because they are now very CIVIL and RESPECTFUL, especially to youths... I don't know the reason, but I noticed all the hostilities previously experienced have been lacking of late. They act very, very, very courteous to young guys at the border

Annoying part is, some young guys now want to take advantage of that to behave anyhow and talk anyhow to the immigration guys at the border, thank God for the few soldiers there who put them in their place constantly.

(DON'T enter bike to cross, or listen to those that'll follow you telling you they can cross you... Just walk forward towards the small gate. If you are loss, walk up to any of the policemen/women, tell them you are looking for the small gate, that you want to cross, but you don't have passport... Make sure you walk to the policemen/women in groups... You'll see them. They'll point it out to you..drop #500 to say thank you, if you want... most won't ask anything... and walk on)

Damn... I talk too much... Lol
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:01pm On Mar 11
Zoey1:
Hello,
Could you please explain the current cost and steps of going to Cotonou from Lagos.
And I have luggages to carry.
Thank you.

Sorry boss, I haven't been there of recent... So, I can't give you updated cost

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

VIO Uses Robot To Control Traffic In Abuja, Drivers Obey (Video) / This Is How To Wear Seat Belt When Pregnant / Barack Obama Paddling Shirtless On Hawaii Beach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.