Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,948 members, 7,835,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! (63187 Views)

Many Christians Are Bearing The Names Of Murderers / “you Are Irresponsible If You Are Not Married At 35” — G.O / Bola Ajibola: 'After Fasting For 7 Days, All My 35 Students Scored A1 In Maths' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! by Kobojunkie: 10:21pm On Aug 19, 2021
Tickles001:

I don't think God will view the level of relationship he's seeking as a good thing. I don't see anything wrong in his life. I think he's just not aware of the advantages therein. How can he hold out for 35yrs only to yield at the last minute. He should stop feeling like he's missing and start enjoying what he's got
I am more concerned that for 35 years, this man has yet to yield to God and instead bowed down to the doctrines and traditions of men, lies which are against God. - Mattthew 15 vs 1 - 14. This man's supposed worship for 35 years has been vain since he has done so by following the religion of men and not the teachings and commandments of God. undecided

And even as he desire marriage, he is waiting on men to fulfill that which God instead commanded in Genesis 2 vs 24 ( a law that Jesus Christ upheld in His New Covenant Law), that he and his partner do for themselves. undecided
Re: Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! by Nobody: 10:22pm On Aug 19, 2021
True talk
Admiral49:
It is called church doctrine i.e pattern of the church, since you are a member and understand why they ask you to do it then please do what is good.....

And for those casting Deeper Life here...u know nothing, I am not their member but back then in UNIBEN, the Deeper life Campus fellowship always put up a program with the title " You Need a Spouse" for their Final year students.. this is to make them understand what it means to be in a relationship and marriage....so don't talk trash about them...abi u think say them no know say their members go dey date themselves? The program was to guide them on relationship and marriage

1 Like

Re: Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! by siant: 10:23pm On Aug 19, 2021
Nairalanders' comments can kill person.
Make I no see wetin go make me bring my matter come here

1 Like

Re: Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! by TechNana(f): 10:23pm On Aug 19, 2021
festacman:
This is one big downside of being an obedient church boy. But the truth is that the Bible said "who findeth a wife" and NOT "who committee recommendeth a wife". So, you may need to go Talibanistic and take over your KABUL boldly and apologize to 'whom it may concern' later.

God bless you brother.

How much more can I love this comment...

I'm crying my ribs out.

Hahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! by Kandeed: 10:24pm On Aug 19, 2021
Workch:
you are sick. Then let them ruin your life na.

Reubbish

Be reasonable for once in your life and read before you quote people
Re: Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! by maikalaf(m): 10:25pm On Aug 19, 2021
dbrown2021:

Bro if you claim to be born again. Pray to God to direct you to your life partner. God does not make mistakes, and He still speaks to men today. Our spiritual maturity is important if we want to do the will of God.
Shalom.
A sister was so sure this bro was the one. You could see the excitement and all. Marriage committee ask bro how far, bro said nothing clear.
Sister was broken. See ehn, these things happens every now and then, and it's one of the contributing factors why some persons are even not sure of what they know to be true again.
The basics of this whole thing about finding a partner should be that the said partner actually knows God on a personal level. That's it!
As far as kingdom is concerned, God have many sons and daughters, and they're not only in a particular denomination (na church doctrine bring all this limitation), them yapa! Find the one that fits your spec, as far they're saved and love Jesus, take the next step. That's what marriage committee is supposed to be for, I guess.

1 Like

Re: Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! by dbrown2021: 10:25pm On Aug 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ never asked anyone to belong to your organizations in His name , nor did He instruct you to follow any of the rules and traditions, administrative included, or men. undecided

He warned you against the following of the doctrines and traditions of men, even the ones your churches are built on top off, telling you that they are all lies to deceive you away from the Truth of God - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 23 undecided

God gave you one rule as far as marriage is concerned. He did not declare that any other permissions were needed to establish a marriage. Your church marriage commitees installing themselves in between God's rule and men violates God's own law that no man add to or remove from His Law. undecided
What is the one rule that God gave for marriage?
Re: Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! by flamingREED(m): 10:26pm On Aug 19, 2021
You mean relationshit?
Don't be deceived, brother.

You don't need the worldly shit, trust me.

But Deeper Life does not stop you from being good, great and a loving friend to anyone. I hope you know the consequences of lying against God's church.
Deeper Life today is more embracing and realistic.
But something tells me you're an introvert.

1 Like

Re: Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! by BigBashiru: 10:26pm On Aug 19, 2021
sijibomi33:
Brought up by Deeperlifer, graduated as a biochemist, with the indoctrination of the church, waiting for the marriage committee to sanction a relationship even when am yet to speak to the lady in question understandably because I dont wanna go against church rules... my fear is, its unheard of!! No relationship at 35 and isn't this ABNORMAL

I know someone who is 35 and is in the exact same shoes as you. he was indoctrinated with church rules...

80% of the Average Frustrated Chumps out there are Christians and I'm sure that's not what Christ intended.
Re: Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! by Workch: 10:27pm On Aug 19, 2021
Kandeed:

Be reasonable for once in your life and read before you quote people
I don’t tolerate religious zealots and their shrinking brains, if you don’t Avoid me, I will dent that prokaryotic religious brain if yours.

People with the brain of maggots, always acting like they are still living in the Stone Age
Re: Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! by Kobojunkie: 10:28pm On Aug 19, 2021
Regex:

1. The church are different bodies of Christ. If one do not agree with the doctrine of a church, he should leave instead of being there and disobeying the doctrine of a church.
2. It depends on him. I made a suggestion that I think could help his situation.
1. There are no such things as different bodies of Jesus Christ. There is only one Church and that is the one built by Jesus Christ Himself and His Church is not of this world. undecided

Your churches which are built up by your pastors and Mogs are built of the hands and will of men on top of a foundation of doctrines and traditions, all of which Jesus Christ declared an abomination to God. So how can you expect that which is against God to be of God - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 undecided

2. If you believe in Jesus Christ, then speak only that which Jesus Christ taught. And from Matthew 19 vs 4 - 6 , we know that Jesus Christ upheld God's original law on marriage - Genesis 2 vs 24 - that a man shall leave his mother and father and cleave to his women - No parents or even marriage committee permissions necessary. undecided
Re: Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! by flamingREED(m): 10:29pm On Aug 19, 2021
Regex:
You didn't miss anything.

Word!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! by Kandeed: 10:30pm On Aug 19, 2021
Workch:
I don’t tolerate religious zealots and their shrinking brains, if you don’t Avoid me, I will dent that prokaryotic religious brain if yours.

People with the brain of maggots, always acting like they are still living in the Stone Age

I was simply telling the guy to ditch the church doctrine and run relationship the way it's done that everyone knows and do but did you read to understand me? No

oga carry ur senselessness comot my mention jare
Re: Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! by Kobojunkie: 10:31pm On Aug 19, 2021
dbrown2021:

What is the one rule that God gave for marriage?
Open your Bible to Matthew 19 vs 4 - 5 and you will find there that Jesus Christ, God's New Covenant Law, upheld God's own law as regards marriages - Genesis 2 vs 24 - declaring from the beginning that a man shall leave his father and mother and shall join with his woman and the two shall be man and wife. God never specified that any permission was necessary, not even from a manmade and dictated marriage commitee. undecided
Re: Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! by CUMIN: 10:32pm On Aug 19, 2021
sijibomi33:
Brought up by Deeperlifer, graduated as a biochemist, with the indoctrination of the church, waiting for the marriage committee to sanction a relationship even when am yet to speak to the lady in question understandably because I dont wanna go against church rules... my fear is, its unheard of!! No relationship at 35 and isn't this ABNORMAL

The problem you are having is that you don't want to commit sin. But there's no how you won't. Most especially now that you are of marriage able age. You have to ignore all this religion and put your eyes down to chose
Re: Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! by Gbams55: 10:33pm On Aug 19, 2021
Your choice
Re: Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! by dbrown2021: 10:34pm On Aug 19, 2021
maikalaf:

A sister was so sure this bro was the one. You could see the excitement and all. Marriage committee ask bro how far, bro said nothing clear.
Sister was broken. See ehn, these things happens every now and then, and it's one of the contributing factors why some persons are even not sure of what they know to be true again.
The basics of this whole thing about finding a partner should be that the said partner actually knows God on a personal level. That's it!
As far as kingdom is concerned, God have many sons and daughters, and they're not only in a particular denomination (na church doctrine bring all this limitation), them yapa! Find the one that fits your spec, as far they're saved and love Jesus, take the next step. That's what marriage committee is supposed to be for, I guess.
Most times God works from both ends when it comes to the will of God in marriage . Gen 24:12-14. If one cannot pray and wait for God to direct him or her. There is no need going to tell the committee lies that God led you to someone. Just tell them you like the person for marriage and don't be surprised that God can still work it out for you. We need to learn to depend on God in this life. If we learn to always depend on God we will not make mistakes and the good Lord will prosper us. Shalom.

2 Likes

Re: Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! by damocool(m): 10:35pm On Aug 19, 2021
Sir, you have yourself to blame. Are brethren not up to 30 yrs not getting married in that church? Are male brethren marrying outside the church getting excommunicated from the church for that? Have seen a brother (worker) who got married from CAC and later became a pastor in same church. Church isn't your problem sir, but you. In fact, you coming here to write this shows the kind of person you are.
Re: Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! by flamingREED(m): 10:35pm On Aug 19, 2021
Eriokanmi:
Not abnormal. Here's not the best forum to share spirituality because there would be divided opinions. Here's full of worldly people. Some of them don't even believe there's God. Why not put it to God in prayers for a divine direction? You'd be glad you did

Brother, did you hear?
Are you sure your spiritual life is not under a Talibanistic assault right now?
You sound psychologically and spiritually weak.
Friends marry in DLBC. I don't know what has come over you. Even some marriage committee members have gone out of their way to plot male and female coordinates for some.
Re: Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! by babra19: 10:36pm On Aug 19, 2021
Let me date you!�

1 Like

Re: Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! by BigBashiru: 10:37pm On Aug 19, 2021
for years I couldn't tell a woman I was interested because of fear of hell sad

i thought expressing myself sexually was "sin" and inherently evil.

I was given labels such as fornication, adultery and immorality though it wasn't those things.

2 Likes

Re: Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! by Kobojunkie: 10:37pm On Aug 19, 2021
Jymsyno:

No need joining issue with you. Do you know the job of the MC to start with before you call what they do church dogma? What is wrong with elders guiding younger ones through the scripture on how to do things accordingly.
Read your Bible to understand the difference between God's Law and the rules of men and why God warned that it is sin against Him to inject the laws/rules and traditions of men in where His Kingdom and Law is concerned. undecided

God's law on marriage is as stated both in Matthew 19 vs 4 - 5 by Jesus Christ which is a repeat of the very same law God gave in the beginning - Genesis 2 vs 24 - which proclaims that a man shall leave his father and mother and cleave to his woman.. God never specified that permission was needed for marriage to take place from anyone - not even your marriage commitee. By inserting itself between God and those to be marry, your marriage committee is against God as it adds its own rule to God's Law - against God's own decree. undecided
Re: Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! by dbrown2021: 10:39pm On Aug 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Open your Bible to Matthew 19 vs 4 - 5 and you will find there that Jesus Christ, God's New Covenant Law, upheld God's own law as regards marriages - Genesis 2 vs 24 - declaring from the beginning that a man shall leave his father and mother and shall join with his woman and the two shall be man and wife. God never specified that any permission was necessary, not even from a manmade and dictated marriage commitee. undecided
I believe you know that Jesus did not say a man a woman should run away from their parents and form a new family. To leave father and mother is the goal. But there is a process or activity steps to be taken to achieve the main goal. At family, village or traditional and Church level IF you are Born Again.
Re: Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! by Kobojunkie: 10:40pm On Aug 19, 2021
CUMIN:

The problem you are having is that you don't want to commit sin. But there's no how you won't. Most especially now that you are of marriage able age. You have to ignore all this religion and put your eyes down to chose
His entire life has been lived in sin with him blind to it. undecided

Sin is disobedience of God's commandments and by continually adopting the doctrines and traditions of men which God warned against, this man by being indoctrinated has been living lavishly in sin and oblivious to it since the beginning - assuming he is saved . undecided

2 Likes

Re: Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! by nuland(m): 10:41pm On Aug 19, 2021
Bro,
Letting others decide for you is the greatest disservice you can do to yourself.
Relocate, Choose your woman and build a relationship with her.
The same Bible the Church bases her teachings on admonishes us to give to God what's to God and to Caesar What's to Caesar.
You and whosoever you decide to Marry are OYO after the wedding formalities.
Life is too short to give your head to some committee to think on your behalf.
No one has the monopoly of access to God.

1 Like

Re: Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! by Kobojunkie: 10:42pm On Aug 19, 2021
dbrown2021:

I believe you know that Jesus did not say a man a woman should run away from their parents and form a new family. To leave father and mother is the goal. But there is a process or activity steps to be taken to achieve the main goal. At family, village or traditional and Church level IF you are Born Again.
Is this process you speak of defined by God or defined by men? undecided

If a man and woman chose to run away to do as God commands, so long as they marry inthe way ruled by God, theirs is done in obedience to God. Anyone who is in Jesus Christ yet holding on to the tradition and ways of this world has yet to know the Truth of God.undecided
Re: Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! by Phurah: 10:46pm On Aug 19, 2021
My Dear, the church has nothing to do with your current status. I know many under 30s that are already wedded in the Church.. Moreso, the Church does not join people fogether for the purpose of dating. They help born again christians of marriageable age go through pre wedding activities like proposal, parental consent, counselling during courtship and every other activity of importance leading to the day of your wedding. I want to ask are you born again?? Are you ready for marriage??
Re: Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! by Niran88: 10:53pm On Aug 19, 2021
[quote author=Spleendour post=104972651]it's good to just live your life in a humanly way.. too religious will derive you from many things .. well my guy there's still hope for you
@35, bro u need to borrow Sense.
Re: Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! by Sanjemiga: 10:54pm On Aug 19, 2021
This happened to a friend of mine. She was meant to marry this guy who was a deeprlife. She eveb started going to the church just to please him. So there was this girl she said she noticed always used to call him. And he told her that the church wants him to marry the girl. She is a deeprlife member and her dad is even pastoring one of the branches. He said the girl is nice but he is not attracted to her in any way. My friend brushed it off until when the guy began giving her distance till he deleted her on his Facebook and blocked her on whatsapp. She got to know he got married to the deeprlife girl months later after he dumped her. Well the man is back now begging, after a child. . He has left the church and doesn't live with his wife. He said he married a monster. This is just one of many sad stories of church doctrine and interference with marriage. GOD Never told anyone that you must marry from the same church. Becareful before you marry the wrong person or someone you will look at and feel disgusted. It's in deepelife I see that you hardly see a couple that are both fine. It's either man is fine and woman is very ugly facially or vice versa. I'm sorry its just my observation. They too dey match make and its not right......
Re: Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! by Thereishel: 10:54pm On Aug 19, 2021
sijibomi33:

It's not abnormal bro l married at deeper life at 34 and I am enjoying my marriage pray fervently be patient and God would intervene in your marriage

1 Like

Re: Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! by BigBashiru: 10:57pm On Aug 19, 2021
sijibomi33:

bear in mind church guys don't date the hot girls.... the hot girls are a source of temptation to them all their life and they are secretly bitter.

you will probably marry a 30yr old gal who has lost much of her attractiveness.....and so deep down u will never b happy. cos you never dated the hot young girls.....

Instead they are an eternal source of temptation to you.

And will continue to be after your "marriage"

too much religion isn't good

2 Likes

Re: Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! by Kobojunkie: 10:57pm On Aug 19, 2021
BigBashiru:
for years I couldn't tell a woman I was interested because of fear of hell sad

i thought expressing myself sexually was "sin" and inherently evil.

I was given labels such as fornication, adultery and immorality though it wasn't those things.
You suffer oooo!

ROFLMAO
grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Things Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Has Stated As Errors & False Teaching From Bible? / Poverty In Nigeria Vs Richest Pastors In Nigeria - By Alawode-James Jumoke / The Dedication Of Glory Dome, Dunamis Headquarters In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.