Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,230 members, 7,836,109 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (1632) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3549034 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1629) (1630) (1631) (1632) (1633) (1634) (1635) ... (2827) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Dr7Manhattan: 4:51pm On May 08, 2020
phessyphemzzy:
Who does THE LAST KINGDOM boring like this even with 8+ rating on idm and 90+ on rotten tomatoes

I've watched season 1 episode 1-3

Shouldn't v download up to season 2

Why did you tho?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 7:05pm On May 08, 2020
The Hollow.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by laydoh(m): 9:04pm On May 08, 2020
hellohgy:

No,the show is Billions.

Same actor though.

Though I watched billions first, when I saw axe in homeland i was surprised he play the role.

I just didn't put him as that kind of guy.
This is homeland
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by hitch05: 9:08pm On May 08, 2020
Parks and rec season 3

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by UgoFly: 9:13pm On May 08, 2020
Megatone50:

I love your comments, cuz reasons like these will make someone stay glued to a series even if they don't fancy it.. I stopped breaking bad at season 3.. having watched season 1 and 2 twice..smh. I just have to find the zeal to complete the series. a friend of mine has literally beg me to watch it, and better call Saul.. that both series are great..he even added blacklist to it.. these are series I plan to watch someday.

thinking between upload and into the night which I should start now..hmmmm

same thing happened to me. My friend kept checking up on me just to encourage me to keep watching the series. Decided to start watching it at night so it would help me sleep but when it hooked me mehn, I was seeing Mr. White in my dreams. You won't regret it.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by UgoFly: 9:15pm On May 08, 2020
phessyphemzzy:
Why does THE LAST KINGDOM boring like this even with 8+ rating on idm and 90+ on rotten tomatoes

I've watched season 1 episode 1-3

Shouldn't v download up to season 2

Wow
And I wanted to start watching it o
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nova15: 10:14pm On May 08, 2020
UgoFly:

Wow

The last kingdom is one helluva series. You're in a seriously nice thrill. Just keep watching.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Futuragetty: 10:36pm On May 08, 2020
DandeNummeruno:

!!!Spoiler Alert!!!

I learnt in the preceding episodes that no character has plot armour, consequently, I wasn't greatly astonished when Eliot murdered Sean in the season finale. It's Game of Throne-esque... I love it.
poorly written scripts. It was rather too early for the Wallace family to be erased, leaving the family biz at the hands of refugees. in real life, people in the kind of biz Wallaces' fam were involved in don't make certain mistakes. like having a UC living and dining with you.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Shittaakeem(m): 11:35pm On May 08, 2020
UgoFly:

Wow
Ignore that guy
You'll definitely enjoy last kingdom.
It's not boring
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ThisisIkemefuna(m): 12:43am On May 09, 2020
SamConquer:
HTGAWM is one crazy,crazy series.
Had goosebumps for this last episode.

The show is the bomb. I see new episodes are out now. Yippeee
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by laydoh(m): 5:56am On May 09, 2020
This man is just mad

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by laydoh(m): 5:57am On May 09, 2020
Damn

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ThisisIkemefuna(m): 7:28am On May 09, 2020
Htgawm doing gay marriage, murder, incest all at the same time. This is a mind-blowing twist guys; Frank has been triggered!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by SamConquer(m): 7:47am On May 09, 2020
ThisisIkemefuna:

The show is the bomb. I see new episodes are out now. Yippeee
New episodes are out and boy o boy, it is raining Fire..Imagine been on earth and you have not watched HTGAWM....Never seen a show that hooked me right from Season 1 episode 1 up until the latest season(Season 6)

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by alex81(m): 8:00am On May 09, 2020
Megatone50:

you choose to attack me and fail to understand my point, you see me as an enemy of your show..lol..well am a critic and I drop my opinion with fact..

I have said this for the umpteenth time.. billions is a good show, you are just over rating it..

I have stated it before that it's a show about the capital market and we both can agree on that, I only stated other facts about the series in my own opinion..

the capital market they portray there is not 100% how it's works..you must be living in fantasy to feel how Axe runs is deals is how in reality the capital market, Money market, security, equities are 100% traded..it give you an idea on how things are..

I can counter your point one by one and agree with the once i know is true..

let's leave billions.. series like HTGAWM, suit shows about law. Chicago med, the good doctor show about medical practice. now this are good show but you can't tell me it's 100% true.. that what am trying to say. Billions has it pros and cons.. you just don't want to see the cons .

let's me use HTGAWM as an example so you won't attack me.. series of murder are committed in this show.. and few of the leading actors for no reason has never confessed to the crimes to the authority reason best know to them. which you and I know that in reality there is no how someone who has not committed any crime will keeps secret of someone for long without bringing it up.. the show is great, I like it..that won't stop me from saying a con I see, there are few others I can mention there

let me use GOT for example..it's a Great show but the last season finale didn't meet people expectations, that doesn't stop it from being great.. many will like a show and few will dislike it's cuz they are looking at it from another angle.

back to billions.. mike adenuga son, Paddy once tried buying chevron Netherland and failed..did he go and kill the company. dangote has noodles and spaghetti, macaroni, with all his wealth has he killed golden penny product which sell more than his own in this line or indomie... mark Zuckerberg tried buying Snapchat and failed did he immediately kill snap..

what am saying is..there are Many factors that comes in play in trading securities, equities, how the capital market is, which are not shown..you must be living in fantasy to think how Axe rolls is how things are being done..

I don't need to counter every of the series actions..it's a good show and I love it..

I love the cinematography, location being used..food their cars.. I have stated many things before that I like about the show..I try to balance fiction and nonfiction..pick your point and move on, don't rub it on people.

I have one question for you.. have you worked in the capital market before or corporate world and see how they run their stuff..I have.. and I know few things about it,

buhari and atiku you mentioned are in the same sector (politics) they are allowed to be rivals and friends, it's like Ronaldo and Messi.. rivals on pitch and friends outside, I can give many examples on that. Axe and Chuck are in different sectors. in reality they shouldn't cross paths.. in Nigeria now.. Efcc should be someone after Axe, (example morpha, Investor BJ.) in the show should be SEC

one don't need to watch billions twice to understand boss..it's a straight forward series.no underground story to stress your brain about, or back and forth past and present or future.. it's simple. it's just the reference in conversation you may not understand if your not vast in other aspect of things, even if you watch it 100 times and don't know the reference. you will not know it..they always make their point after talking reference..it made the series unique in it own way though..

you also said the fight between Axe and Chuck show how the elite live..lol..boss even the poor fight. they are friends today and enemies tomorrow.. infact the poor fight more the the elite.

all this are my opinion on the show..no fight sir..let's just enjoy the show..we can talk more at the end of season 5.. stay blessed

Bros, since you know this much just write ur own great plot for us to see na.

Why trying so hard to shove ur opinion down our throats.

We get it, U don't fancy d show that much. Leave it for us that like it like that.

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DandeNummeruno: 8:10am On May 09, 2020
Megatone50:

you choose to attack me and fail to understand my point, you see me as an enemy of your show..lol..well am a critic and I drop my opinion with fact..

I have said this for the umpteenth time.. billions is a good show, you are just over rating it..

This huge wall of text is for what exactly? undecided

Your desperation for relevance made you to almost exhaust a page with a pointless epistle.

Nigga, wise up.

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DandeNummeruno: 8:26am On May 09, 2020
Futuragetty:

poorly written scripts. It was rather too early for the Wallace family to be erased, leaving the family biz at the hands of refugees. in real life, people in the kind of biz Wallaces' fam were involved in don't make certain mistakes. like having a UC living and dining with you.

Not gonna defend the script because it has a lot of discrepancies, but Sean at the later stages of the show, mutated into a pawn piece in a chess board, consequently, killing him off is kinda logical. As the plot evolved, he ceased to be the focal point of it. Elliot has taken over the principal role, and it'd be interesting to see how he deals with it.

Sean's Mom is a more interesting character anyhow, and the writers kept her alive for this reason, and I firmly believe she will have a prominent role to play next season. The Wallaces are still in the game.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by eldred15: 8:48am On May 09, 2020
The oval episode 13 is out!!!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Treyknowles(m): 9:17am On May 09, 2020
eldred15:
The oval episode 13 is out!!!

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by eldred15: 10:07am On May 09, 2020
[quote author=Treyknowles post=89348287][/quote] What's your problem, mate?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by lymelyte(m): 10:18am On May 09, 2020
hellohgy:

The main idea behind being Non-binary is the lack of gender.

There is nothing like a non binary woman.

They are neither a man nor woman .
so they neither have pen11s or Vag?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Megatone50: 10:30am On May 09, 2020
DandeNummeruno:

This huge wall of text is for what exactly? undecided

Your desperation for relevance made you to almost exhaust a page with a pointless epistle.

Nigga, wise up.

relevance for what? I didn't know the page space means a lot to you, are you cultivating it with empty speech or what..smh..

saying my opinion is pointless should be backed with a helpful one, if you don't have anything better to say gladly ignore

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Megatone50: 10:32am On May 09, 2020
alex81:

Bros, since you know this much just write ur own great plot for us to see na.

Why trying so hard to shove ur opinion down our throats.

We get it, U don't fancy d show that much. Leave it for us that like it like that.

sorry boss.. didn't mean any harm.. stay safe

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by hellohgy(m): 10:57am On May 09, 2020
lymelyte:
so they neither have pen11s or Vag?

That is not the point.

You can search non binary online for more information.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by BetWinners(m): 11:00am On May 09, 2020
Megatone50:

no doubt you have valid points there, billions has few pointers to does that can read between the lines, I was only emphasizing on the over rating which I felt was exaggeration.

on your points..

1.. yes.it showed how rich people live,, their lifestyle. how they connect most especially, you see a rich man A wants to meet Rich man C.. and his friends with rich man B. once he knows Rich man B has a connect with C, he ask B for a link up.. Rhoades father and co did this alot..

2.. the government and justice system has always been corrupt since Adam.

3. the issue of power and Money is a delicate stuff I don't want to emphasize on..

4.. yeah..some nice quote or statement were said.. nice reference as well.. Axe once said " what the point of having Bleep you money when you can't say Bleep you"

other stuff there is..it shows how the rich oppress and extort the poor.. how the rich want to keep getting rich without allowing others or the poor to surpass them..

one other thing..it's shows how under paid government workers are being paid..(Chuck who couldn't comfortably carter for his children fees, welfare and House)

also majority of rich people you see get their wealth from illigitimate deals or act..they will just start up business or organisation immediately to cover tracks and make them look legit.

my probs there are the cliché reference, cliché plot (Mr A back stabbing B, C asking for favor from D in return for his own, E attacking F, it's just going in circles with nothing new to show, to me..this show shouldn't even get to 5)
You are right.Many billionaires share ideas between themselves years before those ideas become trendy & profitable.Elon Musk has SpaceX for private space travel,Jeff Bezos has Blue Moon.Jeff even got in on the streaming market years before other more established companies caught on the goldmine
Years before bitcoin became mainstream,those guys were acquiring them in heaps

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by RayMcBlue(m): 11:02am On May 09, 2020
hellohgy:

That is not the point.
You can search non binary online for more information.
Nonbinary is a term formulated to excuse mental illness.

6 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by yusfatedeeprof(m): 12:12pm On May 09, 2020
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by yusfatedeeprof(m): 12:17pm On May 09, 2020
Killing eve, tomorrow.... Can't wait kiss kiss

Episode 4 still the best episode yet, this season.... Poor Niko cry
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Futuragetty: 12:46pm On May 09, 2020
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Futuragetty: 12:51pm On May 09, 2020
DandeNummeruno:

Not gonna defend the script because it has a lot of discrepancies, but Sean at the later stages of the show mutated into a pawn piece in a chessboard, consequently, killing him off is kinda logical. As the plot evolved, he ceased to be the focal point of it. Elliot has taken over the principal role, and it'd be interesting to see how he deals with it.

Sean's Mom is a more interesting character anyhow, and the writers kept her alive for this reason, and I firmly believe she will have a prominent role to play next season. The Wallaces are still in the game.
exactly, nobody would.
Thought Marian Wallace was shot by Ed Dumani at the
graveyard. I somehow felt she could not have survived the
gunshot since it was close-ranged. unless I missed the part of her surviving.
another aspect they failed was - Sean almost had no sexual
life, except for the quickie with Lale towards the end of the last episode. I really wanted sean to be the main character. He had it all- the burning rage for revenge.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Futuragetty: 12:56pm On May 09, 2020
Somebody did recommend, "NORMAL PEOPLE" a while ago.
Seen Fourth episode, is they still need the continue. That movie doesn't interest me at all. not yet- Hope subsequent episode would be nice.

If you have not seen, "YOU". try it out.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1629) (1630) (1631) (1632) (1633) (1634) (1635) ... (2827) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: BjaySexy(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.