Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,300 members, 7,836,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (1631) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3549618 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1628) (1629) (1630) (1631) (1632) (1633) (1634) ... (2827) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 6:23am On May 08, 2020
Brukx:

Poor CGI and graphics to start with.
OK, so the dragons were rendered poorly. Is that why Geralt of Rivia has been living in you people's heads rent-free?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by michlins(m): 6:26am On May 08, 2020
Megatone50:

and you feel that's how the money market, capital markets work, there are many reasons that may leads to a country devaluing it currency,
Billions is a good show but you guys are over rating it.

season 1and 2 Chuck and Axe were against each other with different irrelevant stories going on behind, season 3 and 4 they are now friends fighting their own enemies in their various fields, ending of season 4 or will I say beginning of season 5 now..axe and Chuck are now against each other taking us back to season 1 beginning.. the series is just going in circles.. nothing really special about the hype you guys are doing here..

the only thing I can say about the series is that it teaches one or two things about capital markets, organisation structure, acquisition, money market, Forex, if your business oriented or students you will like the plot, other than that nothing.

also want to add.. one thing I found unique in billions is the fact that each conversation always start with a reference similar to the conversation being talked about, having a vast knowledge of different things and high IQ is good to understand most of their conversation, at a point it's become cliché and boring, like u just want them to get to the point rather than beating around the bush to say just a word. Wagner, Chuck are my favourite when it comes to that.. funny fellow
seriously I don't know how to help you here. About this fight between the two, it tells you how the elites live. They can be friends today and enemies tomorrow. Buhari and Atiku comes to mind. It's not going around circles. It's relationship based on convenience. This season 5 brought new enemies not one but two new enemies to Axe. While one is enemy within, the other is out there and matches Axe in all round. From financial strength to ruthless.

But those aren't why I love the show. If you want to learn what really happens in the capital markets, that's the series to watch. You will need to watch an episode more than once to fully grab the conversation and what happened. Watching it once, you won't fully understand what the race was about and it will lead you unto the next one with much confusion.

That's all I can tell you for now. Enjoy your day
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by FlightCrew(m): 6:38am On May 08, 2020
Blindspot is back!
Who else is following that epic series.

Ps, no hating... I personally think it's a decent show
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by michlins(m): 6:45am On May 08, 2020
Megatone50:

if they like let them take it to season 10.. no more anticipation about the series, na only curiosity of what will happen between Chuck and Wendy in their marriage, cuz am observing few pointers from their marriage.

How a career woman acts in marriage

lack of communication

incompatibility in their sex life..

how Wendy being a therapist can't help her husband to overcome his bondage act, or even seek external help for him

how chuck was able to overcome her cheating, and she flares up at his little mistake and runs out of their home.

how toxic Wendy is. angry that chuck used her privileged information against Axe but used same information on Taylor and still feel good about herself (just a little bad after mafee went to insult her) and still blame the husband for not helping her..

Gosh.. her character makes me laugh, like are people really like this.
Billions was never about those marriage of convenience that they show. It's about money moves, it's about power and it's about shattering long held predisposition about what life should be. Starting from Chuck desires to that non binary character. They shattered societal norms while telling you that to get to the top, you have to be extremely ruthless. Look at what Axe wife did to that woman that complained about axe feeding them crumbs after the death of their husbands. And look at how Axe dealth with the boy that thought he had grown really well and can do without Axe.

It also tells you about loyalty and betrayal. Even with the whole money, Axe trusted only himself first and then Wendy and that his CFO that I have forgotten his name. Those two really showed you what loyal friends are like and reward for them. Meanwhile, Chuck was surrounded by Hawks who wants what he has and that makes him the real deal.

Another takeaway is this,if you are a criminal, always be prepared to be on the move. Let your partner know what life is like for you. If you remember that time they came for Axe and how prepared the wife is to be on the move. She had new passports for the kids and emergency cash in form of gold and standby jet to take them to countries America can't get them at. In all things, you need to understand one thing, Billions need you to watch it twice or more to truly understand it. It's not your usual straight forward stories where you get lost in conversation and jump right in whenever you want and yet understand the series straight ahead

4 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by michlins(m): 6:47am On May 08, 2020
FlightCrew:
Blindspot is back!
Who else is following that epic series.

Ps, no hating... I personally think it's a decent show
the only reason I watched it was because of Richdotcom. The series no too make sense. Data is too expensive in Nigeria to watch decent series. Bring the best and I watch

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Brukx(m): 6:47am On May 08, 2020
Kaycee7:
OK, so the dragons were rendered poorly. Is that why Geralt of Rivia has been living in you people's heads rent-free?
Not my head bro. Not mine. Poor CGI killed that production. Go to Reddit and see comments
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by armadeo(m): 7:49am On May 08, 2020
Anyone seen the night of.

A one of series. Its a bang
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 9:03am On May 08, 2020
Brukx:
Not my head bro. Not mine. Poor CGI killed that production. Go to Reddit and see comments
Poor CGI didn't stop The Witcher from getting great critic and user reviews, as well as, a massive followership. So I don't know which production poor CGI killed.
Also, the fact that people like you can't stop whining about The Witcher every other second proves that it has stocked up free real estate in your heads.

4 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by itv17(f): 9:07am On May 08, 2020
- A Confession
- Liar
- The Bay
- van der Valk
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by troubleseller: 9:18am On May 08, 2020
armadeo:
Anyone seen the night of.
A one of series. Its a bang
Welcome
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by mightguy(m): 10:19am On May 08, 2020
Hello guys please can u give names of popular website to download series. Apart from toxic and 02tv
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by FlightCrew(m): 11:58am On May 08, 2020
michlins:
the only reason I watched it was because of Richdotcom. The series no too make sense. Data is too expensive in Nigeria to watch decent series. Bring the best and I watch

Dude, why do y'all have to be rude or something every single day?!!! I don't care if you stop watching tv at all, i love BLINDSPOT and I'll continue to watch it. Data is expensive : yet i am not forcing you to download it, am i?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by hellohgy(m): 12:11pm On May 08, 2020
whitelotus:

The best woman is a non-binary woman. Taylor Mason. She has been the only honest soul on that show.

She is cold and ruthless but she never lies about it.

The main idea behind being Non-binary is the lack of gender.

There is nothing like a non binary woman.

They are neither a man nor woman .

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by hellohgy(m): 12:13pm On May 08, 2020
One guy made of comment of how in billions the character will make a reference of a situation that happened in the past to the present situation.

This flex is basically enough in this show.
It portrays the characters of being intellectual and unwittingly good.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by whitelotus: 12:15pm On May 08, 2020
hellohgy:

The main idea behind being Non-binary is the lack of gender.

There is nothing like a non binary woman.

They are neither a man nor woman .

Yes. You are right.

But that is besides my point.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Megatone50: 12:32pm On May 08, 2020
FlightCrew:

Dude, why do y'all have to be rude or something every single day?!!! I don't care if you stop watching tv at all, i love BLINDSPOT and I'll continue to watch it. Data is expensive : yet i am not forcing you to download it, am i?

lol, funny comment, don't take it personal bro. don't expect people to like everything you like, you either give them a reason to like it as you do or ignore, that why there is critics,

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by CsRockefeller(m): 12:36pm On May 08, 2020
Hotel Rwanda is forever green. cry
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Antonio18: 12:37pm On May 08, 2020
La casa de Papel
The Dark
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Megatone50: 12:42pm On May 08, 2020
an episode left for HTGAWM and one can't conclude on what will happen next..hmmmmm epic..

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kongolo(m): 1:40pm On May 08, 2020
Megatone50:

no doubt you have valid points there, billions has few pointers to does that can read between the lines, I was only emphasizing on the over rating which I felt was exaggeration.

on your points..

1.. yes.it showed how rich people live,, their lifestyle. how they connect most especially, you see a rich man A wants to meet Rich man C.. and his friends with rich man B. once he knows Rich man B has a connect with C, he ask B for a link up.. Rhoades father and co did this alot..

2.. the government and justice system has always been corrupt since Adam.

3. the issue of power and Money is a delicate stuff I don't want to emphasize on..

4.. yeah..some nice quote or statement were said.. nice reference as well.. Axe once said " what the point of having Bleep you money when you can't say Bleep you"

other stuff there is..it shows how the rich oppress and extort the poor.. how the rich want to keep getting rich without allowing others or the poor to surpass them..

one other thing..it's shows how under paid government workers are being paid..(Chuck who couldn't comfortably carter for his children fees, welfare and House)

also majority of rich people you see get their wealth from illigitimate deals or act..they will just start up business or organisation immediately to cover tracks and make them look legit

my probs there are the cliché reference, cliché plot (Mr A back stabbing B, C asking for favor from D in return for his own, E attacking F, it's just going in circles with nothing new to show, to me..this show shouldn't even get to 5)
I have never watched a single episode of Billions but the emboldened reminded me of a scene from Mr Robot season four

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Megatone50: 2:17pm On May 08, 2020
kongolo:
I have never watched a single episode of Billions but the emboldened reminded me of a scene from Mr Robot season four

sad to say it the truth, many billionaires today we have even in our country can't explain how they start up, you will just here I started my company bla bla bla.and my company is now big is how I made my money, no some can't explain their start up capital..

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Megatone50: 2:57pm On May 08, 2020
michlins:
seriously I don't know how to help you here. About this fight between the two, it tells you how the elites live. They can be friends today and enemies tomorrow. Buhari and Atiku comes to mind. It's not going around circles. It's relationship based on convenience. This season 5 brought new enemies not one but two new enemies to Axe. While one is enemy within, the other is out there and matches Axe in all round. From financial strength to ruthless.

But those aren't why I love the show. If you want to learn what really happens in the capital markets, that's the series to watch. You will need to watch an episode more than once to fully grab the conversation and what happened. Watching it once, you won't fully understand what the race was about and it will lead you unto the next one with much confusion.

That's all I can tell you for now. Enjoy your day

you choose to attack me and fail to understand my point, you see me as an enemy of your show..lol..well am a critic and I drop my opinion with fact..

I have said this for the umpteenth time.. billions is a good show, you are just over rating it..

I have stated it before that it's a show about the capital market and we both can agree on that, I only stated other facts about the series in my own opinion..

the capital market they portray there is not 100% how it's works..you must be living in fantasy to feel how Axe runs is deals is how in reality the capital market, Money market, security, equities are 100% traded..it give you an idea on how things are..

I can counter your point one by one and agree with the once i know is true..

let's leave billions.. series like HTGAWM, suit shows about law. Chicago med, the good doctor show about medical practice. now this are good show but you can't tell me it's 100% true.. that what am trying to say. Billions has it pros and cons.. you just don't want to see the cons .

let's me use HTGAWM as an example so you won't attack me.. series of murder are committed in this show.. and few of the leading actors for no reason has never confessed to the crimes to the authority reason best know to them. which you and I know that in reality there is no how someone who has not committed any crime will keeps secret of someone for long without bringing it up.. the show is great, I like it..that won't stop me from saying a con I see, there are few others I can mention there

let me use GOT for example..it's a Great show but the last season finale didn't meet people expectations, that doesn't stop it from being great.. many will like a show and few will dislike it's cuz they are looking at it from another angle.

back to billions.. mike adenuga son, Paddy once tried buying chevron Netherland and failed..did he go and kill the company. dangote has noodles and spaghetti, macaroni, with all his wealth has he killed golden penny product which sell more than his own in this line or indomie... mark Zuckerberg tried buying Snapchat and failed did he immediately kill snap..

what am saying is..there are Many factors that comes in play in trading securities, equities, how the capital market is, which are not shown..you must be living in fantasy to think how Axe rolls is how things are being done..

I don't need to counter every of the series actions..it's a good show and I love it..

I love the cinematography, location being used..food their cars.. I have stated many things before that I like about the show..I try to balance fiction and nonfiction..pick your point and move on, don't rub it on people.

I have one question for you.. have you worked in the capital market before or corporate world and see how they run their stuff..I have.. and I know few things about it,

buhari and atiku you mentioned are in the same sector (politics) they are allowed to be rivals and friends, it's like Ronaldo and Messi.. rivals on pitch and friends outside, I can give many examples on that. Axe and Chuck are in different sectors. in reality they shouldn't cross paths.. in Nigeria now.. Efcc should be someone after Axe, (example morpha, Investor BJ.) in the show should be SEC

one don't need to watch billions twice to understand boss..it's a straight forward series.no underground story to stress your brain about, or back and forth past and present or future.. it's simple. it's just the reference in conversation you may not understand if your not vast in other aspect of things, even if you watch it 100 times and don't know the reference. you will not know it..they always make their point after talking reference..it made the series unique in it own way though..

you also said the fight between Axe and Chuck show how the elite live..lol..boss even the poor fight. they are friends today and enemies tomorrow.. infact the poor fight more the the elite.

all this are my opinion on the show..no fight sir..let's just enjoy the show..we can talk more at the end of season 5.. stay blessed

4 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by doscar(m): 2:58pm On May 08, 2020
Hi folks, please which recommended site can I download these series *The men who built America*
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by michlins(m): 3:05pm On May 08, 2020
FlightCrew:

how did what I say become rude. Told you I'm not watching cause I'm not feeling the series again and can't spend my data on it. I'm sorry if it hurt your feelings but I'm not trying to be rude

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by realestniggah: 3:16pm On May 08, 2020
doscar:
Hi folks, please which recommended site can I download these series *The men who built America*

Found it in this telegram group

@movies101kian
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ositadima1(m): 3:52pm On May 08, 2020
My Brilliant Friend is quite good, though it is in Italian with english subtitles.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by phessyphemzzy(m): 4:41pm On May 08, 2020
Why does THE LAST KINGDOM boring like this even with 8+ rating on idm and 90+ on rotten tomatoes

I've watched season 1 episode 1-3

Shouldn't v download up to season 2
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Dr7Manhattan: 4:51pm On May 08, 2020
Kaycee7:
Poor CGI didn't stop The Witcher from getting great critic and user reviews, as well as, a massive followership. So I don't know which production poor CGI killed.
Also, the fact that people like you can't stop whining about The Witcher every other second proves that it has stocked up free real estate in your heads.

Leave him,
He's one em peeps that adopt other people's opinions because he thinks they're better than him(self esteem issues).
Nothing wrong with the witcher's CGI,
I didn't like the series very much (personally)
But it's good.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1628) (1629) (1630) (1631) (1632) (1633) (1634) ... (2827) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.