Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,824 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (1695) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3515171 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1692) (1693) (1694) (1695) (1696) (1697) (1698) ... (2818) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Lorbar(f): 10:09pm On Jul 13, 2020
sabbiboi:
Pls, where I can download sugar rush and living in bondage
9jarocksdotcom

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Brukx(m): 2:30am On Jul 14, 2020
Vexatious:

If you've watched the film, you'd realize that watching the TV show is a pointless endeavour, an exercise in futility. Unless the storyline deviates from the movie (highly doubtful), the train (and everyone in it) is doomed.
The storylines are different
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 3:15am On Jul 14, 2020
New Release ➕

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:07am On Jul 14, 2020
Brukx:
The storylines are different

Due to the fact that the show's timeline predates the movie's, a nuanced shift in the narrative perspective is obvious (different characters and whatnot), but their respective premises are the same. The train is the common denominator of both timelines.

It doesn't end well.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by hellohgy(m): 5:37am On Jul 14, 2020
Vexatious:

Due to the fact that the show's timeline predates the movie's, a nuanced shift in the narrative perspective is obvious, different characters and whatnot, but their respective premises are the same. Basically, the show's timeline is in the past, while the film's timeline is in the future.

It doesn't end well.

All what you wrote here is absolutely not necessary.I had to watch the movie yesterday to compare them .

1.The storyline of the series is totally different from the movie although we have major similarities between them.

2.The series is more interesting ,captivating and structured than the movie

3.i personally enjoyed the series more than the movie.IMO

Alas,It is different strokes for different folks.......
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:52am On Jul 14, 2020
hellohgy:

All what you wrote here is absolutely not necessary.I had to watch the movie yesterday to compare them .

1.The storyline of the series is totally different from the movie although we have major similarities between them.

2.The series is more interesting ,captivating and structured than the movie

3.i personally enjoyed the series more than the movie.IMO

Alas,It is different strokes for different folks.......

Apparently you didn't understand what I meant by nuanced shift in the narrative perspective. Lemme explain; it means even though their premises are the same (in that, in both film and the show, people are forced to live inside a train that travels around the globe because of a failed experiment that ushered in a deadly ice age), the show's characterization and plot line differs from the film's due to the difference in their respective timelines.

The show tells the story of what transpired prior to the film. Basically, it's a prequel. Thus, the train (being the common denominator) is doomed as is revealed in the film.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by jiboladeveloper: 7:33am On Jul 14, 2020
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:36am On Jul 14, 2020
Vexatious:

If you've watched the film, you'd realize that watching the TV show is a pointless endeavour, an exercise in futility. Unless the storyline deviates from the movie (highly doubtful), the train (and everyone in it) is doomed.
I had the same notion till someone here advised I watch it.
It's really good and far more better and different from the movie. You should give it a go.
Highly anticipating season 2
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:47am On Jul 14, 2020
Nairalandgirl:

I had the same notion till someone here advised I watch it.
It's really good and far more better and different from the movie. You should give it a go.
Highly anticipating season 2

You don't understand. I didn't imply that the movie is better, I merely pointed out that the show won't have a happy ending because the movie (being the future timeline) has foreordained the woeful fate of the train.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Lanry1(m): 7:57am On Jul 14, 2020
Liposure:
greenleaf
Thanks, I will check it out.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:00am On Jul 14, 2020
Finally after one month, i am done with all seasons of cable girls.

I rate the series a very strong 8/10

Let me explain.

It's been one hell of a journey and a very very emotional series.

The things we do for love and at the end all the ladies died because of love and the sacrifices they all made for those they love.

All the six ladies including the sister of Carlos all died protecting those they love.

The season five was one hell of an emotional rollercoaster. I got a teary eyes all through.

The history of Spain is blessed with brave women, no wonder that bravery from women is shown in all their series.
From VisAvis to Elites to Money heist to cable girls and many more.

The Spanish Women are fearless, they take decisions that even men are afraid to take.

It seems i will get married to a Spanish woman.

Because from what I've seen so far, Once a Spanish lady loves you as a man, then she loves you 100% with all her heart and soul and she will do anything for you.

I am sad the series had to end but it ended well.

Cable girls will forever be amongst the history of Spain.

Adios!!!!

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:07am On Jul 14, 2020
Vexatious:

You don't understand. I didn't imply that the movie is better, I merely pointed out that the show won't have a happy ending because the movie (being the future timeline) has foreordained the woeful fate of the train.
Yeah but what I read on YouTube was ..that the series and movies are actually based off of a French novel and the producers might take a different story line.
You should still watch it though.
Episode 1 and 2 were kinda slow sha(building characters and all)
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:51am On Jul 14, 2020
Nairalandgirl:

Yeah but what I read on YouTube was ..that the series and movies are actually based off of a French novel and the producers might take a different story line.
You should still watch it though.
Episode 1 and 2 were kinda slow sha(building characters and all)

I've read the novel, and I've to admit the film is a radical deviation from the source material, it paralleled the novel up to apoint, and then diverged by creating it's own narrative halfway. For instance, the train didn't derail at all in the novel, in fact, the train survived well into the future and was active when the snows started to melt...

However, from what I read online, the show is loosely based on the novel (just like the film), and predates the film by eight years. My summation is that since it's specified to us that the show's timeline is a prequel to the film's, then there's a high probability that the show and the film are from the same universe, and as a result, the show's plot line will eventually overlap the film's.... but I could be wrong as the show might yet do it's own thing.

I'll watch the show tho. My curiosity is piqued.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by solostar1: 10:56am On Jul 14, 2020
You guys should check this Netflix original--- Love, Death and Robot ( ie if am not late to the party). It has one of the nicest animation(s) I have ever seen.
You will not be disappointed.
Is a 100 for me.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ibnlawal(m): 12:10pm On Jul 14, 2020
Boston Legal is the real deal, its at the top of legal series. Suits, HTGAWM can't in anyway contend with it.

The humour, the class, the aura exuded by its cast is seemingly outstanding. God! This series is bomb. Its an elegantly outstanding series.
All in all, an excellent show.
Believe me, you should watch this series.
Thanks to those that recommended the show, muchas gracias!

And again, DENNY CRANE! DENNY CRANE! DENNY CRANE!

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Brukx(m): 12:28pm On Jul 14, 2020
Vexatious:

Due to the fact that the show's timeline predates the movie's, a nuanced shift in the narrative perspective is obvious (different characters and whatnot), but their respective premises are the same. The train is the common denominator of both timelines.

It doesn't end well.
It's not just the Timeline. Not one character from the movie was on the show except Wilford of cause.

It's a different story entirely except for the premise as you say
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Brukx(m): 12:42pm On Jul 14, 2020
Vexatious:

I've read the novel, and I've to admit the film is a radical deviation from the source material, it paralleled the novel up to apoint, and then diverged by creating it's own narrative halfway. For instance, the train didn't derail at all in the novel, in fact, the train survived well into the future and was active when the snows started to melt...

However, from what I read online, the show is loosely based on the novel (just like the film), and predates the film by eight years. My summation is that since it's specified to us that the show's timeline is a prequel to the film's, then there's a high probability that the show and the film are from the same universe, and as a result, the show's plot line will eventually overlap the film's.... but I could be wrong as the show might yet do it's own thing.

I'll watch the show tho. My curiosity is piqued.
This is what we have been trying to explain to you. The show is a deviation from the movie. Are you saying in 8 years all the characters in the show will die and be replaced by the ones in the movie

In the show there's no more tail, there's no more first class. There's even a second train.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jul 14, 2020
Brukx:

This is what we have been trying to explain to you. The show is a deviation from the movie. Are you saying in 8 years all the characters in the show will die and be replaced by the ones in the movie

In the show there's no more tail, there's no more first class. There's even a second train.

Bro, I was just echoing what I read online about the show. According to the showrunner, the show's a prequel to the movie that predates the movie by eight years.

Both the movie and the show are based loosely on a French novel, and as such, the show can yet do it's own thing. I hope it does, because anything else would be anticlimatic.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jul 14, 2020
Brukx:

It's not just the Timeline. Not one character from the movie was on the show except Wilford of cause.

It's a different story entirely except for the premise as you say

Read properly, I acknowledged the shift in characterization.

If Wilford is in the show, it means I am right. The show's plot line will eventually overlap the film's. In the film, I recalled Wilford telling the protagonist that there have been previous unsuccessful revolts. Assuming the unsuccessful revolts occurred in the show's timeline, it goes a long way in explaining the massive shift in characterizations.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Samuell2019(m): 2:55pm On Jul 14, 2020
'A man does what he wills but cannot will what he wills'

Thanks Dark for 3 amazing years

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 4:17pm On Jul 14, 2020
Someone here made a list of useless shows and The Blacklist was at number one. Are you sure you watched the same Blacklist featuring Raymond Redington

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by dubylhover(m): 4:24pm On Jul 14, 2020
Samuell2019:
'A man does what he wills but cannot will what he wills'

Thanks Dark for 3 amazing years

What we know is a drop,what we don't know is an ocean cool

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by hellohgy(m): 4:38pm On Jul 14, 2020
Vexatious:

I understand your point.
But I dont think it wont have an happy ending

In the movie the train crashed with the occupants wearing fur coat to step outside the train.

Whereas the weather condition outside the train in the series is more harsher and cant support life.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by jiggaz(m): 5:02pm On Jul 14, 2020
Queen Of The South Dope series!! To think i have been postponing to download it all these years cos of too many series I am watching at the same time. Currently on Season 1 Episode 3... I am hooked already!!

Teresa Mendoza!! What a woman...

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 5:03pm On Jul 14, 2020
Chibudollar:
Someone here made a list of useless shows and The Blacklist was at number one. Are you sure you watched the same Blacklist featuring Raymond Redington
Nah! The Blacklist started deteriorating in quality after the second season. James Spader (Raymond Reddington) is the one carrying that show on his back since season 3.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nkiliuzo(m): 5:54pm On Jul 14, 2020
jiggaz:
Queen Of The South Dope series!! To think i have been postponing to download it all these years cos of too many series I am watching at the same time. Currently on Season 1 Episode 3... I am hooked already!!

Teresa Mendoza!! What a woman...
it gets even more interesting, season 2 is by far my favourite
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by iamconcept(m): 6:13pm On Jul 14, 2020
Lanry1:

I finished watching The Last Ship season 1-5 yesterday. Somebody should recommend another series for me to watch.
how to get away with murder
power
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by iamconcept(m): 6:16pm On Jul 14, 2020
nani667:
New Release ➕
this data you have sha
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by horlah005: 8:02pm On Jul 14, 2020
When is "snow piercer" season 2 coming to the screen?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by yusfatedeeprof(m): 8:06pm On Jul 14, 2020
SNOWPIERCER! solid 9/10

kiss kiss

(1) (2) (3) ... (1692) (1693) (1694) (1695) (1696) (1697) (1698) ... (2818) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: Ibunkun1(m), khanivorous(f), Bold11, Faboosuarez(m), Paulkon12(m) and 2 guest(s)