Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,928 members, 7,810,580 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:27 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2066) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3506079 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2063) (2064) (2065) (2066) (2067) (2068) (2069) ... (2815) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by zeeace(m): 11:08pm On Dec 04, 2021
In as much as I hate old series I'm willing to give this one a shot. Please guys is the Sopranos binge worthy?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by babasadiq79(m): 12:06am On Dec 05, 2021
Mandorland:
Try Arthdal...it's korean
that show is so so good

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nova15: 12:34am On Dec 05, 2021
So nobody is watching Alex Ryder season 2?

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 2:38am On Dec 05, 2021
waploger:

which series is this?
Arcane

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by JackBizzle: 6:35am On Dec 05, 2021
Baddestguyp:
I would have taken this review seriously if you didn't use the word "telenovela"
Using that made me realize you hate it just cos it's Spanish and has nothing to do with the writing or anything

But from my comment, I liked it up to season 2.

And yes, telenova applies to it. It became "soap opera-y" in the final seasons.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by paskal16: 7:29am On Dec 05, 2021
Power book2 ghost episode 3 anticipating
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Iamyemmie: 8:11am On Dec 05, 2021
paskal16:
Power book2 ghost episode 3 anticipating
Same here o
It’s on o2tvseries now
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 8:27am On Dec 05, 2021
Waiting for power book 2 to get to 5 episodes before I start watching
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 8:42am On Dec 05, 2021
Itsrm:

When I started watching TV series, I didn't know much about imdb and rotten tomatoes. What I usually did was to check sites like 02tvseries that show you the number of downloads per episode.

Lets say 100 people downloaded the first episode, the second 70 people and the third 50 people. That tells me most people who watched the show found it interesting to download the next episode. I'll download and watch.

If 100 people downloaded the first episode and only 20 downloaded the second, I avoid it

These days, I'm too lazy and just use imdb and rotten tomatoes. What happens is that I end up missing out on some great shows.
I check ratings...but I don't bank on only ratings...
I've seen average series get very high rating...
Especially Rotten Tomatoes, they seem to dash out 100% ratings anyhow these days
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 8:46am On Dec 05, 2021
Itsrm:

When I started watching TV series, I didn't know much about imdb and rotten tomatoes. What I usually did was to check sites like 02tvseries that show you the number of downloads per episode.

Lets say 100 people downloaded the first episode, the second 70 people and the third 50 people. That tells me most people who watched the show found it interesting to download the next episode. I'll download and watch.

If 100 people downloaded the first episode and only 20 downloaded the second, I avoid it

These days, I'm too lazy and just use imdb and rotten tomatoes. What happens is that I end up missing out on some great shows.
lol, this made sense back then
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by pepemendy(m): 9:37am On Dec 05, 2021
zeeace:
In as much as I hate old series I'm willing to give this one a shot. Please guys is the Sopranos binge worthy?
the sopranos is simply the best.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 10:47am On Dec 05, 2021
Chibudollar:
most of what you mentioned here are anime I think, haven't watched anime before. Will start soon

If you wan start.... Start with

Attack on Titan
Jujutsu Kaisen
Dorohedoro
Vinland Saga

And come back to spread the gospel.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 10:48am On Dec 05, 2021
Baddestguyp:
best animated series I've seen this year in no particular order:

Attack on Titan season 4
Jojo's Bizarre Adventures Stone Ocean
Invincible
Idaten Deities Know Only Peace
DOTA: Dragon's Blood
Jujutsu Kaisen

There's probably one or two I can't remember

Is JoJo that good? undecided

Cc Kaycee7
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 10:50am On Dec 05, 2021
abduleez1:

Attack on Titan
Jujutsu Kaisen
Dorohedoro
Vinland Saga

make I bookmark all, I have heard about this attack on Titan a lot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 10:51am On Dec 05, 2021
HBO get money sha..... After them don shoot pilot...

They better deliver a masterpiece!! With HOTD.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ChibudoIIar: 10:51am On Dec 05, 2021
abduleez1:

Attack on Titan
Jujutsu Kaisen
Dorohedoro
Vinland Saga

Bleep off.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ChibudoIIar: 10:52am On Dec 05, 2021
Baddestguyp:
4 are anime...
Invincible and DOTA aren't anime
bastard
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 10:54am On Dec 05, 2021
abduleez1:

Is JoJo that good? undecided

Cc Kaycee7
If you love the crazy, over-the-top and ridiculous side of anime, no show does it better than JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 10:55am On Dec 05, 2021
abduleez1:

why cancel a show already in progress
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 11:03am On Dec 05, 2021
Kaycee7:
If you love the crazy, over-the-top and ridiculous side of anime, no show does it better than JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.
Hmm.... I'm more a Jujutsu Kaisen or AOT kinda guy. Buh I can go with crazy .. grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 11:06am On Dec 05, 2021
Chibudollar:
why cancel a show already in progress

Cos they got no confidence for the show.

And cos they got a better adaptation coming. Also wanna avoid mistakes like GOTs last seasons.
They've got to come out with a stronger content that will draw fans interest back, build back the faith and then expand to new audiences.

More prequels are coming so they wouldn't want a show tainting the rest.
GOTs last season was highly controversial but that hasn't stopped it from being a masterpiece show generally and being continuously ranked amongst the BEST EVER.

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 11:10am On Dec 05, 2021
abduleez1:

Cos they got no confidence for the show.

And cos they got a better adaptation coming. Also wanna avoid mistakes like GOTs last seasons.
They've got to come out with a stronger content that will draw fans interest back, build back the faith and then expand to new audiences.

More prequels are coming so they wouldn't want a show tainting the rest.
GOTs last season was highly controversial but that hasn't stopped it from being a masterpiece show generally and being continuously ranked amongst the BEST EVER.
well this makes sense
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Strugglingman: 12:29pm On Dec 05, 2021
Chibudollar:
Waiting for power book 2 to get to 5 episodes before I start watching
keep waiting

I will spoil it for u ,dnt worry grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 12:32pm On Dec 05, 2021

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 12:33pm On Dec 05, 2021
Strugglingman:
keep waiting

I will spoil it for u ,dnt worry grin
lol, I have the episodes on my phone already but haven't watched and I also have a way of avoiding spoilers, immediately I see anything related to the show I scroll through fast.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Iamyemmie: 12:45pm On Dec 05, 2021

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kennedy97: 1:00pm On Dec 05, 2021
Those who have seen the lastest episode of "the wheel of time" did the warders actually transfer their grief to Ian by hitting their chest?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 1:10pm On Dec 05, 2021
Schitts Creek is fuking funny grin damnnnnnn. Season 1 so far and I am loving it

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Strugglingman: 1:15pm On Dec 05, 2021
Chibudollar:
lol, I have the episodes on my phone already but haven't watched and I also have a way of avoiding spoilers, immediately I see anything related to the show I scroll through fast.
dnt mind me i was jst kidding...i tried this ur approach but after downloading two episode i couldnt resist the urge of watching dem..lol
So far its been nice...im patiently waiting for episode 4 nextweek

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 1:48pm On Dec 05, 2021
Money heist season 5 part two is 10/10 for me.

Very brilliant and happy ending, it makes sense to end a Series like this unlike Series like the game of thrones that ended terribly.

Now we all end the series in a happy note.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 1:59pm On Dec 05, 2021
abduleez1:

I think a sequel would have been better and would have made more sense and a sequel would have drew more audience to the show and they should have continued with the same characters but like 5 to 10 years later.
It would made more sense because people would love to know where the dragon took the mother of dragons to.

I just feel a continuation of the Series with the same cast plus new fresh cast would really have made more sense or even if they won't use the same cast, they could take up the time frame to be like 50 or 200 years later after the death of all the casts then the children of the dead casts can then start a new Story.

They should have learnt from Series like the peaky blinders that took like a three to four years time frame before either continue the game of thrones with another seasons or call it a new name With the children of the main cast.

I feel they didn't even tell the whole story.

A prequel don't make Sense.

What happened to the dragons?
Where did the mother of dragons go to?
What happened to John snow and the rest?

A sequel to narrate the whole story would have made more sense and bring in more audience.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 2:18pm On Dec 05, 2021
Itsrm:

It's True, you are absolutely right.
I feel if we watch series based on rating from IMDb and rotten tomato then we end up missing out on some really entertaining shows.

Some shows that are not blockbuster or filled with top notch CGI are even more entertaining than block buster shows, all you gat to do is to Just give it attention and you are already hooked.

This new college series called sex life of college girls, on paper it's a shiit show but after given it your time, you discover that you are already hooked.

There are so many shows like that, funny enough, as strange as it seems, if you sit down on your couch and watch Telemundo channel on DStv, at first you are like what big guys don't watch Telemundo, only women does but after given it your time and watching for like 30 minutes a show from the station, you will be like wow!!! This is interesting and before you know it, you have started following the show on Telemundo.

There are great Telemundo shows that i am Sure lots of us watched in the past.

Telemundo shows like Timeless, the promise, second chance, don't mess with an angel, passion de gavilaines.

What am i even saying, if you remember days of early cable tv when we watched Etv channel from the space cable back in the days, most of us were fans of this south Africa shows like scandal, Rhythm city.
I remember i never missed an episode of scandal, that was like 15 to 16 years ago.

I think people using IMDb and rotten tomato to judge shows have really missed out on so many entertaining shows.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2063) (2064) (2065) (2066) (2067) (2068) (2069) ... (2815) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: BjaySexy(m), Ellexy, melicent and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.