Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,981 members, 7,810,737 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:05 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2067) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3506285 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2064) (2065) (2066) (2067) (2068) (2069) (2070) ... (2815) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 2:31pm On Dec 05, 2021
Chibudollar:
And like he said it is never been used to trade anything, don't know how true that statement is but it kinda makes sense.
I think it's True.
The powers that be will always use words and estimated figures to control the population.
But in reality, it's all an illusion.
Imagine Just because there is a news of gold been stolen from the central bank, It means the country will go bankrupt.

Now a fake gold was brought in for the whole world to see, nobody tested it to confirm but because the world saw the fake gold, it means the country will no longer go bankrupt but in reality the gold is just there, they won't use it to trade, it will Just sit there for years and years and years.

I think the part two of money heist is trying to tell us how the world works, most of the things we read in school, we saw in the news are all illusions. They are not real but the people needs to be controlled so they make us believe the illusion.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 2:42pm On Dec 05, 2021
OhBritannia:
It's True, you are absolutely right.
I feel if we watch series based on rating from IMDb and rotten tomato then we end up missing out on some really entertaining shows.

Some shows that are not blockbuster or filled with top notch CGI are even more entertaining than block buster shows, all you gat to do is to Just give it attention and you are already hooked.

This new college series called sex life of college girls, on paper it's a shiit show but after given it your time, you discover that you are already hooked.

There are so many shows like that, funny enough, as strange as it seems, if you sit down on your couch and watch Telemundo channel on DStv, at first you are like what big guys don't watch Telemundo, only women does but after given it your time and watching for like 30 minutes a show from the station, you will be like wow!!! This is interesting and before you know it, you have started following the show on Telemundo.

There are great Telemundo shows that i am Sure lots of us watched in the past.

Telemundo shows like Timeless, the promise, second chance, don't mess with an angel, passion de gavilaines.

What am i even saying, if you remember days of early cable tv when we watched Etv channel from the space cable back in the days, most of us were fans of this south Africa shows like scandal, Rhythm city.
I remember i never missed an episode of scandal, that was like 15 to 16 years ago.

I think people using IMDb and rotten tomato to judge shows have really missed out on so many entertaining shows.
I agree with what you said here except the telemundo part. Please noooooo grin

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by PROVERBZ(m): 3:37pm On Dec 05, 2021
zeeace:
In as much as I hate old series I'm willing to give this one a shot. Please guys is the Sopranos binge worthy?
watcxhing it now. It's slow but it's great.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Iamyemmie: 5:32pm On Dec 05, 2021
Just done with power book 2 episode 3
Omo Zeke is in deep shit o
And what is wrong with that detective,I think he has some personal beef with carrie
And I hope tariq’s partner doesn’t betray him sha

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 7:47pm On Dec 05, 2021
Kennedy97:
Those who have seen the lastest episode of "the wheel of time" did the warders actually transfer their grief to Ian by hitting their chest?

Na, it's not literally.

It's just a flowery term. It's their way of grieving.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 7:47pm On Dec 05, 2021
Thatthickgurl ..... Your boss don free you today...
grin cheesy
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 8:03pm On Dec 05, 2021
OhBritannia:
I think a sequel would have been better and would have made more sense and a sequel would have drew more audience to the show and they should have continued with the same characters but like 5 to 10 years later.
It would made more sense because people would love to know where the dragon took the mother of dragons to.

I just feel a continuation of the Series with the same cast plus new fresh cast would really have made more sense or even if they won't use the same cast, they could take up the time frame to be like 50 or 200 years later after the death of all the casts then the children of the dead casts can then start a new Story.

They should have learnt from Series like the peaky blinders that took like a three to four years time frame before either continue the game of thrones with another seasons or call it a new name With the children of the main cast.

I feel they didn't even tell the whole story.

A prequel don't make Sense.

What happened to the dragons?
Where did the mother of dragons go to?
What happened to John snow and the rest?

A sequel to narrate the whole story would have made more sense and bring in more audience.
Nope. A sequel wouldn't be better and wouldn't change much. Most of the main characters story was finished already or in its last lap.

*Daenarys is dead already. Drogon is the last of the dragons in the show. Prolly got a few hundred years in him.
*Jon Snow was banished to the Night's Watch till his demise.
*The Targaryens are dead (minus Jon), Lannisters are fallen —only Tyrion as successor and perhaps his bastard sons. The Starks power almost decimated.
*No Night King (defeated).

Tbh, that sequel would be drab and premiumly boring. Characters that kept the show going and great all have their arc ended. It woulda even caused more protests and annoyance from fans.

A prequel makes far more sense. There are dozens of stories to tell in the Game of Thrones universe. There's no need limiting oneself with a controversial ending.

NB: Also most importantly: There's no source material to draw from anymore since the show already leapfrogged the book it was adapted from. That's the main reason for the complaints. I'm sure if the books had ended same way as the show, fans wouldn't have much to complain about. But realistically that ending was okay for me. Why it looks bad is cos of the quality that has been associated with GOT.

The upcoming House of The Dragon has an already concluded story. Everyone who's read the book knows what to expect and how it ends. Same can't be said for ASOIAF. Main reason why The Long Night was cancelled even after shooting a pilot episode. It has little to no source material. The very mistake of GOT they're trying to avoid.

So yea, the upcoming Prequels makes more sense.

The one I'm most hyped about is Princess Nymeria/ 10,000 ships. Also this HOTD is fire. Fans are defo gonna love it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 8:05pm On Dec 05, 2021
Na 10,000 ships I ask for not Dunkunu and Eggroll. undecided

Abeg make na greenlight 10,000 ships and maybe give us a show about Old Valyria. embarassed

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 8:07pm On Dec 05, 2021
ChibudoIIar:
bastard
huh??
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DieRich5: 8:53pm On Dec 05, 2021
Baddestguyp:
I would have taken this review seriously if you didn't use the word "telenovela"
Using that made me realize you hate it just cos it's Spanish and has nothing to do with the writing or anything
lolz
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by tamdun: 8:57pm On Dec 05, 2021
zeeace:
In as much as I hate old series I'm willing to give this one a shot. Please guys is the Sopranos binge worthy?
Go and watch the Wire
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Iamyemmie: 8:58pm On Dec 05, 2021
Anyone watching the oval here?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DieRich5: 9:00pm On Dec 05, 2021
Kaycee7:
If you love the crazy, over-the-top and ridiculous side of anime, no show does it better than JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.
brother can u help me which come first?

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:07pm On Dec 05, 2021
DieRich5:
brother can u help me which come first?
ignore the 1993 and 2000 ones...

This is the first one ..2012
The 26 episodes contain both part 1 and part 2...
So after this...go to part 3 season 1 and season 2

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DieRich5: 9:16pm On Dec 05, 2021
OhBritannia:
I think a sequel would have been better and would have made more sense and a sequel would have drew more audience to the show and they should have continued with the same characters but like 5 to 10 years later.
It would made more sense because people would love to know where the dragon took the mother of dragons to.

I just feel a continuation of the Series with the same cast plus new fresh cast would really have made more sense or even if they won't use the same cast, they could take up the time frame to be like 50 or 200 years later after the death of all the casts then the children of the dead casts can then start a new Story.

They should have learnt from Series like the peaky blinders that took like a three to four years time frame before either continue the game of thrones with another seasons or call it a new name With the children of the main cast.

I feel they didn't even tell the whole story.

A prequel don't make Sense.

What happened to the dragons?
Where did the mother of dragons go to?
What happened to John snow and the rest?

A sequel to narrate the whole story would have made more sense and bring in more audience.
the children of the GOT cast will shit the show just like..........

vampire diaries to original to Legacies Dem Legacies fvck it up

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DieRich5: 9:27pm On Dec 05, 2021
OhBritannia:
I think it's True.
The powers that be will always use words and estimated figures to control the population.
But in reality, it's all an illusion.
Imagine Just because there is a news of gold been stolen from the central bank, It means the country will go bankrupt.

Now a fake gold was brought in for the whole world to see, nobody tested it to confirm but because the world saw the fake gold, it means the country will no longer go bankrupt but in reality the gold is just there, they won't use it to trade, it will Just sit there for years and years and years.

I think the part two of money heist is trying to tell us how the world works, most of the things we read in school, we saw in the news are all illusions. They are not real but the people needs to be controlled so they make us believe the illusion.
I don't know how the country will go bankrupt but I knew about the stock market own................bad news affect the market everything will dump ND people will be pulling out dere investment, I think dat will mk the country go bankrupt ND good news will bring it back to life so dats wat Dem did to the bank people Dem can't do shit or say shit to the wrld
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DieRich5: 9:34pm On Dec 05, 2021
Baddestguyp:
ignore the 1993 and 2000 ones...

This is the first one ..2012
The 26 episodes contain both part 1 and part 2...
So after this...go to part 3 season 1 and season 2
2012 is the first grin thanks

Pls I'm seeing two p3 dere, can u pls drop the year
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Classickj(m): 9:47pm On Dec 05, 2021
Nova15:
So nobody is watching Alex Ryder season 2?
Is S2 out

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:48pm On Dec 05, 2021
DieRich5:
2012 is the first grin thanks

Pls I'm seeing two p3 dere, can u pls drop the year
part 3 has 2 seasons...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DieRich5: 9:57pm On Dec 05, 2021
Baddestguyp:
part 3 has 2 seasons...
nawao......... I'll check the 2012 first if I like it I'll come ND find u cheesy
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by zeeace(m): 9:57pm On Dec 05, 2021
tamdun:

Go and watch the Wire
I'm thinking about going for legend of the seeker tho. The wire kind of looks boring.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 11:34pm On Dec 05, 2021
When will Netflix release the remaining episodes??

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kennedy97: 11:41pm On Dec 05, 2021
abduleez1:

Na, it's not literally.

It's just a flowery term. It's their way of grieving.

The way he was yelling gave me other impressions
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ChibudoIIar: 6:02am On Dec 06, 2021
Baddestguyp:
huh??
bastard
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 6:42am On Dec 06, 2021
One clown is on this thread, cloned my username and goes about insulting people, just ignore the kid. He's a jobless troll grin . Heard he's suffering from mental illness or something. What a pity
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by zanieike: 9:18am On Dec 06, 2021
I'm currently watching The Wheel of Time. I love it!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 11:50am On Dec 06, 2021
Guys!!! I thought about something concerning this last part of money heist and it kind of looks funny.

If Tokyo died then why was she narrating the whole story in the second part?

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 11:52am On Dec 06, 2021
OhBritannia:
Guys!!! I thought about something concerning this last part of money heist and it kind of looks funny.

If Tokyo died then why was she narrating the whole story in the second part?
lol, it doesn't really matter. I have watched movies of actors narrating how they died from the start of the movie. Not a big deal

5 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 12:20pm On Dec 06, 2021
Chibudollar:
lol, it doesn't really matter. I have watched movies of actors narrating how they died from the start of the movie. Not a big deal
True maybe i haven't been paying attention to other series i have been watching.
Hearing the voice of Tokyo seems weird to me.

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 12:21pm On Dec 06, 2021
If Alaqua Cox does half her own stunts, then that's some amazing shit

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 12:24pm On Dec 06, 2021
By the way Elite season 5 hasn't even premiered and they already renewed the series for season 6.

Damm!!!! Spanish and Korea series are gradually taking over little by little.
The only thing needed to break the ice is for a new Korea or Spanish Series to start shooting through Netflix with a budget of like 500 million dollars then we can now finally say Korea or Spanish has taken over.

Imagine reading that a new Korea or Spanish show with a budget of 500 million dollars is been made by Netflix.

Mad oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 12:52pm On Dec 06, 2021
OhBritannia:
By the way Elite season 5 hasn't even premiered and they already renewed the series for season 6.

Damm!!!! Spanish and Korea series are gradually taking over little by little.
The only thing needed to break the ice is for a new Korea or Spanish Series to start shooting through Netflix with a budget of like 500 million dollars then we can now finally say Korea or Spanish has taken over.

Imagine reading that a new Korea or Spanish show with a budget of 500 million dollars is been made by Netflix.

Mad oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
people still watch Elite?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2064) (2065) (2066) (2067) (2068) (2069) (2070) ... (2815) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: phr0nesis(m), TobiArchy(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.