Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,360 members, 7,815,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2587) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3515049 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2584) (2585) (2586) (2587) (2588) (2589) (2590) ... (2818) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 11:51am On Apr 22, 2023
These fôols called AOT "Nazi propaganda"
They said the show promotes fascism...
Just cos of the armbands and other allegories...

Apparently showing war or racism in an attempt to spread an anti-war message means you are promoting it 🤡🤡🤡

They've been getting roasted for days...
And now they're complaining of the amount of hate messages they're receiving all over their YouTube and discord channels grin

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 12:05pm On Apr 22, 2023
Aang v Korra argument has been trending on Twitter for 3 days now
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by CrystalTiger(m): 1:55pm On Apr 22, 2023
The diplomat, 7.5/10..

Series set in London hardly disappoints though..Though this one has Americans but its London setting was pretty enjoyable..

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 2:16pm On Apr 22, 2023
CrystalTiger:
The diplomat, 7.5/10..

Series set in London hardly disappoints though..Though this one has Americans but its London setting was pretty enjoyable..
there seems to be two different shows of the same title released this year

Which one are y'all watching?

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by CrystalTiger(m): 2:45pm On Apr 22, 2023
Baddestguyp:
there seems to be two different shows of the same title released this year

Which one are y'all watching?

The second one with the 8.0 rating..

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 5:01pm On Apr 22, 2023
Wish I could have an extra free hour on weekends cos I'd really like to watch Mrs Davis. Looks and reads like something I'd enjoy the shit out of.

Synopsis:
After being ousted from her convent, Sister Simone vows to destroy the one responsible: a powerful artificial intelligence known as Mrs. Davis. To exact her revenge, Simone makes a deal with the algorithm and is thrust into a dangerous world of secret societies, religious conspiracies and age-old legends as she searches for the whereabouts of the most clichéd and overused MacGuffin -- the Holy Grail. To complete the ridiculous and farfetched task, Simone teams up with her rebellious ex-boyfriend, Wiley, who is now the leader of an underground resistance movement dedicated to stopping Mrs. Davis. Together they face a variety of mysterious and powerful forces as they search for the Grail, the one thing capable of destroying the algorithm once and for all. As they grow closer to completing their quest, Simone must confront her past, prove the strength of her faith and uncover long-hidden secrets as she fights to liberate a society that may not want to be freed

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 1:24am On Apr 23, 2023
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 2:02am On Apr 23, 2023
With this kind of upcoming projects from HBO I'm more than fvvking hyped, especially for Park Chan Wook's "The Sympathizer" with Robert Downey Jr. 😱🔥 These are what we call PEAK FICTION!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuKM2sTTmHg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr7hBPhXrus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6bS2wMjI7o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS5bk7XiNVU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAPifwlWBP0

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by armadeo(m): 9:08am On Apr 23, 2023
WriterNig:
Ant-Man & The Wasp: Quantumania (2023) = 3/10

🚮 Trash. Don't bother watching ❌

I've been on this movie since last week and I still haven't finished it. I finished fury of the gods in one sitting but this ......
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by paskal16: 9:13am On Apr 23, 2023
armadeo:

I've been on this movie since last week and I still haven't finished it. I finished fury of the gods in one sitting but this ......
fury of the gods was way more cringe than quantumania undecided

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by armadeo(m): 9:14am On Apr 23, 2023
Baddestguyp:

Vomits...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by armadeo(m): 9:17am On Apr 23, 2023
paskal16:
fury of the gods was way more cringe than quantumania undecided

I was entertained.

Ant man isn't entertaining me. IMO.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WrriterNig: 10:59am On Apr 23, 2023
😚

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by 3RNEST(m): 11:43am On Apr 23, 2023
Black Lighting cool

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 1:35pm On Apr 23, 2023
3RNEST:
Black Lighting cool
saw the trailer years ago...
Looks like premium CW trash

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 1:38pm On Apr 23, 2023
Started The Diplomat today...

I'm not really into fully political shows except a few "very eventful" ones which I liked

I'm at episode 3 and so far it's okay
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 2:18pm On Apr 23, 2023
Something I noticed with the Game of Thrones ending was it's problem was not the idea but the execution.

Daenerys running mad with revenge and wiping out the civilians with her dragons could have been handled way better. There were always hints that she could spark and it's not the first time she's doing similar things.

The problem however was the way it was executed. Because soliders killed her dragon and her friend/surbordinate, she chose to wipe out the city.
She was supposed to understand that these people do not know her...they're not just going to accept a foreign invader from nowhere just cos she has bloodline linkage and she came with dragons

The writers didn't do enough to make her act that way, there were subtle hints but too subtle. They should have really focused on how her emotions led her astray...and how the civilians in the city took a part in it...
Not as justification but to make her actions make more sense

And the terrible handling of the Whitewalkers... they handled the whitewalkers like mere pests to be weeded out in 1 episode...after wasting 8 seasons building them up

Another possible conclusion is this...:

They could have fought for the throne first while the whitewalkers invade and take over the North. Then the whitewalkers spread out and come for other lands including kingslanding while they're in the midst of a seige on it

That way, the humans realize their quest and greed for power instead of uniting has led to their doom...
Cersei especially realizes it...

Then the Whitewalkers take out almost all of humanity before through self-sacrifice, they manage to kill the Night King...

That way they save what is left of humanity but with almost every character in the show dying

But of course they would never do this, because they wanted to milk on sequels..like we're seeing them do already...

Edit: apparently the sequels are mere rumours but it doesn't change anything...
The universe is confirmed to be expanding...and it won't be long until we get "confirmed sequels"

They didn't want to kill most of the characters cos they need characters for sequels to milk the franchise

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Broskyjames: 3:53pm On Apr 23, 2023
Baddestguyp:
Something I noticed with the Game of Thrones ending was it's problem was not the idea but the execution.

Daenerys running mad with revenge and wiping out the civilians with her dragons could have been handled way better. There were always hints that she could spark and it's not the first time she's doing similar things.

The problem however was the way it was executed. Because soliders killed her dragon and her friend/surbordinate, she chose to wipe out the city.
She was supposed to understand that these people do not know her...they're not just going to accept a foreign invader from nowhere just cos she has bloodline linkage and she came with dragons

The writers didn't do enough to make her act that way, there were subtle hints but too subtle. They should have really focused on how her emotions led her astray...and how the civilians in the city took a part in it...
Not as justification but to make her actions make more sense

And the terrible handling of the Whitewalkers... they handled the whitewalkers like mere pests to be weeded out in 1 episode...after wasting 8 seasons building them up

Another possible conclusion is this...:

They could have fought for the throne first while the whitewalkers invade and take over the North. Then the whitewalkers spread out and come for other lands including kingslanding while they're in the midst of a seige on it

That way, the humans realize their quest and greed for power instead of uniting has led to their doom...
Cersei especially realizes it...

Then the Whitewalkers take out almost all of humanity before through self-sacrifice, they manage to kill the Night King...

That way they save what is left of humanity but with almost every character in the show dying

But of course they would never do this, because they wanted to milk on sequels..like we're seeing them do already...

They didn't want to kill most of the characters cos they need characters for sequels to milk the franchise
At bolded.. are you fking for real? The only material out of the GOT lore since it ended , has been HOD which is infact a prequel with no mention of Characters from GOT and could easily standalone without the GOT series itself, so your theory is way way off.

The only series that has even been planned as an off shoot of GOT, is a series about Jon Snow which hasn't been green lit yet!.

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 4:10pm On Apr 23, 2023
Broskyjames:
At bolded.. are you fking for real? The only material out of the GOT lore since it ended , has been HOD which is infact a prequel with no mention of Characters from GOT and could easily standalone without the GOT series itself, so your theory is way way off.

The only series that has even been planned as an off shoot of GOT, is a series about Jon Snow which hasn't been green lit yet!.
I know HOTD is a prequel...
But I believe several sequels have been announced including the John Snow one...
And I'm sure several more will be announced

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 4:25pm On Apr 23, 2023
Broskyjames:

You dey mind baddestguy... Dude's known to spout rubbish consistently on this section so it's no surprise.
He just talks on random things he barely understands and states it as if it's facts.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 4:27pm On Apr 23, 2023
Baddestguyp:
But I believe several sequels have been announced including the John Snow one...

Can you mention the "several sequels" that have been announced alongside John Snow series??
I'm waiting.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by 3RNEST(m): 4:41pm On Apr 23, 2023
Baddestguyp:
saw the trailer years ago...
Looks like premium CW trash
So dope...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Broskyjames: 5:19pm On Apr 23, 2023
Baddestguyp:
several sequels announced where?? Straight up capping my man. Even HBO hasn't even fully officially confirmed the Jon Snow Sequel.

It's all in your head, boy.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 5:58pm On Apr 23, 2023
abduleez1:

Can you mention the "several sequels" that have been announced alongside John Snow series??
I'm waiting.
I don't know their names...
I believe there is a John Snow one...
An animation or so was also said to be in the works I believe
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 5:58pm On Apr 23, 2023
3RNEST:

So dope...
CW trash can't be dope
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 5:59pm On Apr 23, 2023
Broskyjames:
several sequels announced where?? Straight up capping my man. Even HBO hasn't even fully officially confirmed the Jon Snow Sequel.

It's all in your head, boy.
so they announced it but didn't confirm it?
Or were they just rumours or what?

These rumours won't have leaked online if there weren't talks about them...
So my post is still right...

Whether rumours or not...they left things more open for possible sequels
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 6:00pm On Apr 23, 2023
abduleez1:

You dey mind baddestguy... Dude's known to spout rubbish consistently on this section so it's no surprise.
He just talks on random things he barely understands and states it as if it's facts.
maybe I was wrong about the rumours not being officially confirmed, but we all heard of them...

Wasn't it even on this thread people posted screenshots of the several spinoffs rumoured to be in the works?

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 6:04pm On Apr 23, 2023
It's funnier how they ignored all the points I made in my post about the GOT ending... but focused on the one where I mistook rumours for announced shows...

These same rumours are what the same people posted on this thread

I get many haters for here Sha grin

Y'all can keep hating...the fact is that these rumours didn't originate from nowhere

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 6:17pm On Apr 23, 2023
Seun
Pls fix the uploading image iish on Nairaland

Been switching through multiple browsers anytime I want to upload images

I give up
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 6:33pm On Apr 23, 2023
Baddestguyp:
It's funnier how they ignored all the points I made in my post about the GOT ending... but focused on the one where I mistook rumours for announced shows...

These same rumours are what the same people posted on this thread

I get many haters for here Sha grin

Y'all can keep hating...the fact is that these rumours didn't originate from nowhere

Call my name and I'll answer you. Not talking with the side of your mouth especially in things you are not sure of the information you're spreading.

Me coming out to put you in your place isn't me hating on you, it's me simply stopping you from spreading misinformation and not to disinform others. Sorry it's coming from me but someone had to do it.
That's why to argue with some of Una na problem. If multiple people castigate your views, you'll start playing the victim card and say people gang up to bully you. When you're free from this sort of warped thinking, you're on your part to true enlightenment.

Back to the bone of contention: for me based on my understanding of the trash you wrote up there, you were comparing the way GOT ended with HBO's need for a cash grab which is erroneous and ignorant. If HBO wanted to "milk" this franchise then definitely the show wouldn't have ended as it did. They wouldn't rush to end it and we would have at least two more seasons just like GRR Martin wanted. And HBO wouldn't have spent $30mn on a pilot episode for a GOT prequel and cancelled it before it even premiered. It would have aired before HOTD.
So make you dey take time dey drop your useless cappings.

Next time maybe you should calm down and process what you're about to post well before dropping shït if you're so bothered about "Haters" that are coming for you.

I no get better thing to do na the clown of the section na en I go waste my time dey hate. Lol. 😂😂 Dey play....Just dey play.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 6:45pm On Apr 23, 2023
It's only on this thread that someone will make a long post and suggest good points...

The person can talk about the ending of GOT, how it could have been improved and suggest an alternative ending

Then another person comes, ignores the entire post, pick out a side comment to focus on and derail the topic

That is why it's impossible to have a sensible discourse on this thread...
At least on Reddit, you'll get sensible engagement

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2584) (2585) (2586) (2587) (2588) (2589) (2590) ... (2818) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.