Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,474 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2588) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3516742 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2585) (2586) (2587) (2588) (2589) (2590) (2591) ... (2818) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 6:48pm On Apr 23, 2023
Baddestguyp:
maybe I was wrong about the rumours not being officially confirmed, but we all heard of them...

Wasn't it even on this thread people posted screenshots of the several spinoffs rumoured to be in the works?

Yeah, I'm the one who posted "several screenshots" of spin off series in the works. Some are happening and going to release in the next few years.

What you're getting wrong and the reason I'm straightening you up is cos you said SEVERAL SEQUELS. The only sequel related to Game of Thrones in production is John Snow series.

Asides that, ALL OTHER PROJECTS ARE PREQUELS. EVEN THE 2/3 ANIMATED SHOWS. Which means all events occured way before GOT and not in anyway related to the show. The main reason I believe we're seeing a John Snow series is possibly cos HBO seeks to placate the fans for the way GOT ended (which I feel is not needed).

That's the main reason I challenged your claim and I believe the reason the other guy did.
Besides, not all are going to go into production. Some might be dropped. But I believe at least 5 would scale through for the next few years and possibly expand more of WBD decides they want a Star Wars-esque franchise. And it's very possible with the width and depth of Game of Thrones Lore.

John Snow will enter production as well as Dunk and Egg. The rest are in various stages of development.

So next time when you hear spin-off don't be in a haste to assume it's a direct sequel to an existing project. Even the GOT prequels are literature that have already been established and written years ago. Not as if they were manufactured from thin air just to replicate GOT.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 6:51pm On Apr 23, 2023
abduleez1:

Call my name and I'll answer you. Not talking with the side of your mouth especially in things you are not sure of the information you're spreading.

Me coming out to put you in your place isn't me hating on you, it's me simply stopping you from spreading misinformation and not to disinform others. Sorry it's coming from me but someone had to do it.
That's why to argue with some of Una na problem. If multiple people castigate your views, you'll start playing the victim card and say people gang up to bully you. When you're free from this sort of warped thinking, you're on your part to true enlightenment.

Back to the bone of contention: for me based on my understanding of the trash you wrote up there, you were comparing the way GOT ended with HBO's need for a cash grab which is erroneous and ignorant. If HBO wanted to "milk" this franchise then definitely the show wouldn't have ended as it did. They wouldn't rush to end it and we would have at least two more seasons just like GRR Martin wanted. And HBO wouldn't have spent $30mn on a pilot episode for a GOT prequel and cancelled it before it even premiered. It would have aired before HOTD.
So make you dey take time dey drop your useless cappings.

Next time maybe you should calm down and process what you're about to post well before dropping shรฏt if you're so bothered about "Haters" that are coming for you.

I no get better thing to do na the clown of the section na en I go waste my time dey hate. Lol. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ Dey play....Just dey play.
the point is clear.
There were several spinoffs rumoured to be in the talks...these rumours did not originate from thin air...

There have certainly been discussions

In the same post, I mentioned how the ending wasn't developed well, how the execution was poor...so saying they could have extended it doesn't hold water...cos the quality of the writing was already on a decline since they had passed the source material (and yeah I know there had been earlier deviations)

its ironical you say all these when you chose to deviate from the main point of the post about how the ending could have been fixed and even the alternative ending I suggested

If you want to call anything trash, my suggestions trash and tell me why they are trash...rather than focusing on a side comment
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 6:53pm On Apr 23, 2023
abduleez1:

Yeah, I'm the one who posted "several screenshots" of spin off series in the works. Some are happening and going to release in the next few years.

What you're getting wrong and the reason I'm straightening you up is cos you said SEVERAL SEQUELS. The only sequel related to Game of Thrones in production is John Snow series.

Asides that, ALL OTHER PROJECTS ARE PREQUELS. EVEN THE 2/3 ANIMATED SHOWS. Which means all events occured way before GOT and not in anyway related to the show. The main reason I believe we're seeing a John Snow series is possibly cos HBO seeks to placate the fans for the way GOT ended (which I feel is not needed).

That's the main reason I challenged your claim and I believe the reason the other guy did.
Besides, not all are going to go into production. Some might be dropped. But I believe at least 5 would scale through for the next few years and possibly expand more of WBD decides they want a Star Wars-esque franchise. And it's very possible with the width and depth of Game of Thrones Lore.

John Snow will enter production as well as Dunk and Egg. The rest are in various stages of development.

So next time when you hear spin-off don't be in a haste to assume it's a direct sequel to an existing project. Even the GOT prequels are literature that have already been established and written years ago. Not as if they were manufactured from thin air just to replicate GOT.
the Snow sequel validates my point either way....
And knowing Hollywood it won't be the last...

The point is that I suggested an alternative ending where almost all characters died...but I stated Hollywood won't do this, cos they need it open for sequels...like the Snow sequel which is rumoured to be in development
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 6:54pm On Apr 23, 2023
Baddestguyp:
I don't know their names...
I believe there is a John Snow one...
An animation or so was also said to be in the works I believe

All the more reason why you should be very sure of the information you're dropping here so as not to mislead others. Some people basically depend on the stuff we drop here.

A quick Google search will save you the stress and embarrassment of "Haters" preying on your mistake.

No be everytime person dey rush drop wetin him no sure of. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 6:56pm On Apr 23, 2023
There is a reason why there is never any sensible discourse on this thread...rather it is either arguments or bashing

Even if someone brings a topic, people will ignore it and look for how to derail it sad

If I brought this same post on Reddit...the difference is that redditors will focus on the Crux of the post and the endings I suggested

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 6:57pm On Apr 23, 2023
abduleez1:

All the more reason why you should be very sure of the information you're dropping here so as not to mislead others. Some people basically depend on the stuff we drop here.

A quick Google search will save you the stress and embarrassment of "Haters" preying on your mistake.

No be everytime person dey rush drop wetin him no sure of. ๐Ÿ˜Ž
I have admitted my mistake of calling it announced sequels...

But again, that was merely a side comment...and not the Crux of the post

The question is why did the replies focus on the side comment and not a single reply was made on the actual topic
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 7:03pm On Apr 23, 2023
Baddestguyp:
the Snow sequel validates my point either way....
And knowing Hollywood it won't be the last...

The point is that I suggested an alternative ending where almost all characters died...but I stated Hollywood won't do this, cos they need it open for sequels...like the Snow sequel which is rumoured to be in development

Lmao... Why am I so sure that this would be your exact same response. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

So you think say na only you get brilliant ideas. The ideas wey the writers or screenwriters get nko?
So you think say na everybody go like this idea wey you drop so...just like as people are still angry with how GOT ended. ๐Ÿ˜ญ

If you're that good you suppose don draft your script give producer make we see proper adaptation from the Master Chef as per you be.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 7:03pm On Apr 23, 2023

Another media that I believe challenges this same definition is AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR

Thanos snap is without any discrimination based on race or gender...
It doesn't fit the definition of genocide

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 7:05pm On Apr 23, 2023
abduleez1:

Lmao... Why am I so sure that this would be your exact same response. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

So you think say na only you get brilliant ideas. The ideas wey the writers or screenwriters get nko?
So you think say na everybody go like this idea wey you drop so...just like as people are still angry with how GOT ended. ๐Ÿ˜ญ

If you're that good you suppose don draft your script give producer make we see proper adaptation from the Master Chef as per you be.

na why I no be writer...

If you're also that good, why not enter pitch instead of blaming footballers like Maguire or Rafinha

Anybody can critque abeg
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 7:06pm On Apr 23, 2023
Baddestguyp:

If you want to call anything trash, my suggestions trash and tell me why they are trash...rather than focusing on a side comment

Same way you sit down and call things you haven't watched Trash.
Tell us why the programs you've called trash are trash all this while and maybe we can start something reasonable from there.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 7:10pm On Apr 23, 2023
Baddestguyp:
na why I no be writer...

If you're also that good, why not enter pitch instead of blaming footballers like Maguire or Rafinha

Anybody can critque abeg

LMFAO... The irony...

E pain am. grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 7:15pm On Apr 23, 2023
abduleez1:

Same way you sit down and call things you haven't watched Trash.
Tell us why the programs you've called trash are trash all this while and maybe we can start something reasonable from there.
you didn't call my points trash...
You ignored my points and focused on something else

So it doesn't relate
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 7:23pm On Apr 23, 2023
Baddestguyp:
you didn't call my points trash...
You ignored my points and focused on something else

So it doesn't relate

I've trashed the points that I feel needs to be POINTED OUT. I don't have the time or the interest to engage in your hypothetical postulations.

I have premium TV shows to catch up to that promises to bulk up my brain muscles as well as my entertainment juice, not this fallacious rigmarole. So I won't be keeping up with your usual merry-go-rounds.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by deltateam: 9:03pm On Apr 23, 2023
Unseen and King of boys
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Broskyjames: 9:06pm On Apr 23, 2023
Baddestguyp:
There is a reason why there is never any sensible discourse on this thread...rather it is either arguments or bashing

Even if someone brings a topic, people will ignore it and look for how to derail it sad

If I brought this same post on Reddit...the difference is that redditors will focus on the Crux of the post and the endings I suggested
Lmaoo man's talking about sensible "discourse". How many of said sensible "discourse" have you brought on here? 90% of your "Sensible discourse" is on how "AOT" is mirroring a Nazi propaganda or how "AOT" is the modern "poster boy" of "Peak fiction" or any AOT related BS every 3 market days. Is that what you call "Sensible discourse"? How has time to be bickering, going back and forth on one show for days with you where it clear you have a strong bais towards the show and so any hope of a sensible, logical discourse about it with you is totally out of the window.

I didn't focus on your "alternative ending" because you actually made a point, so i was trying to focus on the part you were saying rubbish, nip it at the bud before it spreads.

Reddit ni, Reddit ko......If Reddit is where you and your entire clan of said "intellectuals" have intelligent discourse, why not go be there and stop posting on here, instead of whinging and disturbing us on here?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Alienist: 9:07pm On Apr 23, 2023
Who has seen The Diplomat here? Is it worth the watch?

Is Yellowstone worth watching? Three episodes in and it's nice. Just wanted to know if it's something I should continue watching.

Can someone recommend top series for me? Not Sci-fi, anime, superhero, zombies or anything tech related.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:10pm On Apr 23, 2023
Broskyjames:
Lmaoo man's talking about sensible "discourse". How many of said sensible "discourse" have you brought on here? 90% of your "Sensible discourse" is on how "AOT" is mirroring a Nazi propaganda or how "AOT" is the modern "poster boy" of "Peak fiction" or any AOT related BS every 3 market days. Is that what you call "Sensible discourse"? How has time to be bickering, going back and forth on one show for days with you where it clear you have a strong bais towards the show and so any hope of a sensible, logical discourse about it with you is totally out of the window.

I didn't focus on your "alternative ending" because you actually made a point, so i was trying to focus on the part you were saying rubbish, nip it at the bud before it spreads.

Reddit ni, Reddit ko......If Reddit is where you and your entire clan of said "intellectuals" have intelligent discourse, why not go be there and stop posting on here, instead of whinging and disturbing us on here?
I will post mostly AOT cos it's my favorite show...
And you're acting like I haven't posted topics on other shows...

Even recently I made several posts on Better Call Saul, Legend of Korra, and today GOT...

Why didn't you reply any of those?
Stop blaming it on AOT...
Even if I'm bias towards the show...how does that stop any meaningful discussion on it? Are people not bias towards HOTD and still engage in discussions on it?

The fact is that a lot of people don't just want discussions...they prefer bashing and arguments
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:10pm On Apr 23, 2023
Alienist:
Who has seen The Diplomat here? Is it worth the watch?

Is Yellowstone worth watching? Three episodes in and it's nice. Just wanted to know if it's something I should continue watching.

Can someone recommend top series for me? Not Sci-fi, anime, superhero, zombies or anything tech related.
I'm currently watching The Diplomat...
Okay so far...
I think it's worth a watch

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by yungmayor02(m): 9:18pm On Apr 23, 2023
WrriterNig:
๐Ÿ˜š

Season 2 out?
LFG!!!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by paskal16: 9:22pm On Apr 23, 2023
WrriterNig:
๐Ÿ˜š
enjoyed the first season
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by paskal16: 9:23pm On Apr 23, 2023
3RNEST:
Black Lighting cool
caught my fancy
Till I saw CW
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by 3RNEST(m): 9:26pm On Apr 23, 2023
paskal16:
caught my fancy
Till I saw CW
Wat happened to CW undecided
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 12:00pm On Apr 24, 2023
The Diplomat season 1....7.5/10

So far the series is a good watch. Season 1 ended in a weird cliffhanger
As for the MC, she's going well and far beyond the scope of her job.
I'm yet to see what makes her so important apart from the Vice-President thing.

What I find utterly unrealistic is how they're ready to take action based on very unreliable Intel.
Because Person A says this even without any evidence, they take their word for it and are considering military action based on the unverified info

While sometimes they do get verification, most times they do not, or get it pretty late, after they're already late in preparations

And the relationships between the characters are pretty weird the way they are portrayed

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 1:34pm On Apr 24, 2023
Rabbit Hole Episode 6

Breaking into the vault that easily doesn't make much sense tbh...the security should have been stricter...
And Weir who is the most wanted man is able to walk around freely...
At least the security guys were supposed to do some research on their clients with the kind of information they keep secret
The only thing that makes that segment believable is the $20m deposit...at least that way, they know not just anyone works with them

And they need to calm down on the twists...
They're getting predictable when it's the same: "Hey, X character you think was dead, is actually not dead" every episode...
Or
"X character you discovered was not dead, is actually dead"

It feels overly repititive

What makes good twists is not about how many plot twists you pull but about how well you execute and deliver these plot twists

It was still a fun watch tho...but tbh I don't see this show getting more than 2 seasons...if it even gets a season 2
It doesn't seem to be popular or breaking numbers...and I'm not sure how long they can keep this plot going
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Babaj145(m): 4:35pm On Apr 24, 2023
This is one very solid series nobody seems to be talking about much..Definitely Recommended๐Ÿ’ฏ

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 5:05pm On Apr 24, 2023
๐ŸŽฅ The Watcher S01 (2022) = 6/10 โœ”๏ธ

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 5:06pm On Apr 24, 2023
๐ŸŽฅ Mosul (2019) = 8/10 โœ”๏ธ

Those were bloody years in Iraq & Syria. But thanks to ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡บ Russiaโ€™s โ˜  Wagner PMC Group, Daesh/ISIS were wiped off the surface of the earth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 7:23pm On Apr 24, 2023
Babaj145:
This is one very solid series nobody seems to be talking about much..Definitely Recommended๐Ÿ’ฏ

Got it on my watchlist for some time now... Na time dey hold man in chains. ๐Ÿ˜ข

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 8:04pm On Apr 24, 2023
Vinland Saga season 2 episode 16

What a fantastic episode. Thorfinn and Einar's plan to help Arnheid and Gandar escape. I love how we can understand where every character is coming from.

Snake sees it as his duty to avenge his men who Gandar killed. Thorfinn and Einar understand this but they want Arnheid to be happy and are willing to risk their lives to help her.

Unlike them, Arnheid has no deal to gain her freedom and will be stuck forever being the mistress of Ketil. But she deserves happiness and even if Gandar is not really the man she once knew, she wanted to live happily with him

As expected, Snake sensed something was off...

Now Thorfinn was faced with options with not enough time to think:
Does he keep to his oath of pacifism or does he use his fists and strength to protect and save lives just as his father did?

I'm glad for the visual imagery of Askeladd being the one asking him the question

I'm also curious to learn more about Snake's past. The sword he uses is quite different. I don't think he grew up in a viking background

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 8:06pm On Apr 24, 2023
Arnheid's voice actor killed it this episode!!!

The tears while speaking...it was so realistic...
Epic voice acting right there...
One of the best this season

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 8:08pm On Apr 24, 2023
Some incredible Vinland Saga fanarts

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by a4turitoroman: 8:16pm On Apr 24, 2023
Seun, fix ur site to post pictures don turn another thing

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2585) (2586) (2587) (2588) (2589) (2590) (2591) ... (2818) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: Ibukzy and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.