Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2592) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3513869 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2589) (2590) (2591) (2592) (2593) (2594) (2595) ... (2817) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 2:07pm On Apr 30, 2023
#copied

The Structure of Citadel

From the beginning, Citadel was conceived to be a series with innovative and global storytelling. There is set to be five core shows, each revolving around a different country and telling the story of different cultures. The mothership Citadel series is expected to take place in America, while the other four take place in India, Italy, Spain, and Mexico.

What could make the overall narrative difficult for viewers to consume is that everything about the shows will be adjusted for their native audience. The Indian show will be geared towards Indians, meaning that the characters in the show will be speaking in Hindi. The Italian show, meanwhile, will be purely in Italian. Spain and Mexico will, unsurprisingly, be aimed at Spanish-speaking viewers.

The series is meant to be an experiment for Amazon, who are interested in seeing whether audiences will follow the shows to new countries and languages just to keep up the story. With characters traveling between spinoffs, their full stories will be inaccessible without paying attention to the narratives of other series. As an experimental TV first series, Citadel could very well change the way that television is produced going forward.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 2:08pm On Apr 30, 2023
Baddestguyp:
you didn't focus on the titties ..
The image you posted didn't show it too...

Unlike the other review where the first thing I saw were titties...and I could not even concentrate on reading your review

First thing you saw na titties... Dey play. grin grin
No be me you dey deceive.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WHITELIGHTER: 2:08pm On Apr 30, 2023
Crumbian:

Not sure... But I think it has something to do with Prime's assumed desperation for global audience. You know, with the show's "universe" thing and upcoming spin-offs.

Alright, thanks
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 2:10pm On Apr 30, 2023
Crumbian:

Na wa oo.

Dorohedoro is having the same issues abi?

Lol, you still dey hold out hope for Dorohedoro. Better perish it. grin

I don wait for two years I don tire.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 2:11pm On Apr 30, 2023
Baddestguyp:
#copied

One thing i always loved and i think most people don't pay a lot of attention to is how isayama named the characters in Aot. One of my favourite is Floch FΓΆrster,
"FΓΆrster" in german translates to "a person who works in a forest", very fitting name for someone like him who's so deep into the forest and refuses to leave.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Liberio is another word that comes from the word "Libero" which quite literally means "Free". Quite an ironic name for the internment zone.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 2:22pm On Apr 30, 2023
[quote author=abduleez1 post=122841404][/quote] I haven't started yet grin

I will keep riding for 13 years at least
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 2:23pm On Apr 30, 2023
abduleez1:

First thing you saw na titties... Dey play. grin grin
No be me you dey deceive.
na wetin I first see...
And once it distracts me...I can't focus on anything else
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 2:27pm On Apr 30, 2023
Baddestguyp:
I haven't started yet grin

I will keep riding for 13 years at least

Happy munching.... πŸ‘

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Crumbian: 2:31pm On Apr 30, 2023
abduleez1:

Lol, you still dey hold out hope for Dorohedoro. Better perish it. grin
I don wait for two years I don tire.

The thing don tire me.
Is the show cancelled? No.
Renewed? No.
Then why is there no second season? No one knows.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Crumbian: 2:35pm On Apr 30, 2023
Baddestguyp:
na wetin I first see... And once it distracts me...I can't focus on anything else

Why are you guys like this now? At least one picture... cheesy
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 2:36pm On Apr 30, 2023
Crumbian:

The thing don tire me.

Is the show cancelled? No.

Renewed? No.

Then why is there no second season? No one knows.

I don't even know the state of the show.
The last I heard of it earlier this year, the article stated that S2 was in the works. I don't know whether to believe it or its just in the imagination of the writer.

I don lose hope cos remembering about those brutal fight scenes and skillset in that show as well as Caiman's obscure identity, I go wan cry.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Crumbian: 2:54pm On Apr 30, 2023
abduleez1:

I don't even know the state of the show.
The last I heard of it earlier this year, the article stated that S2 was in the works. I don't know whether to believe it or its just in the imagination of the writer.

I don lose hope cos remembering about those brutal fight scenes and skillset in that show as well as Caiman's obscure identity, I go wan cry.

The big questions also... Who is Nikkaido and how powerful is she?

Hopefully the second season is being worked on cos they can't just abandon it like that now.

Sometimes I'll remember that skinny girl and start laughing. Especially that episode where she was competing with Noi.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 3:03pm On Apr 30, 2023
Baddestguyp:
#copied

The Structure of Citadel

From the beginning, Citadel was conceived to be a series with innovative and global storytelling. There is set to be five core shows, each revolving around a different country and telling the story of different cultures. The mothership Citadel series is expected to take place in America, while the other four take place in India, Italy, Spain, and Mexico.

What could make the overall narrative difficult for viewers to consume is that everything about the shows will be adjusted for their native audience. The Indian show will be geared towards Indians, meaning that the characters in the show will be speaking in Hindi. The Italian show, meanwhile, will be purely in Italian. Spain and Mexico will, unsurprisingly, be aimed at Spanish-speaking viewers.

The series is meant to be an experiment for Amazon, who are interested in seeing whether audiences will follow the shows to new countries and languages just to keep up the story. With characters traveling between spinoffs, their full stories will be inaccessible without paying attention to the narratives of other series. As an experimental TV first series, Citadel could very well change the way that television is produced going forward.
The ideal of a "global series" is a grand and novel idea but the root been this one released this weekend is DOA, and so i fear for the rest of the show or even the planned regional spin offs.

The show rating is tanking in ratings by the second is no suprise at all because 2 episodes in and i have already lost interest.

Lazy dialogue coupled with abysmal and clichΓ©d plot is a bad mix plus the cherry on top is that Priyanka Chopra as one of the main cast is a red flag. She can't act to save her life, she and Gal Gadot are simply vibing on beauty tax rather than actual acting talent.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 4:39pm On Apr 30, 2023
⬇️⬇️

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 5:10pm On Apr 30, 2023
Crumbian:

The big questions also... Who is Nikkaido and how powerful is she?

Hopefully the second season is being worked on cos they can't just abandon it like that now.

Sometimes I'll remember that skinny girl and start laughing. Especially that episode where she was competing with Noi.

I don dey forget some names now sef...😭😭

Yea, Nikkaido seems to be amongst the people able to use magic dust abi na magicians dem dey call themselves. πŸ€” Obviously her identity is being hidden. Her story smells like that of a princess or heir to the kingdom sha.
And what of that Kung Fu female with big boobs that her name starts with "N" iirc. 😁😁 Ooh now that I think more of the show I remember that Dumbo that hit her head on something and started behaving retarded. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I hope studio Mappa looks at it with fondness. The article said the studio had so much workload and needed to clear them this season as well as Hell's Paradise. After HP and AOT final season work might continue on it. I just never know.
That show was one of the first shows in 2020 that reintroduced me back to anime genre and the Seinen space. Made me love dark and mature content alongside Jujutsu Kaisen.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 5:24pm On Apr 30, 2023
oyaskii:
The ideal of a "global series" is a grand and novel idea but the root been this one released this weekend is DOA, and so i fear for the rest of the show or even the planned regional spin offs.

The show rating is tanking in ratings by the second is no suprise at all because 2 episodes in and i have already lost interest.

Lazy dialogue coupled with abysmal and clichΓ©d plot is a bad mix plus the cherry on top is that Priyanka Chopra as one of the main cast is a red flag. She can't act to save her life, she and Gal Gadot are simply vibing on beauty tax rather than actual acting talent.

I no wan talk much about this Citadel issue till I watch am but what I know with the premiere series in the franchise tanking this hard with audiences and critics I'm hardly seeing how the planned offshoots will flourish. Especially with the fact that it's an idea hatched from scratch and not one with a built in audience we see with adaptations. So with it being this bad or forgettable to audiences Amazon will simply just be wasting their resources on what will be eventually cancelled.
Although, the studio has lots of deep pockets so they hardly feel hitches like this. The problem is when it starts to become widespread with their flagship when you put LOTR: RoP to mind, things starts to get shaky.

Anyways, why na come dey put my Queen Gal Gadot for this mission. Person dey her own jejely dey collect stray bullet for her birthday o. 😭😭😭 Seeing Priyanka Chopra headlining the show sef truly didn't make me take it seriously. Na cos of Richard Madden and the Russo's make me wan watch.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 5:43pm On Apr 30, 2023
abduleez1:

Yea, Nikkaido seems to be amongst the people able to use magic dust abi na magicians dem dey call themselves. πŸ€” Obviously her identity is being hidden. Her story smells like that of a princess or heir to the kingdom sha.
And what of that Kung Fu female with big boobs that her name starts with "N" iirc. 😁😁 Ooh now that I think more of the show I remember that Dumbo that hit her head on something and started behaving retarded. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I hope studio Mappa looks at it with fondness. The article said the studio had so much workload and needed to clear them this season as well as Hell's Paradise. After HP and AOT final season work might continue on it. I just never know.
That show was one of the first shows in 2020 that reintroduced me back to anime genre and the Seinen space. Made me love dark and mature content alongside Jujutsu Kaisen.
Noi (not to be confused with Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala) was one of the highlights of Dorohedoro. Had folks thirsting like they were hiking the Sahara.

Nikaido is most definitely a sorcerer that's hiding out in The Hole. The reason behind that is what we're eventually looking to find out.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 5:56pm On Apr 30, 2023
Kaycee7:
Noi (not to be confused with Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala) was one of the highlights of Dorohedoro. Had folks thirsting like they were hiking the Sahara.

Nikaido is most definitely a sorcerer that's hiding out in The Hole. The reason behind that is what we're eventually looking to find out.

Yea, Noi. I remember how film Twitter went crazy every Γ‰ke market days. grin grin The animation from that show was top notch too.
Yea, that weird Nikkaido arc wey Baba dey dream of his missing head. grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 6:04pm On Apr 30, 2023
abduleez1:

Noi?

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 6:08pm On Apr 30, 2023
MAPPA are taking on too many big shows Sha...

Same thing with Dororo...who knows when next we will see another season...
MAPPA barely have time for these shows
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 6:20pm On Apr 30, 2023
abduleez1:

I no wan talk much about this Citadel issue till I watch am but what I know with the premiere series in the franchise tanking this hard with audiences and critics I'm hardly seeing how the planned offshoots will flourish. Especially with the fact that it's an idea hatched from scratch and not one with a built in audience we see with adaptations. So with it being this bad or forgettable to audiences Amazon will simply just be wasting their resources on what will be eventually cancelled.
Although, the studio has lots of deep pockets so they hardly feel hitches like this. The problem is when it starts to become widespread with their flagship when you put LOTR: RoP to mind, things starts to get shaky.

They definitely have the moneybag to spend and go all out for a show or series, but with a poor script and concept, they would just be burning money. LOTR and RoP not so stellar ratings has proven so.

Anyways, why na come dey put my Queen Gal Gadot for this mission. Person dey her own jejely dey collect stray bullet for her birthday o. 😭😭😭 Seeing Priyanka Chopra headlining the show sef truly didn't make me take it seriously. Na cos of Richard Madden and the Russo's make me wan watch

Today na Mama Birthday? πŸ˜©πŸ˜‚ Make she no vex πŸ˜„. Priyanka Chopra made me stop watching "Quantico" that year with her medicore acting, and she hasn't picked up any serious role since then. She and Gal Gadot are extremely fine women tbh πŸ™Œ, but thier acting is a no no.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 6:50pm On Apr 30, 2023
oyaskii:

They definitely have the moneybag to spend and go all out for a show or series, but with a poor script and concept, they would just be burning money. LOTR and RoP not so stellar ratings has proven so.

What would be bad for LOTR: RoP is that next time, they might not even be competing with HOTD. They'd now start competing for audience love after David Zaslav starts churning out his ambitious LOTR movies. Imagine having big Zas breathing over ya neck. 😭

Today na Mama Birthday? πŸ˜©πŸ˜‚ Make she no vex πŸ˜„. Priyanka Chopra made me stop watching "Quantico" that year with her medicore acting, and she hasn't picked up any serious role since then. She and Gal Gadot are extremely fine women tbh πŸ™Œ, but thier acting is a no no.

Yes, today na Gal Gadot and Ana De Armas birthday, so no belittling will be tolerated.
I always wonder how people term Priyanka Chopra an actress cos till date I no sure say I don see any of her movie. No serious director don ever call am up for film.

Gadot might be similar in that she can't act but there's this mysterious elegance to her that you might forgive her shortcomings. grin And Gal has noticeably been improving on her craft slowly. I saw a marked difference in her acting in Red Notice and Death on The Nile.
Funny enough, Gal is still nicking roles. cheesy
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by yungmayor02(m): 11:06pm On Apr 30, 2023
Really enjoying from, Might end up being one of the best series of its genre since lost.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Crumbian: 8:02am On May 01, 2023
abduleez1:

I don dey forget some names now sef...

Yea, Nikkaido seems to be amongst the people able to use magic dust abi na magicians dem dey call themselves. Obviously her identity is being hidden. Her story smells like that of a princess or heir to the kingdom sha.
And what of that Kung Fu female with big boobs that her name starts with "N" iirc. Ooh now that I think more of the show I remember that Dumbo that hit her head on something and started behaving retarded.

Didn't know Dorohedoro belongs to Mappa, those guys have been busy lately.

I agree with you on Nikkaido. She may be the daughter of one very powerful magician and just managed to escaped to that zone when that magician died. The kung fu female with big boob is Noi and I think the dumbo's name is Ebisu grin

It was Akudama Drive that finally got me into anime in 2020 or 2021, something even AOT failed to do after watching the first 12 episodes. Was only able to continue AOT last year.

Oh, I watched one ridiculous Samurai anime that's basically about boobs after dropping AOT, it follows a flat chested girl called Kaide and her big chested master. I don't even remember the title again. cheesy grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Crumbian: 8:17am On May 01, 2023
abduleez1:

What would be bad for LOTR: RoP is that next time, they might not even be competing with HOTD. They'd now start competing for audience love after David Zaslav starts churning out his ambitious LOTR movies. Imagine having big Zas breathing over ya neck.

Yes, today na Gal Gadot and Ana De Armas birthday, so no belittling will be tolerated.
I always wonder how people term Priyanka Chopra an actress cos till date I no sure say I don see any of her movie. No serious director don ever call am up for film.

Gadot might be similar in that she can't act but there's this mysterious elegance to her that you might forgive her shortcomings. grin And Gal has noticeably been improving on her craft slowly. I saw a marked difference in her acting in Red Notice and Death on The Nile.
Funny enough, Gal is still nicking roles. cheesy

Oyinbo people just love Gals with little/zero yansh. grin cheesy
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 8:18am On May 01, 2023
Crumbian:

Didn't know Dorohedoro belongs to Mappa, those guys have been busy lately.

I agree with you on Nikkaido. She may be the daughter of one very powerful magician and just managed to escaped to that zone when that magician died. The kung fu female with big boob is Noi and I think the dumbo's name is Ebisu grin

It was Akudama Drive that finally got me into anime in 2020 or 2021, something even AOT failed to do after watching the first 12 episodes. Was only able to continue AOT last year.

Oh, I watched one ridiculous Samurai anime that's basically about boobs after dropping AOT, it follows a flat chested girl called Kaide and her big chested master. I don't even remember the title again. cheesy grin
please tell me it's not Manyuu Hikenchou you watched...
Cos if it is, the person who recommended it is wicked. grin

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Crumbian: 8:29am On May 01, 2023
Baddestguyp:
please tell me it's not Manyuu Hikenchou you watched...
Cos if it is, the person who recommended it is wicked. grin

Yeah, that's it. grin cheesy

The blonde one in the poster is Kaide, don't remember the name of the others. I don't even know where I came across the show. Either Telegram or Discord.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 8:34am On May 01, 2023
Crumbian:

Yeah, that's it. grin cheesy

The blonde one in the poster is Kaide, don't remember the name of the others. I don't even know where I came across the show. Either Telegram or Discord.
till date I have not finished that anime...
It's just titties and vibes grin
But I will finish it someday

Imagine watching that as a first anime grin

Prison School would even be a far better first anime

Go and watch Prison School if you haven't sha
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 10:01am On May 01, 2023
πŸŽ₯ Love & Death S01 (2023) = 7/10 βœ”οΈ

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by camri: 10:27am On May 01, 2023
Zatima
Who has watched?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by roqrules04(m): 11:00am On May 01, 2023
bisan20:
30 coin - best horror series
Where can I stream or download 30 coins ?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Crumbian: 1:08pm On May 01, 2023
Baddestguyp:
till date I have not finished that anime...
It's just titties and vibes grin
But I will finish it someday

Imagine watching that as a first anime grin

Prison School would even be a far better first anime

Go and watch Prison School if you haven't sha

"Titties and vibes" is a perfect description. grin

AOT was actually my first anime, just didn't finish it.

Will definitely check out that prison school. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (2589) (2590) (2591) (2592) (2593) (2594) (2595) ... (2817) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.