Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,227 members, 7,849,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:10 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (323) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3568451 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) ... (2831) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:49pm On Mar 22, 2016
Ultimatesammie:
LOOL but u like trouble ooooo.

...I'm the proverbial zoo keeper that set the cat among pigeons...

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kingsilly(m): 7:54pm On Mar 22, 2016
darkenedrebel:
...some 4 months ago, I made a statement here: I said Jessica.J was wāck, cliché & uninteresting; I also said that DareDevil was aight, but lacks replay value and longevity...

...herewith are appended some of the remarks by a certain callow TV/movie green horn that used "bought ratings" to measure how strong the wind would blow on the Beaufort scale of drama...

...I can't possibly quote all...

...now, look at the comment below which was posted today...this poster was also a camp follower of DD & JJ respectively...

...as you'd observe, he used the word "sucks" 8 good times...

...I guess what the elders can see while sitting down, the children cannot, even if they climb an ivy or iroko tree...

...still patiently for J.J's day of reckoning... cool

grin cheesy
Koice move camp a little, I still stand my ground on saying, DD season 2 was a better installment to the first, I guess probably koice watched the whole series on a phone grin
Rating are not bought on IMDB, users like me and you are who rates movie/series, metacritic and RT I don't know on what bases they rate theirs...

DD is a way up there.. cool
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by KOLZY(m): 7:57pm On Mar 22, 2016
kingsilly:
I guess you watch Quantico too.. undecided
I don't doubt either.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:01pm On Mar 22, 2016
kingsilly:

grin cheesy
Only Koice move camp a little, I still stand my ground on saying, DD season 2 was a better installment to the first, I guess probably koice watched the whole series on a phone grin
Rating are not bought on IMDB, users like me and you are who rates movie/series, metacritic and RT I don't know on what bases they rate theirs...

DD is a way up there.. cool

...95% of the universe thinks DD has dropped form and here you are trying to fight a lost battle...even as wāck as Quantico is, it's still better than DD cheesy ...

...the only reason I've downloaded JJ & DD is to cache for future purposes; if any of my kids misbehave, they'd be made to go through the horrendous trauma of watching the both of them as punishment...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kingsilly(m): 8:09pm On Mar 22, 2016
darkenedrebel:

...95% of the universe thinks DD has dropped form and here you are trying to fight a lost battle...even as wāck as Quantico is, it's still better than DD cheesy ...

...the only reason I've downloaded JJ & DD is to cache for future purposes; if any of my kids misbehave, they'd be made to go through the horrendous process of watching the both of them as punishment...

Stop throwing statistics you know nothing of.
95% really, pls undecided

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:15pm On Mar 22, 2016
kingsilly:

Stop throwing statistics you know nothing of. 95% really, pls undecided
...go get a sense of humour...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kingsilly(m): 8:21pm On Mar 22, 2016
darkenedrebel:

...go get a sense of humour...

Same old same old, plays victim to a loosing argument.
cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:39pm On Mar 22, 2016
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:40pm On Mar 22, 2016
kingsilly:

Same old same old, plays victim to a loosing argument.
cheesy

...I wasn't arguing in the first place, so what argument exactly are you talking about?...so out of all the people in this forum, it is one Kingsilly that I'd lose a debate to?....you are in a state of oneirism, my friend...kindly jolt out of your reverie...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:43pm On Mar 22, 2016
darkenedrebel:

...the only reason I've downloaded JJ & DD is to cache for future purposes; if any of my kids misbehave, they'd be made to go through the horrendous trauma of watching the both of them as punishment...
Please please please..Quantico isn't even better than Papa Ajasco And Company. cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kingsilly(m): 8:44pm On Mar 22, 2016
darkenedrebel:

...I wasn't arguing in the first place, so what argument exactly are you talking about?...so out of all the people on this forum, it is one Kingsilly that I'd lose a debate to?....you are in a state of oneirism, my friend...kindly jolt out of your reverie...

Whatever makes you sleep well @ night. wink
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kingsilly(m): 8:46pm On Mar 22, 2016
bykebyke:

Please please please..Quantico isn't even better than Papa Ajasco And Company. cheesy

grin grin

Your disdain for Quantico is second to none
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:51pm On Mar 22, 2016
kingsilly:

grin grin

Your disdain for Quantico is second to none
grin grin

Waiting for the day they cancel it. cheesy
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by stiles009(m): 9:08pm On Mar 22, 2016
kingsilly:

I guess you watch Quantico too.. undecided

nah, Quantico is another name for ridiculous. though I love me some Miss Chopra every now and then, I rather watch her indian films instead.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by philfearon(m): 9:33pm On Mar 22, 2016
Finally had me some free time and I decided to pass it with JESSICA JONES... Time well spent ah swear..
This series is dope...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 9:47pm On Mar 22, 2016
bykebyke:

grin grin

Waiting for the day they cancel it. cheesy

...I wasn't kidding when I said I watched Quantico strictly to become more familiar with some of those recondite FBI register...as it appears, all of the terminologies used were stuffs I already knew before, so it wasn't worth watching it anymore...
...moral of the story: I watched for vicarious thrill, but didn't find it effective & have long had it sidelined...

...so whenever you're debasing the show thinking you're teasing me, you're only wasting your time, because it's not even in my top 40 list of fav shows/series...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 9:53pm On Mar 22, 2016
darkenedrebel:

...I wasn't kidding when I said I watched Quantico strictly to be familiar with some of those recondite FBI register...as it appears, all of the terminologies used were things I already knew before, so it wasn't worth watching it anymore...
...moral of the story: I watched for vicarious thrill, but didn't find it effective & have long had it sidelined...

...so whenever you're debasing the show thinking you're teasing me, you're only wasting your time, because it's not even in my top 40 list of fav shows/series...
Teasing you ke? cheesy...Show me who has mentioned Quantico here that I haven't scathingly attacked. grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 10:05pm On Mar 22, 2016
Season 2 of Daredevil lost quite a bit of form, and really sucked IMHO. I couldn't help but wonder at times if I was watching a PG-13 Arrow rather than the critically acclaimed Netflix [MA] Daredevil. But I can see why adrenaline junkies rated it higher than the first season. It's simple - It's got more action, yup. The fight scenes were all well choreographed if a bit rehashed, and the visuals were pretty slick. But that's it. All action and no substance.

I look for certain things in a show, namely:
- Language (Daredevil season 2 featured censured dialogue without one notable catch phrase and quotables. You'd be forgiven to think you're watching a terrestrial network show rather than a Netflix show)
- Authenticity (Nobu sudden reappearance in the 2nd season perfectly well and ass-kicking healthy pissed me off something fierce, as he was obviously burnt to death by Matt in one of the highlights of the first season. When he bested Matt in their first tossle in episode 9, Matt quipped "You're Dead." to which Nobu responded "There is no such thing." What kind of sh*t was that?? Seriously??
- Character development: (A lot of discrepancies here, from Frank to Electra to Karen to Foggy to Matt himself. The whole thing felt rushed. Was it any surprise that credible character development suffers the consequence?)
- Romance: (Daredevil season 2 is as unromantic as a show can get, let's just leave it at that).
- Comic Relief (Daredevil season 2 is as unfunny as it's unsexy. Season 1 had one in the mould of Fisk himself. His tempestuous temper always crack me up.)

- Macabre: (I have always been a fan of complicated deaths, which is why I loved Jessica Jones so much - It's got it in droves. Daredevils season 2 in contrast doesn't have one. All deaths were pretty straightforward and nasty. Did I mention boring?

That said, even on it's worst day, the 2nd season of Daredevil is hundred times better than Quantico, Flash, & Arrow any day, any time.

@Kingsilly, even if I did watch all of Daredevil on my S6 - which I didn't btw - the outcome would have been the same. And come to think of it, my S6 got better resolution than my Dell Inspiron X.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 10:18pm On Mar 22, 2016
Something is brewing. grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by moneyallowed(m): 11:08pm On Mar 22, 2016
koice:
Season 2 of Daredevil lost quite a bit of form, and really sucked IMHO. I couldn't help but wonder at times if I was watching a PG-13 Arrow rather than the critically acclaimed Netflix [MA] Daredevil. But I can see why adrenaline junkies rated it higher than the first season. It's simple - It's got more action, yup. The fight scenes were all well choreographed if a bit rehashed, and the visuals were pretty slick. But that's it. All action and no substance.

I look for certain things in a show, namely:
- Language (Daredevil season 2 featured censured dialogue without one notable catch phrase and quotables. You'd be forgiven to think you're watching a terrestrial network show rather than a Netflix show)
- Authenticity (Nobu sudden reappearance in the 2nd season perfectly well and ass-kicking healthy pissed me off something fierce, as he was obviously burnt to death by Matt in one of the highlights of the first season. When he bested Matt in their first tossle in episode 9, Matt quipped "You're Dead." to which Nobu responded "There is no such thing." What kind of sh*t was that?? Seriously??
- Character development: (A lot of discrepancies here, from Frank to Electra to Karen to Foggy to Matt himself. The whole thing felt rushed. Was it any surprise that credible character development suffers the consequence?)
- Romance: (Daredevil season 2 is as unromantic as a show can get, let's just leave it at that).
- Comic Relief (Daredevil season 2 is as unfunny as it's unsexy. Season 1 had one in the mould of Fisk himself. His tempestuous temper always crack me up.)

- Macabre: (I have always been a fan of complicated deaths, which is why I loved Jessica Jones so much - It's got it in droves. Daredevils season 2 in contrast doesn't have one. All deaths were pretty straightforward and nasty. Did I mention boring?

That said, even on it's worst day, the 2nd season of Daredevil is hundred times better than Quantico, Flash, & Arrow any day, any time.

@Kingsilly, even if I did watch all of Daredevil on my S6 - which I didn't btw - the outcome would have been the same. And come to think of it, my S6 got better resolution than my Dell Inspiron X.

Ok at first I thought you were just joking but seems you're serious. I'll stick to the points you mentioned

-Language : it's funny cos this was one of the areas of vast improvement. Season 1 had lots of corny dialogue, every review you'll read mentioned this. The conversations didn't feel natural and you're using that as a point? Besides Fisk's good Samaritan monologue, there wasn't anything memorable.The writing in this season was way better, so many quotes I could mention but the philosophical discussion on the morality of vigilante justice, hell even Punisher' graveyard monologue was one of the best pieces of TV I've seen in ages

-Authenticity - Nobu was a huge letdown for me too but when it comes to authenticity you couldn't be more wrong. It fit perfectly with the narrative: Stick already explained there's this group of immortal ninjas chilling and you're still amazed Nobu came back? C'mon

-Character development :haha I could spend all day on this. This is literally the worst point you could have given. Even the supporting characters got full satisfying arcs: Punisher, Elektra, Foggy, Karen.... Exposition, conflict, resolution. Fully realized fleshed out characters. Even Fisk managed to look more menacing in a few episodes than in the entire season 1. In season 1, most of the supporting characters had their arcs prematurely cut in an attempt to produce an impact on viewers : Ulrich, Wesley, Owsley......their deaths felt unearned. It's a symptom of poor writing, trying to use shock deaths to substitute for good storytelling. I don't know what show you were watching honestly, I mean I have gripes with the series myself but anyone that watched it will be able to pick the issues. Instead you're highlighting all the ways season 2 is better than 1

Romance: Seriously The sexual chemistry between Elektra and Matt? The tension he had with Karen? What romance was in season 1? Vanessa's relationship was the only reasonable one and even that strained credulity at times

Comic relief : this is getting ridiculous. I'll just stop and say if you're expecting comedy from a daredevil show then you don't really understand the character. I'll skip the macabre thingy cos I don't get it either. The folks I watched it with were complaining that the gore was too much and here you are saying the opposite. Once again I don't understand you

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 11:13pm On Mar 22, 2016
grin

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 11:27pm On Mar 22, 2016
some people will just come here, drop Big grammar analysis and condemn tv series grin grin

we like daredevil, we think season2 is better than season1.. Mr koice and his "Minions" does not feel the same way..

lets do everybody viewing this thread a favor, we should just shut the fvck up with our opinions and stop spamming this thread with big grammar and synopsis ilke we are in a literature class grin grin

People that will like it will still like it, people that will not like it wont like it.. even if you say Aliens rated it 100/100 ,, some people wont still like it..

Abegi,, ilfe is too short.. you cant force everybody to like fried chicken..

i cant even watched the show again,, some yeye analysts don litter the thread with spoilers undecided undecided

5 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kingsilly(m): 11:31pm On Mar 22, 2016
moneyallowed:

Ok at first I thought you were just joking but seems you're serious. I'll stick to the points you mentioned

-Language : it's funny cos this was one of the areas of vast improvement. Season 1 had lots of corny dialogue, every review you'll read mentioned this. The conversations didn't feel natural and you're using that as a point? Besides Fisk's good Samaritan monologue, there wasn't anything memorable.The writing in this season was way better, so many quotes I could mention but the philosophical discussion on the morality of vigilante justice, hell even Punisher' graveyard monologue was one of the best pieces of TV I've seen in ages

-Authenticity - Nobu was a huge letdown for me too but when it comes to authenticity you couldn't be more wrong. It fit perfectly with the narrative: Stick already explained there's this group of immortal ninjas chilling and you're still amazed Nobu came back? C'mon

-Character development :haha I could spend all day on this. This is literally the worst point you could have given. Even the supporting characters got full satisfying arcs: Punisher, Elektra, Foggy, Karen.... Exposition, conflict, resolution. Fully realized fleshed out characters. Even Fisk managed to look more menacing in a few episodes than in the entire season 1. In season 1, most of the supporting characters had their arcs prematurely cut in an attempt to produce an impact on viewers : Ulrich, Wesley, Owsley......their deaths felt unearned. It's a symptom of poor writing, trying to use shock deaths to substitute for good storytelling. I don't know what show you were watching honestly, I mean I have gripes with the series myself but anyone that watched it will be able to pick the issues. Instead you're highlighting all the ways season 2 is better than 1

Romance: Seriously The sexual chemistry between Elektra and Matt? The tension he had with Karen? What romance was in season 1? Vanessa's relationship was the only reasonable one and even that strained credulity at times

Comic relief : this is getting ridiculous. I'll just stop and say if you're expecting comedy from a daredevil show then you don't really understand the character. I'll skip the macabre thingy cos I don't get it either. The folks I watched it with were complaining that the gore was too much and here you are saying the opposite. Once again I don't understand you

Significantly littler scenes with Sgt. Mahoney are incredible. I can watch, with tremendous measures of interest, scenes simply including their lives.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kingsilly(m): 11:32pm On Mar 22, 2016
viickerz:
some people will just come here, drop Big grammar analysis and condemn tv series grin grin

we like daredevil, we think season2 is better than season1.. Mr koice and his "Minions" does not feel the same way..

lets do everybody viewing this thread a favor, we should just shut the fvck up with our opinions and stop spamming this thread with big grammar and synopsis ilke we are in a literature class grin grin

People that will like it will still like it, people that will not like it wont like it.. even if you say Aliens rated it 100/100 ,, some people wont still like it..

Abegi,, ilfe is too short.. you cant force everybody to like fried chicken..

i cant even watched the show again,, some yeye analysts don litter the thread with spoilers undecided undecided

30 YRS to download grin grin grin grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Elparaiso(m): 12:11am On Mar 23, 2016
DareDevil season 2 did not suck, but it wasn't great either.

The first five episodes were wack and I am sure I missed nothing by dodging them.

DareDevil season 2 gets a 7/10 rating from me.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Alfred234(m): 12:20am On Mar 23, 2016
As if releasing too many spoilers for Daredevil Season 2 wasn't enough now you guys are busy fighting each other... I can't even watch it again you guys just ruined the show for me angry

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:33am On Mar 23, 2016
@moneyallowed, after scanning through your epistle, I can comfortably state you don't get me at all, what with quoting my post out of context and all. This is very evident at the"Character development" and "macabre" parts. You went into a tirade when all I'd done was summarize. You see, gone are the days when I would have spent tremendous time online convincing and forcing everyone to read my epistles, trying to show everyone who cares to read why Breaking Bad remains the best TV of recent era, why Lord Baelish is smarter than Frank Underwood, why all the shows on The CW network suck, etc. But I don't do that no more, I grew up, and I got busier.

I commend your passion, but get real man, all these nose flaring is pointless, innit? Everyone can't have the same opinion and likes and dislikes, every taste differ, that's the beautiful thing about it, the goram thing is subjective. You love Daredevil season 2, I don't, deal with it. I summarized my issues with the show, forgive me if I don't have the time for an epistle so that you can understand fully. Case closed. Have a nice day.

4 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by moneyallowed(m): 8:12am On Mar 23, 2016
@Koice it's all good man, these are shows not the end of the world. It's your opinion after all, I was only trying to discuss based on the points you gave. If that sounded like a tirade then I apologize. Have a great day yourself

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 9:48am On Mar 23, 2016
koice:
@moneyallowed, after scanning through your epistle, I can comfortably state you don't get me at all, what with quoting my post out of context and all. This is very evident at the"Character development" and "macabre" parts. You went into a tirade when all I'd done was summarize. You see, gone are the days when I would have spent tremendous time online convincing and forcing everyone to read my epistles, trying to show everyone who cares to read why Breaking Bad remains the best TV of recent era, why Lord Baelish is smarter than Frank Underwood, why all the shows on The CW network suck, etc. But I don't do that no more, I grew up, and I got busier.

I commend your passion, but get real man, all these nose flaring is pointless, innit? Everyone can't have the same opinion and likes and dislikes, every taste differ, that's the beautiful thing about it, the goram thing is subjective. You love Daredevil season 2, I don't, deal with it. I summarized my issues with the show, forgive me if I don't have the time for an epistle so that you can understand fully. Case closed. Have a nice day.
Debatable. grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by SIRcumalot: 10:09am On Mar 23, 2016
bykebyke:

Debatable. grin
Frank has been making some stoopid mistakes since he became president,this is probably just to advance plot but it still stoopid.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 10:34am On Mar 23, 2016
Is it me or is How To Get Away With Murder starting to bore?
The whole thing is starting to look unreal and just there for the shock value(unexpected murder)?

When will the law catch up to them or is no one ever going to prison?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) ... (2831) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.