Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,529 members, 7,819,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1261366 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by izyblaze(f): 12:03pm On Aug 24, 2021
Unless it’s a scholarship in Germany, or a first class, getting a visa appointment date now is very difficult. My friend started her masters since September last year, and she’s still in Nigeria because they’ve not given her visa appointment date. She’s going to withdraw from the masters soon, since she can’t physically be in Germany. Norway visa is even more sure than Germany, and almost same process of blocked account or sending to the school. If you’ve the money, go for UK.

HorlarJP:

Thanks for your reply TobyTreasure

I talked with someone who knows a lot about traveling and told him I really want to move urgently and be in school by early next year, I had Germany in mind because of the tuition free and also Canada(was rejected last year though) but he told me if I want to move urgently I should consider UK and if I have finances and the visa is more sure to get than Canada and Germany

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by johnsonsegxy: 12:09pm On Aug 24, 2021
VISA ALERT! VISA ALERT!! VISA ALERT!!!

APPLICATION TYPE: Priority

APPLICATION DATE: 13th August

BIOMETRICS: 16th August (Ikeja Walk-in)

TRANSFERED TO DMC: 16th August
RECEIVED BY DMC: 16th August
TRANSFERED TO VAC: 21st August

RECEIVED BY VAC: 23th August
COLLECTION MAIL: 24th August
PICK-UP DATE: 24th August, 9:45am

To God be the glory o!!! Thanks to Nairaland and everyone that contributed... God bless y'all immensely.

44 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by izyblaze(f): 12:15pm On Aug 24, 2021
Use private tab or clear your cookies smiley) it happens.

lekan1000:

bro i actually booked two days ago for 205k, abuja to doha to manchester, wanted to book for a friend yesterday and i just confuse seeing the price, i just dey refresh maybe na mistake but omoooo, i just checked this morning and still thesame

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by izyblaze(f): 12:15pm On Aug 24, 2021
Congratulations cheesy
johnsonsegxy:
VISA ALERT! VISA ALERT!! VISA ALERT!!!

APPLICATION TYPE: Priority

APPLICATION DATE: 13th August

BIOMETRICS: 16th August (Ikeja Walk-in)

TRANSFERED TO DMC: 16th August
RECEIVED BY DMC: 16th August
TRANSFERED TO VAC: 21st August

RECEIVED BY VAC: 23th August
COLLECTION MAIL: 24th August
PICK-UP DATE: 24th August, 9:45am

To God be the glory o!!! Thanks to Nairaland and everyone that contributed... God bless y'all immensely.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Egocen: 12:22pm On Aug 24, 2021
why should the dad transfer the money to his account?

idg

valkaywalex:

Q1. Yeah, they accept undergraduate courses in January, depends on the course you're going for though.

Q2. It's better your dad transfer the money to your alc, and the money must be in your alc for 28days before the sch can issue you CAS.

You can as well check out more information from the sch portal to know if your course will be available for January
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Egocen: 12:28pm On Aug 24, 2021
Congartulations dear!!

I am so sorry that EWC abi EWScam is still taking more from innocent Nigerians with false hope to give them visa to Canada

just to be clear, is this the same Eduwalt company? they advertise travel and work in Canada, you pay 350,000 for application?

Lemme not talk sha

Bukunmi93:
I HAVE RECEIVED MY LETTER OF CONGRATULATIONS!!!

VISA Alert��

Family of two

Application 27th July
Biometric 29th July (walk-in) Standard
Collection Mail: 23rd of August
Passport collected with Visa sitting pretty: 24th of August.

My story is long, bear with me:

17th of April, hubby booked TB test for May and sent me a link to complete my application, I didn't know I was supposed to receive a reference code, I just saw successfully booked, which turned out not to be successful by the way, the test was for May 11. I woke up on May 3rd feeling somehow, something pushed me to ask him if he had the page I was supposed to go to IOM with, that's how kassala burst, he said he thought I had completed the application and have it on my email, I was really sad, I couldn't sleep, in the course of trying to book, I ran into a page on Nairaland that someone got a visa ban because their agent helped with a visa to Togo to help with travel history, I was shook because I had once used an agency "EWC" popularly known as "EWScam", they coerced me into getting visa stamps for Togo and Mali even though I have never visited these countries, it was for my Canadian study application and I was denied anyway and they also refused to send the reason to me because they expected me to pay an "administrative fee" after I already parted ways with 250,000 just for admission o, i refused and left them to God.

I was perplexed but the Holy Spirit ministered to me that my Tb test difficulties was exactly for this revelation, I was also confused on what next to do as we were in May and Nigeria was having issues with Passport booklets. I sha called my passport guy and he assured me I would get my passport in May, I didn't.

That was the start of another bout of sleepless nights cos IOM gave me one week to come back for my result after I told them not to print cos I didn't have the passport yet and I didn't even have a timeline for when I was going to get it but God being the messiah, the passport was ready by 21st of June (6 days after Tb test) and thus began the CAS and visa timeline.

I just want to use this medium to thank everyone who has been helpful with visa applications on this platforms, May God bless everyone.

*Note: If you can afford to, pay for priority, Standard is not for the weak!!

I wrote this on the 17th of August o in faith.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by hawtie: 12:29pm On Aug 24, 2021
Co ask, please

kayLion:
Hello House,

Anyone used Ikeja TLS recently (walk in). Did you go there very early in the morning or you wrote your name down a day before

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by leggyb(m): 12:31pm On Aug 24, 2021
PMID:
Pls Which of these sites is better to book Qatar airways; Wakanow or Qatar website?

I used Qatar website. If you have a dollar card it would be easier. But what i did was to make a booking, put it on hold and use the PNR number generated to make a direct transfer to their Gtbank naira account.

Afterwards, i sent the payment Evidence to losreservation@ng.qatarairways.com with my PNR and mobile number as a remark. Same day, e-ticket was sent to my registered email address.

Register online on their website and take a look. All instructions are there for you to follow. I returned later to select my seats and meal preference.

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by PMID: 12:37pm On Aug 24, 2021
Kind of skeptical about booking flight on wakanow. Pls is it cool to do so, and is there a phn number to call should anything go wrong?
Don’t laugh at my skepticism, money nor easy o
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Bukunmi93: 12:38pm On Aug 24, 2021
Egocen:
Congartulations dear!!

I am so sorry that EWC abi EWScam is still taking more from innocent Nigerians with false hope to give them visa to Canada

just to be clear, is this the same Eduwalt company? they advertise travel and work in Canada, you pay 350,000 for application?

Lemme not talk sha

They are the ones o, they have nothing to offer. Till date they have refused to send my reason for denial from Canada
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by TemiRich: 12:48pm On Aug 24, 2021
Good Afternoon Everyone

Please I want to ask a question.

I did my biometrics with my husband in Ikeja TLS on the 26th of July.

Application moved back to VAC on the 10th of August, collection email dropped on the 11th and we picked up our passports with visas approved on the 12th of August.

Application was standard.

My two kids did their own biometrics on the 2nd of August; exactly a week after us and till now, tracking shows application is still at DMC. What could be causing the delay?

I submitted everyone's application on the same day but just within a few hours, there was no available slot on the same day as mine for biometrics so I picked a week later for my kids.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by izyblaze(f): 12:51pm On Aug 24, 2021
Lmaooooo they allowed him take meat cheesy this is so hilarious

fetomowo:
This is peak period, Qatar Airways prices will go up in September as most airlines will anyways. People should consider using Airmaroc as well. It is cheaper and faster than Qatar, just not as luxurious so to say and Lands usually at Gatwick instead Heathrow so you have to think about transportation.

Again, you can try to arrive in the other airports, Manchester or Newcastle International, Birmingham (not just London).

If that doesn't drive down your cost try and use Abuja as departure point (this works for British Airways).

If your school has enrolment enabled online as well as blended or online learning you don't have to rush. You can book your trip in October/November.

Don't use Ethiopian, Kenyan Airways, Rwandair. These countries are sitting comfortably on the red list. Unless of course you have £1700 to pay for government enforced quarantine (some schools claim to assist for this though).

Lufthansa, KLM, Airfrance are all flights based in the EU from which the UK has exited. You will need a transit visa to use any of these airlines. Average visa processing time is 2 weeks.

If you are arriving in an airport close to your school, your school may have meet and greet team that can take you to your uni, free of charge. Find out from the international office.

If you haven't used rail before, I won't recommended that you use it for the first time upon your arrival. It can be stressful asking about your connections, which platform to go to and handling your luggage.

Best take a taxi, expensive but stress free.

If you land in Heathrow you might consider hopping on a flight. Buses are usually priced high from Heathrow terminals. Sometimes the same cost as getting on a flight.

If you are staying in an hotel it is cheaper to book online than on the counter.

Finally make your research, plan your transportation ahead so don't get stranded at bus and rail stations. I have had to rescue a few people from such calamities a number of times. And our people with their bags.

One man brought meat - all body part, with one bag stacked with indomie. He said he bought tthe bush meat on Benin - Lagos road. Had six bags. And was looking confused at the bus station. Worse, he didn't even have where to stay. I had to put him in an hotel with my money (he was waiting for Tetfund money) grin

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by izyblaze(f): 12:56pm On Aug 24, 2021
Airmaroc is Morocco, not Egypt. And they’re on the Amber list.

PMID:

Don’t try it o! Pls confirm, Egypt is on red list. Instead use Qatar airways. Am equally trying to book it

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by izyblaze(f): 1:14pm On Aug 24, 2021
Some agents are really dubious. That’s how one took 190k from me, all in the name of admission for Spain and was still hoping to collect additional 300k, I ran for my life cheesy and decided to do my UK processing myself. Congratulations

Bukunmi93:
I HAVE RECEIVED MY LETTER OF CONGRATULATIONS!!!

VISA Alert��

Family of two

Application 27th July
Biometric 29th July (walk-in) Standard
Collection Mail: 23rd of August
Passport collected with Visa sitting pretty: 24th of August.

My story is long, bear with me:

17th of April, hubby booked TB test for May and sent me a link to complete my application, I didn't know I was supposed to receive a reference code, I just saw successfully booked, which turned out not to be successful by the way, the test was for May 11. I woke up on May 3rd feeling somehow, something pushed me to ask him if he had the page I was supposed to go to IOM with, that's how kassala burst, he said he thought I had completed the application and have it on my email, I was really sad, I couldn't sleep, in the course of trying to book, I ran into a page on Nairaland that someone got a visa ban because their agent helped with a visa to Togo to help with travel history, I was shook because I had once used an agency "EWC" popularly known as "EWScam", they coerced me into getting visa stamps for Togo and Mali even though I have never visited these countries, it was for my Canadian study application and I was denied anyway and they also refused to send the reason to me because they expected me to pay an "administrative fee" after I already parted ways with 250,000 just for admission o, i refused and left them to God.

I was perplexed but the Holy Spirit ministered to me that my Tb test difficulties was exactly for this revelation, I was also confused on what next to do as we were in May and Nigeria was having issues with Passport booklets. I sha called my passport guy and he assured me I would get my passport in May, I didn't.

That was the start of another bout of sleepless nights cos IOM gave me one week to come back for my result after I told them not to print cos I didn't have the passport yet and I didn't even have a timeline for when I was going to get it but God being the messiah, the passport was ready by 21st of June (6 days after Tb test) and thus began the CAS and visa timeline.

I just want to use this medium to thank everyone who has been helpful with visa applications on this platforms, May God bless everyone.

*Note: If you can afford to, pay for priority, Standard is not for the weak!!

I wrote this on the 17th of August o in faith.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by johnsonsegxy: 1:19pm On Aug 24, 2021
Egocen:
Congartulations dear!!

Lemme not talk sha

Omo those people use me do shege o... Scam of the highest order... With their fake oyinbo managers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Egocen: 1:22pm On Aug 24, 2021
I still wonder why they have not been arrested by EFCC

that company is an organized scammmmm

a company that collects money from EVERYONE ohh

even if you have third clASS and no money
they will assure you that you will enter Canada

lmaoooo

so sad, they keep collecting money from uneducated Nigerians

Bukunmi93:

They are the ones o, they have nothing to offer. Till date they have refused to send my reason for denial from Canada
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Egocen: 1:23pm On Aug 24, 2021
My dear
that EWC na fakeeeeeeee

organized fake

johnsonsegxy:

Omo those people use me do shege o... Scam of the highest order... With their fake oyinbo managers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Zimzee: 1:24pm On Aug 24, 2021
Good afternoon everyone want to book my flight now, but not seeing any cheap flight in British airways until 19th September, and i am supposed to leave on time to meet up with 13th Sept resumption.
Would there be consequences if I pick that 19th and arrive one week late post resumption?
KLM layover is 10hrs.
Abeg does any one have a better option?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by kayalade123: 1:29pm On Aug 24, 2021
Enyika:
What date did you book to travel with them? Cos I booked 2nd of sept and didn’t know about the issue. I hope they resume on the 28th like they said

25th
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by kayalade123: 1:31pm On Aug 24, 2021
Nmagna:
Any hope of them rescheduling?

No idea have requested for a refund
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by CrystalPeace: 1:37pm On Aug 24, 2021
Biometrics done since 12th August

TLS VI

Priority

Yet, nothing from them. Application still at DMC .. No response to paid mails and lines are also busy

Is there anything else that can be done?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by realone2012: 1:37pm On Aug 24, 2021
Good day guys.
Please, whilst filing form on UKVI website.
For "Future official financial sponsor", does getting a scholarship mean I will choose yes?
Not a full scholarship, but its over 50%.

Note that the scholarship fee has already been deducted from amount payable, and it's reflecting in the CAS as amount paid.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Milo1111: 1:39pm On Aug 24, 2021
Counting from the day I did walk in at ikeja, today is the 7th day, student visa(priority)….apart from application sent to DCM, omoh nothing don enter my mail or sms from TLS or UKVI. What could be the issue guys? Sha village people don involve for the matter abi make I put prophet call…abi I should just chill and be hopeful….I’m on hanging!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by jamesobedbaisel: 1:39pm On Aug 24, 2021
Hi everyone. Please I have been invited for an interview at VAC and I’m a bit scared. What are the questions they ask? Will there be questions on previous refusal? And guidance will be appreciated. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by johnsonsegxy: 1:41pm On Aug 24, 2021
Bukunmi93:

Me i threatened to storm their office with military men if they refuse to give send my passport and the email denial... I got it within 24hrs
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by kayalade123: 1:44pm On Aug 24, 2021
Pascalsmith:

Just Adhere to the instructions

Instructions from who
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by justwise(m): 1:45pm On Aug 24, 2021
Adesinm:

When do you want to start?

I can guide you through, you can private message me.

Please stop this here

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Austinadex(m): 1:49pm On Aug 24, 2021
Good afternoon.... Please the address on my marriage certificate is different from the address on my application, I filled I have rented the new address for 5 years.. Please can that be an issue?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by jadepinkett(f): 1:50pm On Aug 24, 2021
Hi. Is there a thread for post study visa? Has anyone successfully gotten the PSW? Anyone rejected (I hope not). Stories, testimonies anything?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Yemzzyy: 1:51pm On Aug 24, 2021
CrystalPeace:
Biometrics done since 12th August

TLS VI

Priority

Yet, nothing from them. Application still at DMC .. No response to paid mails and lines are also busy

Is there anything else that can be done?

Did you get a non straight forward email?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Egocen: 1:52pm On Aug 24, 2021
Please oh, when applying for visa for masters student

do I need to attach my Bank statement or I can use only my sponsor's?

Mind you, I am in my mid twenties

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.