Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,074 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (332) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1257530 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by TundeChris: 11:16pm On Oct 06, 2021
stephoye:

Which do I choose, Student with scholarship or Student without scholarship

Depends. Do you have a scholarship from the school or not.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Kunleop: 11:21pm On Oct 06, 2021
tochnn:
I have an available accommodation so I wanted to find out if someone is coming and needed one

Okay.

Let connect, can I mail you?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Nobody: 11:24pm On Oct 06, 2021
soleski01:
Good day house,

Please, I need clarity on the affordable (between 10-13k tuition fees) schools for January'22 that one can apply to.

Intended program: Law (undergraduate).

Many thanks, in anticipation.
Bro. Forget about the UK because you have to pay 10-13k tuition fees for three years. That is about 30 - 39k in total.

I advise you to study in Nigeria and do a Masters in UK. Since Masters is only one year, you can get a school with tuition of 10-13k tuition fees that meets your affordability..

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Kunleop: 11:27pm On Oct 06, 2021
bravolyk:
Who can help me read through my personal statement please. I’ll appreciate

Share it.. Let see..

Also I will forward my own to you also..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Gigli: 11:33pm On Oct 06, 2021
ChudiOgudo:
Quick question:

Once my 28days POF starts counting, am I free to move out bulk money (e.g 3mil) from the account for other expenses like tuition deposit, while ensuring my minimum balance doesn't go below the required figure? Am I allowed?

Yes
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Gigli: 11:37pm On Oct 06, 2021
Jules03:
Hello everyone
Please help me out this is urgent.
Must the money you need to show in your bank statement reach 28 days before you submit your visa application
In the event that you have submitted the visa application already and paid all the compulsory fees including priority fee but haven’t picked a date for biometrics yet because you want to begin the count again due to a miscalculation

What can you do to rectify this please

Should the application be cancelled or just do a letter to explain that the funds were not complete as as at when you submitted because of a miscalculation on your part but by the time you went for biometrics it was complete (I intend to pick a biometrics date for October 15th when the money is complete 28 days)
Would the priority fee be returned if I cancel and apply when the money is complete

Please help.

Your POF must be 28 days before you upload and submit your documents online.

If you haven't uploaded, it's fine...just wait till its 28 or 30days.

Instead of starting to count, you can pay more tuition fee to the school

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Gigli: 11:39pm On Oct 06, 2021
Crownxballer:
Please, I need some clarification. I applied to Teesside for Biomedical Science (1 year) and I'm yet to get my offer. I now saw Food Science and technology (2years with advanced practice which is 7,500 per year) and I would love to change to it.

1.What is the advantage of choosing a 2year course over a 1 year course?

2.Do I need to show POF (Living expenses +Balance of tuition) for 2 years or 1 year? [/color] 1 year

3. Will I pay IHS for 2 years or 1 year? [color=#990000]
2 years

Please, I would appreciate answers to these so as to take my decision. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Thomas18(m): 12:01am On Oct 07, 2021
please I have two questions. I got an offer for university of Salford, January 2022 intake

1. is it true that no transaction (debit or credit) should be carried out on the account you're using for POF during the 28 days?? Even if it doesn't go below the required amount?? No transactions at all.

2. is it true that the funding of your account for CAS application MUST begin after you've paid the initial fee deposit?? Statement before initial fee payments doesn't count??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by aragbaboy: 12:24am On Oct 07, 2021
Baysbabe:
It’s raining visas o!!!

Visa collected for family of five (5) today.
*Biometrics: 22 September Ikeja TLS (Priority for all 5 of us)
*Sent to DMC same day and received by DMC... Then it decided to hang there.
*Declared previous travels to US and UK as well as previous refusals (one refusal for US last year and one for UK 11 years ago).
*No non-straightforward mail, but I was so anxious when the 5-working day priority period elapsed. Sent a mail to UK Visa and Immigration last week Tuesday and got a response to provide more details for investigation (GWF number, passport number, date of birth, place of application, date of biometrics. reason for escalation etc.). Nothing heard from them again till now.
*Got collection mail for all 5 of us yesterday between 2:44pm and 3:06pm.
*Picked up today after waiting on a long queue for almost two hours.
Next plan- Travel.

Although I had already submitted our visa application before joining this thread, I enjoyed following the conversations and got one or two learnings from here.

Thanks to all who support others here and congrats in advance to all waiting to collect their visas.

God is great!!!

Congratulations
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Irenefeyi: 12:35am On Oct 07, 2021
KunMagic9:
Pls is der anyone at University of South Wales? I need to ask some questions please.
Hello, I also got an offer from University of South Wales.... kindly share d info u get . I’m also trying to know more about the school.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by EmeraldMars: 1:17am On Oct 07, 2021
Hi guys, Can i use my bank statement for my unmarried partner?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Seyisuccess: 1:30am On Oct 07, 2021
Please anyone that got admitted to university of Sunderland should please contact and let's reason together.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by tizah2020: 1:36am On Oct 07, 2021
Good afternoon my people

I am currently waiting for PPR, AOR Jan 2021 but I have decided to go for my masters while I wait.

1. Currently in Us on visit and secured admission for mba but it takes 5 months appx for change of visa to students visa in USA and the program is for 2 years

2. Got an admission in the Uk too which is for a year.

My question is does Canada value Uk admission more than us? Because for the us, if I start my change in status to student now , it takes app 5 months before i can now proceed to the 2year mba program ? Won’t I have gotten ppr before all this ends like this?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ritzzybaron: 2:22am On Oct 07, 2021
Thank you once again. I've gotten my medical appointment set for next week.
phadriz:

Walk in is not allowed again in IOM Lagos, just send the mail you will be given a very close date, that's what I did for my family but if the date given to you wasn't favorable you may reply the mail to appeal for a closer date.

I insist don't go there if you don't have appointment, because you won't be attended to, it is clearly stated in the memo paste on their gate.

I wish you best of luck.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by humbleprof19(m): 2:30am On Oct 07, 2021
send a mail to internationalenquiries@tees.ac.uk and request for the banking details, they reply fast or you can request through the live chat in the portal

Horpemih:

Pls how did you make your payment to Teeside,I can't generate invoice for bank transfer,I only have pay online option. Pls help

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Ibrahim61: 3:36am On Oct 07, 2021
Hi Guys. So on the bank statement I intend to use, the name arrangement is wrong as opposed to my passport. Instead of A B C, it's A C B. I've been advised to either get an affidavit or try and change the name (long process coz my bank is unserious). I'm scared it could mess up the application. What do you guys think I should do? Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by harrrry: 3:54am On Oct 07, 2021
Congratulations .
Baysbabe:
It’s raining visas o!!!

Visa collected for family of five (5) today.
*Biometrics: 22 September Ikeja TLS (Priority for all 5 of us)
*Sent to DMC same day and received by DMC... Then it decided to hang there.
*Declared previous travels to US and UK as well as previous refusals (one refusal for US last year and one for UK 11 years ago).
*No non-straightforward mail, but I was so anxious when the 5-working day priority period elapsed. Sent a mail to UK Visa and Immigration last week Tuesday and got a response to provide more details for investigation (GWF number, passport number, date of birth, place of application, date of biometrics. reason for escalation etc.). Nothing heard from them again till now.
*Got collection mail for all 5 of us yesterday between 2:44pm and 3:06pm.
*Picked up today after waiting on a long queue for almost two hours.
Next plan- Travel.

Although I had already submitted our visa application before joining this thread, I enjoyed following the conversations and got one or two learnings from here.

Thanks to all who support others here and congrats in advance to all waiting to collect their visas.

God is great!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by patikh123(m): 4:06am On Oct 07, 2021
good day all, pls I got an offer in Teesside University and need to pay my tuition deposit but I don't have the account details of the school how can I get it and I need to fill the form A today. thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Kj40: 4:39am On Oct 07, 2021
Kj40:
Help a brother.....

Pls what is the price tag for day 2 test and day 8 test.

I will be happy i can get the link to book the test.

Thank you all.

Waiting to read from you "gurus" available.

Please help me with this information. It is very URGENT. No time to waste....pls
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Babababy(m): 5:19am On Oct 07, 2021
Kj40:

Please help me with this information. It is very URGENT. No time to waste....pls

There are a number of test providers sprawled across the UK, once you know where you would be isolation ,its best to pick a provider close to your geographic location to facilitate ease of delivery on time.
Follow the link attached, select the self swab at home option and fill in your geographic location, you should get different hits and then select which ever tickles your fancy.

https://www.find-travel-test-provider.service.gov.uk/test-type/amber

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Kj40: 5:31am On Oct 07, 2021
For those that entered UK recently and paid for day 2 and day 8 test.
1. How much is the affordable price range and how did u pay for it (is it through naira master card or british pounds sterling)
2. Which option ( self swab on site or self swab at home)

No knowledge is lost... please share your experience
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Kj40: 5:33am On Oct 07, 2021
Thank you at Babababy.... more grace.

Kj40:
1. How much is the affordable price range and how did u pay for it (is it through naira master card or british pounds sterling)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Kj40: 5:33am On Oct 07, 2021
Thank you.

Babababy:

There are a number of test providers sprawled across the UK, once you know where you would be isolation ,its best to pick a provider close to your geographic location to facilitate ease of delivery on time.
Follow the link attached, select the self swab at home option and fill in your geographic location, you should get different hits and then select which ever tickles your fancy.

https://www.find-travel-test-provider.service.gov.uk/test-type/amber
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Babababy(m): 5:45am On Oct 07, 2021
Kj40:

Affordable is relative, there is no set price and on that list you would find test kit of £600 and also as low £15.

some are expensive because its provider supervised at your home, meaning they come to your place to take the test.(I see absolutely no reason for this option), while Some low end kits are swabs taking on site. Now you cant literally choose that because you should be isolating, but if you find a provider very close to your isolation site, then perhaps you can and I mean walking distance. A couple of people have chosen that option .

Unfortunately the Nigerian bank cards are becoming absolutely useless, but if you choose a kit below £50, you can try the card, otherwise a Dom assisted card might be your best option.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by fabulous2019: 6:39am On Oct 07, 2021
Thomas18:
please I have two questions. I got an offer for university of Salford, January 2022 intake

1. is it true that no transaction (debit or credit) should be carried out on the account you're using for POF during the 28 days?? Even if it doesn't go below the required amount?? No transactions at all.

2. is it true that the funding of your account for CAS application MUST begin after you've paid the initial fee deposit?? Statement before initial fee payments doesn't count??
1. Debit or credit can occur but the amount must not be below the required POF for 28 days
2, no

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by kaad: 6:40am On Oct 07, 2021
Quick question please.
A friend is applying for January intake but still waiting to get his new passport from Nigerian immigration, is it okay to submit the application without the passport number before space fill up for the course?
Will he be offered admission without a passport?
Or is best to wait until he get his passport before submitting application

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Nobody: 6:45am On Oct 07, 2021
sniperaz:
Essentially, you can carry out any 'offline' business as long as its not reported to HMRC.

For example, you can be consulting for a business in Korea and they pay you your salary by direct credit to your account as services rendered, then you're fine.

The second illustration: 20 hours does not mean you cannot earn far more than someone who is engaged full time.
For example: You can be engaged 20 hrs but earning £40 per hour(depends on your skill set and the service you can produce). That brings your monthly salary to about £3200 per month.

And please don't ask me what kind of jobs are those. People need to be very creative.

Essentially, be creative but don't break the law.

NB: I know 90% will do care jobs and security but atleast the remaining 10% need to hear that there's something else out there.

You no dey hear word.

Anyway, I essentially pity you and anyone that's listening yo you.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Babababy(m): 6:54am On Oct 07, 2021

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by jtech17: 7:45am On Oct 07, 2021
tochnn:
Is anyone coming to Hull?

Kunleop:

Yes..
I'm planning against next year September
Any info
same here oo.. next year September... the course I'm going in for does not have have January intake (msc mechanical engineering)
Make una carry me along
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Magnifque01: 8:15am On Oct 07, 2021
Seyisuccess:
Please anyone that got admitted to university of Sunderland should please contact and let's reason together.

What intake are you?

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.