Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,113 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (330) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1257559 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Enraf(m): 4:04pm On Oct 06, 2021
Anunwereobi:
Good afternoon house... Please has anyone paid tuition fees above 12k pounds with Form A.. please how did you do it.. The bank i went to said they can only process for 15k dollars and fees i would like to pay for is about 20k dollars... Please i need your advice

Break the payment into 2.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Cynosure95: 4:06pm On Oct 06, 2021
Can you please list one or two of such bank here

GeneralFeezy:
To all who are coming to UK. Immediately you land in UK, open an online bank account ( I mean the ones that don't have physical offices) and request for a card. You will get it before you are out of isolation. This will prevent you from unnecessary wahala from conventional banks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Enraf(m): 4:10pm On Oct 06, 2021
Cynosure95:

Try wise

https://wise.com/invite/ua/adetokunboo31

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by rhymaholic: 4:12pm On Oct 06, 2021
Any lecturer from your school, regardless of department? Cos I'm in the exact same dilemma

fabulous2019:

Go to your school department, and plead with any lecturer to reference u, they will
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Patnuel2015(m): 4:13pm On Oct 06, 2021
Yes Nigeria is not listed. The process is quit simple. If you have been vaccinated in Nigeria, you will not need any predeparture test again. You will however, book for only day 2 test in uk. You will book it before you travel. No quarantine.
If on the other hand, you have not been vaccinated, you do predeparture test, book day 2 and 8 test and still do quarantine.

So choose the one you like.

Babababy:
The UK Gov just updated list of countries that their vaccine certificates would be acknowledged and accepted for travel to UK,but unfortunately Nigeria didn’t make the cut, no african country did.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/countries-with-approved-covid-19-vaccination-programmes-and-proof-of-vaccination?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=govuk-notifications&utm_source=51796ea4-6c6e-4734-bd25-55d4263ec06a&utm_content=immediately

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Patnuel2015(m): 4:15pm On Oct 06, 2021
From which "HERE" did you get that advise
Adesquare6666:

Boss I got unconditional offer to Greenwich but I’ve been getting advice here and there that I should not apply with my 4 defendants as the Uk will think I’m running from my country but seeing yours now I’m thinking of giving it a try then again I don’t want to take any chances I will like to have your contact to put me through like how much did you use as POF please help a brother

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by wunmi38: 4:23pm On Oct 06, 2021
Cynosure95:

Monzo and revolt they come handle and reliable

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by steadyMoving22: 4:34pm On Oct 06, 2021
Crespodinho:
Please someone should answer

it depends on ur interest for academic benefits.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Crenzywilliams(m): 4:50pm On Oct 06, 2021
I just received this mail from my sponsor University toda, I was suppose to get my passport back from DHL today. Omo I don de fear since I c am o...lost all appetite and my gigger-man, crazy junior con run jump inside.

The mail.
Dear
Best ****e

Further to your email below, it has come to our notice that the name you provided on your Application Form is different to the name stated in your Passport (your full legal name).

When you attend your Visa Interview, the name stated on your CAS Letter must match the name stated on your Passport (your full legal name); this means you require a corrected CAS Letter for your Visa Interview.

I have informed a senior colleague within the International Admissions Team that you require a corrected CAS Letter, as a matter of urgency. Please check your email box on a regular basis, so you may collect this important item upon issue.

Kind regards

Paula

Ok, then I sent a mail that I have already applied for my visa and waiting for the decision today.

My testimony.
I have collected my passport and my face de shine wella for the inside....
Am so grateful for all of you that responded to my questions and proffered solutions.

Application submitted: 22nd September.
Biometrics:23rd September (walk-in),
Moved to DMC:23rd September,
Arrived at VAC: 04th Septemer.

No, prior visa applications before (virgin passport),
No interview,
No NSF mail,
Nothing. I just followed all the instructions posted here and asked questions I needed answers to.
@ Baba justwise, thank you plenty,
@all those that helped to answer all my mumu questions, Una too much..am so grateful.
Even me sef wen be bolt driver fit still go UK, abeg make Una still de help me cos the jouyner still need plenty explanation.
Thank you.

17 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 06, 2021
Crenzywilliams:
I just received this mail from my sponsor University toda, I was suppose to get my passport back from DHL today. Omo I don de fear since I c am o...lost all appetite and my gigger-man, crazy junior con run jump inside.

The mail.
Dear
Best Ikechukwu Omorede

Further to your email below, it has come to our notice that the name you provided on your Application Form is different to the name stated in your Passport (your full legal name).

When you attend your Visa Interview, the name stated on your CAS Letter must match the name stated on your Passport (your full legal name); this means you require a corrected CAS Letter for your Visa Interview.

I have informed a senior colleague within the International Admissions Team that you require a corrected CAS Letter, as a matter of urgency. Please check your email box on a regular basis, so you may collect this important item upon issue.

Kind regards

Paula

Ok, then I sent a mail that I have already applied for my visa and waiting for the decision today.

My testimony.
I have collected my passport and my face de shine wella for the inside....
Am so grateful for all of you that responded to my questions and proffered solutions.

Application submitted: 22nd September.
Biometrics:23rd September (walk-in),
Moved to DMC:23rd September,
Arrived at VAC: 04th Septemer.

No, prior visa applications before (virgin passport),
No interview,
No NSF mail,
Nothing. I just followed all the instructions posted here and asked questions I needed answers to.
@ Baba justwise, thank you plenty,
@all those that helped to answer all my mumu questions, Una too much..am so grateful.
Even me sef wen be bolt driver fit still go UK, abeg make Una still de help me cos the jouyner still need plenty explanation.
Thank you.
am really happy for you. Now that you have gotten your Visa, has your crazy junior come outside now? Congratulations!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Babababy(m): 5:16pm On Oct 06, 2021
Patnuel2015:
Yes Nigeria is not listed. The process is quit simple. If you have been vaccinated in Nigeria, you will not need any predeparture test again. You will however, book for only day 2 test in uk. You will book it before you travel. No quarantine.
If on the other hand, you have not been vaccinated, you do predeparture test, book day 2 and 8 test and still do quarantine.

So choose the one you like.

The process is quite simple you say?I am not sure you read the attached link properly, Nigeria is not on the list and travellers from Nigeria have to follow rules for people who do not qualify as fully vaccinated. Please go an read and digest again

They only recognise
1. NHS COVID Pass .(UK)
2. EU Digital Covid certificate (EU)
3.Center for Disease Control and Prevention vaccination Card (US)
4. Vaccine Certificates of countries listed on the site.

Again Nigeria is not listed ,and its quite simple to understand.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Crespodinho(m): 5:53pm On Oct 06, 2021
steadyMoving22:
it depends on ur interest for academic benefits.

I don't understand sir. Please explain
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by GeraRoom: 5:58pm On Oct 06, 2021
Usually, going through the Dean Student Affairs or Alumni Association will be better

rhymaholic:
Any lecturer from your school, regardless of department? Cos I'm in the exact same dilemma

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by GeraRoom: 6:02pm On Oct 06, 2021
Any help please? @justwise @scooby2007 @all

GeraRoom:
Hello Good People!

I and my family are scheduled for TB test next week but my child's passport (2years old) isn't out yet.

Please has anyone successfully done tests for their kid(s) without international passport? Perhaps only Birth Certificate?

I read it here sometime ago but can't remember the resolution.

Kindly assist
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Nobody: 6:34pm On Oct 06, 2021
i got my cas today..... jan intake

FTO2019:
Good evening pls did u hear anything concerning CAS for Sheffield Hallam university for January intake

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by tombnok: 6:37pm On Oct 06, 2021
Teesside University.

Ogedadiva:

Which school please ?
Yes,she can apply now.

GtB dollar account.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by tombnok: 6:39pm On Oct 06, 2021
3 days if your Bank reply Fast enough.

lovable85:

Wow teeside have started releasing CAS
Please how long after you submitted the required documents, did you receive your CAS

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Newwoman: 6:52pm On Oct 06, 2021
Congratulations. God is faithful

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by TundeChris: 6:57pm On Oct 06, 2021
Beckysomiari:

No interview right? Please when did you get your offer letter?

I am getting stressed out with the wait.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Egocen: 7:01pm On Oct 06, 2021
Please email Hannahcaplan0@gmail.com

use "mango" as code lol

Thomas18:
I'm for jan also. please what's your phone number
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Nobody: 7:09pm On Oct 06, 2021
yea no interview......was a surprise. I got my unconditional offer in August.. Don't stress too much, yours would be out jus
t trust God.
TundeChris:

No interview right? Please when did you get your offer letter?

I am getting stressed out with the wait.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by steadyMoving22: 7:10pm On Oct 06, 2021
Crespodinho:

I don't understand sir. Please explain

Economically,u guys should get married and one should go along as an independent. Academically,u both can apply for an MSC separately,if u have the funds.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Marex123: 7:12pm On Oct 06, 2021
Visa alert visa alert visa alert !!!
Biometrics Aug 06
Non straight forward mail Aug 29
Decision mail sept 30
Collection mail oct 5
DHL delivery oct 6
Standard Application
I really give thanks to God because those waiting periods are really hard but God came through for me and remember me OPE LO END STORY MI
To those who are still waiting dont worry God will come through for you
Thanks to all Nairaland family

18 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by PhilJames: 7:15pm On Oct 06, 2021
Greetings everyone

Please I need some clarification

1. How do I book for TB test? I am going for masters this January

2. Can NIN or voters card be used as a mean of identification for my spouse as her passport is still being processed?

Thank you for your responses
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Nobody: 7:17pm On Oct 06, 2021
Marex123:
Visa alert visa alert visa alert !!!
Biometrics Aug 06
Non straight forward mail Aug 29
Decision mail sept 30
Collection mail oct 5
DHL delivery oct 6
Standard Application
I really give thanks to God because those waiting periods are really hard but God came through for me and remember me OPE LO END STORY MI
To those who are still waiting dont worry God will come through for you
Thanks to all Nairaland family
congratulations

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by hustla(m): 7:26pm On Oct 06, 2021
tombnok:
3 days if your Bank reply Fast enough.

shocked
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by FTO2019: 7:29pm On Oct 06, 2021
Beckysomiari:

really! That’s nice, am still expecting mine. I also got my unconditional offer in July
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Tesslee: 7:31pm On Oct 06, 2021
Hello house, please I am in dire need of this information. My Cas entry date is October 8 and I just got collection mail today. Can I travel on that same date or after that date. Is it possible?

Please you have an answer yo this help me out.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by fatima04: 7:38pm On Oct 06, 2021
Ourown:
Hello Guys.

Please I need your input on this matter. I have B.Tech in biochemistry 2.1. I have been searching for MSC courses to apply for in an affordable school with fees around 10k or lower. I don't want to do lab work again. I would prefer something that has to do with computer. Maybe Bioinformatics, Health Informatics, computational biology etc.

Please advise me on what to do in regards to affordable school and job prospects after MSC.

Thank you, God bless.

Being a biomedical scientist is a good job prospect e.g on the shortage list, eligible for health and care visa and you can get a job with the NHS. Just ensure you do a HCPC accredited course in Biomedical sciences and you should be okay. Check the shortage list for those other options you stated

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by TundeChris: 7:51pm On Oct 06, 2021
Beckysomiari:
yea no interview......was a surprise. I got my unconditional offer in August.. Don't stress too much, yours would be out jus
t trust God.

Thank you. Lastly, please what are the documents listed on the CAS. I had some issues with my WAEC certificate so I was told CAS would list required documents to be submitted.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by TundeChris: 7:56pm On Oct 06, 2021
PhilJames:
Greetings everyone

Please I need some clarification

1. How do I book for TB test? I am going for masters this January

2. Can NIN or voters card be used as a mean of identification for my spouse as her passport is still being processed?

Thank you for your responses

For TB test, you have to book a date and pay around 56k before the date.
https://mymedical.iom.int/apps/omas/#_frmHome

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Crenzywilliams(m): 8:14pm On Oct 06, 2021
[quote author=Oluwatosinliz post=106504755] am really happy for you. Now that you have gotten your Visa, has your crazy junior come outside now? Congratulations![/quote

(1) (2) (3) ... (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.