Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (509) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1254705 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by DharmmieO: 11:27am On Nov 09, 2021
Leave the money in her account and use it. That's the best thing to do.
If you move it out of her account, you may be required to still show the money in her own account.

teeboi77:
Good Morning ,please I need a clarification ,total Fund needed for our POF is 16m (Family of 4) but we kept 18.5m just incase of fluctuation, my wife is the student and applied for Visa with the statement of account, the question here now is once her Visa is out can we use same statement to apply for myself and my kids immediately or we must move out the fund from her account to my own account and count another 28 days before we can apply??

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by justwise(m): 11:29am On Nov 09, 2021
tawa89:
Hi guys, my brother wants to apply for UK student visa next month, he has almost everything ready but he has a little problem, a couple of years ago, my cousin who is Canadian invited him to Canada for his wedding, so he contracted the services of an agent to help him with getting all the necessary documents he needed to apply, and the agent advised him to procure a marriage certificate eventhough he wasn't married yet to improve his chances of getting the visa. He said they were massively rejecting single people because of weak home ties, so he went to our local government to get a marriage certificate. After applying for the visa he still got denied based on economic issues in Nigeria and home ties. So fast forward to this year, he got admitted to a school in UK, and he is preparing to apply for a visa, he is confused if he should admit he applied for a Canadian visa in when applying, note that the passport he used to apply for the Canadian visa has expired and he is using a fresh passport, or if he admits that he applied for a Canadian visa years ago will they find out that he declared he was married when he applied for Canadian visa and reject him for UK visa because he is actually single.

Some people are advising him to go on and apply with his single marital status eventhough he once declared a different marital status for Canada application, that it doesn't matter plus he is using a new passport not the old one he used for Canadian application years ago. So I decided to ask people here who have more experience so we don't make any mistakes.

Since he was not refused as a result of that fake marriage certificate then he is lucky. So declare the refusal and briefly explain why he was refused. Not a big deal
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Betrueiscool: 11:32am On Nov 09, 2021
@justwise Are this the licensed schools? I didn’t see ulster? Does it mean that it’s not ?
Pls @justwise I want to apply what are the lists of school for 2022 May Intake
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by tawa89(f): 11:32am On Nov 09, 2021
Please and he can still declare he is single in his marital status when he is doing the UK application right?
justwise:

Since he was not refused as a result of that fake marriage certificate then he is lucky. So declare the refusal and briefly explain why he was refused. Not a big deal
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by DharmmieO: 11:32am On Nov 09, 2021
It really doesn't matter when you start counting. Just make sure the 28 days statement is still valid (not more than 31 days after the day 28) by the time you apply for your visa.

E.g. You put the money in your account on Oct 1; applied to the school on Oct 8; received your admission on Oct 29; By Oct 29, the statement is already 28 days. It is still valid till Nov 28. Hope this makes it clear.

Betrueiscool:

Good morning , pls how is this 28days counted ,
Is it before you apply to the school or after applying to the school when the school sends admission letter ,then after initial deposit of tuition fee has been deducted from the account u start counting from one to 28days ?

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by bali233: 11:33am On Nov 09, 2021
Betrueiscool:
@justwise Are this the licensed schools? I didn’t see ulster? Does it mean that it’s not ?

Uni of Chester
Uni of Bedfordshire
Uni of law
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by justwise(m): 11:34am On Nov 09, 2021
Betrueiscool:

Those schools in that list should be avoided if see their sponsorship status as child
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by justwise(m): 11:35am On Nov 09, 2021
tawa89:
Please and he can still declare he is single in his marital status when he is doing the UK application right?

Is your brother married?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by DharmmieO: 11:36am On Nov 09, 2021
It's best you all apply together while the main applicant does priority application. I don't think home ties is a requirement if the entire family is migrating together. Just make sure you have enough evidence to show you are married and the kids are yours.

If you decide for her to apply alone first, then leave the money in her account till you and the kids are ready to apply as well.

teeboi77:
Please am confused on decision about my family application, my wife sister resides in the UK and she's advising that my wife(student) apply for visa first and once her visa is out then myself and our Kids can then apply reason been that they may want to see home ties,POF in her account has more than enough fund to cover 4 of us to apply together ,we intend applying together wifey to do priority while myself and kids do standard but not am just confused..

If she apply alone now can myself and kids use same statement of account to apply for our own once her visa is out or fund must be move to my own account and count 28 days to apply (this is what someone is telling me).

kindly advise and response is needed here....

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ezixt: 11:40am On Nov 09, 2021
Folabifreeman:

They'll accept it.
Westminster is a great University in London

Will be resuming there by January. Do you stay in London? If yes, any tips for new arrivals?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by RetiredAdult: 11:43am On Nov 09, 2021
Please, what was Flutterwave rate when you paid?

Zangovinchy:
I downloaded fluterwave and within 30 minutes I was able to pay for all my dependants' IHS and Visa fees. Like I said, I started the application afresh. It's only when you get to TLSconnect site that it might be difficult to correct anything( that's after uploading documents). You will see is it written.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by tawa89(f): 11:43am On Nov 09, 2021
No he is not. He is just worried that since the marriage certificate was captured when he applied for the Canadian visa, it could pop up if he declares single which he is while applying for UK
justwise:

Is your brother married?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ezixt: 11:45am On Nov 09, 2021
Welcomme:
Pls bro, do you have an idea if university of Westminster takes WAEC as a proof of English? My WAEC is over exactly 10 years this year but I plan to apply next year making it 11 years by then. Likewise, how good is the university? Thanks sir

Yes, they do accept WAEC. Got an offer from them with my WAEC result that is 16 years. I will be resuming by January.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Welcomme: 11:48am On Nov 09, 2021
ezixt:

Yes, they do accept WAEC. Got an offer from them with my WAEC result that is 16 years. I will be resuming by January.
Thanks sir for the response. Can I send you a PM?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ezixt: 11:51am On Nov 09, 2021
Welcomme:
Thanks sir for the response. Can I send you a PM?

Yes you can.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Amazoner01: 11:51am On Nov 09, 2021
DharmmieO:
Please, how can we get PTA with a one-way ticket? Kindly advise.

Walk into any bank and show them your document with your one way ticket not necessarily a return ticket. To the best of my knowledge, return ticket are requested from people with visit or tourist visa and the likes not for study visa.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Hadassahdia: 11:53am On Nov 09, 2021
Arike23:
Pls anyone for Cardiff metropolitan university, international business management for January 2022 received an offer yet?

Also for university of Sunderland, who has done the informal skype interview (pre-cas i guess)? how did it go and what questions were you asked?

Would appreciate a reply.
I just got a conditional offer for Cardiff same course
Can we connect
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Monroelee: 11:53am On Nov 09, 2021
Abeg anybody here please?
Monroelee:
please is anybody here currently living in brighton? i need to ask some questions about living conditions and all
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Welcomme: 11:54am On Nov 09, 2021
ezixt:

Yes you can.
Done. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Kollinburg: 12:07pm On Nov 09, 2021
mechoau:

Thanks sir… maybe I’ll go for Middlesex. I was given unconditional offer yesterday in MSc Business and Management. Do you have idea if there’s any group for Middlesex?

No I don’t have lemme know if U do
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Betrueiscool: 12:16pm On Nov 09, 2021
[quote author=DharmmieO post=107460350]It really doesn't matter when you start counting. Just make sure the 28 days statement is still valid (not more than 31 days after the day 28) by the time you apply for your visa.

E.g. You put the money in your account on Oct 1; applied to the school on Oct 8; received your admission on Oct 29; By Oct 29, the statement is already 28 days. It is still valid till Nov 28. Hope this makes it clear.

According to your explanation
I tot since Oct 29th is the 28th day , since I got my offer letter on 29th OCT , am I not suppose to print and submit the bank statement for CAS? ? Why wait for another 28 days till 28th November , do u mean I can print it out on 28th oct and keep then submit on 28th nov
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Betrueiscool: 12:17pm On Nov 09, 2021
DharmmieO:
It really doesn't matter when you start counting. Just make sure the 28 days statement is still valid (not more than 31 days after the day 28) by the time you apply for your visa.

According to your explanation
I tot since Oct 29th is the 28th day , since I got my offer letter on 29th OCT , am I not suppose to print and submit the bank statement for CAS? ? Why wait for another 28 days till 28th November , do u mean I can print it out on 28th oct and keep then submit on 28th nov
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Pauloot(m): 12:18pm On Nov 09, 2021
Checked out university of Derby, couldn’t see their what their payment plan is like. I know deposit fee is £3k! Who has idea?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Keralis: 12:35pm On Nov 09, 2021
Please urgent help needed!!!
We are yet to receive test kits from Dante lab and this is day 2 already.
Can we cancel and book another lab at this time or wait for them to ship as they said they have not shipped and we may choose to cancel. What's the best way forward please?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ezixt: 12:39pm On Nov 09, 2021
AOI2016:
If you stay in Lagos or Abuja,kindly go to their office and get a date.

I was thinking booking can only be done online now because I got a mail from them stating so.

Are you saying I can physically go to the office and still get a booking?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by justwise(m): 12:40pm On Nov 09, 2021
tawa89:
No he is not. He is just worried that since the marriage certificate was captured when he applied for the Canadian visa, it could pop up if he declares single which he is while applying for UK

He has two choices..

!. keep forging documents or

2. Start being honest in his application

People can't keep blaming agent all the time.

7 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Xtophar: 12:51pm On Nov 09, 2021
Please I need assistance.
I am trying to book a date this month for Tuberculosis test in Lagos for UK visa application but there is no available date listed.

Please can someone tell me how to go about it. Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by dettolgel: 1:04pm On Nov 09, 2021
please how can I go about booking medical test for UK visa in Abuja for my cousin?

Secondly, anyone has idea how long it takes for Ulster to give admission decision?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Fabulux: 1:19pm On Nov 09, 2021
This is your own law "Once they discovered that your funds as the main applicant have depreciated, the dependant will be denied and the main applicant visa cancelled". Don't say what you don't know. If dependent are applying separately, the main applicant does not need to show POF . So it is expected that even if the main applicant got visa and has traveled for over two months, his fund should still be intact? What should he use to pay rent and settle in.
Marshall008:
Hello my people… I just have time to read Nairaland now, finding feet in this UK is interesting and demanding. I think it will be selfish of me if I couldn’t contribute my own quota of information I got concerning this issue.

ST. 33.3 seems to have explained it but on the second image, it’s written otherwise. Or it’s English disturbing me

quote author=Goke7 post=107339961]

Once you indicate that your dependants are coming with you whether now or later you must show proof of funds to cover for everyone. If you go ahead and apply with your POF alone because they are not coming immediately, you will be given visa o but when your dependants will apply later is when jungle will mature. Your dependant will be asked to print your statement from the time you apply to the time your dependant applied. This is the case and question someone just asked if you go some pages back. Once they discovered that your funds as the main applicant have depreciated, the dependant will be denied and the main applicant visa cancelled. It has happened to people on this forum so be warned. Let no agent deceive you. Perhaps some folks escaped this before but the home office guys are not smiling these days as they suspect folks are moving funds from one account to another all in the name of POF.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Gozman1975: 1:44pm On Nov 09, 2021
luckymindz:
Hi, has anyone here used Access Bank signature card to pay for Visa and IHS fees? Is it cheaper than getting dollars from BlackMarket? Thanks

Yes I do. I subscribed to their monthly exclusive offer which cost me 6500 naira approximately including 7.5% vat. But you can't use it for crypto purchases. In fact when I tried to on various crypto sites I couldn't succeed....the card was being rejected. And I engaged access bank customer care online and they said it's not allowed to be used on crypto sites. So am presently trying to disable the card....before they charge me again on November 30, 2021.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Zangovinchy: 1:48pm On Nov 09, 2021
571 as at last week. Now that dollar is dropping, it might be lower. Please confirm first.

bali233:

At what rate did flutterwave give u pls
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by R3ndy: 1:53pm On Nov 09, 2021
Xtophar:
Please I need assistance.
I am trying to book a date this month for Tuberculosis test in Lagos for UK visa application but there is no available date listed.

Please can someone tell me how to go about it. Thank you.

Send them a mail; attach your passport page and use “URGENT REQUEST FOR UK MEDICALS”. You’d get an automated response then after 3 days you should get a date.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.