Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (532) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1257422 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Km007: 9:19pm On Nov 11, 2021
Have you paid for CAS?
orangb:

Got offer from uclan, any question?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Betrueiscool: 9:19pm On Nov 11, 2021
bemagnify:

I am for January intake, still waiting for CAS. My campus is London Bloomsbury ... University of law is a private university, it is presumed to be a good school judging from the Nigerian students' community in the school. They also offer accommodation based on your budget.

@justwise @everybody @bemanify

Is university of law a licenced school ? It’s not on the list of licensed school on UKI , I saw Oxford and Cambridge and some others
I didn’t see university of law

I am about applying , someone mentioned here that friend said it’s not cool ,

From my research the courses biz n rest are quite expensive fee and the mail and call I got sounds like a white German man from an agent company working for d school I guess

How do I join the Nigeria community of the school ?

How much is accommodation?

Did u select this campus yourself ?
Is London Bloomsbury still London ?
You know they also have campus in Berlin Germany for some course
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Welcomme: 9:24pm On Nov 11, 2021
jfrazzy:

So you mean are academic dreams or japa has ended already or is there other options for her
Make she go North cyrprus. Those ones na her money den really need. Dem no go deny her. By the way, I made a post up, scroll and read the post.
Welcomme:
Why people are still giving agents to do this application for them is beyond me... Most Nigerian agents are dubious and will always want to do things dubiously even if you didn't ask them to. Friends, except you are applying to Northern Cyprus and its likes, avoid agents at all cost. Every information you need is on this thread. At first, when I came here, I was confused about the whole process, I was seeing words like "CAS" "TB" " IOM" "IHS" that i didnt know the mesning (I googled most to know them) and also after I started reading from page 1 to this present page, I know most of this process of heart. I have gathered so much info from here that would aid my application for sept 2022. Asking questions here too is not forbidden. Even if Justwise doesnt answer your question, there are other gurus here that will put you through. You can ask questions if you are confused. My point is, avoid agents if you are applying to "serious" countries.. You can do it yourself with the help of nairalanders (no man knows it all). You can also man your own personal research. Most of us are going for Msc that requires thorough research so we should start tasking our brain from the application process.. Avoid Nigerian agent if you can to save your money and unnecessary stress.

For that guy's sister, I am afraid, the agent used a fake account. I don't think she can do anything about it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ndidibabe(f): 9:36pm On Nov 11, 2021
ibk5891:
Got to IOM Ikeja today around 10am (my appointment was for 2pm).

As am typing this now, it's 8.04pm and am on the Que for x-ray (d last stage).

TB test is a whole days job oh! The center closed yesterday around 12am in d midnight.

No joke!
They are just using the TB test to make money...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Chidinwa(m): 9:37pm On Nov 11, 2021
Welcomme:
Make she go North cyrprus. Those ones na her money den really need. Dem no go deny her. By the way, I made a post up, scroll and read the post.
Russia,Ukraine and Belarus might work for her?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Zimzee: 9:37pm On Nov 11, 2021
Hello peeps, this was the mail my friend received today from UKvi, asking for evidence of employment. Please how would she respond to this without making mistake. She is a banker, she has her offer letter and confirmation letter, but the issue is the both have figures of her salary. Hope it wont be an issue. Could it be the want to find out how much she earns?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by pete3000: 9:41pm On Nov 11, 2021
Wow, I’m finally in page 532 all the way from page 1

8 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ezixt: 9:41pm On Nov 11, 2021
Finally got a date for TB test today at the Abuja center.

Key points from my experience today for those still struggling with this:

1) Booking can only be done online.

I wasn't allowed to enter the premises without proof that I had booked a date online.

I was only guided to do the booking right there at the gate with my phone by a security personnel who seemed to know much about the process and was putting many people through.

2) There seems to be a trick to the process.

After I had followed the directions given to me, I still wasn't able to get through with the process.

On my third attempt, the security personnel asked me to show him my passport number.

Where I was to input my passport number, he asked me to input 7 as the last digit, meanwhile my last digit is 8.

I questioned it but he told me it will be corrected when I come for the test.

Immediately I complied, boom, it went through. My reference number was generated with my booked date.

3) The earliest date available when I was trying to get a date was 21st December, which I went for.

After the booking, I complained that the date is not good for me given that I need to apply for my Visa soon since I'm resuming in January.

I was then asked to go inside and make a case for an earlier date, which I did.

With my offer later as a proof, and some explanation, I was then given 23rd November.

That was my experience today. I now have a date. Another hurdle crossed. We move.

Good luck to everyone yet to cross this hurdle.

9 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by superplus(m): 9:42pm On Nov 11, 2021
lakesilla:
Any January 2022 intake for Sheffield hallam university, pls reach out, let's connect.

I'm heading to Sheffield Hallam university by God'sgrace. I have sent you an email.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ndidibabe(f): 9:48pm On Nov 11, 2021
Zimzee:
Hello peeps, this was the mail my friend received today from UKvi, asking for evidence of employment. Please how would she respond to this without making mistake. She is a banker, she has her offer letter and confirmation letter, but the issue is the both have figures of her salary. Hope it wont be an issue. Could it be the want to find out how much she earns?
Student visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Petdaughter: 9:49pm On Nov 11, 2021
ibk5891:
Got to IOM Ikeja today around 10am (my appointment was for 2pm).

As am typing this now, it's 8.04pm and am on the Que for x-ray (d last stage).

TB test is a whole days job oh! The center closed yesterday around 12am in d midnight.

No joke!

Oh wow! That’s crazy, pele
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by lakesilla(m): 9:49pm On Nov 11, 2021
Replied your mail
superplus:

I'm heading to Sheffield Hallam university by God'sgrace. I have sent you an email.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by phadriz(m): 10:00pm On Nov 11, 2021
Good evening,

I was about applying for visa for my dependent at TLS Ikeja but to my surprise it was showing all dates booked throughout the year but when I switched back to my application as if I want to amend date, it gives me vacant days. What can I do to this ?

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by orangb: 10:08pm On Nov 11, 2021
Km007:
Have you paid for CAS?

I haven't yet but I plan to go to the bank by next week.

By the way, there's option for direct bank transfer through form A payment for Uclan
I had to call the school to get it.

HOW TO PAY YOUR DEPOSIT

Before we can issue you your CAS letter for your visa application, you need to make your deposit payment. The options available are:
1. online payment

2. Flywire payment

2. bank transfer

For reference, the University bank details are:
Bank: Barclays Bank PLC, 38, Fishergate, PRESTON PR1 2AD
Sort code: 20-69-93
Account number: 20560332
IBAN: GB65BARC20699320560332
Swift: BARCGB22

All payment receipts, or any official sponsorship letters can be sent via email to our International Admissions team to be approved. Please remember to include your UCLan Registration Number.

The deadline for meeting financial conditions is 15th December 2021.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by SirWellington(m): 10:08pm On Nov 11, 2021
ThaSlimKidd:

No idea. But they treated Form A within 5 working days. So I'd presume they should respond quickly.

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by orangb: 10:15pm On Nov 11, 2021
Betrueiscool:

@justwise @everybody @bemanify

Is university of law a licenced school ? It’s not on the list of licensed school on UKI , I saw Oxford and Cambridge and some others
I didn’t see university of law

I am about applying , someone mentioned here that friend said it’s not cool ,

From my research the courses biz n rest are quite expensive fee and the mail and call I got sounds like a white German man from an agent company working for d school I guess

How do I join the Nigeria community of the school ?

How much is accommodation?

Did u select this campus yourself ?
Is London Bloomsbury still London ?
You know they also have campus in Berlin Germany for some course

Its licensed obviously. Most people don't check the full list
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Adebeewhy: 10:19pm On Nov 11, 2021
Hi,
I'm also for Sheffield Hallam. Let's connect.
superplus:

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Zimzee: 10:23pm On Nov 11, 2021
Yes o, student visa
ndidibabe:
Student visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Rachy30: 10:25pm On Nov 11, 2021
Anybody?

Rachy30:
Hello. Been reading here for over 5 years, but first time posting.
Please is anyone awaiting admission from Huddersfield University or Leeds Beckett University?
I applied to both schools since last month (28th and 22nd respectively) and no mail yet. Though I have started counting 28 days POF while waiting for them. Kindly share your experience if you have applied to any of them. Thanks a lot.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by User10011: 10:34pm On Nov 11, 2021
Rachy30:
Anybody?

I already got a response from Huddersfield but they’re so slow. It’s been almost two months and my offer is still conditional
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by fenoll05: 10:36pm On Nov 11, 2021
I got a similar mail and have sent them evidence of work history which included a letter of introduction from my HR since Monday and I am yet to hear from them.
Zimzee:

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by DREAMSALIVE: 10:39pm On Nov 11, 2021
Good evening fam.
Please I need an advice.
My wife is applying as the primary applicant for visa.
Is it advisable to apply for mine as the dependant almost immediately after her visa is out or I wait till she travels .
We couldn't do it together cos I couldn't get the POF needed for both of us at that time ,but I have my POF running now.

The primary aim was for us to leave together.
NB. We both are going to use priority.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by samguy007: 10:41pm On Nov 11, 2021
hello guys, My Tb test is on Monday, 5pm . will be paying tommorow, was told its currently 57,800?
Got a mail from the school today : "We are almost ready to issue your CAS however before we do, we need to see that you have the funds in place to support your Student Visa application"
but My 28 days will elapse on 25 Nov. Means ill wait till then and send the statement to the school to issue CAS?

Though i have an agent handling it , just wanna learn outside the box

thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by samguy007: 10:43pm On Nov 11, 2021
Richystar4:
Please who is going to Edinburgh Napier University, January 2022? Let's connect

here
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by mykohayz(m): 11:32pm On Nov 11, 2021
trippleguy:
I dey here too, which email can we connect to on

Check your mail and respond

(1) (2) (3) ... (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.