Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,810 members, 7,817,350 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (561) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1257035 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) (563) (564) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by bali233: 11:50am On Nov 16, 2021
dapreal:

I did Bsc zoology as my first degree

Not enough. Since you do not have any prior work experience. Health mgt is the business & mgt part of health sector (from my understanding) Why dont you choose another course as they stated since u have already commited an amount. All the best
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Obidede12: 11:53am On Nov 16, 2021
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Anunwereobi: 12:27pm On Nov 16, 2021
I tap into your Grace oo, I did Biometrics too on 26th Ikeja Tls (standard)... Got Nsf on 29th... Till now nothing from them..
Please can I dm you
samint1:
VISA ALERT

Today is finally my day to celebrate!!!
Family of 4
VISA application: October 19 -20
Biometrics: Abuja TLS October 26 (standard) (walk in for the 2 children. We couldn't get the same date for them)
Non straight forward mail: November 1st (4 of us)
Request mail for more documents: November 1st (main applicant only)
Requested documents submitted: November 4th (main applicant)
We waited for one week and nothing happened we had to send paid mail asking for progress of application.
Paid mail: November 11th
Decision mail : November 12th (about 20 hours after sending paid mail)
Dispatched from TLS on Friday 12th (same day as decision mail)
We waited anxiously for DHL to deliver but they didn't because of weekend.
We got our visas yesterday evening finally.

It wasn't an easy wait o. If you have money, pls pay for priority because High BP is real o. We endured a lot during the 3 weeks wait.
This journey started early 2020 and I have been reading this thread everyday religiously.
I must thank everyone on this forum for all the helpful contributions. I gained a lot.
My advice is for everyone to try and read far and wide, use Google a lot and ukvi sit (gov.uk) has almost all the information you require as well as your school website and course page. Don't also shy away from asking when you hit a brick wall too.

You can do everything all by yourself and it is far better because you are sure of what you submitted.

Aston University January 2022

Another piece of advice: if you come across any information you feel might be relevant to you during the process of application, screenshot and keep it in your picture gallery. It is better that way because sometimes this information may be difficult to search for when you need them most.
Over this 2 years I have over a thousand screenshots from nairaland alone.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Zimzee: 12:37pm On Nov 16, 2021
Hubby arrived with our kids on Friday with Qatar airways. MMA is really not much issue, your passenger locator form, covid result for you if not fully vaccinated, day 2 booking proof for you and the kids (include day 8 for yourself if not vaccinated) were all they were particular about. Depending on the officer that will attend to you at UK port of entry, you will most likely answer some questions.
Don't forget your wife's course, course duration, school name and address of where she is living. Remember her house postcode. Just be smart with your answers
Domistic:
Good morning all

Am about to travel to the Uk with the kids. Their mum is already in the Uk as the student while we are dependants. Are there issues I will face at the MMA. Is there any extra document I need to present. I have the consent letter both the Mom and I signed before visa application. Does that suffice?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ExpressBoy: 12:38pm On Nov 16, 2021
Pls how much did they charge you for standard service....

Anunwereobi:
I tap into your Grace oo, I did Biometrics too on 26th Ikeja Tls (standard)... Got Nsf on 29th... Till now nothing from them..
Please can I dm you

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Tundeyolar: 12:41pm On Nov 16, 2021
Kyrie4:
Yes

Kyrie4 Pls how long does it takes before you got your CAs? It is the 4th weeks now and I am still yet to get mine.

Also did it get stuck at 61%? If so pls how many days does it takes you to get it from the day it got stuck at 61%?

Please is there any January 2022 intake here that has gotten cas from university of greenwich recently? Mine is stuck at 61% since last week.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Gloriouscrown: 12:41pm On Nov 16, 2021
samint1:
VISA ALERT

Family of 4
Biometrics: Abuja TLS October 26 (standard) (walk in for the 2 children. We couldn't get the same date for them)
We waited for one week and nothing happened we had to send paid mail asking for progress of application.

It wasn't an easy wait o. If you have money, pls pay for priority because High BP is real o. We endured a lot during the 3 weeks wait.
This journey started early 2020 and I have been reading this thread everyday religiously.
I must thank everyone on this forum for all the helpful contributions. I gained a lot.
My advice is for everyone to try and read far and wide, use Google a lot and ukvi sit (gov.uk) has almost all the information you require as well as your school website and course page. Don't also shy away from asking when you hit a brick wall too.

You can do everything all by yourself and it is far better because you are sure of what you submitted.

Another piece of advice: if you come across any information you feel might be relevant to you during the process of application, screenshot and keep it in your picture gallery. It is better that way because sometimes this information may be difficult to search for when you need them most.

Congratulations to you and your family.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Anunwereobi: 12:49pm On Nov 16, 2021
$497
ExpressBoy:
Pls how much did they charge you for standard service....

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ExpressBoy: 12:55pm On Nov 16, 2021
But how come standard fee is higher to priority fee

Anunwereobi:
$497
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Adesire1: 12:57pm On Nov 16, 2021
Good day people,
I am already in the UK. I want to start my dependants visa application by next week. What is the best way to go about the proof of funds as I have been in the UK for 2 months now. The money is in my husband's account. It covers him and the kids. I hope I am good to go. Any advice will be highly appreciated. Those that did dependants visa while in the UK should please shed more light on documents submitted. Was there any additional document that was requested? Someone mentioned a visa being canceled, is it possible to cancel a visa for someone that is already in the UK. Different things running through my mind.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ExpressBoy: 12:58pm On Nov 16, 2021
Bro what your course and which campus..If I may ask

uote author=Tundeyolar post=107671051]

Please is there any January 2022 intake here that has gotten cas from university of greenwich recently? Mine is stuck at 61% since last week.
[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Kennykayy: 1:08pm On Nov 16, 2021
Congratulations! please what proof of employment did you submit?. And how long educational gap do you have?
samint1:
VISA ALERT

Family of 4

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by cutelekush01: 1:19pm On Nov 16, 2021
ExpressBoy:
But how come standard fee is higher to priority fee

This is in dollar not pounds.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Domistic: 1:25pm On Nov 16, 2021
Zimzee:
Hubby arrived with our kids on Friday with Qatar airways. MMA is really not much issue, your passenger locator form, covid result for you if not fully vaccinated, day 2 booking proof for you and the kids (include day 8 for yourself if not vaccinated) were all they were particular about. Depending on the officer that will attend to you at UK port of entry, you will most likely answer some questions.
Don't forget your wife's course, course duration, school name and address of where she is living. Remember her house postcode. Just be smart with your answers
Many thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Sijuademi: 1:29pm On Nov 16, 2021
Congratulations!!!!

Please help with question below;

My hubby has submitted his Visa application and I am currently applying for mine as a dependants.

While doing this, I was told to add Visa expiry date for my hubby (please see image below) on the IHS Summary Page. His Visa has not been issued yet. Please advise how to proceed with this.

Ugool:
Congrats!

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by samint1: 1:31pm On Nov 16, 2021
We quoted both. Just to be on the safe side

Kyrie4:
please what did you use as the subject line in the mail, is it the VAF XXXXX number or the GWF xxxxx number

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by asadex004: 1:31pm On Nov 16, 2021
Who has applied for sept 2022 intake and has gotten admission?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by jubrilx: 1:33pm On Nov 16, 2021
Hello house, is IOM still #57,800 and is a mobile bank transfer acceptable as a means of payment?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by samint1: 1:35pm On Nov 16, 2021
Employment letter.
If you have HR that can write a reference letter for you confirming you are a staff will also be an added advantage
Kennykayy:
Congratulations! please what proof of employment did you submit?. And how long educational gap do you have?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Sijuademi: 1:40pm On Nov 16, 2021
Congratulations!!!!

My hubby has submitted his Visa application and I am currently applying for mine as a dependants.

While doing this, I was told to add Visa expiry date for my hubby (please see image below) on the IHS Summary Page. His Visa has not been issued yet. Please advise how to proceed with

quote author=samint1 post=107665819]VISA ALERT

Family of 4

Over this 2 years I have over a thousand screenshots from nairaland alone.[/quote]

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Omoluv5: 1:47pm On Nov 16, 2021
samint1:
VISA ALERT

Family of 4

Congratulations to you and family, I tap into this breakthrough.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by bali233: 1:51pm On Nov 16, 2021
Sijuademi:
Congratulations!!!!

While doing this, I was told to add Visa expiry date for my hubby (please see image below) on the IHS Summary Page. His Visa has not been issued yet. Please advise how to proceed with this.

Start date and end date of your husband s course i think

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Exoticmm(f): 1:52pm On Nov 16, 2021
dapreal:
Dear Tosin,

Thank you for your email…!!!

I would like to inform you that we have received all the attached documents safely, However based on our admissions requirements and a thorough assessment of the qualifications, our dedicated admissions team found the academic background is not suitable for MSc-Global Healthcare Management, Kindly confirm with applicant for MSc-Business and Organisational Psychology or confirm any alternate course for further process.

· Provide a detailed personal statement (minimum 500 words) to support your application along with detailed CV and/or work experience letter as submitted transcript are not meeting our standard entry requirement for the applied course. (offer is subject to faculty / admissions approval).

Got this from coventry this morning and I have paid my 8k installment. I don't know what else to do again. Any advice please

Kai, sorry about this. How did you make the payment then, cos I believe you should have had an offer to make the deposit.
Anyway, you can check for courses more along your line of study or proceed with the business psychology course they suggested and research on its employability just to be sure. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Sijuademi: 2:03pm On Nov 16, 2021
Thanks

bali233:

Start date and end date of your husband s course i think
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Ugool: 2:07pm On Nov 16, 2021
Enter his course end date

Sijuademi:
Congratulations!!!!

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by teeboi77: 2:13pm On Nov 16, 2021
Good afternoon all, my wife did Biometric last week Thursday (Priority) but we received a mail now to provide additional document and they ask for employment history from 2012 when she graduated till date( 2021 till date).People who have been asked to provide employment history before what are the documents we should send apart from CV..

Kindly assist with the list of document to send for employment history and also how long did it take before Visa was approved after sending the document?

looking forward to your responses

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ocpaschal: 2:20pm On Nov 16, 2021
em7even:

BA, Ethiopian, Egypt Air, Air Maroc, Turkish, Qatar...
what of Emirates flight using a visitor visa without transit visa needed?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by lobinche101(m): 2:23pm On Nov 16, 2021
Not a circumventiseue. Most banks now do 1 way. Just make sure ur admission letter carry 1k or morr scholarship on it. It will end in praise
hustla:

Hmmm

How come your friend can circumvent CBN instructions?

Zenith Bank, Ikoyi - I will like to check it out sha
shocked

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by hustla(m): 2:26pm On Nov 16, 2021
lobinche101:
Not a circumventiseue. Most banks now do 1 way. Just make sure ur admission letter carry 1k or morr scholarship on it. It will end in praise

Okay

Ill be sure to check with Stanbic and Gtbank too

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Kyrie4: 2:28pm On Nov 16, 2021
Okay. Thanks

samint1:
We quoted both. Just to be on the safe side

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ocpaschal: 2:28pm On Nov 16, 2021
BizBloke:

Hi,
If I'd both options, I'd go for Business Analytics but this is me choosing without knowing what your circumstances or background are. Because with the degree, one can work as a Business Intelligence Analyst, a Business Analyst, a Data Analyst, a Business Consultant etc.

That said, the knowledge you'll gain from both courses can be used in different industries but Business Analytics will set you up more in tech. Additionally, last week, I think I happened on a Business Analytics course that has a Project Management module.

I think you should reevaluate what your career plan is and make a decision based on that. Bear in mind that it's easier (or less difficult) to study Project Management without a structure than it is to study Business Analytics.

About timeframe, the difference between May and September isn't much and might be some time for you to get more money before you depart.
this is really interesting... it would be good to know more about business analytics

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by lobinche101(m): 2:31pm On Nov 16, 2021
Pls do
hustla:

Okay

Ill be sure to check with Stanbic and Gtbank too

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) (563) (564) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.